Elma Team Series

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Mullvad
Kuski

Elma Team Series

Post by Mullvad »

Well I think ides like this one have been in this forum before but don't know if it was exactly like mine.

I want to start a big league for teams in elma. This league would streatch over a long time and I hope it will be well organised if I can get some help.

The rules will be:
There are many rounds where in every round one team battle another team.

When a team battle another team every team choise 4 people to take part in the battle. Then one person i every team meats another person in the opposite team and all these battles takes place at the same time but with diffrent levs, this to prevent one person to drive every team members time. After the battles are done the team with most victorise wins the team battle, but if 2 person in each team win the battle goes to sudden death. Then one person in each team is selected to fight a final battle.

The point system in the league is simple.
The winning team gets 3 points and the loosing team gets 0
But if a team battle goes to sudden deatch then the winning team gets 2 points and the loosing team gets 1 point.

There should be enough rounds in the league so all team can meat eachother, maybe more then one time.

Hope I make myself clear. Anyone wants to help or is it a totally fucked up ide?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Well, the idea is good and would be fun if it was accomplished..But something like this is very hard to organize and accomplish completely, and to do it without losing interest after some time (Both the participants' interest and the organizers'). You'd need a very big amount of levs, a lot of time to do it, etc., but of course, could it be accomplished and garner enough interest, it could be very fun.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Mullvad
Kuski

right

Post by Mullvad »

Well I know it would be hard to make teams join but the hardest but will be to organise all this.

Every team battle will need a judge to look so none cheat and he also need to do at least 4 levs and it is not ez to gather people that wants to do all this. Therefore if someone is a little intressted to help me to make this ide come true plzzzzzzzz tell me.

BTW even team members can help organise and judge this as long as they do not are judge for there own teams
one nagual sorcerer
Kuski

Post by one nagual sorcerer »

Wow! Many different ideas, cups/tournaments/leagues have been discussed and some of them have been pulled off with good and bad success. This one is very interesting and genuine.

There has been at least 2 man2man tournaments that has been cancelled because of the organizer started to lack interest, EML and this latter one(can't remember name),just around the xmas 2003. A team cup by LUKE was pulled off long ago, as much as I can remember of it, it went out ok.

This your league would add Team Cup system into the "battle" field,which is interesting. But the downsides are evident. The way of playing these matches are dependant on the clock. We aren't used to play elma like CS players are used to play CS. They cancel their school and friendship or sex sessions ,because their CS clanmatch is about to start at 22.00 CET. We aren't familiar with this in elma genre I guess (yet) :) Other problem is that we are around the globe and the good times for the battles are hard to choose I guess or am I just pessimistic?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

how big teams are you talking about? i mean, as u know, our team has 2 members, i hope its not a problem
one nagual sorcerer
Kuski

Post by one nagual sorcerer »

I think every team needs to have 4 players as far as I understood. Then you can make temporary teams for this cup. E.G. combining 2 allied teams or ask 2 of your elma friends to join your team for the cup.
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

I mean.. The idea is good. But personally I don't think this will work out. Too complicated. And there are not that many teams out there. Ah whatever, Im pessimistic anyways.
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

well, those team cup ideas are cool and such, but indeed hard to organise. I would love to participate with MK, and even make levels, but I don't have that much spare time you know. :wink:
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

DBL was like this, just that it was not teams. http://www.mxb.dk/DBL/

That was really fun.

I would looove to paticipate in a cup like this, only thing is that I don't really think 3 others from my team would :(

But go on with the idea. It's nice.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

How about 4 team members are 'active' and they are assigned numbers (1-4). Then the matches are made, and two random numbers are drawn to see which players battle!
This would minimise the need for levels and the amount of time and preperation needed...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Mullvad
Kuski

Well....

Post by Mullvad »

It is a ide Chux but the problem with that is if it is a team with three people that got 55min TT and one with 40min TT then the guy with 40min can play in the name of the other guys.

I heard the time diffrent problem also, and you have right it is very hard to solve. I am still thinking about other ways to run the league so I might find a better way solve this but for now the only way to solve this is to make the two elma teams really talked to eachother to find a date and time that really works out for both. It means that the league do not say what time the team battle will take place, as long as it is in between a amount of time
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

well, I guess you could do this by planning battle each saturday, over a period of 10 weeks or something.
Mullvad
Kuski

a thought

Post by Mullvad »

Just a thought about the time problem.

You could give the teams a week to deside a time and if no time could be choosen then a default time could be like Sunday 21:00 or something.

But if a time was choosen by the teams then it would have to be reported in to the League center and a judge that is a avaible on that time could be choosen.

But that is just one way to solve the problem
Mullvad
Kuski

Intressted?

Post by Mullvad »

I want to know how many teams that is intressted in this league.
Therefor have you wrote a very simple script.
Go here:
http://community.gti.se/~g2jtings/ETL/
and sign up your team if you are intressted.

This is just to see if it is any team that would join the league.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

lol i get some fanny ideas :twisted:
Mullvad
Kuski

Please do not....

Post by Mullvad »

LOL TJ!!

Do not act like FlatTracker did and sign up a bounce of shit names.
Act like grown ups please!

If you want to know this is what Flattie signed up:
MK
Three Musketeers
Shithoylers
allabovebyTJ

Guess what I let alone!
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

baaah, can't I have my fun at some point?? :cry:

EDIT: aaargh, I thought you deleted all, so I subscribed 'Mopokuskis' again. Delete please.

EDIT2: guess what. I clicked refresh to check if you already deleted, and then the script entered 'Mopokuskis another 3 times. my browser fucked it up. :oops:
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

LOL we're on there loads :D
Umm...I guess there's no way around the whole 'driving recs as someone else' problem, we'll just have to trust the teams that enter.

or! on the day that we send the levels out, give each kuski a new nick to drive as, then ask for the lev file instead of the rec...then the cheat0rz will have minimal time to actually send the file, drive it, then send it back before deadline...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Mullvad
Kuski

well

Post by Mullvad »

I am really dispointed! Too few teams signed up so at this moment I can't run the league. But I will keep the site up and if more teams sign up then I will do my best to full fill this!
Lakimies
Kuski

qarwaton

Post by Lakimies »

somebody want to make team with me?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Re: qarwaton

Post by Kopaka »

Lakimies wrote:somebody want to make team with me?
temp Team series team yes.