Elma Racing

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Doddddy
Kuski

Elma Racing

Post by Doddddy »

I think an Elma Racing game would be so cool. It would be just like classic elma (physics, graphic) just that:
* the levels would be track-type, would have checkpoints and several laps to complete.
* the cool competitions would be online. many players play from different computers (we could have a championship just like true race sports with qualifications, etc.
* the bike could be customable, there would be fuel, pit stop, etc.
* sessions could last hours.
* there would be several tracks in each country (designed by the best editors in those countries)
Oh, it would be so cool. What do you think?
Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

sounds great to me, now we just gotta find someone with those kind of programming skills :D
Proud Member Of RDK
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

This could be fun, but, as petsen said...

The downside though, is that "dying/not able to finish" is such a big part of elma such an event would often come down to no winners.. Or maybe the winner could be the one who drives most laps before dying? But then we could get the result of someone driving really slow to avoid dying but then wins...
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

If someone dies just start again at the same spot as the crash, it will take longer time to accelerate to normal speed again...
Great idea to make this Elma Online-game and that going around in laps-idea...
But isnt it hard to avoid lagging gameplay??
Doddddy
Kuski

Post by Doddddy »

dying means out :twisted: unless you can repair (hehe). well, we'll have to learn to drive safe, but fast (just like in any races). maybe the ideea with beeing placed at the same spot it's good too.
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

if some major software company got into this, they could make an incredible game...and for sure have 10000 people that would buy it :)
-brag
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

perhaps devin, but dont ya guys see why this game elma dont take over too much people....

First, yu count out those ppl who just see the game and how bike hangs upside down,the guy thinks: "unrealistic,what a dork game"

2nd: If the guy testing elma can handle the fact that indeed the bike can go upsidedown lik that and he simply is that much favorable and being acceptive,then he perhaps is other type of new-age guy and thinks: "lol,2d game,and only few megabytes,nah,i play only great,large 3D games->discard

3rd: guy is not sustained, not willing to learn ENOUGH. That i mean that game like this,yu need to learn this engine and the physics,which we all wit less than 55mins total at least have learned. In those 3d games wit 1st or 3rd person,they are usually almost all the same,and yu can easily step from game to game, so getting a new elma fanatic is harder than to get new Mafia 2 or CS2 fanatic.

3½: to learn the physics is not enough for all. Many are too ambitious,and desires to be in elite. In elma some of yu are that hoyla and WRs are so well hoyled that a talent like Pele in soccer could not take a WR so quickly in elma.

4: later
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Damn, i like the idea!

Only thing, i dont liked is u wanted some sucky features as fuel, pitstops, they would mess up the elma!!! i like it simply as it is! but multiplayer elma with about max 8 kuskis on the same lev would be fun! :wink:
39:37,91
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

yeah, sounds like a great idea...hopefulyl someone will do it soon
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

8-ball wrote:Damn, i like the idea!

Only thing, i dont liked is u wanted some sucky features as fuel, pitstops, they would mess up the elma!!! i like it simply as it is! but multiplayer elma with about max 8 kuskis on the same lev would be fun! :wink:
Ye realtime elmaracing with 8 kuskis would be very nice..:)
Flyrre
Kuski

Post by Flyrre »

John wrote:

But this wouldn,t be Elma! Why try to upgrade such a superior game?
My opinion about this is, It sux! Keep Elma the way it is!
[GF] ;)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Ye keep it the way it is but with the possibility to play battles in realtime...
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Ante wrote:Keep Elma the way it is!
This wouldn't be a change in elma as such, rather and add-on, or extra possibility, if you like.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Doddddy
Kuski

Post by Doddddy »

Ante wrote:
John wrote:

But this wouldn,t be Elma! Why try to upgrade such a superior game?
My opinion about this is, It sux! Keep Elma the way it is!
Well, maybe you don’t like racing. Or maybe you just don’t feel it? Ever watched F1, Nascar, C.A.R.T., Indy, or anything? For me it’s great anyway! I always wanted to participate in such race. Elma Racing could bring all that excitement and I could actually have a chance. I would like playing against other real people, pros, etc… Everybody should be able to participate. There would be a qualify session, warm up maybe, and the race of course. The race should last long, people should concentrate to maximum, and their hands should just make the moves free, after hours of training and learning of the track. That’s what racing is all about! I can’t imagine how this could spoil the game. Why not play Across and remain that ignorant? Improvements lead to perfection.
Ragnar
Kuski

racing

Post by Ragnar »

Olliz has made at least two race levels. There are also others out there.