The Quitting Topic !

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Kazan
34mins club

Re: The Quitting Topic !

Post by Kazan »

idiot topic. why cant you just play when have nothing to do

good bye madness anyway)

imo life more happy with elma
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Bjenn wrote:29. Lukazz EA 2:01,97
you didn't even make a fancy signature out of it.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I will miss you Madness, good bye =(
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

some reasoning? :(
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Madik plz don't go :cry:
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Have fun hoyling real life Madness!
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Real life is awesome, but it can co-exist alongside elma life easily. No need to quit. Just make a lil pause here and there and you'll be happy ;)
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

ez quit after what happened tonight.

I will be back once it stops, I stay on irc for now.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

what happanad was that bliatello or wate he is called winned my lev with cheated impsy time 6.91 and rec file was trojan and made elma close and dunno more. computer pro can explaine mabezx
ToMaT
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

berh activized himself cuz bored i think.
Team SPEED

Pingywings
Kuski
Team: singy

Post by Pingywings »

Chris wrote:ez quit after what happened tonight.

I will be back once it stops, I stay on irc for now.
what happened?
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Please stop discussing it in the quitting topic, this has never been talked about before so why not create a new topic?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i just wanna say to berh, i know this sounds weird but i wish you all the best, i really do. just stop fucking around. fucking around wont make you feel better. No need to point out shortcomings of program code in such a drastic manner, im sure mila and kopaka know about those but dont have time to hunt them down all days long
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

I should have not posted it, because now I'm about to launch eol.exe again. :oops: Last evening I was seriously pissed off and I'm still, but next time I decide to "quit" I won't post here.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Zweq wrote:i just wanna say to berh, i know this sounds weird but i wish you all the best, i really do. just stop fucking around. fucking around wont make you feel better. No need to point out shortcomings of program code in such a drastic manner, im sure mila and kopaka know about those but dont have time to hunt them down all days long
I sign this card too.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Lousku wrote:
Zweq wrote:i just wanna say to berh, i know this sounds weird but i wish you all the best, i really do. just stop fucking around. fucking around wont make you feel better. No need to point out shortcomings of program code in such a drastic manner, im sure mila and kopaka know about those but dont have time to hunt them down all days long
I sign this card too.
subscription.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

cya Madness, your recs and attitude were always inspiring. Do come back some day ;)
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Might as well putin it out here but whenever I get a full time job I tend to quit elma. Less free time = some hobbies gotta go, and elma has always been the first as I funny enough believe its the biggest waste of time in a busy life. Somehow work and elma can't be mixed for me (any other game is fine). So when my contract goes out in November, if some motivating force brings me back, bbl call me maybe
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

(
ToMaT
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

sad reason to quit :(
[14:17:07] ( eloKretyn) I`m going to delete eol
[14:17:12] ( eloKretyn) So bb all
[14:17:15] ( Devin) heard that one b4
[14:17:21] ( TL) have a nice day
[14:17:23] ( Mawane) me too
[14:17:26] ( Devin) see u tomorrow
[14:17:27] ( k00) me too
[14:17:29] ( Mawane) cya tomorrow
[14:17:31] ( eloKretyn) nooo ;p
[14:17:38] ( eloKretyn) This game is ded
[14:17:49] ( eloKretyn) Only few can play
[14:17:49] ( b0ne) ded is player of this game*
[14:18:13] ( eloKretyn) I never get skill like you
[14:18:31] ( eloKretyn) Playing more than 2 years byt still..
[14:18:41] ( Lousku) just need to play long
[14:18:43] ( Mawane) i play for 11 years and still sucking xd
[14:18:50] ( Lousku) i hev played much since 09 and still suck
[14:18:52] ( k00) most players have played over 5 years
[14:19:03] ( eloKretyn) I know. You create a closed community
[14:19:03] ( b0ne) i started for third time in 2012 imo
[14:19:26] ( eloKretyn) New player has no chances
[14:19:26] ( Lousku) it's a bit closed because eol is a bit illegal :P
[14:19:43] ( b0ne) eol contains illegal bits
[14:19:53] ( eloKretyn) Just look at this battles...
[14:20:07] ( eloKretyn) Bb all. Have a goog time
[14:20:16] ( Mawane) bb
[14:20:18] ( eloKretyn) good*
[14:20:19] ( Lousku) lel
[14:20:28] ( Lousku) imo signs of good game
[14:20:39] ( Lousku) play for 15 years and still much to learn
[14:20:51] ( Mawane) ye
[14:20:55] ( TL) 12 vakios, nyt si vaa saa jannittaa voitanjakoa.
[14:21:00] ( Lousku) would be bad game if any elokretyn could reach same level as
[14:21:03] ( Lousku) sach veterans in 2 years
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Yeah it is kinda sad. Some new players don't seem to realize that it takes hard work to fare well in battles and other competitions. I wonder what is he talking about a closed community though?
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Perfectly understandable position: why spend 10 years on getting semi-decent at one game when you can use that time to play 1000 more different games instead? Not everyone is willing to put that much effort into one single game. I also find it pretty discouraging that it's basically impsy for me to win in a >5 player battle unless I find a style that noone else noticed or something. Doesn't really inspire me to try harder when I know that it will probably take years before I manage to improve significantly.

