The Quitting Topic !

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Re: The Quitting Topic !

Post by bene »

I exited elma a few minutes ago.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
lompe
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by lompe »

bene wrote:I exited elma a few minutes ago.
my too
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
lompe
Kuski

Post by lompe »

Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
please don't quit chris! :<
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Lammas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
I'm am not qutieing 8O
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
lompe
Kuski

Post by lompe »

Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
I'm am not qutieing 8O
oke good that's relieveiing to hear
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

:blushes:
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
I'm am not qutieing 8O
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
I'm am not qutieing 8O
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
I'm am not qutieing 8O
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
I'm am not qutieing 8O
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
I'm am not qutieing 8O
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
I'm am not qutieing 8O
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
I'm am not qutieing 8O
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lammas wrote:
my too
deer god 8O
I'm am not qutieing 8O
hi
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

I quitted elma forever 6 months ago because uni + work + children + no proper keyboard for elmo. Will never ever play it again, over my dead body bereft of live it rests in peace.

Cya when I have money to buy a new keyboard.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I always get a mini heart attack when I see a new post in the quitting topic, but this wasn't as bad :D see ya some time! Gz for kiddos =)
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

i will be back, i just want to sort out my life, i wasn't very active anyway.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I think elma is bad for me

I havent rly played since last year, was onlne sometime in jan and then abit yday and today.

Yday made and started two battles, hardly had interest to spy. And defno motivation to play others levs

Today made a battle, was a little fun, then jtwon amd wanted new silimar lev, went to editor but someone else added battle so I just kept editing

Over 6h later I am still efiting, not done, still low detail lev and hardly testplayed. Felt total shit, old times/days/feelings made a visit like a punch in the nuts

Sat over 6h not eating or whatever, obsession, over what? A shitty battle lev 5 ppl will play and 3 will give up early cause too hard or complaim too much time

Other 2 will play but not like lev and I am stupid. Just the sound of pc stresses me the fuck out!

Turned it off again. Was maybe 2h ago but heart still booming from experience

I will try elma again in the coming weeks, cause cant make decisions when feel shit, Ive been very very well these past months, and right now I dont se any use of a pc for me. Ill try elma again before make a call though

And I will battle or finalize/battle idiot lev I made. But I rly think my elma days are over

Ive been feelng alot better this year, best Ive ever felt and last 4 weeks on sickleave cause of knee surgery, still havent turned pc on, havent mssed it, pc or elma (I did read lauta now and then, and I like watching recs)

I did finally get proper medication.
And that made me feel more "normal" and "ok" (dunno better words to use, being normal was never and is still not a goal)...
hmm, well-functioning could be a better word. But also my mind doesnt wander the same way and I dont think of several things at the same time all the time, brain slowed down abit (or it feels like that anyway) and creative sides are known to take a hit being on this medication.

Maybe elma wont/cant be my outlet anymore, it doesnt feel the same. So, I will evaluate but as of now I think I will just probably quit.

Cant handle and maybe (?) lost interest or just my complete being is functioning differently now so no choice

In theory best game ofv, morebppl should play it, and I love to discuss the game and the scene

But just maybe it is not for me
Anymore

Peace

/FREDRIK
Elasto Mania - ez better
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I can relate to a lot of what you are saying I think. There's been times when I've made levels just for myself in a sense, and that has made me felt very disconnected and probably also not very enjoyable levels. There's also been times when I've made levels just for other players, this has lead to me not enjoying the levelmaking process and also not very inspired levels. There needs to be a middle ground for a healthy experience. The levelmakers are not obligated to make levels, and also the players are not obligated to play levels.

It's great to hear you are doing well. If you feel like elma is destructive for you then I think we all understand. We will miss your levels of course, but it's not your or anyone else's responsibility to make levels. You have given so much to elma community and we are all thankful for that! It's great to see you around in the community even if not being active in the game!

edit: Levelmaking is a very complicated thing for me. I still ask myself what drives me to make levels, and I always come up with many different answers. It has helped me a lot to realize some of these motivations are not healthy, and I've been making an effort to avoid these lately. When the negative motivators have grown to be the main ones, that might have been a reason for me quitting in the past. (awkward sentence :roll:) So even though I can understand, at least to some extent, what you are saying, it's a very personal thing and tons of factors I probably don't know about. I can't even fully express or understand these about myself.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Try to not give a fuck about expectations!

Ramone, the greatest levelmaker there ever was (Saying this without any irony, I honestly think this!), has come back from hiatus.

His first battle post-hiatus gets tons of players, they all want to see what this amazing designer is up to now.

Are you afraid of not living up to expectations?

