Abula in Göteborg

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Abula in Göteborg

Post by Abula »

Hii

I'll travel to Sweden this Friday (back in Tuesday or something) and my sleeping place will be in Göteborg which is quite near to Falkenberg it seems. Maybe I could meet BarTek, ramone, MIF..? I know the LAN is in the same weekend, maybe I could join it too..? I don't know the accurate times yet but I'm 98% sure that I could visit the lan at least on Sunday. There is one problem though, no idea how to get from Göreborg to Falkenberg... Who else lives near to Göteborg and is willing to meet?

PS. I don't speak Swedish :].
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

why the hell do u go to göteborg? :p hmm, i tried to speak swedish in turkey with swedes but it was bit lame cuz it didnt work too well..i wouldnt speak it either.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Just for fun.

Trying to do not-so-normal things before the end of my life (army).
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Fuida
Kuski

Post by Fuida »

I live in göteborg, maby ill see u in nordstan :D
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Yea, get beers ;].

So I call when I know the time we arrive to Gothenburg. Maybe my mom can get me to Falkenberg by car. Or train or ramone takes me. I'll be in Gothenburg in afternoon of Saturday. Some Elma, some talk, some LAN feelings, some pub, some beers, ez meat.

I don't know LimpaN or Skedor, neither see them often so not to easy to get the numbers.

Swe-Fin dictionary could be helpful so I'll take it :].

And Fuida, come to LAN place.

By the way, Elbono lives in Göteborg if I recall correct.

Angered is the place where I'm going to sleep.
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Oh abu is after some ez meat, I knew this ...look out swedish kuskis. No one can stop abu when he gets going! 8O
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
Ulf Benjaminsson
Kuski

Post by Ulf Benjaminsson »

This is wonderful news, and it makes me very glad indeed!

Getting you from Gothenburg to Falkenberg is not a problem. I´ve got one guy who´s comming down saturday, at 12:00 or 13:00 something like that. He goes by car, and I can get him to pick you up, and you two can have company. He will bring us some games, some prizes and he will be there for the entire LAN.

Otherwise one can go by train, it cost about 100sek, or something and Falkenberg train station is not far from the LAN (200-300 meters) I will pick you up if you call me.

You will get free entrance (VIP) and I have a gift for you as well! I guess you are not having your computer with you, but this can be solved I think, its not a big problem. I hope to see you in our Elma corner with the rest of the guys. Perhaps you could also hand out the prizes in the Elma contests?

I have sleeping gear for you. You can borrow an inflatable madrass and a sleeping bag/pillow. I can also get you food for free. Does this make it possible for you to stay for the entire weekend? You can then get a ride back to gothenburg with the same guy who can drive you down.

I would very much like to see you down!

Contact me!

Tomorrow I´ll be working from 6:30 to 15:00, but I will probably not be at home much until 19:00 or thereabout. There´s a lot of things to get from different places to the LAN.

Call me, and we´ll talk!

MvH//
Ulf Benjaminsson
Cell phone: 0704-432926
Mail: ulfben@ktg.se
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

All this was very nice to read =].

I'll be in Gothenburg in afternoon. The boat is at 9:00 o'clock in Stockholm and we (have some travelling company) drive to Gothenburg (not so fast since we want to see landscapes). I think I don't need your friend's ride. I'll use train or ramone and BarTek get me (they were interested). Thus at earliest I can join the LAN on Saturday night but then I can be there as long as wanted.

Elma corner, cooool :---]. Yea hehe, maybe I can hand out them if I'm there at the right time. But but, I'm not able to speak Swedish...

I'll see then how to sleep and where. ramone offered a place too but it's 15km from the place I think.

Edit: misunderstood one part, thanks to px for explaining.
Last edited by Abula on 2 Jul 2003, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
Fuida
Kuski

Post by Fuida »

I just have to be there! If i come, i dont think ill bring my comp, cause its too heavy to carry and i dont have a ride lol, but.. maby ill take the train and come by or some =)
Jeppe
39mins club

=/ to bad i cant come

Post by Jeppe »

i could come if someone would drive me there.And i could be a tolk can speak both fin swe so think of that next time we got some fin-swe elma meeting.A good place would be in Haparanda =b LAN place nr.1 by the way 70% of all in haparanda can both swe fin and...so on bla bla we are best and elbono was born here. Bye!
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

