I have insider information regarding Elasto Mania

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

maybe hib is already making elma 2 :roll:

slender told me it has something to do with source files (which he wanted to buy)
and that thing you can see only in source files, not assemblered
so the only possiblity is 'some weird commentars'
[carebox]
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

milagros wrote:maybe hib is already making elma 2 :roll:

slender told me it has something to do with source files (which he wanted to buy)
and that thing you can see only in source files, not assemblered
so the only possiblity is 'some weird commentars'
no, I didnt tell you that it was something to do with the source files, I told you that people would beleive my story when it came from the 'source' being balazs. Slight miss comunication ;)
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

some may aswell of made a site where it listed all the kuskis who dislike slenderbelly, maybe then there would be 5 posts in this topic instead of 50+

i personally believe that slenderbelly knows something, and i can understand why he would "brag". Balasz would have told him, and he would have been like "OMFG, i know something about elma that no other kuski knows" then he would have thought that he should let people know that he knows something, but also let people know that something new in elma is about to come.

I have no doubt that many of other n00b kuskis would have done the same thing that slenderbelly did. I also believe if it were someone else, then you wouldn't have "attacked" them, well atleast not so harshly.
mcleod
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

bob wrote: i personally believe that slenderbelly knows something, and i can understand why he would "brag". Balasz would have told him, and he would have been like "OMFG, i know something about elma that no other kuski knows" then he would have thought that he should let people know that he knows something, but also let people know that something new in elma is about to come.

I have no doubt that many of other n00b kuskis would have done the same thing that slenderbelly did. I also believe if it were someone else, then you wouldn't have "attacked" them, well atleast not so harshly.
spot on, thats exactly what happened. When I realised I knew something no one else on lauta did I got caught up in the excitement and posted, maybe on second though I should have said nothing....but im not good at keeping secrets.
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

SlenderBelly wrote:
bob wrote: i personally believe that slenderbelly knows something, and i can understand why he would "brag". Balasz would have told him, and he would have been like "OMFG, i know something about elma that no other kuski knows" then he would have thought that he should let people know that he knows something, but also let people know that something new in elma is about to come.

spot on, thats exactly what happened. When I realised I knew something no one else on lauta did I got caught up in the excitement and posted, maybe on second though I should have said nothing....but im not good at keeping secrets.
if that's really what happened, then it isn't really a secret. you just didn't want to tell us so we can be jealous in you, or something. but now as you admitted your foolishness, may you just finally tell us all what this secret is all about?
Epsilon | TT : 45:42,82 | Elma Around the World | Smile levpack
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Epsilon wrote:
SlenderBelly wrote:

if that's really what happened, then it isn't really a secret. you just didn't want to tell us so we can be jealous in you, or something. but now as you admitted your foolishness, may you just finally tell us all what this secret is all about?
well, it is a secret only im supposed to know. I do hold balazs in high regard so I dont want to do something he has specifically told me not to. All I will say is "I think its pretty obvious". That should be enough.
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

mcleod
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

ez wait half year and see if something really happens, if not then we know slenderbelly hasnt changed after all...
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

i bet during this half a year SB will come with at least 5 more stupid threads like this so we won't even remember this one :P
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

John wrote:ez wait half year and see if something really happens, if not then we know slenderbelly hasnt changed after all...
eh, if it came to that I would post the entire emails onto lauta including headers and all the rest of it.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i think slenderbelly is new prophet. god has told him new version is coming out, because he bribed god. then no one will believe it was "the news" because any news could be considered this. btw i knew dmd was a cheater four days before it was released, but i didn't want to put a lame topic like this; i could handle news.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i knew it 4 or 5 days before (as far as i remember)
[carebox]
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

And you posted something about it, during those 4-5 days. ;)
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

why do u all give him the attention that he wants?? just do NOT post in Slenders silly topics and they will disappear.
Proud Member Of RDK
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Ok, so he posted his first thing on the 7th of September, then said we'll all know in half a year.
So if we dont hear anything by the 7th of March, then we'll all know for sure (yeah yeah, "as if we dont already") that hes full of shiat.
Well, ok, lets give him a bit of room, games often get pushed back, so how about 7th of April?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Well what about 1st april much more fun, cause its teh idiath day!
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Sad to see this bragging. And "im not good at keeping secrets". See yourself, you are giving hints by hints and once you cross the line.

