Teh old times..

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

hilamr
Kuski

Teh old times..

Post by hilamr »

Don't u just miss the good old times, when u had like big problems finishig lab pro, and tricks abound looked like an imposible lev.
when u had to struggle to finish different levs.
And looking at the wr table were it stood that someone had made enigma 20 secs.
20 secs :0 !!!!! thats not fucking posible i thought...

Well, what u mean?
Image TT: 43:16:22
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Yes, I do...and the feeling when watching a pro's rec..."omg how teh do teh omgomgomg"

Also, that back then, everything was about finishing levs...now it's about getting a good time, finishing is not even worth it if it's not a quite good time..it's more tiring that way..
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Yeah, the first time you play any game is the best...
Pokemon was like "OMG!!" the first time I played, now I know it too well...and the same with so many games
Elma was so great the first time round, playign at school and everyone going "Ehh? The bike is flat when it turns around!" and once our teacher said "Ah, you just want to play that game with the flying bike" lol!
Ahh, good old days...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I still remember driving Over and Under, and I thought: 'O cool, different theme! I wonder how the next levels look like.'
I guess, when you first try this game you have the idea of playing through an adventure or something. At least I had. :P
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I remember when I broke 1hour tt-limit....
I remember when it was possible to get off 30 secs and more by doing only one new trick on lev....
I remember when I first saw the moporecs....
I remember when I had team with Aizan for a few updates, team was called ElmaCo ;)....
I remember first time I logged in on irc....
I remember when I thought "Save play" saved your progress in game....

Dame being total n00b was pretty fun....
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i remember 1st time across when i couldnt play because i laughed so much because of the sound and animation of the volt....
also i remember a time when elma was just relaxing and nothing more, what isnt very far away, actually : (
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Well, i saw some students in 6th grade playing this wack game, i had no real interest since at a party, a friend of my friend brought his laptop and elma, with the help of some kinda special grass, the game looked crazy and so great. Downloaded next day...
I played some internals and i was like, how the hell can i finish this stupid lab pro lev. And this damn Apple harvest.
Now, pro recs seems somehow easier, but i still can't figure out Apple Harvest in one run 8O
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
m0nkeii
Kuski

Post by m0nkeii »

i remember the old 'lauta....god i miss those popups
Image Click the m0nkeii! Click it! | A
| tt=47:31,02 | wc4= 100th |
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

well, sure it was fun when you first played it, but I'm having way much more fun playing elma now, when I can do top 10 results in cups, win battle in danish elma meeting, and can do sick tricks.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Kopaka wrote:well, sure it was fun when you first played it, but I'm having way much more fun playing elma now, when I can do top 10 results in cups, win battle in danish elma meeting, and can do sick tricks.
Sure...but it is more tiring, as I said before :)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

i dont remember how it was like when i first played the game, but i do remember that i played with 2 friends and we hoyled (hoylinig to finish, not for good time of course) Hi Flyer and just couldn't understand how the hell can we get to that flower!

and of course we jumped those high jumps in Hi Flyer to get to the island, and of course went to the apple with the 2 killers in full speed and than landed on killers....

edit :

oh, and tunnel terror was the level that no one has a clue where to go in the beginning.
twin peaks was the level that everybody thought they're genius when they made the slow version for the shortcut.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

John wrote:I remember when I broke 1hour tt-limit....
I remember when it was possible to get off 30 secs and more by doing only one new trick on lev....
I remember when I first saw the moporecs....
I remember when I had team with Aizan for a few updates, team was called ElmaCo ;)....
I remember first time I logged in on irc....
I remember when I thought "Save play" saved your progress in game....

Dame being total n00b was pretty fun....
I remember those things...well, except for making a team with Aizan obviously...
I thought Save Play saved your progress, and then the next time I played i was going "What? Wheres my save file??"
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

i remember very first time i ever played shareware doing a flip made me feel like god
-brag
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

how do you define this day after next three years? semiold times?

yupp it was fun and never gets as fun again but it's fun in a different way after a few years - i dont want to compare present with the past when ones interests and gaming goals are so different.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

wr taking can be phun too :D