Who does th0t?! We hate cheat0rz!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

wwwDotcoM
Kuski

Who does th0t?! We hate cheat0rz!

Post by wwwDotcoM »

I mean I've seen Luther's 55:34 rec, he goes near this polygon too, but not THAT near.. I mean, who does that?! So perfect run, an obvious WR so far and then out of nowhere you go for 2 or three millimeters from some edge just for no aparent reason risking to kill yoself.. No matter how incredibly coal kuski you are, I'm sure you won't take such risk if not assured by an "save/load" option/cheat. My point is, as far as seeing this rec when it got released in the past, wasn't it enough to tell some save/load was involved? Why such long time needed to proove the cheat0r..

If someone didn't understand, I am talking bout DarM and his 55:00 bowl

Just sharing my opinion, the above was made with Photoshop to describe my point.

Do you think the next WR in B will be the same millimeters from polygon like DArm's cheated one? :?: Does that save much hundreds of the second? :?: And my obvious question is how was actually DarMoeD caught? :?:
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

wtf sometimes u get close sometimes u dont, golden rule of elma
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Sometimes we have luck and it looks like you could have sworn you toouched something with your head. When this happens, you will often be faster naturally and therefore there's a higher possibility achieving a better time, maybe even world record. But of course if every drive has many of those it's really suspicious; even one ride with more than one very close head is suspicious.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

But even that happens occasionally. Look at some sick headbanger rides. No reason to say that we could've all had known about this.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

hey, i amade such a close run so many times and if you do 20 times like that and 10 times ytou die, you see that no deied replay
bowling wr is one of the worst one in the tab leso beware:)
i'm drunk so i should calm down
anyway i dont see any suspicios things there, n00bs are always jealous1
[carebox]
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

and darm got caught because his cheatprog was not good enough :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops:
[carebox]
Stini
39mins club
Team: ICE

Re: Who does th0t?! We hate cheat0rz!

Post by Stini »

wwwDotcoM wrote:I mean I've seen Luther's 55:34 rec, he goes near this polygon too, but not THAT near.. I mean, who does that?! So perfect run, an obvious WR so far and then out of nowhere you go for 2 or three millimeters from some edge just for no aparent reason risking to kill yoself.. No matter how incredibly coal kuski you are, I'm sure you won't take such risk if not assured by an "save/load" option/cheat.
Of course you take the risk, you have nothing lose there. You can always try again if you die. It's pretty hard to make wrs with "safe runs" you know.
wwwDotcoM
Kuski

Post by wwwDotcoM »

Guess yoo right Stini, after all.
milagros wrote:darm got caught because his cheatprog was not good enough Laughing
I appreciate yoo answering my questi0n that precise answer :lol:

Tho I realise that if any info on how exactly he got caught was released, it would be ezier for new cheat0rz to come to the scene..
milagros wrote:anyway i dont see any suspicios things there, n00bs are always jealous
Yee I'ma big n00b, but I was not jealous, just curious
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

that's it, how was darm caught won't be spread so other possible cheaters won't know whats possible to detect..
.and abou that luther's replay: if oyu hoyl that lev, you gat like 50 similar recs, at some of them you die, at some of them not, but always moporec is the one where you didn't
so usually it's "close"
[carebox]
Chazz

Post by Chazz »

John wrote:wtf sometimes u get close sometimes u dont, golden rule of elma
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

Chazz wrote:
John wrote:wtf sometimes u get close sometimes u dont, golden rule of elma
Should be: "Sometimes you get close, sometimes you die and the rest of the times you press esc..."
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

wtf i think you are all missing the point. the issue here is animation bug. with head facing one way you can be a considerable distance from a polygon but looking the other way you would be dead. This effect is beautifully demonstrated in mr's 13.xx Steppes wrs using the old style (in case anyone asks, www.moposite.com)
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

No buddy, it's you yourself missing the point. Watch Cheat001.rec and reconsider.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

sierra wrote:wtf i think you are all missing the point. the issue here is animation bug. with head facing one way you can be a considerable distance from a polygon but looking the other way you would be dead. This effect is beautifully demonstrated in mr's 13.xx Steppes wrs using the old style (in case anyone asks, www.moposite.com)
that's not it this time
animation bug is different way (that means that if he was turned other way, his head would be max in the wall and if he pressed turn some milisecs before, he would still be in the wall)
[carebox]
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

milagros wrote:
sierra wrote:wtf i think you are all missing the point. the issue here is animation bug. with head facing one way you can be a considerable distance from a polygon but looking the other way you would be dead. This effect is beautifully demonstrated in mr's 13.xx Steppes wrs using the old style (in case anyone asks, www.moposite.com)
that's not it this time
animation bug is different way (that means that if he was turned other way, his head would be max in the wall and if he pressed turn some milisecs before, he would still be in the wall)
But u can't finish steppes this way...head through wall right?
Total Time: 38:35,14
dunedan
Kuski

Post by dunedan »

Dynamo wrote:
milagros wrote:
that's not it this time
But u can't finish steppes this way...head through wall right?
The head isnt going through anything, the face side of the head is bigger than the backside, when you press space the head turns directly while the animaton is slower. Hope you understood :?
//dun
43 mins