In multiplayer games you typically can choose who you want to compete with. Even though a total chess noob will never beat a grandmaster, he can still find a player of similar skill and feel legitemately proud of winning a game against them. Elma Online doesn't work like that: you're always competing with everyone who's online and usually some of them are very skilled. I can totally understand where elo is coming from.

Back in 2006 or so the Russian community had a site league.hoyler.net if I remember the address correctly. It had a bunch of level packs with tables and three leagues for each one. I don't remember how the league was being chosen for each particular player but basically there was a noob league, a middle league and a pro league, and it was a pretty good inspiration for the noobs to hoyl because even though they couldn never beat the pros, they still had a realistic chance to beat the players from their league.
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

kuchitsu wrote:In multiplayer games you typically can choose who you want to compete with.
Most multiplayer games have usually 1 of 2 typical approaches.

One is random matchmaking, such as starcraft etc and most competative games. Where the game keeps track of your wins, losses and other variables and matches you up vs people or teams with similar skill. Winning a lot will let you advance in your ladder/league.

The other is random servers you connect to. This is most typical for casual games and matches in many games. Games such as counterstrike, battlefield or any fps really but other genres too. Its totally random if you are going to be up against good players or not when you connect to a server. Your global kills/deaths/wins can still count towards some universal server ranking or your overall account statistics (which is often the case) This approach is more similar to how elmaonline and random battles works. Its rather casual. Anyone can up a level at any time. Whether you win vs 20 of the best players in the world or 4 of the worst players ever it doesnt matter. A win is a win, and that win will count towards your global statistics. The size of the community however makes it so that there is only the One server to connect to, where "everone" is playing. Still you could be lucky and not many pros are playing at that time.

Elma and chess isnt a fair comparison at all. Chess is absolutely without a doubt a 1vs1 game. Elma is more like "Oh please God I hope there will be many many many people playing my awesome level or else sadness :'(((" If there are only 3 people playing on a cs server when I join. Id usually just disconnect and find a server that is almost full.

Also if I'm not mistaken the reason for elmaonline existing is to have online battles in this fashion, with as many players as possible for battles, sort of like a random server you connect to, cuz the old IRC way of doing things was really getting medieval. Hence the creation of the predecessor of Eol: Belma. Which literally means "Battle Elma"
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Well solution to GGGGGetting Good is to just play lots of different types of levs, even pipes and especially uphills for better bike control even if you consider them boring.
Play lots of balles, try some ints etc.
There's a possibility that you need talent for the game as well but I don't think thats the case since I had no talent in this game when started.
I think playing uphills = getting gooder
As for the closed community statement I think it's true but it's only natural when a smaller group of people spend years together developing a new language etc
Also if you can't seem to fathom how some int10 brutal is made, try to look at the rec many times look at every move, look at it in slowmotion etc
Then a greater understanding of the game will occur in your brainoffice
ToMaT
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

Or just shout and hate like fuck and manage every pro shit u think impsy/cool even if it took 2weeks and a keyboard per level. In battles try only the hardest conceivable shit and keep at it, fuck the victory, make them collect their jaws from the floor. Nothing else suffices.

