Wich styles you just dont GET?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

milagros wrote:
Juski wrote:elma doesnt do dirextX you should check your vsync settings in OpenGL
nah, elma is directx
then i is wrong :o
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Fluff
39mins club

Post by Fluff »

Flat Track 4ever :evil:
Last edited by Fluff on 26 Apr 2006, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.
AC member | Team TT = 37:5x,xx || TT = 39:15.61/ avgTT = 40:09,776 |
updated 12/13/2006 8.23pm
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Call me stupid, but I don't get the style in sink.. :roll:
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

teh flattrack ;(
Image ^_^
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

tijsjoris wrote:Call me stupid, but I don't get the style in sink.. :roll:
Which parts?
Total Time: 38:35,14
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Mainly the second part where you do those two wheels into the little cornerpiece and volt right (?)
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

I cant make FF ffs :(
Seize the day
Dynamo
38mins club

Post by Dynamo »

Haha yes that part is quite inconsistent for me, you just have to make sure ur wheels stay on the ground before it...try right volting on the corner before it
Total Time: 38:35,14
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

i dont get FF at all, steppes, preca and other hoyla levs. +curva.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

tijsjoris wrote:Mainly the second part where you do those two wheels into the little cornerpiece and volt right (?)
Dynamo wrote:Haha yes that part is quite inconsistent for me, you just have to make sure ur wheels stay on the ground before it...try right volting on the corner before it
Strange... for me that part is nothign special, just a part in the style-free hoyla route in theat level until the end...

The first time I saw it in a rec i just thought "Oh, that's faster? OK." and then I did it in every run since. 8)
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yea, but you're inhuman!

Anyway I do it now 1 out of 3, so that's ok.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I don't get the Jaws bounce... maybe some Vsync adjustments i don't make...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Dahle
Kuski

Post by Dahle »

Many styles I can't do, but the one that I really should manage to do is enigma. I just don't get it:( The killers are easy, but I don't get enough speed to jump to the island. And the bounce seems too hard...
TT: 42.xx.xx
Team LOS
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Dahle wrote:Many styles I can't do, but the one that I really should manage to do is enigma. I just don't get it:( The killers are easy, but I don't get enough speed to jump to the island. And the bounce seems too hard...
As you can see in my rec...
http://zworqy.com/up/files/L47.rec
...when I get over the killers I take my finger off accelerate for a very small time while I rotate right to the slope. This gives a good position for the bounce up to the island. If you were to hold accelerate while rotating, you'd rotate too far back and die.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

When you spin around the killers, try not to hit the break button, or only a bit because, that's the main cause of non bouncing...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i break during going through the killers
[carebox]
Dahle
Kuski

Post by Dahle »

Hehe, a lot of information there:) I will try it out soon, and thanks for helping!
TT: 42.xx.xx
Team LOS
Bogart
Kuski

Post by Bogart »

Is it possible to do it non-braking?
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Bogart wrote:Is it possible to do it non-braking?
Sure.. if you turn around and speed :lol:
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I truly don't get the style in animal farm. I simply don't get it.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

tijsjoris wrote:I truly don't get the style in animal farm. I simply don't get it.
i have sort of the same problem, my com just almost cant do the chicken shortcut :(
Proud Member Of RDK
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

When I maximised all graphic candy (antialiasing, that stuff) it suddenly felt easier doing it. Still it's too hard. :cry:
H8
Kuski

Post by H8 »

Chicken shortcut was one of the first styles i got, it's really easy :)
Quick Round is worse, i never get the right angle with the right speed up the final hill :( ( haven't really tried yet though... )
41:47,70
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i have a problem with the freefall start, i just don't get this little jump after 1 or 2 seconds,...
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

hang tight, i cant improve, sometimes i get quite sicko bounces but still nat best time.
best time: 25.33
average: 25:371
:/
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Then it's about time you start changing your style :wink: Check move by move. ez works :)
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

I cannot get uphill battle brutal style. Please, help, explain, how to do so-called by Xiphias "Ground Bounce" ?
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

berhabdul wrote:I cannot get uphill battle brutal style. Please, help, explain, how to do so-called by Xiphias "Ground Bounce" ?
Well you don't actually need to do any bounce... but try with VSync OFF.. helps alot

edit: An ez rec to show that there's no need for a bounce.
http://mxb.dk/upload/05NoBoun.rec
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Xiphias wrote:try with VSync OFF.. helps alot
Have you noticed any desirable FPS that works best? Or were you only playing without vsync without looking at FPS?

