Why/how can('t) I become a professional

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Segosa
Kuski

Why/how can('t) I become a professional

Post by Segosa »

I've had this game for a while, and I play it everyday, I have all internal levels complete except level 54... I'm having a lot of trouble with that one...Does anyone have any tips to be able to learn how to do levels like the guys who do the internal replays at moposite.com, Do they post here at this forum? I'd love to hear some tips from them, i've tried immitating the replays but certain "tricks" I cant figure out how to do, for example going up a hill and suddenly bouncing off it?
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

practise :wink:

(and then visit gamers.dk download the replays and get better)
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

i'm total n00b and i'm playing elma only a week and a half but i read about it a lot in this site before... and I have all the levels, but 5 aren't completed (lab pro, apple harvest, expert system, bowling and upside down) well upside down is peace of a cake, i just need time.
anyway, as said before, practicing. try the block (down arrow), it's causing the bounces, and download the alovolt patch and hope for good (it's not working to me).
as a n00b I can only say to you : do NOT try the pipe-drive in Headbanger, the jump over the pole in Steppes, the shortcut in Freefall and all those super-hard tricks. it's just too difficult for begginers...

edit
he he 10 minutes after writing the post, upside down is finished.
now, the REALLY hard levels....

edit
20 minutes after, Expert System is finished. NOW to the hard levels :)
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
partybear
Kuski

Post by partybear »

heh its just a matter of rec watching and hoyling
and of course some skills and luck

these hard tricks are not that hard either as they seem
once u know how they work its just practise
ask pros about hard things like i did (karlis :))
e.g i did steppes when i had 53:xx tt and
freefall with 56:xx

you cant define noobs != hard tricks
sure pros can do styles more easy tho

greez pb
[ Elma n00b :] ][ TT: 49:57,34 ][ Team: Quack ]
Image just obey...
SveinR
Moporator

Re: Why/how can('t) I become a professional

Post by SveinR »

Segosa wrote:.Does anyone have any tips to be able to learn how to do levels like the guys who do the internal replays at moposite.com?
Play, play, play and play. Those guys you see in the replays weren't born that good.
Do they post here at this forum?
Yes
as a n00b I can only say to you : do NOT try the pipe-drive in Headbanger, the jump over the pole in Steppes, the shortcut in Freefall and all those super-hard tricks. it's just too difficult for begginers...
Those tricks aren't necessarily that hard, so-called n00bs can do them if they practice.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
WkE
Kuski

Re: Why/how can('t) I become a professional

Post by WkE »

SveinR wrote:
as a n00b I can only say to you : do NOT try the pipe-drive in Headbanger, the jump over the pole in Steppes, the shortcut in Freefall and all those super-hard tricks. it's just too difficult for beginners...
Those tricks aren't necessarily that hard, so-called n00bs can do them if they practice.
I know. anybody who sayin that n00bs could do those tricks etc etc - read my post again. "it's just too difficult for beginners" not means "beginners cannot do those trick never ever". I mean that what beginners should do is not the hardest things, they (we actually) should start from simple, and only THEN start with more difficult things.
practicing should be from the simple to the hard, don't you think ?

but if you want to do those tricks really really, don't let anybody stop you :)
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

anyway, as said before, practicing. try the block (down arrow), it's causing the bounces, and download the alovolt patch and hope for good (it's not working to me).
I already have a patch for elma which has the AloVolt thing, but i dont understand it, it asks for the rotate left key, then the rotate right key, then the SuperVolt key, well i've tried everything and i dont know.. its not working properly..
do NOT try the pipe-drive in Headbanger,
Dont worry, i didnt even think it was possible until i saw a replay of it :|

Thanks for your help, Im gonna go to moposite.com and read the elasto mania dictionary coz u guys said some words i dont know :p
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

for alovolt thing

when it asks you to press left volt press the |<--| button on your keyboard

and when it asks for the right volt press the |-->| button on your keyboard

then for the supervolt u get to choose any button on the keyboard u want

that should help

and

for bounces just press brake when your suspension looks compressed

,usually performed on ____/ kinda spots in levels

and for watching replays pay attension to every little detail like if the pros let go of gas for a second, or let go of gas when pressing left volt. these small details make the difference.
TT= 38 somethin
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

Juish wrote:and for watching replays pay attension to every little detail like if the pros let go of gas for a second, or let go of gas when pressing left volt. these small details make the difference.
no pro let go if gas for second :wink:

but yes, watching and listening to replays is important, you cant always see what the guy is doing in the replay. it might be hard to find the details in the recs but you will learn that too.

check moposite recs and then copy those like hell, easiest way on the top....
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Juish wrote:for alovolt thing

when it asks you to press left volt press the |<--| button on your keyboard

and when it asks for the right volt press the |-->| button on your keyboard

then for the supervolt u get to choose any button on the keyboard u want
This works only if you play Elma with arrow keys. Thus you have to define the rotate buttons which you use in the game. Most people use arrows, yes.

