stupid elma habits

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

devan
Kuski
Team: TAP

stupid elma habits

Post by devan »

share your stupid elma habits here.

mine:
when i drive pipe i do this thing where i move my head every time i switch directions (space). its totally unintentional, but when teh pipe gets intense i cant help it!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

When i try to get up a wall or something by hanging on it, i kinda give a swing with my body at the same time to give more power :wink:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

i punch walls repeatedly
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

Every time I open a level I haven't played before, I press space and turn around. It's more naturally for me to drive left in the start.
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I think I do that turning in start of unknown level too.

Also when I have been using editor for a little, and play a normal level I sometimes press "P" like ten times before I remember I'm not in editor anymore, and it's not just the first time I start a level, I can do it a few times.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

oh another thing

as soon as i watch a new style for the first time, when i go play it, i get really close or even do it first time, then for the next 4 hours of hoylage i won't make it once
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

sierra wrote:oh another thing

as soon as i watch a new style for the first time, when i go play it, i get really close or even do it first time, then for the next 4 hours of hoylage i won't make it once
That's so facking annoying when that happens. You do a really cool style the first time you try, and the next 50 times you can't do it. :(
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Kopaka wrote:I think I do that turning in start of unknown level too.

Also when I have been using editor for a little, and play a normal level I sometimes press "P" like ten times before I remember I'm not in editor anymore, and it's not just the first time I start a level, I can do it a few times.
Sometimes when I have played some lev with special startstyle (like volt on sink) and change level I still whane do that startstyle from sink and it takes some starts to find out u arent playing sink anymore...kinda like ur P-thing :?
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Yep, that happens to me too

Also, usually I hoyl at night, so when I die at the end of the level and shout "FAXX0R!!" I remember that people are alseep halfway through shouting and it always comes out as "FAX...xor"
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

-i press so hard that my keys brake when playing hard levs...
-sometimes i play better when playing with 1 hand, other one holds the phone...
-if i höyl with good music and the next song sucks, i change it, afterwards im not in the "flow" anymore...
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

alovolt is so delayed, so sometimes i press it beforehand, and i do it way too soon, so i crash.
and ya know, i have about 950 levs in elma, and i don't know 90% of them. so my habit is to press Esc automaitcally if the background is not sky. so many n00b levels, i should remove them someday.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

chux wrote:Yep, that happens to me too

Also, usually I hoyl at night, so when I die at the end of the level and shout "FAXX0R!!" I remember that people are alseep halfway through shouting and it always comes out as "FAX...xor"
thats absurd, you use the internet too much
hilamr
Kuski

Post by hilamr »

I play elma, that's a stupid habit
Image TT: 43:16:22
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

jaytea wrote:thats absurd, you use the internet too much
rofl @ JT

don't mind him, he is good höyl0r. JT, tell them ur time for 18
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

sierra wrote:rofl @ JT

don't mind him, he is good höyl0r. JT, tell them ur time for 18
teet mala

lets go to golden hall
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

To play at all most be my most stupid..

Can't see why I actually play..
I've this wonderful girlfriend whom I love deeply
I'm playing soccer on a high lev, lots of friends there
I've got a job

Still there's smth that I can't control when It comes to Elma?

Besides that, I always screw up good runs.. I get excited and press alo alot when I don't need to :(
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
Uncle Milty
39mins club

Post by Uncle Milty »

Everytime i'm höyling multiplayer internal levs with my friend, and sth gets against me or him, I get always very angry, so he sometimes throw me out... :cry:
---
Team EA
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

after i made a good run, it seems that my head only distances 20 cm from the monitor. :lol:
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I use internet too much? Thats true, but how did you know??
And Sierra, thanks, but Im no good hoyla :D

I found new one, nto so much habit, but I always play better when Im at someone elses house or school or somehting, so I never get teh good times on my own state! Aghh!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

I always get better plays better when someone is watching or they will think im a noob
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

making a big good lev for ~1hour and go back playing in external section, that "P" pressing then is so annoying, almost press P for a hour then :}
also the start thing is annoying, space etc
Eating while playing elma, nat the best...
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Juski wrote:I always get better plays better when someone is watching or they will think im a noob
OMG I can never finish a level when someone watches! Once someone found elma in college and they could finish Long Haul (or they did in 2 minutes or something) so I said "Ok, I'll do it in under 1 inute", I could have said under 50 but I thought Id better cover myself in case it was a crap run. They were all like "nah, nah, cant be done, nah" and I was like, "yeah, just watch". Haha, when I jumped off the thing after the first apple they wer elike "Nahh!! You die now!" and I landed on the thing, "yeeah, I rule"...anyway, I just couldnt finish after that, missed the apples, died at flower, caught by teacher, it just wouldnt happen...dame
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

u don't fuck up your runs coz everyone's watching... if you're good hoyla, you never finish the lev 90%... most of our runs are ending with failure, but when everyone's watching, its like you're a noob or something.

once me and my friends made a battle lev and played it in turns (on one comp). now, you can't hoyl it - its only one run per turn. they think you can find the fastest style without pressing Esc...

