Mopolauta

Elasto Mania board
It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 00:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: acrossing dreams
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2016, 11:12 
Kuski

I had a dream that anpdad came to my house but I didn't want to see him because he's evil in chat so I stayed in bed. No kidding.

PostPosted: 5 Feb 2017, 13:36 
39mins club

I was at some elma meeting, possibly FEM17 or similar.

I sit down next to Kazan to watch him play some external, jblaze is sitting to Kazan's left and me to his right. jblaze is watching the screen closely and asking casual questions about the gameplay, the tricks and so on. I watch the screen too of course but something else captures my interest. Kazan is not a boy, he is a pale beautiful blonde girl with big blue eyes who is cruising so casually and reacting so cutely to some obstacles, moving her head closer to the screen during the harder tricks. I watch her long hair, her arms, her hands, so skillfully mastering the game that I'll never be able to play at her skilll level.

After a while, Kazan looks to me and says (with russian accent):

"Everyone's been so nice too me. I didn't tell anyone before the meeting that I'ma girl but no one has made a big deal about it. That's what I like about the elma community".

Then I woke up.. :blushes:

(Maybe this is what happens after spying Kazan in internals and some externals lately)

PostPosted: 5 Feb 2017, 15:13 
35mins club

And then you woke up with a wet spot on your underwear. :D

PostPosted: 6 Feb 2017, 15:17 
Kuski

few months ago during some ecl event i had a dream about jblaze, we were at fm's house in finland and had some pre-party but for some reason fm didn't wanna go out so jblaze gave me a ride on his norm bike (no moto) and i was impressed how strong he was, he even took off his shirt during ride (even though it was in the middle of the winter). duno what dream's trying to say to me

PostPosted: 6 Feb 2017, 15:41 
Kuski

Accurate image of jblaze

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2017, 18:12 
Kuski

Dreamed about Kazeta last night. Inane uninteresting dream, but I just thought it was funny that sach man entered dream. I can't recall thinking about him in years. Maybe it came because someone mentioned xmoto yesterday.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 15:44 
Kuski

This dream is some kind of middleground between nightmare and normal, all my dreams are usually like that. The Elma connection is minscule, but I thought someone might want a peak into my nocturnal mind. The narrative suddenly goes from past to present at one point, which is annoying, but I orka fix. Read at your own risk.

25. February 2017

"'Our Tragedy' and some vibrating lego"

I was checking out Mopolauta. It was the same usual chitchat and arguments as always, but I came upon one thread that was very peculiar. It was called "Our Tragedy," started by Kuchitsu. There were a lot of empty posts by Pawq that someone had cleansed, evidently not agreeing with what he had to say. I scrolled to the top and read the original post. It talked about a very tragic event that had just happened somewhere, and Kuchitsu was angry that people were sympathetic, because it was "our tragedy, not yours." What Pawq had been trying to tell him I will never know, so I turned on the news in stead.

The woman on the TV was talking about someone who had been pushed into oncoming traffic on the highway. The latest news was that the police had been able to deduce that it had been done with the use of some kind of bulldozer and a very powerful magnet. The bulldozer had picked up a car and flung it into oncoming traffic, creating a huge pile-up of cars. They did not now the whereabouts of the bulldozer, however, and the search was on. Elsa and I joined the search, looking around the city for clues. As it was turning dark I realised that we were in fact in Oslo. Policemen with flashlights were walking around everywhere trying to find the bulldozer, but no luck so far. We went onto the dock beside the Opera House, where we observed something very unusual. A tiny fishing boat coming in was leaning a lot to one side, at one point it even capsized, but luckily it flipped back round again and everyone on board were okay. Then a woman in a tiny rowboat was coming by us, and she had immense problems, almost capsizing too exactly in the same spot as the fishing boat, but she made it too without falling in the water. That's when it came to me. The bulldozer was submerged right next to the dock. Its strong magnets were still attached and they were making the boats capsize. I shouted at the several policemen that were around me "IT'S RIGHT HERE!" I pointed into the water. "THE BULLDOZER YOU'RE LOOKING FOR IS RIGHT HERE!" Right away a whole host of searchlights swung round pointing at the spot I was pointing, and about five meters down we could see the yellow roof of a submerged bulldozer.

Dawn broke. The police managed to extract a strange metal package, and one of the officers went to work on it. I joined him just as the dock was morphing into a nice country house. The package was a big metal box, and inside was quite a bit of blood and some severed limbs. The officer seemed completely unfazed by this and simply put them aside. Underneath were a load of dirty laundry, towels mostly. He put that aside too, and went to take out the top layer of the box as if he was eating a box of chocolates. I interrupted him, "what if it's rigged to explode?" The officer looks at me with raised eyebrows, then quickly rips out the layer right in my face to scare me, followed by a long hearty laugh. He's clearly insane. We didn't explode, though.

It's clear that some assembly is required for the pieces we find in the bottom layer, so we start putting it all together. After a little while it becomes apparent that it's a washer and drier. Not knowing what else to do the officer puts in the dirty laundry and turns it on. While it's chugging away happily I go to work on a tiny drying rack that also came in the box. It's very unwieldy, and as I'm setting it up it turns into a lego drying rack, which is extra frustrating because it keeps falling apart.

Eventually the washer and drier starts beeping to tell us it's done, and I go to extract the laundry. The first thing I notice is that there's some discolouring on one of the white towels, it's turned pink in some spots. Taking out the rest I finally find the culprit; there's a red towel in there with all the white. I can't stop laughing at how the policeman doesn't know that he shouldn't put red things in with the white. He joins in too and we both have a long good laugh.

At this point two green lego blocks in my pocket start vibrating, and I immediately know I should go over to Elsa who is in the hallway. She has that cute grin on her face, and she's holding up her phone which has two other lego blocks glued to it. "I forgot to remove mine" she says. It turns out she had somehow gotten hold of empathetic lego blocks; when one vibrates they all vibrate. Someone had just called her, vibrating her phone and consequently the lego blocks in my pocket. "My blocks went 'bzzzt' in my pocket," I told her, holding them up. "BZZZT!" she replied ecstatically, shaking her whole body as if she was one of the lego blocks. I did the same and we started laughing.

I woke up.

Last edited by Ruben on 25 Feb 2017, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 21:57 
Kuski

Fakedream ruben

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 22:07 
Kuski

I cry for your plants sake Ruben :'(

E: Interhybrizer something i mean

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 23:11 
Kuski

iltsu wrote:
Fakedream ruben

I wish. I don't have the creativity to come up with shit like that.

Oh and I should probably clairify that Elsa is my girlfriend. In case someone was imagining Disney Elsa.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017, 02:26 
Kuski

How the fuk can you remember your dreams so correctly?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017, 03:23 
Kuski

iltsu wrote:

The first thing I did when I woke up was to immediately write down keywords for every part of the dream I could remember, then I spent about an hour writing it out. It's the only way to do it because memories of dreams deteriorate in a matter of minutes.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017, 19:17 
Kuski

Ruben wrote:
iltsu wrote:

The first thing I did when I woke up was to immediately write down keywords for every part of the dream I could remember, then I spent about an hour writing it out.

This. Except that sometimes, with practice enough information can be retrieved from each part that it takes a whole day to write -- literally.

edit: depending on the number of details one wants to put down to paper. I'm sure Ruben could have added info about the visuals and could write a lot more -- even now -- about the dream, but he sticks with the important stuff and it makes for (a focus on the) interesting action.

ive just made head through poly, thought id share:
download/file.php?id=323 download/file.php?id=324

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 01:11 
Kuski

ley wrote:
Ruben wrote:
iltsu wrote:

The first thing I did when I woke up was to immediately write down keywords for every part of the dream I could remember, then I spent about an hour writing it out.

This. Except that sometimes, with practice enough information can be retrieved from each part that it takes a whole day to write -- literally.

edit: depending on the number of details one wants to put down to paper. I'm sure Ruben could have added info about the visuals and could write a lot more -- even now -- about the dream, but he sticks with the important stuff and it makes for (a focus on the) interesting action.

Yeah I mean, I remembered it really vividly at the time with lighting and sounds and everything. Lots of the details in the house like it has wooden walls (birch probably) and lots of little shelves full of stuff. I couldn't write down all these details because it would just take too long, and I would forget details from other parts of the dream.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 02:31 
Kuski

Ruben wrote:
Yeah I mean, I remembered it really vividly at the time with lighting and sounds and everything. Lots of the details in the house like it has wooden walls (birch probably) and lots of little shelves full of stuff.

Interesting. I like talking with people like you, since your kind tend to be more able than others to understand why people (like us) who remember dream details or are interested in them, tend to lose interest in cinematic stuff or in culture. I cannot generalize, but personally, when I began writing down dreams -- fifteen years ago -- this is what happened.

Ruben wrote:
I couldn't write down all these details because it would just take too long, and I would forget details from other parts of the dream.

Not necessarily. If you write down lots of keywords, then on another sheet even more keywords -- linked with the ones of the previous page -- it is possible not to forget a thing. The trick is -- as I believe you mentioned -- to write it down the moment you wake up. Then, if you can manage to cut out external stimuli for a number of hours and concentrate on the writing, it just unfolds back before you and lets you relive it fully.

The last dream I wrote (a few months ago), it amazed me that for the first time, I tried to describe the emotional part of the dream -- for example, the interactions between me and others -- and what I felt, and it more-than-doubled the length of the writing. I am still experimenting with the number of details to put down and what to drop and what to keep, as -- as you've said -- sometimes too much is like too few.

I vividly remember a dream I made more than ten years ago -- the first one it took me three hours to write down. In the dream, I knew I was dreaming (the trick there is not to become too excited, or you might wake up -- sometimes a false awakening), and I began to keep a list of keywords for each scene on a piece of paper, while in the dream. As the dream unfolded, so the number of keywords increased, until I woke up and could transcribe each keyword on a piece of paper I kept at the side of my bed, without opening my eyes so as not to lose contact with the somewhat-still-active stream.

This is like I was able to keep a dream object and bring it back into the waking life -- an experience I shall never forget.

ive just made head through poly, thought id share:
download/file.php?id=323 download/file.php?id=324

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2017, 08:36 
Kuski

Dreamt I met Boomer and we went pub then I lost him at some point can't really remember if he came up later in dream or nah.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 16:17 
35mins club

I had a dream that me and veezay were massaging bene in a sauna with 1 finger each

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 16:54 
Kuski

Zweq wrote:
I had a dream that me and veezay were massaging bene in a sauna with 1 finger each

weird dream :D

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2017, 09:25 
39mins club

Visited Ded in his apartment, sitting next to him in front of his old CRT monitor. I helped him install EOL through some install wizard, asking him where EOL should be installed etc. Next, I ask Ded to choose the keys for alovolt (the one just below Esc 8O ) and replays (Ded picked random letters super quick on the keyboard :lol: ). Turn is spacebar and gas, brake and norm volts are arrow keys.

I start EOL and enter some random internal, the zoom is so far away I can almost see the whole level and centered cam is not activated. I ask Ded if we should change settings but he says this is how he normally plays EOL. Next, Ded plays and we swap places every time we finish or die in a level.

I remember Ded asking me about my life etc and giving some old-wise-man-advice while I got stuck in the bottom part of a pit, trying to get back up. Suddenly, Xiphias enters the room from nowhere, laughing at my attempt and wants to show us how to finish the level in under a minute (dunno what lev it was). What happens next is a mix of elma and setting up koopa shells in specific ways as the any % glitched runs in Super Mario World 8O Xiphias seems to have done this a lot and everything seems to go as planned until suddenly he messes up some tiny detail so he go through flower (but Xiphias assured us it was a 58-59,xx run).

Xiphias enters another internal and I get shocked as I've never seen that level before 8O Xiphias says "what, have you never seen this level Boomer? This is the original Steep Corner before it was changed" and it's an ugly long speedloop/speedcave kind of level which is so far zoomed out but I see an 8-ball logo in the ground, thinking "8-ball couldn't possibly have made an internal" before I see some other name in level, "Jack" or similar and I also see "TEAM JAPS".

--

That's all I remember, I woke up 15-20 mins ago)

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2017, 17:44 
Kuski

wow sick drems

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 00:24 
Kuski

gaa dream

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 10:34 
Kuski

Boomer wrote:
I start EOL and enter some random internal, the zoom is so far away I can almost see the whole level and centered cam is not activated. I ask Ded if we should change settings but he says this is how he normally plays EOL. Next, Ded plays and we swap places every time we finish or die in a level.

So funny i lmfao

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2017, 15:51 
Kuski

Boomer wrote:
(...) the zoom is so far away I can almost see the whole level (...) we swap places every time we finish or die in a level.
This looks like you'd been to FEM this year =D

Best Internal Total Times, Pipe stats & Pipe archive
World kuski map, World Cup stats

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2017, 19:59 
Kuski

Yeah quite funny coincidence that. Harald played with superduper far zoom a little bit. Was so far you could only see the bike if you squinted.

PostPosted: 4 Sep 2017, 22:00 
Hot kuski

I dreamed I was going to fem for a week and would take a week to get there so I had to take 2 weeks of from work. Going home is instant with dream logic.

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 09:37 
39mins club

Not sure if this was at my place or my parents', but my mom and zweq was sharing some weird cork chair (something like this http://2ff8n03drmib1b12373aauek-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cork-chair.jpg) in front of the computer while zweq joined a battle with my account.

I ask "Mom, do you realise you are watching the best player in the world right now?" but she doesn't look that impressed and says "Well, I'll leave you two to it" and exits the room. I notice that someone else is the current leader of the battle as zweq tries different routes. I walk closer to the screen and realise I can sit next to zweq in that weird chair. As I descend my ass next to zweq, he grunts and looks irritated so I decide to sit next to him a normal office chair instead.

Zweq takes the lead and wants me to try the level. He says "by the way, I really like your keyboard" and I think "Huh? What's so special about it?" before I see that it's not a normal keyboard but rather something similar to piano keys with very long keys. The level has several flowers but I pick the same flower as zweq and try to get to it as fast as possible. I make some ok runs but I don't beat SveinR's lead time. Zweq makes some suggestions to my style but it's too late, someone else takes the lead (I think FANTomck) and wins the battle. We download the winning rec and notice that the winner started in a different part of the level :o It turned out that the level is very big with many flowers and all battlers had their own starting location in the battle.

--

I think that was all, next was some non-elma dream.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 15:41 
Kuski

Boomer wrote:
It turned out that the level is very big with many flowers and all battlers had their own starting location in the battle.
Holy shit, this is a great idea for a battle mode in elma2! Players can decide their own starting point so as to collect all apples + flower quickest. Could be max if nicely done in a level!

Best Internal Total Times, Pipe stats & Pipe archive
World kuski map, World Cup stats

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5