Cheating [AAVV and teh dudz]

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Jeppe
39mins club

Cheating [AAVV and teh dudz]

Post by Jeppe »

yeh well aavv was cought cheating in battle sometime ago telling a time 0.02sec better than his actual time0r.

Now i wanna know this

Q 1. what did you think of aavv before you knew he cheated?

Q 2.What do you think of him now?

:oops: plz dont remove this topic
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

0.01 secs actually 8)
belele
Fluff
39mins club

Post by Fluff »

he was and still is a great guy..why do we have to speak of that again?..he has been punished for what he did so that's enough :x
AC member | Team TT = 37:5x,xx || TT = 39:15.61/ avgTT = 40:09,776 |
updated 12/13/2006 8.23pm
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

what punichment did he get? ;o so it might be worth taking a chance and lie time if only get a temporary ban from #battle
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Did that 0.01 make him win instead of tie?

Anyway, I think it is a stupid thing to do that should be punished. Furthermore there is no reason to hold grief against aavv.
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

yes it made him win 0.01 better than jaytea
aavv
Kuski

Post by aavv »

yup, i won the battle instead of jaytea for that 0.01 (we were the only two playing, i think). It was supposed to be some sort of wind up, but it didn't really come out well and I later regretted it. Anyway it was the only time i've done it in some 500+ battle wins, so i don't feel like being a cheater, i've done it once only in some 1500 battles i played so far and under quite special conditions - only two people playing, lots of battles in that day, several people doing it in the hours/days before that, etc (not that this is a good enough excuse, of course). Got banned for it for two full days anyway, so I guess i got what i deserved.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

omg such cheater!
i might release newest version on 'always showing good time' of elmatim0r and also give it to skint0r in php...
it's quite ez to fix after a few hours of trying to fix that mango patch replay bug
[carebox]
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

been trying to suggest some fucking cunt shit so see everyone who plays battles also.Sometimes you dont have time to finish level if you go for a really hard style.The one who win teh balle tehn shud get credit cuz of winning teh mangos who silently idle bögar teer liek axxu for examplez.i reallyz hoep skint0r do sumthing about teh.I kn0w he bean wörking max hard on teh new site and stuff but blah...fitta!
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Once a cheater, always a cheater
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

Jeppe wrote:been trying to suggest some fucking cunt shit so see everyone who plays battles also.Sometimes you dont have time to finish level if you go for a really hard style.The one who win teh balle tehn shud get credit cuz of winning teh mangos who silently idle bögar teer liek axxu for examplez.i reallyz hoep skint0r do sumthing about teh.I kn0w he bean wörking max hard on teh new site and stuff but blah...fitta!
yes it is very irritating when you realise that someone has probably played but haven't written a time during playing. but i must say iv'e done this myself quite often. mostly because it often happens i start playing a battle when there is 3 minutes left and then i don't really alt tab back to irc before the battle is over (if i even got a time), and then i will ofcourse still join in on watching the replay and commenting the level/replay, saying afterballe times etc. and this does look bad of course. but it's just the way i use #battle, i'm rarely that commited to it. usually i'm surfing the internet, watching tv or doing some other stuff and then occasionally battling. plus i don't use those sound triggers. so i really often start on battles too late and i also really often start playing a level the first couple of minutes and before i even say a time give up on it, just because i maybe don't like the level or because i'm just sucking. and then i'd rather go back to doing those other things...

i don't think there is a good fix for this problem, or if i really even want one. atleast i don't want to be in stats for every single battle level i download. because i do download a lot that i only just open for a minute and then discard. plus i don't see how this could really work in any way on irc (i'm not a scripting guru though). it maybe could work if there in elma2 was a battle server directly in game. this server could then monitor your playing and if you play the level for ie 60-70% of the battle time your time on the level is automatically registered. and if you play less than this percentage you have to put the time by free will.

or what kind of solution where you thinknig of jeppe?!
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

;\ better let some russian explain how thier system workz...but it obvoisly works well..fast to download lev and sach fakk najs stats fakk and everything iz better...thinking of change nationallity to russian.sosi moi hui sweden!!!!!!!
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

