Danish Elma Meetings (DEM)

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

petsen
Meetsen

Danish Elma Meetings (DEM)

Post by petsen »

Just thought that instead of making a new thread for each DEM, this could be the one thread for talking about it and arranging it.

For example (this mostly concerns danish kuskis)

Ive been thinking about making The DEM a 2 times a year event with official dates for every year.. like first weekend of februrary and 2nd weekend of august for example or something like that, maybe something we could sit down and talk about, to avoid vacations and such..

So if the danish community would be so nice and come with some opinions about this.
Proud Member Of RDK
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

:beer:

Fixed dates would require that it's the same people organizing I think.

Are the Frederica easter meeting history I wonder?

I would like to help organizing sometime but I live like the most not central place of us. :-I
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

I would be ok with organizing or helping at least.

Were always welcome in Aabenraa in the bingo hall, I made a deal with the owner that we could rent that place for 300-350kr,- for a weekend starting friday and ending sunday afternoon.

It would be nice though with fixed dates to make this event official twice a year, maybe with one of them being official DM tournament so we'd have a DM every year.

I do hope though to arrange something with the frederician guys some day, their idea with the sponsors and such was very nice, unfortunately like most of u know not many showed up and Vandmand was really disappointed cuz he put a lot of efford into it.

Thats also why I want the fixed dates so that ppl can come 2 mins before the meeting going "ehh oops I had this other thing"

We all love the meetings, the least we can do is to keep our promises to the guys who arrange it.
Proud Member Of RDK
enil
Kuski

Post by enil »

c0al. how about the idea that the DM would be in aabenraa every year, and then i can take care of the other DEM, where we are lameing and so, where ppl outside dk comes to join us maybe. u know, liek Aabenraa = elma DM, Fjesltervang = DEM.
i think that would be a nice way to put it,

i am also in teh idea that we have a date for teh every yeae, but then wee need to have some topics on #elma for making sure every one knows teh. and we gotta take care nat putting teh, when ppl mostly are doing there holiday and so.

nice idea peyyttzzen :>
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

DENMARK SUCKS
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

right enil.

not sure if the place should be the same every year though, I think the dates are more important. One day my deal might be cancelled with the bingo hall.
Proud Member Of RDK
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

i bet some danish kuskis will be max lazy and not bother to come :P
Image ^_^
enil
Kuski

Post by enil »

sierra take a look in the mirror
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

enil wrote:sierra take a look in the mirror
How did you know I had sauce on my face? Seriously that's fucking creepy.
enil
Kuski

Post by enil »

"haha where does sierra get it from, sach funny"
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

enough with the offtopicness...

with regards to epp's post about some being too lazy..

I surely dont hope that thats the case at any meetings, cuz we all live within driving range of the meetings every year, except Sprocket and Wezz who live in Sjælland..

So I hope ppl who want to will go, and dont stay home just due to lazyness...
Proud Member Of RDK
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

well i will come thats for sure, nat liek i have something else to do with my life ;)
Image ^_^
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Proud Member Of RDK
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Newest INFO:

April 21-23 (friday to sunday)

http://vk0.dk/elmatraf4.php

The meeting will be held in

Denmark
6200 Aabenraa (postal code/city)
Vestergade 15 (street adress)

Here is a map over Denmark revealing Aabenraa's position :)
http://213.237.35.1/petsen/Aabenraa.JPG

Feel free to msg me for more details everyone is welcome :) there is more than enuff room (eventually this place could host a large international meeting, ez room for 100+ ppl with coms)

:)

Luther, Bartek, Cubein and Thanatos are at least ppl who eventually could join in (again) ... spoke with t0r on the phone some nights ago, you are welcome aswel as I told you :) but everyone is welcome of course :)

We would love to see you again at least and Luther could make up for not showing up the last time!! :)

ATT: A small fee will be charged since we dont have to clean up our selves :) a cleaning lady does that on the last day.. hihi.. ill find out how much and add here asap.
Proud Member Of RDK
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

heya, this is pretty cool, aint that far from here. depends on what i`m gonna do (work) in april and i dont have a laptop either but maybe i can come and join.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

ez :)

where do u live insguy.. what city?
Proud Member Of RDK
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

75% säkert att jag kommer.
Nekit for president
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

hope to see u this time, likewise with bartek and infected would be so nice to see some foreigners and make the bordercrossing a more common action among us :)
Proud Member Of RDK
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL DEM06-APRIL

Newest INFO:

Denmark

Aabenraa is the same as Ã…benrÃ… ... Danish grammer laws say that two A's make the Ã… sound.. thats why.. weird but thats the way it is :)

Feel free to msg me for more details everyone is welcome :) there is more than enuff room (eventually this place could host a large international meeting, ez room for 100+ ppl with coms)

Luther, Bartek, Cubein and Thanatos are at least ppl who eventually could join in (again) ... spoke with t0r on the phone some nights ago, you are welcome aswel as I told you :) but everyone is welcome of course :)

We would love to see you again at least and Luther could make up for not showing up the last time!! :)

ATT: A small fee will be charged since we dont have to clean up our selves :) a cleaning lady does that on the last day.. hihi.. ill find out how much and add here asap. I will have the answer to this on friday.

OBS!

From now on we will name every DEM like so: DEMXX-MONTH like in the first line...

so a future DEM could lóok like this DEM07-August

this is to make it easier for abula to keep the dems appart when we send him pix since we sometimes have many DEMs and minor meetings in a short period and he gets lots of pix.. and well ye its just easier in any way... :*
Proud Member Of RDK
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

Luther wrote:75% säkert att jag kommer.
same for me
Moises
Kuski

Post by Moises »

I'll be there :D

Totally coal!