One of the old Alovolt patches works only in XP / W2K. 1.11h(b) works on every system.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

Can you gimme an example of when i would need the AltVolt??
KickZ
Kuski

Post by KickZ »

AloVolt, not AltVolt

On most of the Internals, u should use it. Also very good to have in externals and in comps, battles and all that stuff.
Member of team TAH| TT: 45:15,77
http://www.freewebs.com/kickz_elma
Play teh pipes!
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

for example steppes 12 secs style is quite impossible without alovolt
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

But you don't really need to worry about alovolt yet...
Rules | FAQ
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

ooooh... ok :D does anyone have any tricks i can practise, or perhaps WHERE i can practise certain ones, for example bouncing off walls, is there a certain place in a certain level where its best to practise?
MopoGirl
Kuski

Post by MopoGirl »

Segosa wrote:Why/how can('t) I become a professional
you have 2 options:
1. practice
2. drink this magic potion herre :twisted:
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Segosa wrote:ooooh... ok :D does anyone have any tricks i can practise, or perhaps WHERE i can practise certain ones, for example bouncing off walls, is there a certain place in a certain level where its best to practise?
Tunnel Terror is pretty easy to bounce on.
Rules | FAQ
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Also, the vertex with the apple on it on Hill Legend. I always bounce there when I actually want to just turn around.
Doddddy
Kuski

Post by Doddddy »

confidence my friend...

...yeah right
Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Spiral is the best bouncelevel...
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

if you want just to feel the bounce without any effort, play Quick Round. ride normally towards the little hill and than press the space while you're in the air, and than on the down arrow and after that quickly on the right arrow. it's really a tiny bounce, but it's nice... try to fly back to the starting polygon with the bounce, it's even nicer when you have a "mission" :D
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

now that's some bounce you got there... :wink:
Serj
Kuski

Post by Serj »

Hmmm, bounce.....

Check this one. 8) This was not intended though.

But indeed you'll just need to practice. And for finishing apple harvest. Just try it to do in 3 or 4 runs instead of 1.
Image TT: 46:28,27 | OLP: 31:59,52 | Höylä: 11:57,74 | Lost: 58:17,71
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

I saved a replay that best shows you how good/bad i am at elasto mania

http://xwid.com/Segosa/segosa01.zip
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

Segosa wrote:I saved a replay that best shows you how good/bad i am at elasto mania

http://xwid.com/Segosa/segosa01.zip
watch the wr record, learn it, and you have easy 37:xx.
that's what I did, anyway. (my pr is 37:12...).
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

I don`t know what is wrong,but I can`t watch the replay(maybe because of the 1.2beta)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

unzip the file first :P
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

dz wrote:unzip the file first :P
LOL!

hey dz i saw some of ur replays of internals at moposite.com.. damn you're good at this game 8O
MopoGirl
Kuski

Post by MopoGirl »

Segosa wrote:hey dz i saw some of ur replays of internals at moposite.com.. damn you're good at this game 8O
oh NO SHIT SHERLOCK
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

aww thxx :)

maybe i could write some shiat also,
main thing to get good player is simply to play alot,
you need to play alot to learn the bikes physics and movements.
it takes quite a time to fully understand how the bike reacts to everything
you do. afterwars you just think, "oh, this is so simple", but i know it isn't at beginning.

i still remember when i downloaded first pro headbanger replay, and i was thinking how mad the player must be, when he takes more speed by pressing gas when the wheel touches the roof. it looked crazy, as well as awesome, i personally haven't even realized you can gain more speed by doing that.
i started to progress by trying to do internal level tricks one by one, it was very frustrating because they were so hard to do, but slowly i progressed and i still can remember the huge day, when i successed in lab pro bounce for the first time of my life. it felt so good, "i've done lab pro bounce!!"

then quite a time later, i remember i learned new things about bike movement little by little. once i realized that when you are at air, and brake, the bike starts to turn faster. on the other day, i finally realized why does people change direction sometimes when they are near walls, or even when they are just flying in clear air. turning head helps to prevent it hitting on wall, because the back side of your head is more far away from wall than your front, so if you change direction, the back of you head might even touch the wall and you don't die.

at beginning i got so frustrated on difficult internals, i actually didn't play them at all for quite a long time. instead, i played external contests around internet sites and tried to success there, which was extremely difficult also. best memories i have with moposite's top10 level packs contest and team pops 2 contest they have (or had..). playing those teached alot. it also helped, and motivated that my little brother also was very excited about the game also, and we competed all the time, besides multiplaying of course. :)

i don't mean you have to play hundreads of hours to be good, you may need alot to be expert, but there are many good players that havent played alot at all.
i hope this helped you at least somehow..
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

MopoGirl wrote:
Segosa wrote:hey dz i saw some of ur replays of internals at moposite.com.. damn you're good at this game 8O
oh NO SHIT SHERLOCK
:|

btw thanks dz, that helped, :)
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

I'm trying to finish Apple Harvest too now, and I have a easy & good track to the first ride... now, there four islands with apples to your left. take those apples. now, turn right in the last one to the polygon which brings you down (another apple). you'll land on the polygon right under it, with an apple. now turn left again to the polygon to your left (south-left...). jump to it and take the apple. than turn again to your right and take the apple and continue to the right with a SALTA down (for speed), take the apple and in the huge polygon drive fast and reach the farest polygon, and than go left back to the huge polygon and take the apple. now you can go to the 2nd round with 11 easy apples....
why THIS way ?
when you begin the next rounds, it's very hard to reach the left side. when you're taking all the left-apples, the job is much easier.
Replay : http://briefcase.walla.co.il/data/n/e/o ... tround.rec

btw, my links are always that long... can somebody PLEASE send me in PM explanation how to make a linking-word ? thx
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

w00000t! I beat apple harvest!! Yes!! in 6 minutes LOL btw WorstKuskiEver I never actually got 2 of the apples you got in ur replay, it wasnt needed, i just went around....
MopoGirl
Kuski

Post by MopoGirl »

Code: Select all

[url=http://briefcase.walla.co.il/data/n/e/o/p/e/t/s/_/b/e/1/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/r/200304151820101507/200304230139076109/1stround.rec]THE REPLAY[/url]
will look like this:
THE REPLAY
if you still don't understand:

Code: Select all

[url=http://url]URL text[/url]