I was thinking about a list of levels and their desirable FPS in general. To be more specific there could be desirable FPS for different main tricks. You know, level has two tricks; first needs maximum FPS and the other lower FPS, make the first trick without map & timer and after that quickly put map & timer on to lower FPS to make the other trick easier.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

dz wrote:
Xiphias wrote:
berhabdul wrote:try with VSync OFF.. helps alot
Have you noticed any desirable FPS that works best? Or were you only playing without vsync without looking at FPS?
Well of what i've experienced with FPS is that it doesn't show anything. i tested it on my laptop with fraps by the game running smoothly (FPS = 60-61) and i tested the game lagging alot (FPS = 60-61)
but there might be some explenation to that.
anyways.

I don't really care what fps i have.. as long as the game runs as smooth as possible.

Elma12XP or MediaPlayer (simply runnning in the background) is the answer to that question.

Edit: Forgot to say what FPS i have.
It's normally 999
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Xiphias wrote:i tested it on my laptop with fraps by the game running smoothly (FPS = 60-61) and i tested the game lagging alot (FPS = 60-61)
but there might be some explenation to that.
I'm not completely sure with this but when elma lags it's because of other factors, not FPS so I think you can have 999FPS and elma can still lag. Elma is so sensitive for random disk writes and all opereting system actions. I had a simple network monitor application for KDE and elma lagged steadily every 3 seconds. Too bad, it was such a nice application.
Xiphias wrote:I don't really care what fps i have.. as long as the game runs as smooth as possible.
Yes that was what I was asking for. Btw if you have vsync off there is no way you could have 60FPS, maybe if you play with a P1 or something.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Xiphias wrote:I don't really care what fps i have.. as long as the game runs as smooth as possible.
Yes that was what I was asking for. Btw if you have vsync off there is no way you could have 60FPS, maybe if you play with a P1 or something.[/quote]Well my laptop has the vsync feature but it doesn't affect anything On or Off is exactly the same. But when i play with 999 fps thats coz i have another computer. Stationary computer (i think it's called that) which has kinda good on/off settings.

My dads computer had much better though :(
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Ah yes laptop, I'm not very familiar how these things go on that side, but my wild guess is that there is no vsync affect in laptop simply because there is no need for it because the lcd doesn't refresh screen like crt. But that's just my guess.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

it's wrong, i'm playing on a laptop, and there is a difference
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

It may also be because i have this OLD CRAPPY laptop.. and the settings are actually called.

OpenGL
-> bla
-> bla
-> VSync On/Off

and there's also

Direct3D
-> bla
-> bla
-> VSync On/Off

never found out which to chose.. but neither seem to make any difference.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

d3d, Xiph
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Dz, are you saying that all flatscreens are not dependent of vsync? Because on mine it definitely makes a difference wether I have it turned on or off.
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

my flatscreen on pc was like that too, vsync off was very different to on. with on it was smooth, uphill brutal was very jerky and prety much impossible. with off the screen flickered, there was much more grip, and brutals/bounces were smoother and more powerful

on laptops i dont think vsync on/off difference is as noticable, certainly not on sierra's laptop
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

vsync is a graphics card driver setting, monitor has nothing to do with it
fps depends on processor, ram, graphics card etc
last.fm profile
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

tijsjoris wrote:Dz, are you saying that all flatscreens are not dependent of vsync?
No that was my wild guess as I think I mentioned. Seems to me the guess didn't went too good.

I've heard that on lcd the refresh rate 'seems to be' 60hz. If that's true then naturally with vsync the FPS will be limited to 60 thus making a big difference in gameplay.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

So I guess people with ATI's are then better or worse of than people with nVidia's?

I wonder how this all works, it all seems like magic to me, but there has to be some system in it.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

u can swich vsync on/off both on nvidia and ati cards
what dont u understand? it's been said like hundreds of time that when vsync's off frame rate is limited to the number that your monitor can browse in current resolution (for example my samsung can browse up to 120Hz in 640x480, 100Hz in 8oox6oo and 85Hz in 1024x786, i deleted all other modes btw)
than when u turn it off number of frames per second arent limited (it can be used for example for benchmarking or sumtin like comparing hardware or whatever in other aplications since theres no need to run a game or whatever in higher frame rate than your monitor can browse, cuz it still browses that let's say 85fps) by your screen but the graphic card, number of ram and processor
fps is affected mostly by the timer in elma so when u turn it off it grows, you can check it with shareware program called Fraps
if u got an ati card u can disable/enable vsync in d3d options (vertical synchronization, probably u gotta translate this to ur own language xD ), u got 3 optios there: always off, aplication controlled (means on in most cases) and always on, and first u gotta check a box called 'usuer's' in '3d settings for:' menu or sumting like that, i got polish menus and control panels not the control center which sux but anyway u can ez find it there too
if u got a geforce, u can find it in global driver settings as vertical sync, u have to uncheck the 'aplication-controlled' box

nothing more to understand i guess :roll:
whats more xD u can also both get good times without giving a fuck about all that vsync like Ramzi does and be a sucky player using it like me
there is a diffrence in gameplay though especially in bounce levels (like uphill, but still i dont see big difference between 4xxfps in 1024x786 - did 20.92 - and and 999fps - did 20.90 in 640x480 and still that resolution sux on a flat 17", Korab does that bounce and doesnt change vsync settings, hes got 20.91)
max off topick ;/
last.fm profile
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

wieloryb wrote:if u got an ati card u can disable/enable vsync in d3d options
where can i access these
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

i dont know if u use control panels or control center or just makin fun (if so someone else might find it useful) :roll: anyways
i can show u how one do that in control panels: right click on the deskop -> properties -> settings -> advanced -> 3d
->
->
sorey i got polish menus (if youre running control panels i wont make such n00b tutorial for you cuz i wont dl it, you should figure it out on your own ;/ )

for nvidia users:
right click on the deskop -> properties -> settings -> advanced
->
(uncheck aplicattion controlled)
i thought my previous post is enough for male pc users :lol:
the driver menus can differ form version to version but plz use your heads ppl
last.fm profile
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

oh i thought you meant ATI card as in.. the ones built into laptops as mine is. it's the SiS M760GX and i dont have any of those special menus in advanced display settings. i dont even think my graphics card has a vsync property as such
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

No, I was just wondering how much the "vsync effect" differs from computer to computer, depending on different videocards, processors, ram etc. I am wondering this because some people have impossible computers and can't pull off tricks on theirs and when they play on another computer it suddenly becomes way easy. So, is the way how elma reacts to your actions different on computers with different kinds of ram (with vsync off)? I hope you get what I mean.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

With vsync ON the FPS is set to some value and shouldnt vary much from different computers, with vsync OFF it can vary very much, like luther's >1000 FPS to noob comps 100 fps, but i dont know how much the elma physics is affected by FPS.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

tijsjoris wrote:No, I was just wondering how much the "vsync effect" differs from computer to computer, depending on different videocards, processors, ram etc. I am wondering this because some people have impossible computers and can't pull off tricks on theirs and when they play on another computer it suddenly becomes way easy. So, is the way how elma reacts to your actions different on computers with different kinds of ram (with vsync off)? I hope you get what I mean.
than i told ya i dont see difference between 4xxfps and 999fps (and fraps views up to 999).
i'm not the best person to be asked about impsyness of some tricks or whatever and its dependance on frame rate, anyways i highly doubt it (that u need some max pc to make sumtin in elma lol or its harder on such pc)...
prolly if those ppl would try to turn vsync off/on and try different resolutions and test with timer on/off they woulda ez make it. i think it's either luck or autosuggestion though and generally i dont care much, ppl claim bigger bullshit all the time :lol:
some guyz can do better styl0rz and times during a 10mins balle than i woulda do in some hours of hoyling or ever on taht level u know!i omg it's magic my pc is broken i;m too impatient i got no talents i'm retarded i got onley 1 hand i play with a stick in my mouth i'm half blind, i'm too fat i drink too much beer i dont sleep enough blh blh whatever who cares i dont pray enough and all in all i'm a fuckin mongoloid
last.fm profile
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

tijsjoris wrote:No, I was just wondering how much the "vsync effect" differs from computer to computer, depending on different videocards, processors, ram etc. I am wondering this because some people have impossible computers and can't pull off tricks on theirs and when they play on another computer it suddenly becomes way easy.
I strongly believe that all the "difference between computers" is simply the difference in FPS.

A guy plays at home vsync OFF and has problems with trick x, then he goes at his parents place and puts vsync OFF also but suprise, he can do the trick much easier now. What's the deal here? Some strange difference between computers? No. It's simply the difference in FPS. That guys home computer is powerful and with vsync OFF he can get very high FPS. But when he plays at his parents old unpowerful computer he cant get very high FPS without vsync because the computer just can't handle high FPS. And the reason why the trick x is easier with the old computer is because the trick can be done easier with low FPS. It can be also that the trick can't be done at all also with very low FPS, in other words the trick might require 200-500FPS, not less or not more. That's why the guy does that easily with the old computer. And he cannot have vsync ON either because that would limit the FPS to < 160.

Hope I explained it clear enough.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

ye i think so too dz and also meant it before but clitoris keeps askin questions with quite obvious answers like a lil stubborn kiddo... and same as that kid he seems not to listen to what u sain nor understandin and askin next questions at once on and on xD blah
i think vsync is on as default so these stories sound like fairy tales to me but still its possible :?
Last edited by wjelo on 20 Aug 2006, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
last.fm profile