The Quitting Topic !

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

is that some practical joke ?

i'm about to faint...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

John wrote:
Zweq wrote:ez quit internals, nothing is updated anymore so
yup ive lost motivation too for the same reason
I think many have..
It's too bad really - no matter how many great homepages there are around, moposite is the core. Moposite really needs to get final and easy - like skintatious - where records are updated continously :/'

edit: I agree with the rest of you, of course - why can't we give admin rights to someone who has to motivation - that doesn't have to be permanent admin rights of course, but till moposite is orbiting like it should do.
We don't like this eclipse s:
Last edited by Crazy on 26 Jun 2007, 16:27, edited 2 times in total.
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
Usque
Kuski

Post by Usque »

Is it impossible then to start using another site like for instance skintatious for this purpose?
Total time: 42:36,55
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

THNAK YUO ABULA AND PEXI!!! FOR KILLING ELASTI MANIA!!!!!11

why should the wno-guys keep on playing internals anyway? they have most wrs, best totals, no competition - not much left to achieve..
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

Why cant they give someone adminrights to moposite who has more time or motivation to make updates?
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

normally i wouldn't agree with pricks like DaFred but he's right
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

lol thank you
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

didnt read past the first reply back then

fakc i hope you WNO guys dont really stop, i dont disagree.. i think its disgraceful/pathetic that this site cant be updated once a week as expected

just when internals were seeing some new life too hihi. anyway, if you guys do quit, grats you did a hell of a job! i think we all kinda knew that eventually moposite would slowly die

very lucky that mopolauta is self sustaining, moposite doesnt deserve this amount of visitors anymore
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

What I said doesn't mean actual quitting. nah it was more like my 2nd wake the fuck up post, based on what I have seen for the last 6-7 months, not just few delayed wr updates, gods sake it's summer and all so its ok. But I haven't seen any progress on paprika, no news have been written about the scene, why no mention of MKUP pwning by jt or MKUP in general. And the list goes on, you know what I mean if you just take a peak at news of -03.

Then the other side, abu and px did this shit for over 5 years and px founded #across 9 years ago. That's kinda respectfully long time, but if life is really taking over you, just talk about it. Recruit more crew perhaps, because there really is stuff going on in the scene. Although somehow I feel like there's nobody that would have the enthusiasm as abu used to.

it's just a fragment of everything I would have in mind, but I'm a terrible writer
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

i'm a naab, dunno nutin etc but cmon, od we have to give a fuck about moposite? i'ts kinda dead since long ago and well it sux cuz it used to be biggest site about the game but still...
i think more ppl than px and Abula can write news on paprika, but would it change anything? if someone reads lauta he ez knoe what's going on, and newly recruited n00bs (like those form Poland) only piss ppl off :roll:
more ppl care bout you and John than about the paprika shit...
still i imagine it has to suck not to be at least informed with what delay will be the wr table updated
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

but still some more mopo-crew is needed! who will arrange WCUP6 in 1 or 2 years
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

wiElOryB wrote:i'm a naab
Yes you are!
- The way moposite was running back in 2000-2001 -
It's not only about the WR-table - read Zweq's post and mine a bit higher up to get the point - We all want moposite to remain!
I'm sure there are plenty of people who could help with this and transform "paprika" into MOPOSITE
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I hadn't read this topic until now. You have points and I'm sorry for the bad things. I think px is doing pretty good job with WR updates. One week is often, maybe it could be changed to 2 weeks? Delays now and then are totally understandable in my opinion. I'm pretty sure no one else could do it any better - at least not radically.

I don't want to quit Paprika, it's still progressing. I have been working for it the last days and actually one part was finished yesteryday. But we have server problems and can't upload new files. I've mailed ISP of course, so it's progressing too. Also vk's server died and we need a new one for Subversion. Actually we got one today, I should be testing it atm.

