Mopobattles (stories & speculations)

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

onlainari
Kuski

Mopobattles (stories & speculations)

Post by onlainari »

well..mopobattles are back again,and that is very nic0r. I like them more than Wcup that could be a big burden to carry if you are hunting success. First battle lev was "ok" I give 7/10 ...My brains didn't work on that one and I used a wrong style(27.66) ,but as reviewing the lev,I noticed that it might have been nic0r lev if I had found the style so I give 7. Speculation about the length of battle.. 30mins sounds good.. It's at least minimum imo. Maybe a bigger battle with long (over 2min) level,then 45mins or something could be nice.. We might see it in future I guess. ok more speculation later....
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

speculation is that they are at such a bitch of a time in the morning for me,
can there be one like 1200eet
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

That is one sucky part about being on this side of the world, they start at like noon...im usually in school...but i could do them on weekends, and soon spring break is coming...I just wanna show off my skilz ok
-brag
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

devin wrote:...I just wanna show off my skilz ok
ummm, yea if you say so, :oops:

nah, dev if ur not there its one more that i can pretend i beat,
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

Ky.Jelly wrote: can there be one like 1200eet
This is a site made by finish persons...of course the have there contests on the time that fits them the best...that´s why none are when you want it....
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Yeh mopobattles are really coel. It's fun to play and doesn't take too much time, if you have nothing else to do at that time so why not? This was the first time I höyled over 15min straight after wcup :).
Abu's battle levs are the best imo, they are kinda "rough" and you don't have any silky smooth style/route at the beginning. It gives a lot to the player. Last lev was ok, but there have been better. Still there were many people who used different styles so it's kinda good. Also I had wrong in the end.
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

This was my first mopobattle, and the lev was quiet good I think. Just too bad I didn't have a good style at 10-12 secs for me, maybe I could've gotten 24.. :)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

What to do to those not sending recs but have been telling their times on the channel during the battle (as participating) . 1) Tempban. Can't participate next battle. 2) nothing 3) minus points to total points. 4) add to the list as "not sent rec" and 0p,and those who sent will all get points from those guys who didn't send. 5) ??
cyre
Kuski

Post by cyre »

I think it's pretty simple. The time you've told means nothing if you can't prove it with a replay. So only the ppl who prove their times with replays should make it to the final results. This way you can also decide not to send your replay if you think your time is too bad and you don't want it to be in the results. So if you don't send a replay, you won't be banned, punished or anything like that. You just won't be in the final results.
"Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

it is not fair for those who played that they get less points ,because someone they didn't like wins so they decide not to send so he don't get poitns for instance....now 10 or so just didn't bother to send in and all those who did good lost some points because of that..

it's not very big deal,but...just out of curiosity...I don't care much what the system is ,but if I was in charge I would choose 4) from my previous msg.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

One problem there, onlainari. People would stop telling their times on channel untill the very end. If people had to tell their times in private it could work. But this case would cause much more work for organizer.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

according what skint0r and abu said that they accept replay better than the time you have said on the channel, kinda ez to cheat if you say some time before the battle ends and then you drive after the deadline to get some good time......"oops, me iz overwrite my old rec with better, is it ok to send this?" and they say its ok......
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

the point is they still only get the time they told in channel before deadline..
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

And that new time has to be told on channel immediately after top5 when mode -m is set.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
DYW265
Kuski

Post by DYW265 »

just one thing, from moposite news: "There are two Mopobattles scheduled for Sunday the 5th of April, the first one at 18:00 EET and the second at 20:00 EET."

do you mean saturday 5th or sunday 6th?
cyre
Kuski

Post by cyre »

onlainari wrote:it is not fair for those who played that they get less points ,because someone they didn't like wins so they decide not to send so he don't get poitns for instance....now 10 or so just didn't bother to send in and all those who did good lost some points because of that..

it's not very big deal,but...just out of curiosity...I don't care much what the system is ,but if I was in charge I would choose 4) from my previous msg.
What i meant was that, if there's no replay to verify your time, it's the same as if you never played in the first place. So those who did well shouldn't think they lost points because some ppl didn't send their replays, instead they should think that those ppl just didn't play at all, they decided not to participate in the battle with the time they got. So if 33 ppl sent their replays, then 33 ppl participated in the battle. The rest doesn't matter. They might aswell have been skiing or something... :wink:
"Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

the most annoying thing with people not sending recs is that it delays the results alot, if everyone sent recs right after battle is over and those that won't send says so, results could probably be up 1hr sooner. And those two battles are on sunday the 6th oops. I hate windows calendar starting the week with sundays ;OO
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

omg what a time for mopobattle, midnight in the middle of a week, ppl have school and work you know.... 8O
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

I don't have IRC or can't install it (father's computer). On my computer where I play elma I don't have internet. I use the network if i want to send my stat or other things, but it takes a LOT of time! Have to run up and down stairs! :cry:
[TT=1:01.67] || < [AC] >, Go
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I doubt I'll be able to participate in #22, seing as I have a whole-days test on the forthcoming day...But, we'll see :)
Rules | FAQ
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

I think i can participate in all from saturday night to next sunday or something. Hope it'll be a lot of them then...
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Not so good to have three mopobattles this week when so many isnt at home...Lots of people go skiing or visit friends far from home...
I miss all three of them because Im one of all those who will go skiing (snowboarding). If you think Im selfish I dont care Im not the only one missing it I guess.
Stupid stupid stupid.......
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Relax. It's not the end of the world to miss a battle or three. :))
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Yes it is...Ive played every mopobattle since uhmmmm lets see Ba0018 and I was about continue play every battle...And three battles in just two days is too much, mayb one on sunday one on wednesday and one on saturday or something...

