The Quitting Topic !

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

Re: The Quitting Topic !

Post by Zweq »

oh well, more chicken for us
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Xarthok wrote:nigga plz

one does not simply quit the best game in existence
+1

which quitting of yours is this Pab? :D see you in a few)
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Well, it was a quick comeback.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Dedicated lev to anyone who takes a screenshot of both Bjenn and Pab online in the coming week.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

I try to quit for a while. Anyway i dont feel like playing much elma nowadays.
Team MiE
sleap
Kuski

Post by sleap »

NOBODY CARES!
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I do! I like the process of quitting. It's like an old addiction you were once so happy with, but now can't share with anyone. My whole family knows I played elma like mad, but now they seem to forget this altogether. It's the quitting that makes all these years seem thrown away. Only the lauta is easy enough to regain some of this feeling of nostalgia. Installing elma all over again is hard enough, I tried to install belma once, but then I couldn't find a 1.2 patch to patch it for eol.

Once you've deleted all stuff, it's really hard to get back. And sometimes I regret that. Most of the times I do not though. =)
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Am I the only person who never planned quitting any game? When I quit, it's just process when I just realize that I didn't play some game for a while. It's never something that I plan. I remember buying many games to realize that I played them once or worse I haven't played some of my games on steam at all... I never uninstalled any game that I still played on regular basis. Once I accidentally wipped out my hdd, but I quickly reinstalled all essential games (TF2 and Belma). :D
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

That is, by far, the most accurate representation of elasto mania I have ever seen.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Morgan
36mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Morgan »

masterpiece popato boom))
Image TT - 36:53.16 || 17 Polish Records || SPEED
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Wow, nice work zweq :lol:
Team SPEED

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

temp-quit: i'm sending my pc over to the uk tomorrow and moving in 3 days, i don't think i'll play a lot during the opening weeks of uni :D

see you in some time then! i'll miss you all :*
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

raff picture zweq o,o makes me wanna play elma more than ever!
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I quit.
I've been addicted too much, so i decided to remove all my games from my computer. Elma directory was not deleted, but safely WinRared.
It was a pleasure to be part of this communuty. Altough, i will stay tuned to the community to see what is happening here.
Also, please accept my apologise for writing trash and spam. I didn't want to put anyone into rage.

Sincerely, Tigro.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

but... what's gonna happen to the elma wiki? 8O
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

Zweq should have become an anthropologist, that is, by far, THE most accurate representation of any society I've ever seen! Plus it reveals the psychosocial dynamics within the given society in the same graph, i state this is pure genious. I will send you cigars and a case of beer zweq.
Image "It's good to be having fun, but it'd be funnier to be good"
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Tigro wrote:I quit.
I've been addicted too much, so i decided to remove all my games from my computer. Elma directory was not deleted, but safely WinRared.
It was a pleasure to be part of this communuty. Altough, i will stay tuned to the community to see what is happening here.
Also, please accept my apologise for writing trash and spam. I didn't want to put anyone into rage.

Sincerely, Tigro.
Plz don't quit I thought I was sorry for the unaired room & co.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

I quit, thanks all, really everybody for being a part of what i had never seen before. amazing atmosphere, insane understanding inside, insane amount of interesting affairs

also, thanks to the pem ppl for a massive elmaful non-stop weedbong meating with even more amazing atmosphere and climax, producing some long-lasting friendships and undeleteable memories

sorry for cheating in the past, couldnt ever stand the everlasting noobness i couldnt overcome

wish ya fruitful happy lives and a prospectful community, i still believe you, we, all are a phenomenon, although i'm probably wrong, dunno other games or forums

also plz stop watching movies wtf are you doing :?

ye that's it, cheers
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

i miss berh
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Yes, can you believe it's already been four hours without him
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I really wish I could see more FinBerh. Those were the days.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I semi-quit. Other games came in the way, and not that much interest anymore.
ToMaT
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

abruzzi wrote:I quit, thanks all, really everybody for being a part of what i had never seen before. amazing atmosphere, insane understanding inside, insane amount of interesting affairs

also, thanks to the pem ppl for a massive elmaful non-stop weedbong meating with even more amazing atmosphere and climax, producing some long-lasting friendships and undeleteable memories

sorry for cheating in the past, couldnt ever stand the everlasting noobness i couldnt overcome

wish ya fruitful happy lives and a prospectful community, i still believe you, we, all are a phenomenon, although i'm probably wrong, dunno other games or forums

also plz stop watching movies wtf are you doing :?

ye that's it, cheers
you can't do that with the community, don't leave us alone :devil:
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Quitted some weeks ago.
Team MiE
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

See you soon, hopefully =) It would be a great shame to lose such an adorable pip0r!
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Wanted to play a little the other day, with the dumb illusion of having skintor making battles or something.
but then...windows 8
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Windows 8 was mainly developed to help people quit Elma, other mans should stay teh fakc away from it
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Orcc wrote:Windows 8 was mainly developed to help people quit Elma
and quit dvd. no default drivers, jizzzz...
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

Adi is back in the pipes where he belongs :-) Oh Pabby :-(
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I quit for the 3rd time, this time I deleted my whole elma folder including state.dat ;D
I however have a .rar with all recs/levs, if anyone wants I can send nice recs for movie or whatever. I should have some at least (7000+ recs from battles).
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

bye
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I am doing what? Not quitted really, but not playing too much.

