Possible International Elma Meeting

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

well i dont think its a very good idea to do that at elma meeting where most of the guys are kids you know :P
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

Finnish people haven't said too much here, so i'll give some thoughts.

The idea of international elma meet is quite hard, as world is somewhat big...though most of the players are in scandinavia, it would be Scandinavian elma meet mostly.

For finnish people the easies place (outside of finland) would be Stockholm. It easy/quite cheap to go there by boat from Turku or Helsinki or by aeroplane from Tampere (ryanair, 16e per direction at the moment). If it's in some other part of Sweden than around Stockholm or in Denmark, it would require a car. Also if it's in Denmark the bridge cost would be 64e/car for Sjaelland or about two times that if it's in Jylland.

An other thing is how long meeting it would be. I guess a weekend maybe? Another thing is what sort of meeting. That depends quite much about how many computers there will be. In FEM03 there were more computers than people, and in some meetings there have been many times less computers than people... Well, all the people that have car can transport their own computers.

I haven't discussed with other finnish people, but at least i'm interested. I can't supply a car though. I would guess though, that if it's far from Stockholm, no finnish people will come. (well, none might come even if it were in Stockholm =P)
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

There is talk about Oizo and Luther could supply a place to hold this in Göteborg.. im not so good at Geo is that far from Stockholm ?
Proud Member Of RDK
MaZ
Kuski

Post by MaZ »

The best place to have an elma meeting would be somewhere in Göteborg, Gothenburg. Because thats were all the noobs are (like me).....hmmmmm doesn't make sense, but anyway.
petsen wrote:There is talk about Oizo and Luther could supply a place to hold this in Göteborg.. im not so good at Geo is that far from Stockholm ?
like 400-500 km
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

ok.. but i just talked to Luther and he has a great place for us to be... Unless someone can get us a deal in Stockholm it will probably be in Göteborg...

Is it a too long drive for the finns to get to Göteborg ???
Though some hungarians are planning to come and they drive way further.. but will the finns participate if its in Göteborg ??
Proud Member Of RDK
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

If it's in Göteborg I will probably come...!

(ez 50 kms from here)
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

I won't come unless it's very close to stockholm, i'm too lazy for that
[TT=1:01.67] || < [AC] >, Go
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Bonobo wrote:I won't come unless it's very close to stockholm, i'm too lazy for that
I drive all the way through denmark, and some even come all the way from hungary, and u cant even manage to drive from Uppsala to Göteborg... OMG!
Proud Member Of RDK
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

and what about us flying over from nz and australia
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Ky.Jelly wrote:and what about us flying over from nz and australia
well ur not ;)
Proud Member Of RDK
jw
Kuski
Team: raam65

Post by jw »

petsen wrote:
well ur not ;)
LOL

I know this was the worst thing I could do on Mopolauta, but it was so funny, I had to lough load here behind my monitor
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

petsen wrote:
well ur not ;)
ye your right actually, im swimming and cuz is walking, we have a sorta race thing going on, be like one mega battle level.

nah sersious, luthers girlfreind said i could stay with her and i need to give jeppe a good kicking caus he always kicks me. you will see me there to teh max ok
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

well if u turn turn up to the meeting its great :)
Proud Member Of RDK
Mullvad
Kuski

Stena Line

Post by Mullvad »

If the meeting would be in guthenburg then it would be easy for people from denmark and countrys around thanks for the nice Stena Line boat!

You just buy a ticket on the boat then you buy some beer in denmark. Then when you are in guthenburg you just sell the beer (think you can set the price high these days) and woalla you got money that cover the cost of the ticket!

It can't be more ezzzzzz

ps I live 30km from guthenburg so I think it would be HUGE possiblity for me to come!
jw
Kuski

Post by jw »

Do those Swedish people mind the trade mark of the beer? Here in Holland I can buy 24 flasks of 0,30 liter cheap beer for 1,99 euro.
How much you think I can ask for that? :lol:
Mullvad
Kuski

You will earn money!

Post by Mullvad »

Well I think you can sell it for 15euro. But I am not sure. I usally don't drink beer :-)
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

Honestly, Sweden isn't half as expensive as Norway oki :P
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

Sounds interesting. If I'm in, then I'm in all the way. So Sweden,Denmark and any other country is ok. I think the Denmark is the best choice if you can arrange it there for a big crowd, and hungarian kuskis promises to come too :P~ But I'm not really sure if I'm coming,but it is very much possible.

Someone in stockholm arranges a bus ride to göteborg, easiest, then we do teh stena line and enter the windmill country. We can pick up ppl from the way down to denmark.

