Tricks that once was impossible but turned out to be easy

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Tricks that once was impossible but turned out to be easy

Post by Luther »

Have you ever experienced a trick that at first seemed totally impossible and that made you not play a level or even try a style with that trick to become surprisingly easy after some training and studying?

Personally I must say that after seeing Darm's Bowling I was convinced it was totally impossible, because I thought the bounce was as hard (or even harder) than the pipe (which was/is hard as hell). But I was wrong, and the bounce turned out to be really easy. Which leaves only the struggle with the pipe left, and the better pipe, the better time. And hence Darm's SaveLoaded Bowling is beatable, but indeed incredibly hard to beat, but still beatable.

I experienced the same thing with the new end in Tag, which I was totally convinced was impossible at first (and I didn't even bother to play the style), but that turned out an "every day" trick after some practice and rec-studying as well. Surprise surprise.

Those were some of my experiences, and if you have one or two please do share them as well.

/Luther
Nekit for president
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Animal farm rooster is very very easy when you realize how it works. I could do it like one out of three tries.
pedro
Kuski

Post by pedro »

well before i thought getting to freefall polygon was impossible but after studying the style and a little from my fellow MKers, i now manege to get there whenever i want. now all i ned is being able to get back whenever i want.
TT=44:59:63
proud member of team [MK]

sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

almost every trick i ever try seems easy after i do it

maybe i don't try hard enough tricks
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

ez experienced many times, when having quite much worse tt I thought I would never do styles that I now at these days think is really ez...
It's natural part of elmaplaying
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

the warm up style was for my impossible with the alovolt at first...struggled to get under 15.00 with just going over the hill normally....but this style turned out te be really really easy after some playing :)...
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

freefall was impossible once. now i can do it to the triangle 9 out of 10 times for sure. the real pain in the ass is getting back ;X
39:37,91
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i can name 54 different internal levs where styles looked impossible some years ago
[carebox]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I'm experiencing this all the time now since Wednesday last week.. :)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

I tried to finish elma at once, without dying or pressing ESC today..... Died at Expert system :S :( But now i know that i can ez do some tricks!
Some time ago i thought that this Haircut wr-style is impossible.... hm, now i can do it with closed eyes.. same with twin peaks, new wave, headbanger, labpro etc etc etc etc
Every day i find that some "omfg-so-insane-style-i-thought-two-days-ago" is ez for me now....

p.s. bowling is impasibel :D
Flyrre
Kuski

Post by Flyrre »

I first thought that the last bounce on Ziggy was impossible but after som training, it was so ez when you got the trick :)

Same with Curvaceous style, so ez now :)
[GF] ;)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I guess Luther is right, but about all new styles (new here means: styles I haven´t bothered doing yet) seems really hard. I tested some of them, but I guess just too little. Only when I was more beginner I wasted time to learn styles/tricks. Not so patient anymore...
Elasto Mania - ez better
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

He He bounce around 18 secs or so, looked hard, but when i tried it it turned out to be VERY easy, like 99% doing it.
Also apple harvest brutal (for doing it 1 round) looked hard, but now it's also very easy, I even did it in a 1h tt battle
[TT=1:01.67] || < [AC] >, Go