Unfortunately when i got to the point where i tought i have sufficient understanding and knowledge of the bike i stopped progressing and obsessing and just do the ez way :S
Image "It's good to be having fun, but it'd be funnier to be good"
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

I wouldnt call this a closed community.. I personally feel annoyed to spend so much time in a game with so few players and therefore I'm hoping that for a reason unknown much more people would understand how good this game actually is. If you look at the more played arcade games its easy notice that they are more about one certain thing, for example your reaction time or having good tactics. Elma on the other hand is much more complex, so much that even the very best players can be good at totally different things and are still able to compete without knowing for sure who's gonna win. It isn't like that in many other games.
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I agree with Zero. I think most people feel like this. I think it was yesterday a brand new player entered eol, hadn't even finished internals before. And up to as many as ~7 people came to internal 9 to help him out. That was very nice to see.

Many people don't realize there are other ways to compete than battles. You can play a levelpack that few others have played etc. For example: there are many levelpacks on http://elmaonline.net/statistics that only a few people have played. Might be fun for beginners to hoyl those a bit. At least I liked to do that when I was noob. Well I am still noob ofc and I will do this more)

Also a couple of people need to stop acting like assholes imo.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I mean more like someone new coming to EOL might have a hard time joining us because of our weird language/behaviour
ToMaT
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Imo that's not true at all, Hops. Hops. Every community (game) has its own words and that is hardly a surprise for a newcommer. Also imo most ppl like the elma talk O.o

On the other hand it must be VERY VERY VERY frustrating that after playing this game for 2 (!) years someone is still considered begginer and has close to zero percent chance to win a regular lenght balle againts a guy who's considered a "pro".
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Bludek wrote: On the other hand it must be VERY VERY VERY frustrating that after playing this game for 2 (!) years someone is still considered begginer and has close to zero percent chance to win a regular lenght balle againts a guy who's considered a "pro".
Yeh, but that just depends on the newcomer's natural talent level. Some just simply are naturally skilled in stuff like this, and some need to work hard to get to the level of others (capable of winning battles). Ofc that might be frustrating but that's life for you. Some people just "get" the physics and stuff needed to be fast, and for some it's unfathomable.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Even though I don't really play well and I'm too lazy to even try learning anything I still enjoy playing battles. I just look at people like reefer, pingy or undi and want to beat them.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Sorry about double post, but I want to say that I didn't quit elma and I don't plan to quit any time soon. I'm writing, because juka thought I stopped playing.
lompe
Kuski

Post by lompe »

kvitted
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

O,O
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

i will miss u lammas :(
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Who would have thought that Megabyte can be shortened to Mt instead of Mb?
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

o,o wat
new talent disappears so kvickly
ToMaT
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

he came back today
lompe
Kuski

Post by lompe »

kuchitsu wrote:Who would have thought that Megabyte can be shortened to Mt instead of Mb?
Mega Byte = Mega Tavu in finski
kuchitsu wrote:he came back today
played at school for few min, but yes i did bak for a few mins
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

false quitter! ban!
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Last battle played was on the 16th of August.
I have watched some replays a few times but I haven't played the game since.
Also haven't played any computer games in recent two months.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Lammas wrote:kvitted
Truth: He's playing more than ever
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Haven't quit yet, just these 2 month periods pass from time to time where I don't play at all. Internals I only play while waiting for battles. Hoyling internals more than that gives me anxiety attacks, feels like life wasted tbh. Not addicted anymore but still such a lovely game so I keep coming back <3
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Mrrrr »

Kazan wrote:idiot topic. why cant you just play when have nothing to do

good bye madness anyway)

imo life more happy with elma
Totally agree. But maybe it's more like a drug for some... pretty addictive. Ah well, I'll never quit. :mrgreen: :beer:

Only if my life depends on it, though even then I'm not sure.
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

Haven't played in 6 months or so, but I'll be back someday...
TT: 42
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I just realised I havent opened Elma at all in 2016 :o
iltsu
37mins club

Post by iltsu »

John wrote:I just realised I havent opened Elma at all in 2016 :o
Dont quit please!!! :cry:
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

last time i played was in april 2014
[carebox]
iltsu
37mins club

Post by iltsu »

milagros wrote:last time i played was in april 2014
Dont quit please!! :cry:
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

I'm afraid those who haven't played for some time are real quitters :<

I haven't played today :(