and other funny thing, not related : i have a n00b friend who's now getting addicted to the game. yesterday he called me : "Michael, you don't believe what a great improvement i've done.. in level 8 (he doesn't know the names yet) i made it from 45 to 31!!" -"gratz" -"whats your time then?" -"24,38" -"wow! send me replay!" *i sent him after a while*.
my friend calls me with great excitement "i did 28!" -"gratz again" -"i can do it better than you, i have a style" -"really? what style?" -"when i jump for the 2 apples, i do it faster" -"how exactly?" -"i do crazy spins, thats much faster!" -"no its not" -"yes it is! i can do even 22, that cuts about 2 seconds!" -"no it doesn't!" -"i'm SURE it is, wait til you see it" -*giving up* "ok ok, bye"
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

:D

maybe he makes wr
Elasto Mania - ez better
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

ramone wrote::D

maybe he makes wr
yeah, once he told me that if he wouldn't die at the end of Sink, he'd made a 30,xx. :roll:
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

so, did he ever finish sink?
Elasto Mania - ez better
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

ramone wrote:so, did he ever finish sink?
yes, 34,94 best time :wink:
Emericaskatetm89
Kuski

Post by Emericaskatetm89 »

I duck my head under low stuff. and then i relize im a retard! :oops:
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

i do that thingy as well where you do a style first up then cant do it angain :x
hi
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

When I use alovolt I make the same movement with arm like the biker does! Sach mongo habit... :roll:
Once my cousin was watching me playing warm up and when I made the double volt part I accidently hit his face! :lol:
belele
i3
Kuski

Post by i3 »

I do most of the stuff you say... :roll:
one of those who höyls and höyls (well, not that much now... but soon...) but never goes pro!
Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your signature to help me spread!
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

I dont know if this one has been said yet, but after i make a level for a long time or whatever, i just cant stop pressing "P" to play when i am outside the editor.

oh, hi btw, it's been at least 2 months since i had internet connection
-brag
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

That habit is sach annoying! :? It happens to me all the time.
Some times I even give up and go play in editor :lol:
belele
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

been there done that.

pressing p forever after editoring.

when playing a lev for a long time and then changing to another i repeadetly do the start of the previous level

i dodge tight spots with my head as well

sometimes when there's a tight part i go closer to the screen and am like 20cm from it.

;/
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Whenever I find a (new) style on a level, I can never beat my first time with that style :(
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I got one!
Whenever I make it to the ff triangle, I fuck up trying to get back! omg I sax
abruzzi
Kuski

Re: stupid elma habits

Post by abruzzi »

I keep turning on and off the map/navigator by pressing V in the middle of the run, most often when I don't even need it. jblaze also has this stupid elma habit, what about you?
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Pingywings
Kuski
Team: singy

Post by Pingywings »

holding down arrow key harder to make the bike vrum faster
DR@CON
Kuski
Team: LATP

Post by DR@CON »

Noticed lately, if i hoyl some lev in the night, i press "1" (f1) in each my startspot after death to check out who poss came to eol. Getting annoing :) Probably coz in night time is low activity of players.
holding down arrow key harder to make the bike vrum faster
Same here but to make bike spin faster :)
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

When playing a balle (especially when leading) I check (tab) if the leader changed like every 2 seconds. Can't stop, even though I usually don't even read it and turn it off quickly to concentrate on driving. Quite annoying.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

abruzzi wrote:I keep turning on and off the map/navigator by pressing V in the middle of the run, most often when I don't even need it. jblaze also has this stupid elma habit, what about you?
Pingywings wrote:holding down arrow key harder to make the bike vrum faster
My last keyboard got my fingerprint melted in because of this :P, got img somewhere.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

When have to do several hard volts in a row or sach, always press mega hard cause it feels like you get better timing. Also when have to brake in the beginning of lev, always press mega hard to make it brake instantly (since cant always brake before pressing enter unless braked in lev during death). There's one particular 0lut lev I've hoyled quite much that starts with impsy start that needs insta-brake. Sometimes have to stop playing cause brake finger hurting, cause you re-play the same 2 seconds in the start over and over and over again()
Pingywings wrote:My last keyboard got my fingerprint melted in because of this :P, got img somewhere.
My keyboard has a clear outline of the arrow keys because I guess I keep shaving off the top layer of the plastic there. It shines much brighter than the rest of the keyboard)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

I'd say my stupid elma habit is sticking to shit styles because I practiced them so much. For example I have 34.32 in Freefall, I still do the noob style because I've become actually pretty solid at it. Isn't best time some high 33? (don't crush my dreams saying it's 30.21)
:mrhat:
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

32.xx I think

Edit: Best I could find was 33.7x, but I'm pretty sure wr is 32.xx
Attachments
44wr006J.rec
33.73 I think
(31.77 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
ToMaT
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by ROKKEBOL »

i noticed if i do active chattting in eol, i start my messages in mirc, skype, icq, etc. by pressing f9 afterward

farnsworth
Kuski

Post by farnsworth »

like boneless in top, move body and head when crash Xd stupid