World Cup 5

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

dz, thanks for raising this; I couldn't agree more :o
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

maybe the cup teams suck but it´s a free world so people can cooperate how they want...Alltoudh the only help I expect to get is from my real team :)

And lets have a little guseeing competition for how many that will send in for the first level...209 participated in the first event in WC4 and I think that is going to be crushed....My guess is 338 participants in this first event...
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

but it also sucks A LOT to play a cup by yourself (I'm kinda doubting anyone in my team is gonna play :? ) . but of course you can make collaborations with others without making some lame WCT.
it would be a surprise if someone doesn't make that ^^^ team :P
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

dz wrote:What do you think so called "cup teams"? i personally think they honestly suck. you can't choose nationality according to your likings in real life sports cups either... stick with your team, that's what it's for. At least in official results.
What if you don't have a team, and collaborate in the wcup just with others who don't have a team either? Or if you decide to join a cup team because your real team isn't very active?
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

That's how it has always been more or less... people trade recs with each others... it's just in recent cups that all kind of silly teams has emerged which only exists during the cup. They take away the meaning of real teams, for example, in some recent cup there were many of the greatest in the same team, I didn't find it any fun trying to compete against that kind of a team. Normal teams can't because some of the best decide to co-operate as a team. I find it perfectly ok to co-operate in general, that's one of the main aspects in cups, to share ideas, but when that co-operation goes into making new teams "for fun" while ruining real teams changes to compete against each others, I find it really sad.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Why not have some rule to stop thoose kind off runing cup temas(if the majority is against them) like: Your team have to have a website or something to be apart of the Team points list. Kinda ez to go around, just make ez 5 min website.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

how about "Your team must have existed for at least 3 months" ?

(e.g 3 months could be more, maybe less)
Proud Member Of RDK
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

i dont think enil, lyn and i have been around for two months, but we plan to be around for much longer. so there's a problem with that. what about we let people make teams for wc and just not like them. cant look at every single team and say yay or nay.
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
px
Moporator

Post by px »

petsen wrote:how about "Your team must have existed for at least 3 months" ?
How could one prove that his team has existed for that and that long time? .. I don't think there's any realistic way to prevent people from making wcup teams. As psteve said, one don't have to like them.
| TT astonishing 47:08,75 | moposite.com | pxx.fi |
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

well I can prove that RDK have existed for more than 3 months, and Im sure that FM can prove they have existed for a long period aswel... + there is a topic at lauta for new teams, so ez look at announcement time to wcup start...

if u get me ? ;)
Proud Member Of RDK
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

petsen, it just does not work. there are hundreads of teams you or i haven't heard about of which many will take part in world cup 5. how could you prove them all, i dont even bother asking because it will not work.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

And why would they have to be a certain "age" anyway. I guess many newbies will participate in wcup5, and they might have started only a little while ago and just made team before the wcup for example.
Rules | FAQ
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Just wanted to know this :

If my Mopolauta nick is The_BoneLESS but my real nick is BoneLESS, will you use my Mopolauta one because the form for sending will use Mopolauta ?

I'd prefer BoneLESS instead of The_BoneLESS...
We can edit your Mopolauta nick...
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
yoosef
Kuski

Post by yoosef »

i say NO to "cup teams"
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Abula wrote:
The_BoneLESS wrote:Just wanted to know this :

If my Mopolauta nick is The_BoneLESS but my real nick is BoneLESS, will you use my Mopolauta one because the form for sending will use Mopolauta ?

I'd prefer BoneLESS instead of The_BoneLESS...
We can edit your Mopolauta nick...
I'd be happy with that...

The_BoneLESS --> BoneLESS
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

private message works better... (this could also have been better in private) ;)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

ct was fun at least, sahc love tomcat and almost axxu too
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Pah, no-one had me on their top 10 lists...
Good to see the cup will be happening though, looking forward to it! MK ez win :wink:
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

* I like practicing for the WCup V by beating some cup records.

well so far I've done 1 and it's pretty ... pretty ... like you say: wow, I used to be starved at those earlier wr recs

the thing is you must practice like ... say 30-60 mins each day, is enough, as long as you play ...say ...everyday. because you learn while you sleep, and if you play and you don't sleep then you don't learn, so you just hoyla for nuthing, or at least you obtain less results. and this not only apply to elma, you know

that's my theory, at least

fuc* u with ur theories!!!! 8)
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

Wonder if this time px will release a WCup_Out pack at the end of the cup, so we have a bunch of coal externals to play afterwards. :O

maybe I send some levels and play some hours with WCup 5. :)
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i made 2 levs for the cup and i actually spend some time on them what i havent done for atleast a year...
and be sure, they are no speed-höyla-bananas like wcup4 11, though i loved that lev : )
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Juble wrote:Wonder if this time px will release a WCup_Out pack at the end of the cup, so we have a bunch of coal externals to play afterwards. :O

maybe I send some levels and play some hours with WCup 5. :)
good that he didn't publish them last time, otherwise I couldn't have used my levels in king cup :/
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well, maybe you should add in your mail if you want it to be published or not. Anyway, I don't think px will upload such a pack.
px
Moporator

Post by px »

At least for WCup4 I recieved tons of levels, I don't think it would be reasonable to publish all levels. And knowing my level taste, a top-pack wouldn't be that good either :)
Ali
39mins club

Post by Ali »

i hope there won´t be anything like rollercoaster in wcup :x and 1 pipe max :x and at least 8 levels over 1 minute (if there are 15 events). and at least 1 my level :D
Czech Across Racing Team member --> http://www.homer.kbx.cz/cart
</signature>
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

atleast 2 pip0rz, NO ROLLERCOASTERS!!!!!
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Wezz wrote:atleast 2 pip0rz, NO ROLLERCOASTERS!!!!!
Come on, there won't be two pipes. The chances of no pipes are much higher.
Rules | FAQ
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Not as long as CMc are here :D
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Wezz wrote:atleast 2 pip0rz, NO ROLLERCOASTERS!!!!!
2 pipes, please no. If there even is one, that's really enough.