If you have names who can help us please tell. It's not too easy to get people with PHP & MySQL knowledge for the massive project like this without any salary. Even teaching the basic things would take dozens of hours. And in some monkey things it's also difficult to get help. Actually there are topics in Feedback forum where we're seeking help but where are you now? You might think it's easy to get people work for free but my seven years experience tells different. Thank you vk, skint0r, SveinR and px.

I have given News writing permissions to almost anyone who asked.

Help us in Glossary for example: http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=3713 Also you could write things to Nation pages.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i cant imagine what's that huge on this project.. i simply think that half year for one person is enough to do any project like this (2 hours/day)
[carebox]
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I'll prolly quit in about 2 weeks, cuz then uni starts and i guess no time for hoyl. Even if i have time over i cant play on laptop but im sure i will visit moposite and lauta in future too.
Was about time to quit anyway.
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

John :((((((((

be sure that u will be in msn someday.
Seize the day
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

It will be sad to see you go john, but what can i say, you have really achieved more by now than most of us will in our lifetime, atleast when it comes to elma.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

John wrote:I'll prolly quit in about 2 weeks, cuz then uni starts and i guess no time for hoyl.
Pfft, you never have as much spare time as when at uni.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

SveinR wrote:
John wrote:I'll prolly quit in about 2 weeks, cuz then uni starts and i guess no time for hoyl.
Pfft, you never have as much spare time as when at uni.
I agree. One tend to skip half of the lessons. :)
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Still ill only have a laptop, but who knows maby max tune for some level on that one :)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

John wrote:Still ill only have a laptop, but who knows maby max tune for some level on that one :)
laptop pwn on elma.. :P much better keyboards =)
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

C'mon john... how does higher education help you in your life anyway?

I say: skip uni and go hoyl.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ez play on notebook
the only problem is that you might break some keys easily, i laready managed to
[carebox]
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

elma pros go to school for mental health, not higher education nab :P
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Quinn wrote:I'm moving to New Zeeland on Saturday for 9 months because of study
and wont have time for elma, and if I do have I'll try to use it on something else. I might play some every now and then, but not much.
I'll probably check out news weekly and be at #across if I have time, only
time will tell. What happens after this 9 months....well who knows... :wink:

See U around :)

PS: I know this wont shake anybodys live but said it anyway :P
9 month are over now, where are you?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I'll probably play less elma because of uni too; I'm planning to do two studies at once. Maybe I quit lauta instead of belma, that would sure rock eh?
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Over and out, love you all, thanks for the years!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

niN wrote:Over and out, love you all, thanks for the years!
See you in a few weeks ;)
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

Kopaka wrote:
niN wrote:Over and out, love you all, thanks for the years!
See you in a few weeks ;)
LOL.
http://tinyurl.com/yz6ak9 - Home of ANB, FWPP and BO pack
Old nick: Wezz
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

2nd or 3rd time you quit niN?
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

it's second time lukz. But to tell you all the truth, I dont want elma anymore! I've got this lovely band which I'm trying so hard with. I can really see a bright future for me and my three mates in the band. I'm in love with this great gall. And I dont want to play elma any more. I wont miss that many from this scene, but I'd like to thank some.

I hope you'll all feel as happy as I am right now some day!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

just saying "i don't play elma anymore" doesn't make you quit. and it doesn't make you happy either.
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

niN wrote:it's second time lukz. But to tell you all the truth, I dont want elma anymore! I've got this lovely band which I'm trying so hard with. I can really see a bright future for me and my three mates in the band. I'm in love with this great gall. And I dont want to play elma any more. I wont miss that many from this scene, but I'd like to thank some.

The same thing to me...
Often I have wanted to leave this game that occupies a lot of time but I continue here...
if you want to quit, i hope you can because it is very hard to forget elma 100%.
good luck niN =D
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

why need to forget elma 100%? i think most ppl (like me) can live real life and also play elma...
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

i play elma when i feel like it and ez plenty time for real life as well
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

but btw nin, har najs life :*

ps. be sure that u will continue playing elma or im angrey :(
Seize the day
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I accidentally didn't play elma anymore after I stopped for a couple of days on monday.. poor zweq ;X
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

its ok Im playing vector tower defense, since you stopped providing teh awesome levs, idiath
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

niN wrote:it's second time lukz. But to tell you all the truth, I dont want elma anymore! I've got this lovely band which I'm trying so hard with. I can really see a bright future for me and my three mates in the band. I'm in love with this great gall. And I dont want to play elma any more. I wont miss that many from this scene, but I'd like to thank some.