Well cant Mika(AC) drive us then jeppe :) i would really like to come!
let's collect some money for fuel or take fuel from others in the middle of the night while going there :)
and we can pick up some dudes on the way also...
but there the hell is fatso mIKA ;)
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Elbono isn't at home the weekend.
TheSmoker
Kuski

Post by TheSmoker »

I'll be there too....not that anyone here knows who I am :p
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

göteborg is where I live.
Nekit for president
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

ok who of you has camera, me wanna see pics ayh
Jeppe
39mins club

=((((

Post by Jeppe »

well! seems like i wont come =( mika is lost somewhere and bahhh...at least i will battle against u guys and chat =) have a nice time in the LAN0r and plz take lotsa cOOL pics =)) BarteK,AbuLa and MIF are those guys that can make ELMA a big game so lets help em and try to get more DuDes to arrange elma meetingz.ELMA 4-ever and OmG! no counter strike anymore! NERDS play cs!!! elma is all about hanspeed and mind so lets get ppl to know there is a game called elma and it kicks WarCraft and all other games a$$. :P ok! i think that this is enough sayed plz stop me cant stop writing about this great game oohh bla bla.....then alovolt is so CooL and use editOr to make levs and and....WR tables and hhuh #across soooo...rules....The EnD
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

A dem speak yu one ting bwoy. elma no game elma dem ya spirit DUHYA!!!!!! HONORS MI KEYS DEM JAMAICAN a reggae mon!
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

Why didn't u tell this earlier???
Then I had been there!!
:(
[TT=1:01.67] || < [AC] >, Go
oizo
Kuski

Post by oizo »

damn, I live in Göteborg, but I didnt saw this thread until 5 mins ago :)
Image| TT: 41:xX:Xx
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Bonobo: I told it on Moposite news like two months ago or something first time.

I didn't have a camera :(. We took a few group pictures with MIF's camera on Sunday but that's all. Too bad that LimpaN, or SkedoR didn't come (or actually they came but too late) or anybody else of Elma players except BarTek, MIF, ramone and Ulf I did see. Where was TheSmoker for instance? Anyway.

Friday, 4th July 2003
Early waking up and driving from Oulu to Turku (650km). Then a boat trip from Turku to Kapellskär at night.

Saturday, 5th July 2003
Me and my friend drank some beers on boat and slept 3-4h. The next morning we started a trip to Falkenberg from Kapellskär (about 80km to north from Stockholm) which is about 600km. On 110km/h motorway one wheel got broken. It was extreme dangerous (trucks passed us by 0.5m at nearest) to switch it to a new one. We got to Falkenberg in afternoon and surprisingly found the LAN place immediately (ez luck ok hi). I called ramone, he came outside, we hugged and I got my luggage inside the hall. I got a free entrance and a computer to use. Also I met MIF just after arriving to the place. BarTek was still on way to coming. ramone showed me the place, the cheap prizes (bread 0.1e, pan pizza 0.5e etc) and told about the event. Finally BarTek came too and we started to play some.

Normal battles, 90 minutes short level total time hoyling and some internal level competitions. BarTek will publish the exact results but at least this 90mins compo BarTek won, ramone second, MIF then and me the last one. Ok, it was a new computer, not a good keyboard nor screen for Elma playing etc etc :]. I was also leading in a while but then they all passed me. Then we played also the legendary 1h total time competition which I won. I think none of those three guys had ever competed this contest before so I got some advatange there. I got my personal record but I don't remember it anymore, hopefully BarTek has the states so we can release those results later too. We played 3 normal battles I think, I won at least one, can't really remember well. Also we played the six first internal levels once finished. ramone made an amazing time, 2:42! I was second, then MIF and BarTek who just tried too good styles for them.

Since I was slept so little last night I got pretty tired at night and fell asleep under the computer desks at 3:00am or something when those other boys kept on playing. Maybe at 4:00am we drove to ramone's cottage to sleep, lovely landscape & surroundings and bed (don't understand it wrong) he had. Damn0r if I had a cam...

In the LAN place there were about 100-150 people to play and only four of them were Elma players. Well there were some others too but not so heavy players as you might call us: Ulf and one kid who even asked me for an autograph. Ulf (the organizer who arranged the Elma stuff) was too busy to play himself. He told me that about ten more Elma players had booked up and payed the prize but they never arrived. The other people played CS, Quake, IceTower, some card games and many more which I didn't pay much attention to (shame me). On the stage we saw on a big screen all kind of games playing and there were people introducing the games. BarTek told about Elma but I wasn't there then, maybe he could tell something about it. It was on Friday.