Well I'm not a fan of rollercoasters either, but somehow I feel that's more likely to happen than pipe, it's px deciding the levels after all... :roll:
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i think 1 pipe is still too much
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I just have two demands: If there will be a pipe, that has got to be an Abula designed Impsybility.

My other demand is that px just decides the levels and don't listen to other people's demands.
Rules | FAQ
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Whether you like it or not, pipe driving is a skill in elasto mania. Think of the great battlers at this point in time - Markku, John, axxu, Lazy, veezay. All of them are extremely capable pipers.

To have just one pipe level (or none at all????!!!!) is simply ridiculous; it undermines the unquestionable skill of pipe drivers, and gives the less-skilled pipe drivers (i.e. noobs) an unjustified advantage in the overall competition.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

okay, then we also need one bouncing level where the clue is to bounce as high as possible on an abula-made lev.

Whether you like it or not, bouncing is a skill in elma. Think of the great battlers at this point in time - Markku, John, axxu, Lazy, veezay. All of them extremely capable bouncers.

To have just one bounce level (or none at all????!!!!) is simply ridiculous; it undermines the unquestionable skill og pipe driversm abd gives the less-skilled bouncers (i.e. noobs) an unjustified advantage in the overall competition.

Please don't take this too serious...

btw, to stay on topic; I don't want pipelevs as I'll get some immense pressure on me :Sa
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

One pipe level is okay... just play the PTL pack to practice :wink:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

sierra wrote:Whether you like it or not, pipe driving is a skill in elasto mania. Think of the great battlers at this point in time - Markku, John, axxu, Lazy, veezay. All of them are extremely capable pipers.

To have just one pipe level (or none at all????!!!!) is simply ridiculous; it undermines the unquestionable skill of pipe drivers, and gives the less-skilled pipe drivers (i.e. noobs) an unjustified advantage in the overall competition.
I'm not sure if sierra is serious or not, but I just have to comment. Pipe was supposed to be a special event in wc3 and it sure was, I guess there weren't many besides psy who liked it. In wc4 there were already many who waited for a pipe lev, me included, and it came. After the cup begun a huge pipe fever which I thougt would last few months but feels like it's grown since then.

No rules say there should be a pipe lev in wcup and I hope px chooses this time some other "special" event, because I already know there will be a few sent. It's a bad argument that wcup should include all areas of different kinda skills. No event includes only bounces, only hangs, only flat etc, maybe there is a pipe shortcut in some of the levels? That's enough. Even if there isn't wcup shouldn't even need to be like somekinda absolute proof about peoples elma skill, otherwise there shouldn't be even co-op between team members allowed.

Anyway this pipe thingie is getting too overrated nowdays. The players you mentioned are good players otherwise too, pipe isn't that much of a special skill I think it's just about practicing. Of course some can learn it quicker than others. And it's kinda turned upside down considering who are better in pipes compared to "normal" levs, there is pipes everyday in #battle chan and 80% of the players are noobs. NOt that there is anything wrong with that, just that "giving advantage to less skilled players" is wrong statement. Maybe "less skilled pipe players

As you can see I'm quite tired to all this pipe ("pie") chat. I belonged to the few who thougt those were cool once but now it's like out-of-date, time for something different this time!

edit: having more than one pipe lev is like the most ridiculous elmarelated thing I've heard in awhile. One is still fine, rather it than rc
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

sierra wrote:Whether you like it or not, pipe driving is a skill in elasto mania. Think of the great battlers at this point in time - Markku, John, axxu, Lazy, veezay. All of them are extremely capable pipers.

A wise man man(actuly it was me, but im quite oroud of that saying :P) said once: I understand how you think, but not why.

Although i really like pipe levels, i don't think there should be more then one pipe level because of the huge number of players that dislike pipes!
Pipe levels is a skill in elma, and it is not always the best players in elma(zamppe t0ringe etc) that is the best pipe players(jalli, BoneLESS etc) so it would be a unfair advantage for the skilled pie players wouldnt it?

((note that my examples maybe werent the best but i hope you know what i ment with them))
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

I think u took my post way too serious!
Of course, there will be 2 pipe events! That would be ridiculous!
If there would, px would have gone insane :D
I wasnt serious in that post, and everyone can see that ;)
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

I don't see why there shouldn't be 2 pipes. One long, hard, endurance one as well as a shorter höylä pipe would be great :)
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Hmmm....But 4 a World Cup event? No.....
px
Moporator

Post by px »

If you prefer a level of some specific style, make one and send it to me as an event suggestion, and make it well. That's probably the most effective way.
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

However, rollercoaster is a must =)
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Pipe is a must
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

must have a level without apples, caus taking those little fuckers can be tricky, just straight to the flower please
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Ky.Jelly wrote:must have a level without apples, caus taking those little fuckers can be tricky, just straight to the flower please
Nice one :lol:

We need a flattrack, yes. :wink:
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

there must be at least one pipe
px
Moporator

Post by px »

Jalli wrote:However, rollercoaster is a must =)
How about a rollercoaster made by someone else, not me?
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

jeah. i wanna make rollercoaster
or what about rollercoaster pipe? :roll:
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

sounds cool
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

px wrote:
Jalli wrote:However, rollercoaster is a must =)
How about a rollercoaster made by someone else, not me?
I'd prefer px-made, just thinking about good ol' wc408 bring back sach nice feelings =)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

how teh fack you wanna do that :S