I think Balázs has told same things to you which I know (feel free to PM me though). But that's not even near to biggest secrets of Elma and its future (hey, now it's me bragging).
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Totti
Kuski

Post by Totti »

SlenderBelly I have a couple of questions for you.

1. What were you planning to do when you wanted to buy all rights of Elasto Mania? For me, you are just "someone out there", you are not known for makeing patches or driving good times, so basically you haven´t ever shown any love of the game itself. It´s really confusing me.

2. Why do you wan´t to be something in the scene? Why can´t you just be a player like the rest of us? If you really wan´t some respect or to be remembered go drive wr´s and stuff like that.

I´d really like you to answer these questions, like a grown up.
There is no criticism involved at all, Im just asking becasue Í´m curious

-Totti
Last edited by Totti on 11 Sep 2004, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Lol, I totally agree with bartie. Once a ... always a .../
And I totally don't believe a new thing will be released within a half year.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Totti wrote:SlenderBelly I have a couple of questions for you.

1. What were you planning to do when you wanted to buy all rights of Elasto Mania? For me, you are just "someone out there", you are not known for makeing patches or driving good times, so basically you haven´t ever shown any love of the game itself. It´s really confusing me.
talk with hibertus firstly about whether he wanted to create the new game for me at a fixed price. If not, I would have asked people via lauta and elastomaniac if they were interested. If not, I would have paid a programmer to create a new elma for me taking into account all the posts in the New Version section.
2. Why do you wan´t to be something in the scene? Why can´t you just be a player like the rest of us? If you really wan´t some respect or to be remembered go drive wr´s and stuff like that.
maybe because thats just not what I want to do. Everyone is different, I dont have a big desire to get a WR, and even if I tried, I probably wouldnt be good enough. Its that simple.
I´d really like you to answer these questions, like a grown up.
There is no criticism involved at all, Im just asking becasue Í´m curious

-Totti
like a grown up? Lol.....stop patronizing me 8)
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

Hihihihihihihi :D I'm sorry, you've completely lost me. Anyone else have a clue what he's talking about? :o

[A blinking banner]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Come on slender, why do you even care about this game, without playing it for a slightly bit inside the scene. It makes us wonder about your goodwill, which I think is to be found far far away.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

tijsjoris wrote:And I totally don't believe a new thing will be released within a half year.
Well if he did said something, I think the change is there.

I remember when MopoGirl would make elmashop, she asked Balazs permission, but he said that he wanted to make one himself. Then I think it was Abula said, that, that wouldn't happen before he made elma 7. But he did make it sometime after.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

tijsjoris wrote:Come on slender, why do you even care about this game, without playing it for a slightly bit inside the scene. It makes us wonder about your goodwill, which I think is to be found far far away.
um excuse me, I first played Across in 1998 right when it first came out. I then played Elma in 2000 when it came out, and have been playing it on and off since then. I first joined lauta in early 2003 and was then banned, and came back this year. Altough people may think im new to elma, im not, and I have been into it for a lot longer than most.
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

SlenderBelly wrote: um excuse me, I first played Across in 1998 right when it first came out. I then played Elma in 2000 when it came out, and have been playing it on and off since then. I first joined lauta in early 2003 and was then banned, and came back this year. Altough people may think im new to elma, im not, and I have been into it for a lot longer than most.
I'm just bored atm, so don't take this too serious. First of all, across came out 1997. Second, playing a game on and off like that doesn't make you "into" it imho. I haven't seen your times on a single best time table, and if you are into it at all, at least one of your times would be found in some table. There are maaaany tables that every "n00b" can get times on :*
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Jalli wrote:
SlenderBelly wrote: um excuse me, I first played Across in 1998 right when it first came out. I then played Elma in 2000 when it came out, and have been playing it on and off since then. I first joined lauta in early 2003 and was then banned, and came back this year. Altough people may think im new to elma, im not, and I have been into it for a lot longer than most.
I'm just bored atm, so don't take this too serious. First of all, across came out 1997. Second, playing a game on and off like that doesn't make you "into" it imho. I haven't seen your times on a single best time table, and if you are into it at all, at least one of your times would be found in some table. There are maaaany tables that every "n00b" can get times on :*
I honestly thought it came out in 98, my mistake. Maybe I just don't see any reason to submit a time to a n00b table?
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

What tijs ment i think is that why do you care when you hardly plays the game anymore??
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

SlenderBelly wrote:
Jalli wrote:
I honestly thought it came out in 98, my mistake. Maybe I just don't see any reason to submit a time to a n00b table?
N00b-tables wasn't what I meant. I was wondering why you never sent to any tables at all...
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

SlenderBelly wrote:
Totti wrote: 1. What were you planning to do when you wanted to buy all rights of Elasto Mania?
talk with hibertus firstly about whether he wanted to create the new game for me at a fixed price. If not, I would have asked people via lauta and elastomaniac if they were interested. If not, I would have paid a programmer to create a new elma for me taking into account all the posts in the New Version section.
Hmm.. If this would have happened, I don't think you'd get that many from the current scene to play the new game. In general, people feel that a new version has to be made by Balazs.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

SlenderBelly wrote:
Jalli wrote:
that's exactly your problem. you think you're such a good player just because you played across in the year it went out or whatever. and then you think that time tables that suit you're elma level are too n00bish for you. you just can't be some ordinary kuski like everyone. you want people to admire you, but no one does. too bad.
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

I guess this is just another lame bragging topic by SlenderBelly (~_~)
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Epsilon wrote:
SlenderBelly wrote:
Jalli wrote:
that's exactly your problem. you think you're such a good player just because you played across in the year it went out or whatever. and then you think that time tables that suit you're elma level are too n00bish for you. you just can't be some ordinary kuski like everyone. you want people to admire you, but no one does. too bad.
actually thats the total oppisite of my problem. My problem is that I suck at elma in regards to getting good times, which is why I dont bother submitting my times to the tables.

People to admire me? Im not asking anyone to admire me, im just asking for a fair go and for people to stop giving me insults after insults just because im 'slenderbelly'.

If anyone else had of started this topic you would have been a lot different, anyway this is pointless, no matter what I try and do I always get shit, so dont worry about it, and close the thread too since its being trashed with person shit about me.

I try helping lauta by proving a fairly large FTP account for Abulas use with no benefit to me, I make nothing out of it. I at least give you guys a hint about some secret news instead of keeping you in the dark. I try my hand at starting an elma website which has been fairly successful, and despite everything I try and do people say im bragging, or im stupid, im a n00b, im an idiot. If you want people to get involved in elma I sure as hell hope you dont treat people like you have treated me, because the elma scene will slowly erode.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

BarTek wrote:Att you guys orka i cant understand 8O
I would be extremely interested in knowing what that means ^
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

that he doesnt understand you guys or sumthin
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

BarTek wrote:i dont understand how you all ppl have energy for this, just finnis the topic and move on. Well see in healf year
my 2nd last post was regarding the bigger picture of everyones seeming hate of me, its really depressing now when i come to lauta and expect to just see useless insults.......
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

SlenderBelly wrote:
BarTek wrote:i dont understand how you all ppl have energy for this, just finnis the topic and move on. Well see in healf year
my 2nd last post was regarding the bigger picture of everyones seeming hate of me, its really depressing now when i come to lauta and expect to just see useless insults.......
then stop making useless topics, didnt u learn ur lesson last time???
Proud Member Of RDK
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

petsen wrote:
SlenderBelly wrote:
then stop making useless topics, didnt u learn ur lesson last time???
YELLS:

Useless fricken topics? USELESS TOPICS? I cant take this anymore. Elasto Mania 2 is going to be coming out. THERE I SAID IT. Here are the fricking emails which are unedited and are not fake:
Dear Daniel,

I'm sorry for the delay. After a few years of not working on the game now
it seems that I will have some free time in connection with my daytime job.
And I'm preparing to make a new version. So I don't plan to sell the rights
to the game right now. But I appreciate your offer, thank you. This is not
quite public information yet, so please do not publish it. Thanks,

Balazs

>Dear Balazs,
>
>I am a fan of Elasto Mania and I also run elastomaniac.com.
>
>I have recently been thinking about purchasing full rights to Elasto
>Mania, including the website and everything (source code of course). I
>would then get together a group of programmers to create Elasto Mania v2.0
>which is so sort after in the elma scene. I would really appreciate it if
>you could email me back with a price you think is reasonable for the full
>rights to elma (please be aware I am only one individual so please set a
>reasonable price). If you MSN please add me:
><mailto:me@danielsanto.com>me@danielsanto.com
>
>Thank you, and I look forward to talking with you more,
>
>Daniel Santo
>PO Box 2058 Greenvale
>Victoria 3059
>Australia
>PH: +61 3 93336050
><http://www.elastomaniac.com>www.elastomaniac.com
there are you fucking happy? God, lauta is making me sick. This isnt made up, this isnt useless, this is what everyone has apparantly been waiting for, so STFU and stop putting me down all the fucking time. Jesus Christ!
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

Hm, you probably shouldn't have written that 8O
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

i hope this isn't true

Elma 2 would SUCK

"if it isn't broken, don't fix it" :(
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
jw
Kuski
Team: raam65

Post by jw »

petsen wrote:why do u all give him the attention that he wants?? just do NOT post in Slenders silly topics and they will disappear.
but why did you post in this topic, i didn't before now

but i know something too and probably the same thing what SB knows, in half a year i can maybe say: yeah, i allready knew it, but since i'm good in keeping secrets i will shut up about this for now, but i just wanted you all to know that i knew it about 3 weeks before SB did
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

oh yea sure

i also knew all about it, please think i am cool too, Balazs told me first
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
jw
Kuski

Post by jw »

Dear jw,

Thanks for your mail. After a few years of not working on the game now
And I'm preparing to make a new version. I plan to sell the rights
to the game, but please don't tell SlenderBelly right now. But I understand if you post it on MopoLauta.
Thanks,

B
edited: just to be sure nobdoy takes this post serious: this was mend to be a joke 8O
Last edited by jw on 18 Sep 2004, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
jw
Kuski

Post by jw »

sierra wrote: "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" :(
dear sierra,
is the upper quote yours?
do you mind if i use that quote in the future?
kind regards,
jw
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

SlenderBelly wrote:Useless fricken topics? USELESS TOPICS? I cant take this anymore. Elasto Mania 2 is going to be coming out. THERE I SAID IT. Here are the fricking emails which are unedited and are not fake:
Dear Daniel,

I'm sorry for the delay. After a few years of not working on the game now
And I'm preparing to make a new version. So I don't plan to sell the rights
to the game right now. But I appreciate your offer, thank you. This is not
quite public information yet, so please do not publish it. Thanks,

Balazs

>Dear Balazs,
>
>I am a fan of Elasto Mania and I also run elastomaniac.com.
>
>I have recently been thinking about purchasing full rights to Elasto
>Mania, including the website and everything (source code of course). I
>would then get together a group of programmers to create Elasto Mania v2.0
>which is so sort after in the elma scene. I would really appreciate it if
>you could email me back with a price you think is reasonable for the full
>rights to elma (please be aware I am only one individual so please set a
>reasonable price). If you MSN please add me:
>
>Thank you, and I look forward to talking with you more,
>
>Daniel Santo
>PO Box 2058 Greenvale
>Victoria 3059
>Australia
>PH: +61 3 93336050
><http://www.elastomaniac.com>www.elastomaniac.com
there are you fucking happy? God, lauta is making me sick. This isnt made up, this isnt useless, this is what everyone has apparantly been waiting for, so STFU and stop putting me down all the fucking time. Jesus Christ!
So SlenderBelly crossed the line. Fine. Good that Balázs didn't tell more to him. I believe Balázs would tell this same story to everyone else who asked the same thing.

SlenderBelly asked me to delete this thread by PM but it's too late now, sorry mate. Too bad you didn't have guts. From now don't begin to spam Balázs by emails, please. I think he'll give public info when it's necessary.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

if i have the info i would probably spread it too (me teh noab)
sad that new elma's coming out, soon quit..
[carebox]
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

I wonder. If Balázs's name is correctly written with an acute over the second a, then I believe that every time he writes it himself, he uses the acute. In Slender's quoted mail, there is no acute over the a in the response from Balazs. It still isn't a proof, though, that this mail is faked. But there is a high chance it is now. And also if it isn't, I don't see any reason for Slender to spread it, nor for starting this topic. And if he blames us for making him spread it, it's the weakest accuse I've ever heard.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

I dont get why he is suprised to get this response, i think its actuly his fault that he started this topic. Then i dont think that email is faked, in fact JW pasted almost the same response, so im glad to hear that!
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i don't think balazs has to use those acutes and so on cause i don't use them neither (even in my name)
you have to change keyboard or insert symbol or whatever
i guess it's not fake
[carebox]
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

change keyboard? not really... his name is hungarian ans so á is a letter in hungarian and thus it appears on the hungarian keyboard layout, which means it's the same effort for him to type á as to type a.
but let's forget that. it really doesn't matter.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i use us layout default
there are some reasons for that
[carebox]