Having a meeting within the wacken concert would be coal to, all the way in for that IF many ppl joinz :P it's just teh metal festival right, many prolly dont like the music? :O
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

what this whole getting beer from one country and selling it at the other, i dont get that?
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Ky.Jelly wrote:what this whole getting beer from one country and selling it at the other, i dont get that?
Alcohol is OMG expensive up here. Prices in Denmark and Germany is very low. Going to those countries and buying booze has become almost like a national sport. 8)
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

is there any reason that alcohol is expensive there, or is just like that?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

high taxes
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

I don't see what Swedes are complaining about :P

Even though I drink alcohol I still think Swedish prices are low. Norwegians living close to Sweden go there every weekend about, to buy everything from meat to alcohol, and it's OMG cheap compared to Norwegian prices :P
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

personnally i want as many as possible to join this meeting, and i really do want both finns and hungarians to come... but i can see that stockholm is far away from Hungary and that Guthenburg or Denmark is far away for the finns.. but couldnt the finns and hungarians plz share some opinions here.. there is a lack of interest from those countries i think :(
Proud Member Of RDK
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

Tisk seems to be eager for the idea to travel further. Stockholm or Denmark, whats the difference:

PRO STHLM:

++ Stockholm is cheaper to travel to

++ To Stockholm is easier to travel

-----

?? Stockholm is faster to travel to ( goood or bad? -If you have more than couple days holiday, I think it is more interesting to travel to Denmark. The bus trip through Sweden takes only 10 or so hours, You wont even notice it if you do teh drink, or if there is laptop on the bus and there is bus-battles held.)

?? For finnish people, Denmark would be more interesting probably. I think many finns would rather see a new country than the same old Stockholm.

PRO DENMARK(or Göteborg):

++ The trip would be more adventurous. -longer holiday

++ More kuskis involved

++ cheaper beer

ez pub-tour in a city that has more than couple pubs I want :)=

I have travelled through sweden to oslo once and through sweden to Denmark twice, and the distance is not too long, 2 of 3 times when we travelled back to stockholm,the most ppl have been so tired they have slept and the back trip feels like 30minutes.

Kuskis that doesnt live close to Tampere,Turku or Helsinki,and want to participate, share your thoughts and ideas how you could get your ass to stockholm.. Stockholm could be the meeting point for teh trip to Denmark.
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

Denmark sounds cool, it's so much closer to Hun :)
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

i think HAPPARANDA sounds nice, ill be in army ffs :)
damz army, i hope i'm having a week off when the elma meet is!
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

as long as, as many as possible will participate then i almost dont care where its held, SWE seems preferable though
Proud Member Of RDK
Mullvad
Kuski

Cooperate with lan

Post by Mullvad »

One ide is to cooperate with a big lan-party or something which can arrange must of the stuff and then it also would be ez to buy things like Jolt Coke :-)

One ide is to talk with the Dreamhack team but I do not think they are intressted but you can always ask.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

hmmm, Jolt Cola :P
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

If everything will go as i planned i won't come, won't be home in summer... But I think the most active kuskis comes from Finland..
and btw, I don't have a car petsen, not easy to drive to gothenburd then :wink:
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Bonobo wrote:If everything will go as i planned i won't come, won't be home in summer... But I think the most active kuskis comes from Finland..
and btw, I don't have a car petsen, not easy to drive to gothenburd then :wink:
i dont either but gonna drive anyway...details...
Proud Member Of RDK
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

no matter where or when you have it there will always be people that cant come, just set date, and location, if they can make it, good good, if they cant then well tough shit
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

yea i mean, set a date to start with and start collecting names of people who will _surely_ come and that way, when the number of those _surely_ coming people is increasing, it will appeal even more people. its been seen so many times that just talking about thing like this will hardly ever lead to anything
TomCat
39mins club

Post by TomCat »

hungarians of course would prefer denmark. If its in sweden, then its way too far for us, and quite close for the finns. If its denmark, its a bit better for us, and still closer for the finns (if you dont count the seas and other geologichal stuff).
If i would travel by plane i wouldnt care if its stockholm or denmark, but i dont think i could afford that. Well i dont know if i can afford anything, it all depends on my parents and other circumstances.
But of course i would really like to take part in an international elma meeting, it would be the best elma thing in my life 8)
the best time for me would be in summer, any time in july or in august (i think is the best for many ppl), i cant come if its in another time
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Ky.Jelly wrote:no matter where or when you have it there will always be people that cant come, just set date, and location, if they can make it, good good, if they cant then well tough shit
EXACTLY.
Marvin
Kuski

Post by Marvin »

Bonobo wrote:and btw, I don't have a car petsen, not easy to drive to gothenburd then :wink:
Bus from Stockholm to Gbg costs 295 SEK, and takes around 6 hours. (Swebus Express)
I think you can get a train ticket even cheaper than that, if you're out early. The trains are really sweet, in some you can even buy an internet connection :)
X2000/Linx takes only 4 hours I believe.
ToTaL
Kuski

Post by ToTaL »

There should be made a decision soon, stop wandering around the pot. Then ppl could really know if teyh could come.
Btw, i'm pretty shure to come if cubein can drive :D
TT: 40:54:55 Member of team TAH
"Where you see polygons, I see opportunities." ToTaL (2005)
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

ok, lets assume it was denmark.. where petsen rigger and pals lives? some place close to copenhagen,rent a big house,or a place to set up a LAN,...then a date and for how long the house is for rent, then some stockholm guy tries to find out the best way to travel to denmark from stockholm.... The finnish elmers knows the best way to get to stockholm,but we dont know how to get to denmark.... if the bus costs 300SEK, it is damn expensive. We would get it much cheaper if we hire a bus driver or a bus...karlis could be the driver with his C-license. Need only 6 or couple more kuskis to pay the bus for a week or 10 days, and it would be 300SEK for each kuski...then we could use it for wherever we want to drive it..... but but...probably we need much more than 6 ppl in bus to make it affordable :(
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I would go for Gothenburg as well; I think that would also be the best place for Norwegians. From, say, Oslo, it would take 4 hours by car, whereas Denmark we'd have to take a boat. Stockholm would also be further than Gothenburg, I think.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Mullvad
Kuski

Live near!

Post by Mullvad »

I only live 30min by bus from Gothenburg so it would be very ez for me if it were in Gothenburg, maybe talk to a LAN-party organisation to organise the meeting!!!
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

BarTek wrote:Players near Gothenburg: BarTek, Ramone, MIF, MaZ, Pajen(?) Many more i cant remember
Like me :roll: :P
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

TomCat wrote:If its denmark, its a bit better for us, and still closer for the finns (if you dont count the seas and other geologichal stuff).
hm... have i thought about the world up and down, or have i no sense of geographics?
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

Just wanted to give my opinion about this.
Well, I believe that if the meeting will eventually occur, it'll be somehwere in Sweden/Finland/Norway. But then only Scandinavians will come, and you can call it Scandinavian Elma meeting instead. Actually, there is no place on earth which will make this meeting really international, if it is there. Unless, of course, you somehow manage to make it free for kuskis from other sides of the globe to reach this place, which is out of you possibilities, I assume.

For conclusion, International meeting = impossible :wink:
But hey, nice of you to try and organize something!
Epsilon | TT : 45:42,82 | Elma Around the World | Smile levpack
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

well international means multi national, so if danes and swedes come BOOM international meeting.. and its not going to be just scandinavians, some hungarians and maybe some dutch ppl have said they will come too... so...
Proud Member Of RDK
Mullvad
Kuski

Dreamhack

Post by Mullvad »

It would be nice to have a internationall elma meeting section at Dreamhack.

For those who do not know what DreamHack is:
http://www.dreamhack.com
The language can be change to english in the upper right corner.

To bad that dreamhack is in Jönköping in the middle of sweden
jw
Kuski

Post by jw »

petsen how is it going?
allready any concrete plans? maybe it is time to make a dissision about time and place and start with the organisation and inventation of kuski's?
ToTaL
Kuski

Post by ToTaL »

I agree with jw, i want concreet before i can make desition to come or not.
TT: 40:54:55 Member of team TAH
"Where you see polygons, I see opportunities." ToTaL (2005)
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

well i DO live in denmark and the meeting is supposed to be in Sweden.. all i can do right now is for some friendly soul to help me get a deal on a place to be in Sweden...

i have asked a lot around but until now havent had any chance finding something useable

think it was ToTal who suggested some gig he knew about but it was a bit expensive.. didnt really come to any conclusion as far as i remember.. if im wrong ToTal plz correct me..

and ppl plz dont think of if u CAN come.. think of it as "do i want to come" if i hear from only 5 ppl that they want to come.. then there is no point in arranging this..

i cant set a date until i have a place to be.. and know if ppl want to come ...
Proud Member Of RDK
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

i want to come, and tell luther to sort out a place, or just have it at his place, but then again its so small it might get a bit gay