We all understand it takes some time to get the feel back. Level designing is a skill after all.

No one cares if your first levels are not perfect. You don't have to prove anything to us.

After spending a big amount of time on a level, you just leave yourself extra vulnerable to critique. There are no excuses left, and you put extra pressure on yourself.

The more time you spend on a level, the more the pressure adds up.

This is not the way to get back into levelmaking!

Take it easy and don't put so much pressure on yourself. People will enjoy your levels anyway.

Make the levels you want to make, and if you don't feel like making any, it's not a problem at all!

Let's just have some fun in elma. :beer:
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Sadly from the point of view of the community, in some cases quitting/hiatusing elma may be the best thing for us personally. As I recently posted in another topic, I also noticed that elma was beginning to have a negative effect on my wellbeing (stress, pressure, etc), so I consciously decided to take kind of a break, at least from what actually caused that (heavy internaling in this case).

It may be that that's what you need now Ram, and espexially given your conditions, it's not just understandable, but I am all for it. We'd all miss you, but your life is more important. And who knows, maybe one day you'll find you can get back to the game on easier terms, or maybe by excluding the factors that drove those negative feelings in you, like dani said.

I hope you're still coming to fem though! I'm sure you saw that it was nowhere near a negative experience ;) hopefully see you there, and all the best!
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

It's great to see more people talking about the influence of Elma on their lives. It's a fantastic game but you have to admit there is something evil about it. Recently the negativity in some discussions became a hot topic, which is excellent, but it's important to think about the game itself as well. I believe that just about anyone would benefit from at least occasional pauses from playing. The problem is that due to the way human mind works it can be rather difficult to analyze something you're heavily involved in. So sometimes it is necessary to take a break from your hobby in order to better understand your relationship with it. You need that outside perspective to figure out your true feelings, and you won't get there if you play Elma regularly all the time. Always question your activities and try to make sure you're not just doing them out of habit or because you feel like you're obliged to keep participating in the community or whatever. It's your only life!
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Break not always a bad idea. I've gone over 12 months without touching Elma before and no big deal! Didn't even do it consciously, just because I got busy with other stuff at the time.

Hope you can feel better/more encouraged about levs soon Ram. Always love them and wish I could play more with you guys. It would be great if I could one day meet you at FEM or something. (maybe onion farm? :beer: )
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
farnsworth
Kuski

Post by farnsworth »

You are still the man, Ram:)
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

You might never see me again here, in EOL, or in any place related to this game as well. What I have learned through the recent happenings in my life and my current state of unhealthiness, is that Elastomania and its online patch only earned me virtual achievements, but nothing useful in life. I will always keep everyone in this community deep in my heart.

Farewell, goodbye, osv.

P.S.: Through this reply I'm not saying that this game is bad, but the straight opposite. This game is perfect as it is. I'm the one who couldn't do anything with it.
Last edited by ArZeNiK on 16 Jul 2018, 15:53, edited 2 times in total.
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

You are not banned. You only have a warning which expires in a year just like any other warnings. Please avoid creating drama out of nothing.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

FinMan wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 15:41 You are not banned. You only have a warning which expires in a year just like any other warnings. Please avoid creating drama out of nothing.
My eyes have fooled me again, but whatever. This is a quitting topic. All you have to do here is to affirm that you've quitted, and possibly give a reason why. I will, however, hereby change this reason to avoid unnecesary drama, excluding the motivation of the nonexistent ban. Thank you for notifying.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Expanding my original post, there are a few more things worth noting:

1.Your attempts in dragging me back might not succeed at all. I'm done here, and if I ever return it will be when I want to.
2.I may dissapear from everywhere Elma-related, but my work might not. My levels, videos, state and recs may be available at will for anyone to view.
3. I might be unnecessarily dramatic here, also considering that I haven't been part actively of this scene for more than 9 months and a half, probably. However, what I speak is the truth, in all its entirety.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

It's ok. Everyone needs time away from elma sometimes (short term, long term, forever). Thanks for your time being a part of the community.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Heh. I'm not even sure what is going on. That said I still enjoy this game. I don't control how often I play elma. I guess sometimes there are weeks or months when I barely touch it.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