HAHAHAHA this is like hearing myself speeking for like a year ago. I'm sure you will realise there's good and bad times. You think that all in this community playing elma don't have a life? Oh we do. At the time I quit elma first, I thought I started to "get a life", having a band which i felt was growing, I had a girlfriend, and so on. But there will be the slow times again soon, and I'll bet a million (not litterally :P) on that you will return.

There's no life which is perfect, and where you're schedule is full 100 % of the time when you are a teenager, like you are ;).

See you sometime within 6 months!!
http://tinyurl.com/yz6ak9 - Home of ANB, FWPP and BO pack
Old nick: Wezz
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Zweq wrote:its ok Im playing vector tower defense, since you stopped providing teh awesome levs, idiath
Heah, and now it's gonna take at least another two weeks. :P
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

why need life when have elma
[carebox]
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Now i quit. Reason to much lif0r. I will come back for World Cup or Elma2.
Im quite satisfied with my career as an Across/Elma player.
I have never been much of a talent but i have had some WRs and some other success.
I have done tousends of levels some of them are really good some of them sux.
Hopefully i have done some impression on u.
I will remember many nice guys from the scene, like:
Jeppe, Kestas, 8-ball, Jappe2, Raven, Rasken, zebra, skint0r, axxu, zweq, Markku, Ari, Ali, Bjorn, milagros, jsim, Kopaka, Orcc, DCEM and many more.

Cya guys!
umiz - SAT
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

You obviously forgot me, anyway good luck with lif0r see you at wcup6 :P
nony
Kuski

Post by nony »

umiz wrote:Now i quit. Reason to much lif0r. I will come back for World Cup or Elma2.
Im quite satisfied with my career as an Across/Elma player.
I have never been much of a talent but i have had some WRs and some other success.
I have done tousends of levels some of them are really good some of them sux.
Hopefully i have done some impression on u.
I will remember many nice guys from the scene, like:
Jeppe, Kestas, 8-ball, Jappe2, Raven, Rasken, zebra, skint0r, axxu, zweq, Markku, Ari, Ali, Bjorn, milagros, jsim, Kopaka, Orcc, DCEM and many more.

Cya guys!
umiz - SAT
pls make some thousand 'umiz memorial' levels and queue them for belma
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

deleted elma last week. everytime i'm sitting in front of pc now it's kinda strange not to be able to play it. but hey, being almost 22 and still playing that game frequently is kinda strange as well so: i quit.

have a nice life elasto people!
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

kinghias wrote:deleted elma last week. everytime i'm sitting in front of pc now it's kinda strange not to be able to play it. but hey, being almost 22 and still playing that game frequently is kinda strange as well so: i quit.

see you in a few months
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

ye xiph is right.. history tell us that you leave elma when you lose interest, not when you suddenly decide to do so. Imo there's nothing wrong in playing elma when you're 22 or even 30, as long as it is your "head cleaning" activity after work/uni and not the main theme in your life. If you play it too frequently, well just reduce the frequency.. no need to go cold turkey.

Anyway, eventually it's your decision, so have fun in your life if we don't see you again.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

kinghias wrote:deleted elma last week. everytime i'm sitting in front of pc now it's kinda strange not to be able to play it. but hey, being almost 22 and still playing that game frequently is kinda strange as well so: i quit.

Hey, you made me enter the roflcopter :D !!
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I don´t understand why anyone would quit elma.
Elasto Mania - ez better
zyntifox
39mins club

Post by zyntifox »

ramone wrote:I don´t understand why anyone would quit elma.
well its a quite addictive game, and can really fuck up your studies / school if you play too much :P
HÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆH