World Cup 5

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Indeed, medals and such are way better.
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

Yeash they are the best! there forever, ez money gone next day.. but still there was some money now
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
JeMsTaR
Kuski

Post by JeMsTaR »

well id rather money....
Team [NK]

Achievements:
TT now: 47:47
-=*First TT50+ to land lab pro bounce :D*=-
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

medals and certificates are the way to go, even minature tropheys, no need for money, this is not a play to get payed game ö

ez, and in wc5 can there be multi comp at the same time öö
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

yeh medals seems to be the best. why get money for all your hard hoyling when you are going to blow it on lollies at the canteen when you can get a medal or certificate to keep forever
hi
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

or at least a little picture of a medal to go in lauta sig :)
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I wonder if px is waiting with wc planning maybe because of some new elma. :)

would be cool..
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

Very doubtful.
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

don't just give money to winn0rs, dats no good motivation. distibute like golf tournaments. actually no mnoey bettr. medals in sigs sick idea.
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

My very biased opinion is that the winner should get loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooads of money :D so he can come visit me :wink:
ELMA PRO
Banned

Post by ELMA PRO »

I SAY: world cup should start after eet2
p, agent vet, elma pro, ec rule for life
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

hmm i think it will
i thought it will start like febuary or somthing
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Firstly I guess the info of getting people to send in levels will have to come.. And we haven't seen that yet.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I guess it will soon start... 8O :D

Finally... i'll see if i am more than a beginner...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

Whoo! first wcup since im in this... ehm "strange" scene. gotta be last but not least :wink:
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

The_BoneLESS wrote:I guess it will soon start... 8O :D
this must sound weird but... why? :P
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

dz wrote:
The_BoneLESS wrote:I guess it will soon start... 8O :D
this must sound weird but... why? :P
Moposite Headline :

Code: Select all

Thursday, 3 March 2005
World Cup 5 - at 19:00 EET by PeXi
Finally, some info about the long waited, upcoming fifth Elasto Mania World Cup, will be posted here yet this week. Stay tuned!
Maybe i missunderstand that...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Behk
Kuski

Post by Behk »

hope there comes a pipe lev
||TT:42:56,85||42 mins club||Goal is under 42||
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Behk wrote:hope there comes a pipe lev
Ooh yesh
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

A question:
If I send in a level and it get's into the Cup, will I be able to play it myself? I guess px could change level name and save again so the official version will be available only at the start of the event.

For event lengths:
I guess they should be from 1 to 2 weeks, depends on how long and hard the level is. In total there could be 10-20 levels.

The prices:
Yes, now I agree there should be no money or at least not only money - big trophies, nice diplomas and such could be way better - something to be proud of not spend in the bar at the same night.

I also guess there will be a fake start in the 1st of April :P
But seriously, there should be at least one week gap between end of MasterCup and start of World Cup 5. Can't wait :D
And please, no more than one or maximum two pipe levels.
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

8ball, just look how wcup4 was organised, it answers a lot of your questions.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

8-ball wrote: If I send in a level and it get's into the Cup, will I be able to play it myself?
Has been so in the past.

8-ball wrote:For event lengths:
I guess they should be from 1 to 2 weeks, depends on how long and hard the level is. In total there could be 10-20 levels.
That's how it has been, yes. Both wcup3 and wcup4 had 20 levels, most being 1 week events but a few 2 weeks (for example wcup414, the pipe lev)
8-ball wrote:The prices:
Yes, now I agree there should be no money or at least not only money - big trophies, nice diplomas and such could be way better - something to be proud of not spend in the bar at the same night.
That's how it has been in the past, yes. In wcup2000 the top10 got also a free copy of elma.
8-ball wrote:But seriously, there should be at least one week gap between end of MasterCup and start of World Cup 5. Can't wait :D
Seriously, wcup5 is 1000 times more important than MasterCup. But I doubt px will put up wcup5 before mastercup has ended.
8-ball wrote:And please, no more than one or maximum two pipe levels.
Both wcup3 and wcup4 had one pipe level (wcup317 and wcup414e).
Rules | FAQ
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Pleeeaaase wait till autumn, don't want my summer spoiled.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

I'm absolutely sure they took your request into consideration! :wink:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Pleeeaaaase, make it in summer so i don't have no homeworks to do so i can play the freaking tournament.. ! :D
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

My even wilder guess.

1. sierra
2. squip
3. 8-ball
4. easygijs
5. juski
6. mullvad
7. tijsjoris
8. zworqy
9. undiente
10. eeh...
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

1. toringe
2. jalli
3. john
4. axxu
5. zweq
6. mr
7. luther
8. mp
9. totti
10. markku

but most likely people like markku, totti, mp, zweq and luther wont play all events or any at all?! it is VERY hard to guess now I think... we should make a geussing competition after 1st event.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

axxu
mp
karlis
zweq
bartek
jalli
john
mr
markku
abula

just thought of these in about 10 seconds, sorry if i forgot/offended someone
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Hey, don't forget Jalli's going to try to kick some Bergs' ass. :wink:
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

I'm not going to TRY to kick some Bergs' ass, I'm GONNA kick some Bergs' ass :P
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Maybe this "guessing" could have an own thread, instead of posting it here.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

ez CF ICE or FM will win

ramone pwns all ;***
MP
Hat Tricker²

omgz

Post by MP »

Jsim is right with his speculating. At least I won't höyl like last wcup. If you would've asked right after wc4 about whether I take part in next wcup I'd probably had laughed and asked is that a joke or something. Anyway it's been awhile and now thinking of the moments back then it's mainly good memories (like always, somehow you forget the bad ones more easily).
In a way it's temptating to play but I know I don't have the time and energy anymore. I might take part in every event with semi-höyl strategy IF there is 15 events or less. 20 was way too much last time. Also the playing of my teammates affects.

Here is the guess for top10:

1. Jalli
2. axxu
3. TorInge
4. ANpDaD
5. Zweq
6. John
7. The OooO
8. Luther
9. me
10. Karlis

Usually there is at least one or two total surprise players that nobody had thougt of. There are skilled players who aren't that active in the scene that we would immediately think of them. Russians and hungarians are a question mark, I hope their community pages will advertise wc5 to gather some more players. My pick was ANpDaD, really talented and plays also externals.

Then there is the "lazy oldtimers". Jokke, Jeppe, psy, Madman etc ..the list goes on. All they know that wcup is the biggest elma tournament there is, but most of them aren't that interested in höyling this same old game especially when it requires as much time as this does. I personally hope there will be players still up for the challenger, world cup without these familiar faces ain't the same as with a cast of total noobs. One must keep in mind that there has been even "elma retired" kuskis who have suddenly appeared to the scene just in time to (in wc4 kuiva, zynti, tapzu started again)

One thing that really makes the difference is that which teams are active, few examples:
FM: The most famous wcup team. At the moment not that active, Karlis and mr are playing (I can't even imagine the day they quit), but more than others they also know the effort what wcup needs if you want to good, especially Karlis who has taken part in every one of them. I know both of them are going to take part. Then there is Jokke and dz, I have no idea how much they have played elma in the last 6-12 months. Abu will play for sure but probably less than in wc4. Tisk doesn't have inet connection so he is probably out. My guess is that FM won't have the same spark as before.

ICE: Winner team for sure if they are going to play. If every member of team will take part it's like the worst case scenario in my eyes. Just imagine, Jalli will play for sure and then there is Tor. Even these two would be enough let along all the others. For instance, in some round Luther might find a nice style, Jalli improves small details and Stini invents a sick bounce (a bug of course). TorInge drives an insane time and then all others follow. The top5 is filled with ICE, yough that would look bad.

CF: okyz my team. First of all I hope ramone plays, he is famous of inventing nice styles. I might get some extra inspiration if Bart and magic will höyl, and if bart plays hard of course I have to beat him ;)

Then there is many others, WNO, MAN and blabla ..probably few lame teams just made for this cup.

You should keep in mind that wcup is the only tournament where there is also somekinda battle between countries, maybe not that intense but it's still there. FIN has really ruled in the past, how about now ....remember to kick your countrymen's ass to play some! (but not mine 8O )

The top fin kuskis who have a good change to take even the #1 spot are axxu and Zweq. Zweq don't even need to play 100% to do good.

All in all the question is who will play, and how much. This pre-talk don't lead anywhere but it's always fun, and a big part of wcup atmosphere. Enjoy the cup! (some mind find that one a bit sarcastic)
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Im just loving all the hype of world cup 5. I took part a little bit in world cup 4 don't think i got any points on any events but i loved watching the pro replays mostly from dmd afterwards. Now that i realize that world cup is more important then i thought at first back in wc4 days im going to holya with all my spare time which isn't much. Im sure quite a few peeps are as stoked as I am about this and this is where noobs can make a name for themselves and pro's can continue there dynasty. Holya like mad fellas.
Doddddy
Kuski

Post by Doddddy »

as much as i waited for this cup... i dont want it in summer cause now finish 12th grade and i have to get my diploma and pass at an university... so dont have time now... why dindt u make it a little earlier, in 2004 like it supposed to be? :roll:
Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Fack, i REALLY want to participate in this cup, but there are some problems.... All this spring will contain MAX exams etc, cuz i'm studying in teh Very_Coal school and in the last grade of it. Have to write exams outta school and then immediately i must pass exams to university.
Also, this fakken school isnt in my town and i dont have comp here(it is not allowed to bring compys to our hostel :X ---our rules sux ;P ).
So, no chance for me to participate if WC5 will start in teh spring. Summer(especially teh second half of it) is sach coal for hoyling ;D
And being teamless sux at wc-period.
!!!!Plz, start it later!!!!!!(i'll give u a sweety candy) ;D
px
Moporator

Post by px »

New info up.
| TT astonishing 47:08,75 | moposite.com | pxx.fi |
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

My guess is that like over 200 levels will be sent in :)
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Woo, new world cup! :D

Having this form-based thing will probably have lots of advantages contra the e-mail system, but wouldn't you think it might also be so that fewer people sends in (than would otherwise)? Not that it should, though, as it won't be too difficult to register here.
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I really hope people won't be distracted from sending in that way, although most participators with high competition ratio are already registered here.

The pro of this is that there wont be much email error shit. Imagine the worst scenario: moposite server goes down. Even then, there won't be people who didn't get into results, because everyone had the same problem.
MiEkk
Kuski

Post by MiEkk »

World Cup 5 will be cool, but I know I will get crushed no matter how hard I try, lol
TT = 41:40,xx | Canada Rules! [HHIT]
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

Why cant the endtime be moved from 1200eet to smth like 18-20.00 eet so u can play on a sunday! sunday sux anyway..that's what i think : )
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
px
Moporator

Post by px »

magicman wrote:Why cant the endtime be moved from 1200eet to smth like 18-20.00 eet so u can play on a sunday! sunday sux anyway..that's what i think : )
Because checking replays and making results takes time, and I don't want to be working late after midnight anymore, nor do you want to be waiting for results at that time either I'd guess..
| TT astonishing 47:08,75 | moposite.com | pxx.fi |
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

[lame kopa question]Dates on wcup site are the one that it's gonna be, or just examples?[/lame kopa question]
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Kopaka, real ones.

A very important thing in a form-based submitting is that it eases the updating work radically.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
ssor63
Kuski

Oh yes

Post by ssor63 »

Hey everybody. I'm new to the boards, but I've been playing Elma and visiting Moposite for about three years now. Never considered participating in a world cup until now, I think I'll do good.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

the 1200 deadline is good for us down here in the australasia, means we get until sunday midnight :P
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

What do you think so called "cup teams"? i personally think they honestly suck. you can't choose nationality according to your likings in real life sports cups either... stick with your team, that's what it's for. At least in official results.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Just wanted to know this :

If my Mopolauta nick is The_BoneLESS but my real nick is BoneLESS, will you use my Mopolauta one because the form for sending will use Mopolauta ?

I'd prefer BoneLESS instead of The_BoneLESS...
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

dz wrote:What do you think so called "cup teams"? i personally think they honestly suck. you can't choose nationality according to your likings in real life sports cups either... stick with your team, that's what it's for. At least in official results.
Ye, fuck those teams!
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything