Playing at night

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

SveinR
Moporator

Playing at night

Post by SveinR »

It has seemed to me, several times, that when playing late at night (It's 3:40am now) it's like I'm more inclined to make some tricks on levs, get good times etc. The most recent example for me is tonight: I've quite easily done the TW levs I had been struggling a bit with (mind you, I hadn't played them all that much but anyway).
Other incidents as I remember well is when I first made the drop-trick in Jaws. I also think I first made the Headbanger pipe when it was late at night. There are several other incidents as well of course.

So, I can't help but wonder if there's any reason to this? Something different with our (my) mind and other body functions when it's late and I'm tired?

Anyone else have noticed something like this?
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

i usually hoyl at night... (4:56 now, i'm just back from hoyling)
that's fun :lol:
Epsilon | TT : 45:42,82 | Elma Around the World | Smile levpack
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

im afraid of teh dark
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

I do höyl much on the nights, though not as much as earlier cos nowadays ive full time job

anyway, I just suck on night höyling and its mostly because im too tired but i just cant stop playing cos I know that the better time is so close but usually ive to give up before I get that better time

then in the next day it can be few runs and ez wr, what a waste of time that night höyling for me
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

I never hoyl at night,I am not that crazy hoyla :lol:
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Night hoyling isn't waste of time, Karlis. Your fingers learn the movements and you do them automatically without thinking anymore. It's the touch and feeling. Because you are tired you can't do all tricks in one ride but in next morning you are freshed and still have that feeling which you learnt last night. Normal thing during WCup4, at least to me.

People who get the best times at night are probably those who begun to hoyl at noon or something and just learnt the track after a few hours playing and then it is night. They play one level one day maximum so they don't get the advantage of that "waste of time night hoyling" and most likely don't get any superb times.

Understood? Hardly.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

its not totally waste of time I know, but if I would use that night höyling time after i've slept good then I would get the same time with less playing

of course you learn the movements if you play 8 hours at night but why play 8 hours at nighttime when you can get as good results with 6 hours on sunday morning
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
MagnusB
Kuski

Re: Playing at night

Post by MagnusB »

SveinR wrote:I also think I first made the Headbanger pipe when it was late at night. There are several other incidents as well of course.
Disregarding the fact that I've been playing elma and ircing all day lately, I think I also play most and best late, late at night. I also did Hedabanger pipe first (and only) time late at night, maybe Karlis has logs of this (I talked to him and kuiva I think after I did it).
I don't like staying up so late, but I do it anyway.
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

whaat mag,you have made headbanger pipe only once,even I have made it more time.But I guess you don`t play internals much
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I hoyl when I feel like hoyling but ye I agree with SveinR, nighthoyling is good when u want to improve... :)
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

2fast wrote:whaat mag,you have made headbanger pipe only once,even I have made it more time.But I guess you don`t play internals much
I got 53.7x, it was good enough.

I've gotten through the pipe more than one time, but I've only finished once.
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

For me, playing at night is extremely enjoyable and often more succesfull than lets say, playing at the morning/daytime. Eventhough you're a little tired, you're also kind of "sharp", the tiredness is different. Also the enviroment is perfect for playing at night. No sun to disturb you, only darkness. Tiredness doesn't affect that much to your playing like it does when you play right when you wake up. The problem is that in the world we are living in today, humans are forced to sleep at nighttime, so often when you are playing at night, next day you will regret it - especially if you didn't achieve the things you wanted. :roll:
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Abula wrote:Night hoyling isn't waste of time, Karlis. Your fingers learn the movements and you do them automatically without thinking anymore. It's the touch and feeling. Because you are tired you can't do all tricks in one ride but in next morning you are freshed and still have that feeling which you learnt last night.
i have noticed this several times. Sink wr for example. i hoyled soo much at night but got only 32:90-32:94 times. next morning with few tries i got 32:84. maybe i learnt smth at that night :)
Last edited by Zweq on 4 Aug 2003, 16:46, edited 2 times in total.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

i think it is easier to play wen ur doing something else, i only get round to playing elma wen im on the phone and the last time i did this i got 2 new records, i think its caus u stress to much wen constantly watching it
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

Yahoo, i agree wit ppl who like play at night :O big surprise,yeayea, but I havent hoyla ever when sun iz up ...only at 24h tt on july 2001 and 30 minute hoyla on mopobattle when dem fi take place. And very rarely at day if im a home, but its jus dat even if me no have noffin to do, i cant play during dem sun hours

- Playing at night time. Aspects.. At least these apply fo me: - at night hour its almost 100% sure yu nah disturbed by phone,family member, or anyting. Yu can focus on di game an flex out
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

For some reason I'm very physically alert when I really should go to bed (1-2 am). But I'm usually also mentally tired, so my hoyling and other stuff I try to do doesn't turn out that good anyway.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I stayed up until 3am last night beating all of my mates times...It did get quite hard towards the end, but looking through the 'best times' thing was great. "chux, chux, chux, chux........"
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
xp
37mins club

Post by xp »

Freefall höyling tonight :)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

chux wrote:I stayed up until 3am last night beating all of my mates times...It did get quite hard towards the end, but looking through the 'best times' thing was great. "chux, chux, chux, chux........"
stay up till 5am to beat all zweq's times :wink:
[carebox]
Doddddy
Kuski

Post by Doddddy »

oh, i like night. i necr stood all night up to play, but i'll try sometimes. i broke 50 and 45 limits at night (i think)
Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I can hoyl until 3.00AM or even 4.00AM sometimes
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

milagros wrote:
chux wrote:I stayed up until 3am last night beating all of my mates times...It did get quite hard towards the end, but looking through the 'best times' thing was great. "chux, chux, chux, chux........"
stay up till 5am to beat all zweq's times :wink:
Somehow I think I'll need longer than that...:D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

Is it only who does other things at night? :)....
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
goofu
Kuski

Post by goofu »

i also find night höyling useful
i was playing to late at morning like 06:00
with music and game sound
then i got teh uphill brutal style and did it up to like 20 times
that night i also did the Enigma bounce for teh first time 22:xx
:P
Last edited by goofu on 22 Jul 2006, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
TT: 45:43:64
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

i play always/only @ night nowadays (summer vacation), because i spend all of my time with my gf and i think she would not watch me playing liek 5 hours..
Seize the day
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I don't think playing elma at night makes any different. But there's nothing wrong with playing at midnight... as long as you're not tired ^^
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..