Jeppe wrote:;\ better let some russian explain how thier system workz...but it obvoisly works well..fast to download lev and sach fakk najs stats fakk and everything iz better...thinking of change nationallity to russian.sosi moi hui sweden!!!!!!!
where do they battle?
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

irc.rinet.ru channel elma.ru <- teh i dont think they whane non russians there tho...the place is in harmony..you would only destroy everything. :) leave me alone with my russians >:]
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

J-sim wrote: i don't think there is a good fix for this problem, or if i really even want one. atleast i don't want to be in stats for every single battle level i download. because i do download a lot that i only just open for a minute and then discard. plus i don't see how this could really work in any way on irc (i'm not a scripting guru though). it maybe could work if there in elma2 was a battle server directly in game. this server could then monitor your playing and if you play the level for ie 60-70% of the battle time your time on the level is automatically registered. and if you play less than this percentage you have to put the time by free will.

or what kind of solution where you thinknig of jeppe?!
One idea I was going to try out was that everyone who wanted to participate in the battle had to announce it to battlebot first, but it would probably just have led to fewer participants.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

well it would highten the quality of battles though, more committed players and that cant be bad.

I think its a great idea to tell battlebot to be able to play... could be some ez command right?
Proud Member Of RDK
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

I think that aavv is not cheater. Does 0.01 secs matter so much or is it just one battlewin what makes him cheater?
Seize the day
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

wouldnt be bad.. to have the lev telling by battlebot in private msg after being requested. although this doesnt stop someone from asking their friends to reupload the level for them (or simply give them the url) so they dont necessarily get into stats
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Raven wrote:I think that aavv is not cheater. Does 0.01 secs matter so much or is it just one battlewin what makes him cheater?
ANY KIND OF CHEATING IS CHEATING. Just so were clear.

Just because Dyrox/Dx didnt get into the moposite blacklist he's still a fucking cheater and the most pathetic scum of the elma world.

but then again aavv's cheat isnt that serious though just plain old stupid, silly, idiotic and pathetic and hopefully he doesnt ever think of doing it again or anyone else, cuz come on.. how low can you sink to cheat in an unofficial battle in a game thats so silly anyway![/b]
Proud Member Of RDK
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

jaytea wrote:wouldnt be bad.. to have the lev telling by battlebot in private msg after being requested. although this doesnt stop someone from asking their friends to reupload the level for them (or simply give them the url) so they dont necessarily get into stats
The point was that you wouldn't be allowed to play the battle unless you had announced that you were playing beforehand.
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

Q 2.What do you think of him now?
nat care, bet lotsa people do often without being caught
Image ^_^
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

If you must cheat, at least do it in style. Like when me and jaytea played a battle in multiplayer mode and got some 10 secs better time.

By the way, I still to this day say that was a legitimate win. There's nothing in the rules that states you have to play in single player mode. It's not #singleplayerbattle. Nobody goes, "ah, anybody up for a single now? All out of multis :S"
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

petsen: Official battle mmkay? (no mopobattles are the official MOPObattles)
j-sim: With ELMA2 battle server i think that if you finish level time should automaticly be posted directly (or not if you have checked the 'last min balle time' box) or even betetr would be if the battle starter would set up rules for that battle etc.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

I will most likely never make that feature to battlebot, unless whole #battle starts a boycot or something, which I don't see happening anytime soon at least. And although I agree it can be annoying with people that only tell time when they know they'll win and such, is it really that big of a deal? We all have the equal chance of winning the battle. When it comes down to it, the one that has played the best during those 10, 15, 20 etc minutes is the one who wins, wether or not he tells his time after 3mins or 1min before end. If you don't want to get pwned in last minute, just play better :P.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
devan
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by devan »

i think he is quite a max battle participant

Q 2. What do you think of him now?

since he only cheated versus jaytea, i dont give teh fak. jaytea wins enough battles as is.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

devan wrote:Q 1. what did you think of aavv before you knew he cheated?

i think he is quite a max battle participant

Q 2. What do you think of him now?

since he only cheated versus jaytea, i dont give teh fak. jaytea wins enough battles as is.
So if i cheated to take a wr from toringe it would be ok too cuz he has so many?

thats just nonsense..
Proud Member Of RDK
devan
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by devan »

of course it would not be ok, but its just jaytea we're talking about. he suks kuk (trust me) :wink:
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

heh fair enough..

but no matter what, cheating should be punished no matter if its moposite contest or battles or anything.. dyrox should for example be president of the black list..
Proud Member Of RDK
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

petsen did you forget abuot darm or do you really think cheating 56 wrs and wcup win is less then lying abuot your TT?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
OtorK
37mins club

Post by OtorK »

but Dyrox is also max mongo, darm wasn't
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Well then he should be on max mongoest list not black list? there is many more mongo persons then dyrox.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

dyrox told me that he has 32 in the current TAP challenge...that he uses two bounces in his style.....and that he isn't participating......

He's clearly a fucking mongo ;)
Total Time: 38:35,14
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Juski wrote:petsen did you forget abuot darm or do you really think cheating 56 wrs and wcup win is less then lying abuot your TT?

darm is on the black list now isnt he?...

he got his punishment..

dyrox hasnt... we hate for cheating and becuz he's a fuckin menace to this society.. but he hasnt gotten on the blacklist yet.. so not punishment enough.. if he gets there and gets his ban or whatever and then starts to behave around here, we will prolly forgive him too.. darm is now takin the punishment and is cleaning up his act, so we like him better ... besides darm is nice, not a freakin kid that will do anything for attention like dyrox..

Karlis, zyntifox and onla cheated too, but we still like them now dont we? and why? becuz they behave nicely and dont mongo around.. at least not enough to annoy anyone to the standards of dyrox... and sure there are ppl who mongo more than dyrox, but hey at least they dont cheat..
Proud Member Of RDK
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Dyrox just state edited his mongo TT, what's the big deal? The biggest punishment for him already is the attitude from players around. He didn't cheat a WR, not even a battle win, so why bane?

About battle fakc, imo it would be quite good idea that after level maker msg'es !start vk0.dk/bingo.lev 15 to battlebot, battlebot does fakc so you have 1-2 mins to "/msg battlebot !in" to be in the battle, and only after that the lev url appears in the channel, when you do so, battlebot does +v you and then +m #battle for the duration of battle so only those who did !in can tell times. If you don't tell time you get some punishment maybe, like disqualify from next 3 battles. So no "only tell good times" anymore.

What do you think?
39:37,91
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

8-ball wrote:f you don't tell time you get some punishment maybe, like disqualify from next 3 battles. So no "only tell good times" anymore.
HÆÆ?

What if the level doesn't have any apples and is very hard to finish, what if you try a style that you know is really really fast but don't manage to pull it off in time, what if you only play for 2 mins, etc etc etc.

Should be no punishment for not telling time. But there could be some system so that the winner got points according to who many said "in", but just because you were "in", you yourself don't get points if you didn't post your result.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Good point.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

8-ball wrote:Dyrox just state edited his mongo TT, what's the big deal? The biggest punishment for him already is the attitude from players around. He didn't cheat a WR, not even a battle win, so why bane?

Lucian state edited some times too and he's on the black list, even for sucky times..

but ye dyrox will be forever hated, that might be punishment enough.. but then again, id love to see him where he belongs.... on the black list
Proud Member Of RDK
aavv
Kuski

Post by aavv »

petsen wrote:heh fair enough..

but no matter what, cheating should be punished no matter if its moposite contest or battles or anything.. dyrox should for example be president of the black list..
I got a 2 day ban. Others who admited having cheated at battle, one way or the other, without being punished include jaytea, sierra, zrex, zox, the_ooo, Luther, marci, and some others for sure, i just don't remember. I mean, cheating in battle is not that serious, provided you don't do it systematicaly (or more than once for that matter). No one is supposed to give a fuck, or at least those days it wasn't for most constant battlers. Everybody who I mentioned will simply say: "it was just for fun" or "that didn't really mattered much" etc. I don't mind being set up as an example so that fewer people do it, though, as it gets irritating after a while.

