"n00bs"

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

sonic_fruit
Kuski

"n00bs"

Post by sonic_fruit »

hi,
i've been reading people's comments since i registered, and it seems that everyone seeems to have a different idea of what a good player is from me.
i've seen all these people with like 0:5x:xx total times saying that their time sucks, and it makes me wonder... how much do you have to play to be considered a good player? i've only had elasto about a year and only found moposite with all its recs and things for about 2 months, but it's getting to the point where i just don't know how people get so good.

by the way, my tt is just under 1:02, and you don't need to tell me how much i suck.
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

the W in my nick means Worst, not invane.
my tt is 01:17, cos i'm playing only a month and kinda hate internals...
i'm FAR AWAY from being a good kuski, but it's not bothering me, now when i don't have skipped internal levs :D ha ha when i finished AH i felt like in the top of the world.... :P but that's other story.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
MaZ
Kuski

Post by MaZ »

My TT is 49.5X.XX and i consider me as a rather good player at my location (compared to my friends and other people i know of). But as soon as I compare myself to the good players with WR's (or an old WR) i suck.

Everyone under 40 is GOOD in my opinion

Edit: My TT isnät 49.5X.XX anymore it's 48.30.XX
Last edited by MaZ on 11 May 2003, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
sonic_fruit
Kuski

Post by sonic_fruit »

MaZ wrote:My TT is 49.5X.XX and i consider me as a rather good player at my location (compared to my friends and other people i know of). But as soon as I compare myself to the good players with WR's (or an old WR) i suck.

Everyone under 40 is GOOD in my opinion
heh, i agree with your attitude
everyone under 50 is very good in my opinion ;)
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

and all undeer 39 are very very very good......

hey, dont forget that totaltime doesnt tell everything, wink wink ;)
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
Dyrox
Kuski

Post by Dyrox »

My tt is 47.46.89 and I am still considering myself as a noob.
Team ELGH | www.teamelgh.info.se | Totaltime: 40:58:45
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

im not a no0b, my total is 5x and im one of the best plaas around and i am the best at talking out of my arse wen it comes to a topic which should have its own section, i am super over new noo0b topics, cant u just use the old ones
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

tt 48:1x i think of myself as a good player when i compare times with ppl i kno irl, they're much worse than me. but when i play battles and such i feel like a real noob because i suck so bad compared to the Good guys.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I don't know, "good"....I'm not sure what that would be. And total time doesn't tell much (of course if you have a very good total time that tells you are good ;) ), and neither does how long you've played. Take John for example, he started playing in July 2002 (?), and he was already a pretty good player around Christmas.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Almost all players in the scene are "good" players, even ppl with TT over 1hour. The bad players is the the ppl that don't play it almost everyday....in some way...

But let's concentrate on the players in the scene ;)
I don't concider myself as a bad player anymore..I know I could easily have had a TT some under 50mins (if I did'nt had played other contests that much). But it's right as some of you guys said, you can't say how good a player is by seeing on his TT.

One thing is sure, if you have had a WR you are NOT a bad player ;)
m0nkeii
Kuski

Post by m0nkeii »

there is no clear definition. if someone wants to be a n00b, they can be
Image Click the m0nkeii! Click it! | A
| tt=47:31,02 | wc4= 100th |
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

I'm not a n00b, but I'm not a good player. I'm a very sucky höylä, which makes it hard to be a good elma player.
Ragnar
Kuski

Post by Ragnar »

I don't consider myself a "n00b" beacause I've been playing for a couple of years. But I was just playing shareware, I got the registered last september, so I don't have good times.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

..but all in all it's not about beeing good...it's about having fun... ;)
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

I agree with kopaka
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

n00b is someone who doesn't know about anything, the basic stuff like moposite, replays, wr list etc...
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Kopaka wrote:..but all in all it's not about beeing good...it's about having fun... ;)
What are you saying......elma is...fun?? NOO noo noo!!
Elma is about playing the same level over and over and over and under until your eyes boycott you and escape to freedom through the back of your head!
If that's not fun, I don't know what is.
sonic_fruit
Kuski

Post by sonic_fruit »

Ky.Jelly wrote:im not a no0b, my total is 5x and im one of the best plaas around and i am the best at talking out of my arse wen it comes to a topic which should have its own section, i am super over new noo0b topics, cant u just use the old ones
hello.
kindly stop being such a prick. if you want to tell people where to post start your own fucking board.

to everyone else: i think dz has a point.... i'm just getting into moposite and replays, etc etc, and so i do consider myself somewhat "noob" because of that.
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

GuyB thinks that everyone with a TT over 45 is a n00b....that´s mean of him.....just look at his links....he writes n00b WR-table on the +45 table.....
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Jonas wrote:GuyB thinks that everyone with a TT over 45 is a n00b....that´s mean of him.....just look at his links....he writes n00b WR-table on the +45 table.....
Duh, that's what it's called isn't it? Or maybe you were slightly joking..
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
GuyB
Donator duck

Post by GuyB »

Jonas wrote:GuyB thinks that everyone with a TT over 45 is a n00b....that´s mean of him.....just look at his links....he writes n00b WR-table on the +45 table.....
Actually i don´t think that you can define a n00b just from looking at his tt.
Some people don´t play internals.. some people don´t play for a tt, and some people just play when they want, just to have fun ( well, most of us do 8) )

Some examples.. Sick Mambo has a great tt for a danish kuski( 44.36.80), but if he höyled for the tt, he should probably improve some of the following
Zig Zag = 02:06:87
Bowling = 01:25:46

A guy like Toaster has been around the danish scene for a looong time, and has been constructing levels for a few years..Still, his tt is around 1 hour

A n00b, as I enterprite the word.. is someone who is new at something.. You are a n00b when you just start out.. when you find moposite for the first time, come to across and realize the entire scene built up around the game..

To be a n00b isn´t something that I look down upon or think less of.. Its just a name given to a certain group of people.. like höyla, style-inventor, oldschool ect ....

GuyB[rdk]
Danish elma and across-site. Home of the OLDSCHOOL contest AND Hibernatus´ old ACROSSLEVELS
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

Im n00b then :lol:

Don't play internals sooo boring.