Are u going to have a mopobattle on Christmas Eve too 19:00 EET?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Maybe because skint0r has more time in holiday? I think you should only be happy there are battles at all! You lose nothing if you cannot participate.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

ab, i can arrange a few battles sometime. just if you're interested.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Abula wrote:Maybe because skint0r has more time in holiday? I think you should only be happy there are battles at all! You lose nothing if you cannot participate.
I dont win anything either...

Ahh enough talk about this I miss three mopobattles and thats it............
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Kuskis from Australia miss nearly all so....
Rules | FAQ
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:ab, i can arrange a few battles sometime. just if you're interested.
Great! I guess skint0r is interested too - at least soon ;].
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

Downloaded mirc and tried to connect:
Unable to resolve server. :(
Please help me I'm a real n00b at this.
Want to participate tomorrow
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Bonobo wrote:Downloaded mirc and tried to connect:
Unable to resolve server. :(
Please help me I'm a real n00b at this.
Want to participate tomorrow
You need to connect to an IRCnet server. Since you're from sweden, try Luleå irc.ludd.luth.se
Rules | FAQ
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

nice schedule with this weeks mopobattles, i miss 3/4 cuz im at work.

geys!
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

dz wrote:nice schedule with this weeks mopobattles, i miss 3/4 cuz im at work.

gays!

You are not at army? :?
(*_*) (*_*) (*_~) (~_~) ...zzzZZZzzZZ...
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

na i left there, it suxxored.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

next time make some date/time suggestions loverboy. if you think levels suck/is ok or whatever, tell here why, what kinda levels you want or other stuff/suggestions too. don't just say "ba26 suxXDE", give some reasons.
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

I think ba26 wasn´t good because of all the bounces in it....Bounces isn´t fair because you can´t control exact when to bounce....To Win a battle with bounces in it is much on luck....it´s sad...
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
m0nkeii
Kuski

Post by m0nkeii »

SveinR wrote:Kuskis from Australia miss nearly all so....
it's ok. we are 7? hours ahead in AEST so i can play the earlier ones
the one at 1600 was perfect, i was on irc anyway and didn't even stay up later than i would
Image Click the m0nkeii! Click it! | A
| tt=47:31,02 | wc4= 100th |
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

when two players get the same time, is it the one that posted the time firsterest who gets the most point0rz?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Exactly, Bonobo.
ToTaL
Kuski

Post by ToTaL »

To solwe the australians problem, maybe someone from australia could arrange some mopobattles, like 1/7, so it fits to australian timing.

And about people not sending replays, i think there should some kind of punishement for that. Like -10 points or something, if there are no good reason not sending in. ( as bad inet connection ). Cause it very annoying.
TT: 40:54:55 Member of team TAH
"Where you see polygons, I see opportunities." ToTaL (2005)
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Many players aren't interested in total points so they wouldn't mind losing them. Also this rule would decrease the told times on channel. People would tell them only if they have a good one.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I don't see why you should be punished for not sending in, really. It should be your own decision if you wanna participate in the competition or not.
Rules | FAQ
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

uhm yea, if you don't wanna participate, don't come or don't tell your time
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Yeah, maybe...but still, no punishment.
Rules | FAQ
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

me is wanna play teh battle but I dont play elma atm (cause of Headproblems). Otherwise it would be great... I hope for big battles in teh Summer when Ill be bored and sad anyway.. Gay

And someone said no bounces in Battlelevs, why not? Sure they are about luck... but all moves are, falls, pipes, brutals.. whatever. And some are better with bounces and some are better with other moves or things.. all things should be used in Battlelevs.
Elasto Mania - ez better
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

Many players aren't interested in total points so they wouldn't mind losing them.
I would add that the AV. = average points is not too interesting,because some people will only collect those big points and are higher on the list...so the statistics are a bit deceiving in any way. But well...statistics are fun,but the biggest joy and competition is in the battles themselves. That 30mins is nice competition always.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

For people who always send in rec, average is the most important score.

A suggestion: There could be a 'Not sent' list. Every time someone writes a time but does not send the rec, he gets one "point" on the Not sent list. It doesn't have any effect on the stats, but is a good way to see if people try to cheat their way to better average scores.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

not send in -list, that's exactly what we need. great idea!
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

Anyway I like the mopobattles,alhtough I am usually in the back of the list,it is good to get some points.
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

It's damn boring.. can't use my internet at home.. =( :cry: