Tips for noobs out there (like me)

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Superbo
Kuski

Tips for noobs out there (like me)

Post by Superbo »

Hi I'm new to Mopolauta and I am not that good. I have although managed to get the top 10 on 2 level at Sprockets' site. I am very happy, since my time was 3 secs away from the WR, the level: Pipe. Its an easy level with not too many tricks to it. I got like 36,70 (not exact), but I need help. I havent even beaten all the levels and I want tips and moves that help. Please no help on the levels, I know what to do from watching expert replays.

I have seen in some good replays that you can jump. I have done this once, by accident. I mean the jump where if you are going down a hil you go on your rear and brake in a certain pattern. Your wheel skips and then it launches you. I read the definition in the dictionary... How do you do that?

When you go to the end on a slight uphill I see people go on their rear wheel and do a wheelie-revurse turn things that gives you a boost while changing directions. That would help alot, if I knew how.

I know about spinning forwards then going from rear (braking for a sec) then pushing myself forward, and using my front wheel to push off a ledge that slants like: _...---'''\ I push off the \ with front wheel and reverse and accelerate for more spin.

Can any of you pros help me out? Turn me towards a tip/help/hint site? I have been playing for about a year now (on/off) and I only know basics.

Noobs like me are crying for help...
:cry:
Dense
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

The only advice i can give to you is keep trying :)

Also watch replays in slow motion, and merge them with your recs...

Do you have elastomania 1.11h unofficial patch? It will help you a lot.
You can find out what this patch does in the following thread:

http://moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=185
the weed fan club
ciph
38mins club

Post by ciph »

he said pro's jcl.....

:lol: im just kidding that was nice of you to help :?

Superbo, you just gotta keep watching replays and try to copy them, also listen to the sounds to see when to press the brake/gas etc.
TT: 38:51.97 (13th)
EM: 38:39.69 (8th)
-planning retirement
-planning comeback
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

My sound doesnt work :(
If this is about solving problems, can you tell me whats wrong?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

suberbo all these things u explain very well in your own words, so it seems like you know the moves. all u have to do is time it right, press the buttons when the bike is in the right position.

what you call jump is called bounce, in the dictionary it says frog jump or something for some reason (Abula).

but what really matters is how much you are willing to höyl, do what they say: play play play and still it's notenough
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

elma is kinda frustrating sport, only way to success is hoyl. basically, the more u hoyl, the better u come. shortcuts are not supported.
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

dz wrote: the more u hoyl, the better u come.

it doesn't always go that way, cos then I would be sooooooooooo goooood already :D
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
GuyB
Donator duck

Not only höyl

Post by GuyB »

It´s not only höyl that is required to become good. You need the skills. a talent of some sort, like in any other sport.. with skills and höylpower you can become insanely good .. .. like dz :lol:

and karlis .. in case you didn´t know .. you are sooooooooooo goooood already..

Cheers

GuyB[rdk]
Danish elma and across-site. Home of the OLDSCHOOL contest AND Hibernatus´ old ACROSSLEVELS
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

some ppl are really good but u dont need to be good, u only need to höyl like hell. some ppl become good when they höyl, guess they who have talent, and others have talent för höyling
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Rigger
Donator duck

huh??

Post by Rigger »

i didn't understand the f*cking question :?: 8O :?:
aka: Rig, Riggy, Rigster, Rigg0r, DanShark, R0gst0r, Rocker and many many others
m0nkeii
Kuski

meh

Post by m0nkeii »

maybe it's just me, but it seems the older people have better totals

im only 14 and at one time i had the same total as one guy in my team who is 16
now i think he is bout 4 mins better than me and i think we played about the same amount, though i spend ages on my site and making levels

eh, correct me if im wrong, but there don't seem to be any people with a sub 41 min tt that are under 20 years old.
Image Click the m0nkeii! Click it! | A
| tt=47:31,02 | wc4= 100th |
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Re: meh

Post by Abula »

m0nkeii wrote:eh, correct me if im wrong, but there don't seem to be any people with a sub 41 min tt that are under 20 years old.
TorInge: 16-17 years
TomCat: 15-16 years
ZeiZei: 16-17 years
Cloud: 17 years
MadMan: 16-17 years
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
milagros
Cheatless

Re: meh

Post by milagros »

m0nkeii wrote:maybe it's just me, but it seems the older people have better totals

im only 14 and at one time i had the same total as one guy in my team who is 16
now i think he is bout 4 mins better than me and i think we played about the same amount, though i spend ages on my site and making levels

eh, correct me if im wrong, but there don't seem to be any people with a sub 41 min tt that are under 20 years old.
it's probably because younger players used to quit playing some lev when they can't do some trick
when i decided to do some trick i hoyled it until i made it
i wasn't angry after two days with no result... just playing for fun,so why :?:
[carebox]
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

and zeth ruled when he was 13 years :)
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
Superbo
Kuski

Im young, 14 years old...

Post by Superbo »

I am young too (age 14), so may that be a factor with my skillz? I play at least 3 hrs everyday playing each level until I get a new record, even if it is 00,01 more. I have pushed my times down very low (imo) and I am still pushing them down more.

My total time is around 1,15,88. The explanation is Apple Harvest. I just tried it once and was way too careful (NO FLIPS) and I beat it with a wealthy 7,31,??. So I will brush up on that level but my other levels are good. Pipe is 2 secs from WR, Warmup is 1,30 away from WR, etc...

I have a replay of my best time for every lvl, to help improve bad spots. I think everyone should because then you can perfect your own styles. Maybe if I post it someone could help me out (if they want) since I accidentally rotate way too much :cry: ,
Dense
Mick
Kuski

hi

Post by Mick »

<----- 18 years
team EM - why not ok?
Phillip
Kuski
Team: TP

Hello

Post by Phillip »

I think it's easier to make good times now than a couple of years ago. I don't know if it is because I am older now (21) or because I have driven alot more... Three years of practice should give results :roll: