What happens when our asian brothers start playing elma ?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

What happens when our asian brothers start playing elma ?

Post by Guest »

I bet all of you have seen how they complete megaman2 in like 30mins and supermario world records etc...they are the ultimate gameing ppl. what do you think will happen if they start playing elma? like headbanger in freggin 39.xx or sumefing ?
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

ahem. smw records? i think every wr on an console is holded by an american and/or european
hilamr
Kuski

Re: What happens when our asian brothers start playing elma

Post by hilamr »

DCtheman wrote:I bet all of you have seen how they complete megaman2 in like 30mins and supermario world records etc...they are the ultimate gameing ppl. what do you think will happen if they start playing elma? like headbanger in freggin 39.xx or sumefing ?
Do u know where I can find that megaman2 video??
Image TT: 43:16:22
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

http://speeddemosarchive.com/mm2.html
and his name doesnt sound very Asian to me :?

Post by Guest »

http://www.own-age.com/vids/search.aspx ... &match=any

doesnt seem very american/european...of course, there are those that actually know the korean language...
this is a 28.xx min vid...
and every other game, you can bet there is one asian that's so much sicker. maybe not in quake, but starcraft and all rts games...there are one or two that's not asian in top 10 world...but they rox..
Flyrre
Kuski

Post by Flyrre »

Well, first of all, these movies are made on emulators and with help of save/load etc. Each section of the game are played over and over again until perfection is reached. Did you really think anyone could play through a whole game without any misstakes? Think again.

But there are two types of movies, speedruns and time attacks. Speedruns are played without any emulators and save load so these movies are "real". But time attacks are made for entertainment and also tho see how fast the game could be done in but no one will ever do that. It is possible but still not since most movies also abuses luck.

For example Mega Man movies, let's say Mega Man 1. Luck is manipulated to make enemies drop energy continers to refill weapons etc.

So these players would not be better than any other player unless they do like Darm and use save/load ;)
[GF] ;)

Post by Guest »

i agree to that, but i'm not only talking about these games. there aren't save/load in starcraft, tetris, aracade macines. there are so many things that they just rox in. at least small shit-things...who wants to be able to solve a rubix-cube in 20sek? (sorry, no link to that clip. try www.big-boys.com or www.boreme.com)

i'm just saying that with so many ppl, it's strange no one plays pro-elma. i think they could be really good. seems that they have it in their blood to be best in fnny things.
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Well said Flyrre. For more information check http://bisqwit.iki.fi/nesvideos/.

Though japanese are passionate when it comes to gaming, though I don't think they are so keen in pc games... more into console games, but that's just my picture of it.
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

DCtheman wrote:at least small shit-things...who wants to be able to solve a rubix-cube in 20sek?
the best is 9,05 sec and is made by a german
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

well why isn't there at least ONE person from out there in the scene?
Total Time: 38:35,14
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

They probably just don't know about it... that's my five cents
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

bcs they cant read english letters
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

maybe there already is an asian elma scene of which "we" dont know and they dont know of "us"...
maybe some banana 35 TT or whatever....
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

asian ppl will find hexxi liek they do in all games and then they will zerg us max forever :(
Image ^_^
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

i introduced the game to an asian friend just now. he said he played the game in high school. he went to high school in chona. thought i'd let you know.
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

there was a topic here some time long ago that had a link to an asian site, i think maybe it was kopaka that found it
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yes, there were sucky levels there. :)
Mullvad
Kuski

not worry

Post by Mullvad »

I think that if the Asian would be good at Elma they would already hade some dudes on the WR list. I mean with all the Asian surfing on the net and playing games over internet I think that some real freak players most have fun Elasto Mania but they maybe wasn't so good on it as we in the north of Europe (and some people in other countrys) and therefore isn't playing elma so addictiv like we do.

But thats you what I think.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Maybe, as all asians seem quite good at pushing one button with a 400 beats per minute, they don't get how to accelerate.

Perhaps they just keep tapping the up button, until they get like 2 inches further, and give it up. :wink:
ELMA PRO
Banned

Post by ELMA PRO »

yeah asians sure are stupid, all of them