Sunday, 6th July 2003
After six hours sleep we got back to LAN place as we had promised last night for BarTek. Of course MIF and BarTek broke theirs and came late. MIF 1-2 hours and BarTek like 3-4h (actually he never came there again but we drove to his house). Also LimpaN and SkedoR came to the place 2h later after I left the town. On Sunday we just packed the computers, took them to MIF and ramone's homes, took some group pictures and drove to Gothenburg (about 120km) where my travelling company were living at the moment. In LAN place we the Elma players got apples (lol), cookies, candies, Warhammer cards, some magazines and T-shirts. In addition me got 850g After Eight chocolate and a trophy because of winning the 1h total time competition, coal it was.

I'm pretty sure you are not interested to read what did I do in the rest of the holiday but let's take a tiny summary anyway.

On Sunday-Thursday we visited the Göteborg (Gothenburg, GBG) centrum many times, the amusing park called Lisseberg, Femman Hall, Atlantic ocean. Our sleeping place were in Angered so if Luther, oizo, Elbono (it's near to Volvo city) whoever knows the place just put a word here. The returning trip was pretty tough because we travelled 30 hours without any real breaks. Some of us slept only 3-4 hours during those 50 (30 + 20 which we already had been awake untill we started the returning trip) hours. On boat I bought 16 liters of beer, 1.5l 40% booze and 1l of Black Russian coctail liquer and lots of candies.

I had a very cool trip in Sweden and I really want to thank to all those great people I met, especially ramone :*. Swedish people are different than Finnish I must say. They all seem to be so opened, social and happy compared to us. BarTek was a dictator at home. ramone is a cell nerd. MIF ate strange fet sandwiches. ramone drank (and pissed) water and juice all the time. BarTek is a funny guy (I'm not sure if he does it by knowing it or not) with a big mouth. BarTek has the most awful keyboard I've ever seen (the up arrow is missing and he still uses it!). ramone is a calm car driver. BarTek doesn't fake in IRC, I believe now. Hii! I'm up to meeting again sometimes in the future each of those glad fellows.
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

Sounds like fun :D
-brag
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

omfg...great great post :) sweden has nice landscapes yehh..well every country has maybe except poland...ok ok jk they have too
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

:lol: Apples :lol: omFg! thats so cooL! ^^love that post abula.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

I mean the landscape and the surroundings of the place where ramone lived. You see the ocean when looking at the window of his living room. Between the window and the ocean there are many plants, flowers, bushes and trees. Well... you should see a picture or visit the place yourself.
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

No wonder ramone grew up to be a hippy :wink:
Ulf Benjaminsson
Kuski

Post by Ulf Benjaminsson »

Abula wrote:(..)
Where was TheSmoker for instance? Anyway.
TheSmoker was actually there, but he didn´t play anything. He took a train down on saturday, and was there almost all day. But I had no idea why he didn´t say hello to you guys. He is a bit shy...

Anyway, he was there when Free Lunch Design displayed the IcyTower replays on bigscreen. TheSmoker is one heck of a combojumper, and he have got som really nifty records in IcyTower. When he saw those replays, making 400 floors - he almost broke down and started to cry. You could see him in front of the scene, starting to scratch his head, looking nervously around him. Poor guy. I bet he went home that night and didn´t sleep, busy playing IcyTower. Or Elma.

Anyways - it was very fun to have you all there, and I want to thank BarTek for his hard work. You did some really proffesionall stuff here, very nice to work with people like yourself. Im just so sorry I couldn´t help you do all the stuff you wanted. My commrades on first deck (the boneheads that was supposed to help me) really failed to do their stuff. They really dissapointed me and clearly showed they didn´t care at all for me working my ass of the past five months. If they would have done what they promised to do, I wouldn´t have had to do everything by myself, and more contests would have been held, and you could have done all your stuff. At the end of the day, I was responsible for the LAN, and no matter how bad the crew performed, I am the one whos to blame... So - really sorry. And thank you again.

Abula, I am so sad I couldn´t play with you. Next time we meet, I´ll definetely play. Thanks for your kind words!