. bye
Team SPEED

jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

right before on eol
<eol> (Labs): again a buglev
<eol> (Labs): should be banned i think
<eol> (jblaze): its just a trick
<eol> (Labs): no
<eol> (Labs): it behaves randomly
<eol> (Labs): like the lev where raven got 20
<eol> (iltsu): what was random there
<eol> (Labs): the speed
<eol> (Labs): random bug
<eol> (jblaze): you may not know why you had diff speeds but
<eol> (jblaze): it was not random ;]
<eol> (iltsu): yes
<eol> (Labs): oke i leave
<eol> (iltsu): good
<eol> (Labs): have fun with shitlevs

please tell me these are not related because
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I think I stopped playing games (even including chess since January 1st). It seems like for me gaming is mainly just a way to hide from my insecurities and responsibilities, and I will be a better person without it. I can maybe still approve of occasional casual gaming with friends sitting in the same room since it's more about socializing, but after playing alone I usually feel bad, like I have just willingly contributed to the process of my degradation or something. Anyway, I will still come here to post in Trash and Testing.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

jblaze wrote: 7 Jan 2019, 00:53 right before on eol
<eol> (Labs): again a buglev
<eol> (Labs): should be banned i think
<eol> (jblaze): its just a trick
<eol> (Labs): no
<eol> (Labs): it behaves randomly
<eol> (Labs): like the lev where raven got 20
<eol> (iltsu): what was random there
<eol> (Labs): the speed
<eol> (Labs): random bug
<eol> (jblaze): you may not know why you had diff speeds but
<eol> (jblaze): it was not random ;]
<eol> (iltsu): yes
<eol> (Labs): oke i leave
<eol> (iltsu): good
<eol> (Labs): have fun with shitlevs

please tell me these are not related because
Dunno how this image would be related to the situation. I think i told whats the problem. I dont like buglevs, where luck is needed to win. If its fun for others, i dont want to ruin the fun for them by complaining, so i stop playing the game. Thats all.

Edit: I reconsidered my decision, and got into the result, i wont leave elma, but i wont play any TL levs. ez 8)
Team SPEED

jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

Labs wrote: 7 Jan 2019, 13:21 Edit: I reconsidered my decision, and got into the result, i wont leave elma, but i wont play any TL levs. ez 8)
nice to see you back :beer:
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Welcome back, Labs
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

kuchitsu wrote: 7 Jan 2019, 11:12 I think I stopped playing games (even including chess since January 1st). It seems like for me gaming is mainly just a way to hide from my insecurities and responsibilities, and I will be a better person without it. I can maybe still approve of occasional casual gaming with friends sitting in the same room since it's more about socializing, but after playing alone I usually feel bad, like I have just willingly contributed to the process of my degradation or something. Anyway, I will still come here to post in Trash and Testing.
I relate to this a lot.
God Bless America
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

oh boy, here we go with me and this topic again
you might have noticed that i've played less eol recently than usual, and i might even stop playing entirely. why?
well, it's hard to explain. currently i am in a very shitty mental state, which is at the same time very unstable, which makes it hard for me to say anything certain. but yeah it's mostly related to this. i realised that my technology addiction has reached such an amount so that it is starting to ruin my life completely (this was confirmed by my therapist), so i'm trying to cut down on all the addictive stuff, like elma. idk if i'll ever succeed, but if i do that's the main reason.
so farewell for a while, i guess
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

good luck sorting things out! :beer:

and see you around ;)
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Arzenik, good to hear that you do whats best for you!
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

dont like when there are new posts appears in this topic really

gl in non-elma life, arzenic
mb its a good idea to stop elma, but not forever ofc
i hope you will return at least to finally finish suppar levpack i am waiting))
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

AndrY wrote: 7 Nov 2019, 17:13 i hope you will return at least to finally finish suppar levpack i am waiting))
holy shit i almost forgot about that thank you for the reminder
for sure i'll try to work on that as promised
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

If you need to quit, then quit.

Do not let some unfinished levpack be an excuse to relapse.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Yea, I've noticed this is a big problem when you decide to quit some game but still stay in touch with the community. People remind you about old commitments or invite to new projects, and also just seeing them talk about the game tempts you to pick it up again. Pretty dangerous stuff.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

ArZeNiK wrote: 7 Nov 2019, 17:30
AndrY wrote: 7 Nov 2019, 17:13 i hope you will return at least to finally finish suppar levpack i am waiting))
gl arze. remember anout the quiz for PEM tho
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

GL with life. Don't forget you said you'd drive some more Elma 2 records
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

In fact he's just quitting elma to focus full time on elma 2.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Orcc wrote: 8 Nov 2019, 07:35 GL with life. Don't forget you said you'd drive some more Elma 2 records
infact my full rage over d8 bonus helmet plays a huge role in me wanting to quit
and also that i have no idea how to complete the other 2 levs
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

abruzzi wrote: 8 Nov 2019, 02:50
ArZeNiK wrote: 7 Nov 2019, 17:30
gl arze. remember anout the quiz for PEM tho
quiz is finished just dm me here/discord when you need questions+answers