When was the first time you heard about...

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Rasu
Kuski

When was the first time you heard about...

Post by Rasu »

This topic came to my mind, and I thought it might be interesting for some...
Since I have been in the scene for quite a long time, I have seen players appear and become stars :) Of course this topic could be about anyone, not just pros...
Well some examples from me:

Jalli: I think the very first time I heard of him was at the time I was playing Moposite LGR levels, and he had lots of records there. I had a good time trying to break those records. I think it was early 2001.

Luther: Same thing here, I saw his name for the first time on the LGR contest page. He recently got dh WR, so I guess he has evolved to a really good player by now :)

MP: This one I'm not sure of, but I think it was during Mitik Cup I heard of him the first time. I remember beating him by one hundredth in one event (which I won btw :))

DarMoeD: It was while the old lauta was online, you know the green one. He was there asking some n00b questions, and so on. Who could have thought he would become one of the greatest of all time :)

dz: I'm not really sure when the very first encounter was, but he had some records on moposite kinglist as Dr.Leviathan. I also remember the day moposite news announced that "Dr.Leviathan has changed nick to Dezz". Then later on when I saw his name on the WR table for the first time I got pretty surprised, cuz I considered him as n00by as me :)

OK, those were 5 pretty random examples, hope u get the point :)
aka Rawl
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

interesting topixz
Last edited by Luther on 24 Oct 2003, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
Nekit for president
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

my vision of those players:
Jalli appeared in wcup4 after his first victory
Luther was a bit later... in a world record table...
MP wcup4 levs 10-12, he really showed me the alovolt in wcup4 10 =)
Darm in wcup4 second level.. then he became a legend for me also saw him in world record table a bit later..
dz.. hmmm when darm broke 39... then i saw that dz broke 40
[TT=1:01.67] || < [AC] >, Go
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

jalli... some pipe replay
luther...i dont know
MP.....levels, yea
darm.....everyone said hes sooooo gooooood
dz....i dont know...
why am i writimg this?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

First time I heard of alot of the known kuskis was in WCup 4.
I had just first started being on IRC (#elma & not #across).
So when reading throw Wcup I saw alot of names, and got an idea of who was good, and who is not :D
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

first saw them in moposite list
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

you guys are all _/\_
STARS
:!:
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

The only one I really noticed must be ... Jalli

My idol and the greatest pipe driver ever been on earth !
His style is so smooth, incredible !
Continue your great job...
Take a WorldRecord please !!!

Also dz for his replay in KingCup02, the pipe, WOW!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

I first noticed DarMoed on the old Top10 list that was ... ehm somewhere... when he took warmup wr from .16 to 14.15

Dz I first noticed when i used moposite the first time, and i went to see the tt top 100 and dz had just passed pajen in tt.
Proud Member Of RDK
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Jalli:
The first time I saw Jalli's name was in moposite top10packs. I hadn't still sent my times in (was leading the contest) but then I saw Jalli had suddenly got big amount of records. So I didn't yet send in but kept doing some more records :). The point when jalliballi really got into everybody mind had to be wcup. He höyled very much then and got good results. I had to admit I disliked him back then ... because he played so much in my opinion :D.

Luther:
Saw some times in Lost internals I think. When I saw the nick it reminded me about Martin Luther :). Recently has been quite active also höyling some internals and so on

MP:
me eh :) ...first touch with the scene must have been when I sent levels to elastomania.com's levelpacks. Later I played top10packs, sec cup and right after that mitik cup...then I started to höyl some internals. So you might have heard my name at that point dunno :)

Darmoed:
I had seen darmoed before he started serious elma höyling. In Brothters of Speed teamsite I think. When the tt improving started I thougt that omg whatta nolifor höylä hehe ...saw some topics in here at moplauta too. Then it was his friend (?) exhikus who also raved about darm and soon he was at everybody's lips.

dz:
one of the first elma pros I knew (together with Nphobiaz). The only record list I knew was moposites top10packs, because there was a direct link in elastomania.com level site to it. I directly thougt that both dz (dezz back then) and nphobiaz were the two best elma players. Later I saw total list too and saw that dz and pajen was fighting in the lead. That means I will always think dz as the best players no matter what happens :)
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

now that we talk about all these famous ppl, i would like to advertise for the international elma meeting, where we could meet these great guys... plz support and help make it real -> http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=1827

Thank u

sorry for offtopic

petsen of RDK
Proud Member Of RDK
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Jalli - don't really remember I'm afraid.. somewhere on moposite I guess..maybe when he got records in the impsybility mopoco levs

Luther - here on mopolauta I think

MP - don't know...but didn't notice him for real until wcup 4 I guess. Or maybe in #across

DarMoeD - old mopolauta

dz - as Dr. Leviathan in the top 10 levpacs on moposite
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