----

On the #battle issue, i guess having to register yourself to the battlebot at the beginning of each battle will just ruin a good part of it, which is its carelessness, and i guess it will put aside some people who are only into battles for that: people who battle are primarily just people who play elma and don't care much, except for a few kids that actually control their stats and worry if they win more or less points (and plus, there are the aforementioned issues sveinr wrote about). The 'russian system', though, i'd support it surely, and i guess it should be easier for skint to implement it if some russian guy skickaed teh.
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

aavv wrote:I mean, cheating in battle is not that serious, provided you don't do it systematicaly (or more than once for that matter).
Agree. Some takes this way to serious. petsen for example :?
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
aavv
Kuski

Post by aavv »

Boomer wrote:
aavv wrote:I mean, cheating in battle is not that serious, provided you don't do it systematicaly (or more than once for that matter).
Agree. Some takes this way to serious. petsen for example :?
what i meant was: cheating in *one* battle against a sole opponent out of more than a thousand played is not *that* serious, and doesn't make you a 'cheater', as long as it isn't repeated. general cheating can not be accepted, of course, as it would ruin all the fun.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

again... if i only cheated one wr then it would be ok cuz i didnt do it with all the other wrs ive had (if i had any) ...

aavv im sorry i dont have anything against u, but cheating is cheating no matter how often or for what reason or against whom its done.

thats just my point... of course i can see its not that serious and i surely can see it from your point of view. I just want my point made here, and I hope ppl wont accept those one time oops's cuz then it will escalate to "oh well he did it twice, no harm done" and the next time "oh well 3 times" and so on...

Cheatin in general should not be accepted at all no matter what. And I mean ALL kinds of cheating should it be state editing even without sending to moposite, or sending in replays for another player cuz he didnt have time to drive one himself even though the time sux and battle cheating and of course the kind of cheating that actually get you on the wr table.

Just to be clear here, Im not attacking aavv, Im attacking cheating itself. If one can say so.
Proud Member Of RDK
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

You are so darn paranoid, take it easy. It's just a diddly-darn-o-battle with 2 participants, one of them ultimately being jaytea.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

im not paranoid, i just dont think any kind of cheating should be accepted.

thats fair enough now i think... dont u?
Proud Member Of RDK
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

sierra wrote:Once a cheater, always a cheater
x2
ciph
38mins club

Post by ciph »

id take the 2 day ban to avoid the embarassment of a battle loss to jaytea too! 8)

what did this dyrox character do i missed that?
TT: 38:51.97 (13th)
EM: 38:39.69 (8th)
-planning retirement
-planning comeback
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i remember I've told wrong time a few times when i didnt use window mode
i simply finished, saw the time, pressed alt+tab and typed, got back and the time was+0.01:)
I haven't fixed that all the times.. but never happened when i won (i didn't win many times and now i use window mode and almost not play battles at all)
[carebox]
Jake
Kuski

Post by Jake »

i´ve done 0.01 win once also,so have OooO and several others,but aavv that was 3rd time inside 2 years you do teh that i know ;D
<MACHINE[]> Zrex is graded ULTIMATE-NOLIFER |8==o~~|
700 battle wins Club - Proud member of TLR - Proud member of #coffee

Reached 10M points in ranks and decided to quit so
Zrex is now known as Jake.
aavv
Kuski

Post by aavv »

Rex wrote:i´ve done 0.01 win once also,so have OooO and several others,but aavv that was 3rd time inside 2 years you do teh that i know ;D
You admited yourself to always have posted rec time instead of real time until you were caught. :X I don't remember having cheated any time other than this one. Not that I care much wtf you do or not, less even changing some mongo 0.01 in battle or nat, but that is simply: laye.
Jake
Kuski

Post by Jake »

it was just excuse for my doings :)
<MACHINE[]> Zrex is graded ULTIMATE-NOLIFER |8==o~~|
700 battle wins Club - Proud member of TLR - Proud member of #coffee

Reached 10M points in ranks and decided to quit so
Zrex is now known as Jake.
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

So Rex also tend to cheat? Good to know. Who else does that? Confess now!