I do have 2560x1440 resolution to try play elma with now.
NoZKeY
Kuski

Post by NoZKeY »

It's funny. I said I'd quit so many times not only on this thread but also in-game.
In the end, I never said bye when I quitted for real -\o-o/-

What am I doing here anyway...

*runs*

I've missed you guys, maybe I will make an epic comeback one of these days (not like my last comeback when I played some 3 balles and then said kthxbye). I hope you don't mind I'm not the same idiot as a couple years ago. :mrgreen:

And no, I won't be playing own balles, oh wait you can't do that anymore... silly me.
And no I won't be starting ultra retarded good levs with impsy start. Or spam ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) proproprorporopro.
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

NoZkey ^^, We can have a comeback together :X
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
teajay
Donator duck

10K ZOMG!!!!!!!

Post by teajay »

A goodbye to you all

At this time, 10 years back in time (minus 1 day), I made a decision that would change the course of my life forever. I went to Mopolauta and I registered an account for myself with a nickname that seemed so apt for this place: FlatTracker. Hilarity ensued.

I then proceded to read all topics that were available at that time. I was 14 years old at that time and I had lots of time on my hand. At a certain point I probably started posting random shit, but at first I was a slow poster. It’s hard to say when I made my first post, but this is the post that is the oldest around at this moment: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 065#p25065, about radim’s bmp2lev program, which I also used for sending in some very ugly level for the LOM contest. Oh yeah! :]

I probably got inspiration for my many posts by reading this topic: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 052#p31052. There was much talk about Ky.Jelly spamming so much, but somewhere around December my own habits of talking a lot was noticed by the master himself: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 245#p43245.

Well, then are some more stories about me joining a team called MopoKuskis, in order to maintain a newbie status forever. As I started playing in January 2003, it seemed very good that my total time was 1:18:16:04 at the beginning of July. In September I got under 1 hour: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 779#p35779. Progress was a bit slow, as I only broke two more minute limits in October: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 732#p37732. And another magical limit was beaten in April 2004: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 258#p51258. Then under 45 minutes September 2005: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 954#p93954. I even said I would quit at 42 mins club. Haha, silly me!

It was in June 2007, quite some time later that I beat my final minute limit: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 16#p133916. 2007 was a year in which I honed my skills, because this was the time when belma was getting to where it was now. Also, I was doing exams back then at my high school, and that meant lots and lots of spare time wasted on playing elma and soccer outside.

In 2006 I visited Scandinavia (nice idea of my brother), during which I got the chance to meet up with famous kuskis like Luther, infected, zworqy, ribot, Xiphias, petsen, Kopoka, insaneguy and all the other dudes that were around in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, etc. Good times we had, but it was also on this trip that I learned that life could be different if I’d just quit playing computer games and went for playing guitar instead.

In the years after my exams I still spent lots of time on this little game and posting my way towards the 10k mark on this forum. Elma changed, new people came and older people quit. And then I went to study Musicology in Utrecht, which proved to be another turn in my life, especially when I finally moved out from my parents. Other stuff than elma started to be more important suddenly, and I found myself playing only sporadically and trying to quit Mopolauta aswell.

And here we are, it is almost exactly 10 years after I joined that I have come to announce my final resignation. I will not post here any longer. 10,000 posts seems already way too much. I challenge anyone to do better, though I don’t expect this to be anytime soon. I’ve had great times with you all, and it is with some emotions that I end this chapter in my life. I might drop by in EOL, but truth be told: I’m a ghost from the past.

Thanks for reading if you have and many thanks to those that have made this game so interesting and durable over the years: the Moposite team, the battlers in #battle and EOL, the makers of sites with high quality levels and contests, the regular visitors of this forum, those that criticized me and sharpened my mind and ethics, and finally a thanks to those that I could call online friends: our friendship might cease to actively exist (or already ceased for that matter), but I bear lots of memories of you with me, as I could compare myself to a very large hard disk drive filled with information to the brink. I wish you, those that continue, and those that have/will quit a good life.

Goodbye!
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

like dis if you cry evertim
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

could have waited one moar day :)
gl cya irl ;O
Image Image
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

bye weird man

i will not forget fun times of belma summer 2007, when online elma was fresh, fish were TEH retarded but fun and complex levels and we didnt have many mans playing online yet back then
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

You will be sorely missed, teajay. You are the only person on lauta that i've never seen troll or flame anybody and i adore you for that. Best of luck with your life!
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Still remember how I carefully selected your topic about metal music to be the target of my first lauta post. Good man, have a good life)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

This means I can tease him without risk of retaliation!

Much luv <3 bai
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I'm sorry to say this, but your real post count is only 9044. :wink:
goofu
Kuski

Post by goofu »

Hah! He was being fooled right in front of his nose. What an shame.
TT: 45:43:64
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I miss you already TJ! Sorry for not having been here at the right time to say a proper byes.
The elma community has, after a long anticipation, just lost arguably one of the greatest and most memorable members of all time.
Farewell, boss!
Lukazz
36mins club

Re: 10K ZOMG!!!!!!!

Post by Lukazz »

teajay wrote:A goodbye to you all
your postcount fell down to 9999. what happened?
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I just noticed as did Lukazz. Teajay's post count is 9999, somebody tell him this so he can post the 10k on "This is my XXXX post"
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I quit, goodbye.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

bye
Bjenn