Though Sjælland is a far better place to be 8)
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

petsen wrote:ez :)

where do u live insguy.. what city?
Berlin. The only problem is that i`m sure that i cant bring my pc and i dont have a laptop either. i think i`m gonna decide spontaneus, maybe i just come for 1 day and make some levs at someone`s pc....

I´ll tell here when i know more.....
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

how about u take your state on a floppy and ill see if i can find u a com to borrow?

its MY city u know ;)
Proud Member Of RDK
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Would be really nice if you came insane guy :P

Many of the usually hasn't signed up yet, I hope they will :(
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Newest INFO:

Denmark

Aabenraa is the same as Ã…benrÃ… ... Danish grammer laws say that two A's make the Ã… sound.. thats why.. weird but thats the way it is :)

ATT: A small fee will be charged since we dont have to clean up our selves :) a cleaning lady does that on the last day.. hihi.. ill find out how much and add here asap. I will have the answer to this on friday.

OBS!

From now on we will name every DEM like so: DEMXX-MONTH like in the first line...

this is to make it easier for abula to keep the dems appart when we send him pix since we sometimes have many DEMs and minor meetings in a short period and he gets lots of pix.. and well ye its just easier in any way... :*

Ive tried something new this year. I have "hired" a number of talented designers to make some levels for us, so that I have more time to arrange the meeting and that Vandmand, enil and I have more time to plan the actual events.

So.. heres how it is until now:

Iob - 5 Random Battle levs, 10-45 secs

Jp - 5 Random Cup levs (tricky) ca. 1minut

Marrku - 5 polystyle levels

Skint0r- 5 Bounce levels

Veezay?- 5 Hang levels

Insguy?- 5 Pipe levels

VilleJ?- 5 speed levels

The last three havent given any respons yet, so if anyone would like to make any of those last three kind of levels than msg me.
The Deadline for the levels is 17th April so that my testdriver can test them. This is done like this so everyone can play at the DEM, nothing about that the designer cant play.. everyone has maximum fun at this one :)
Last edited by petsen on 10 Mar 2006, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member Of RDK
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

its not like we lacked any battle levels last dem or the dem before =o
bartek and enils pwns the battle level making
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

no but like I said, this time there is no designer advantage and no waiting time for the levs to be made and i can plan a schedule for the various battles this way..
Proud Member Of RDK
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

If i can come, plz get some pipe editors to design some levs for the meeting :*
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

fair enuff, just forgot about that one :)

btw come to IRC wezz and talk with Moises he's also coming from Sjælland.. ez fix trip together.. :)
Proud Member Of RDK
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Wezz wrote:If i can come, plz get some pipe editors to design some levs for the meeting :*
I've tested some pies for DEM already and I can assure you they were sweet :P
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

I just hope this: That if you make some bigger battle tournament pipes won't be used for that.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Newest INFO:

Denmark

ATT: A small fee will be charged since we dont have to clean up our selves :) a cleaning lady does that on the last day.. hihi.. ill find out how much and add here asap. The date is booked without problems!

OBS!

Ive tried something new this year. I have "hired" a number of talented designers to make some levels for us, so that I have more time to arrange the meeting and that Vandmand, enil and I have more time to plan the actual events.

So.. heres how it is until now:

Iob - 5 Random Battle levs, 10-45 secs

Jp - 5 Random Cup levs (tricky) ca. 1minut

Marrku - 5 polystyle levels

Skint0r - 5 Bounce levels

Insguy - 5 Hang levels

YOUR NAME - 5 Pipe levels

VilleJ?- 5 speed levels

Insguy signed up to make some levels :) , veezay didnt have the time and ville J has a busy schedule and will make if he finds the time.

PRICE PER KUSKI = 50dkr (6.5e). Yes. The amount doubled. But it has to be so due to costs and amount of ppl who signed up until now.. When/If more people sign up this can decrease. But Vand and I have some fun stuff in mind so the money will be well spend :)
Proud Member Of RDK
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Heres the list of ppl who will 100% JOIN DEM in APRIL!

\DC
Gizz
GuyB
Jsim
Kopaka
MxB
Moises
Rigger
Sick_Mambo
Thanatos
Vandmand
Zerox
enil
epp
napol
petsen
Skint0r
Viper_Killerguy

And this is the list of the "maybe" ppl who are on the list and we hope are coming :)

Luther
Infected
BarTeK
insguy

if everyone here comes there will be 4 nations:
Den,Swe,Nor and Ger .. and that would be damn near an IEM which ive been wanting to do for about 2 years :)
Proud Member Of RDK
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i have a question:
on these elma meetings, do you call each other by their nicks or real names? i think to me it would be a very weird feeling to be called insguy or insane guy....

just curious...
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

insane guy wrote:i have a question:
on these elma meetings, do you call each other by their nicks or real names? i think to me it would be a very weird feeling to be called insguy or insane guy....

just curious...
Atleast at DEM (I think at most others too) we call each other by nicks. Not really any reason to begin learning real names of all the people when you know them from the nick name.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Kopaka wrote:

just curious...
Atleast at DEM (I think at most others too) we call each other by nicks. Not really any reason to begin learning real names of all the people when you know them from the nick name.
Only guy at DEM who uses normal names is Monzterman he calls us, Kasper, Peter, Kim etc-...

But Insguy... you will 100% sure be called insguy or insane guy hehe... prolly insguy since its shorter :)

most call me pets... kopaka is called kop... Vandmand is called Vand... Rigger is called Riggy and so on and so forth :)
Proud Member Of RDK
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Hah that's gonna be weird when I come this summer. :lol:
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

i wonder if i dare meet teh tijs
Image ^_^
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

petsen wrote:Only guy at DEM who uses normal names is Monzterman he calls us, Kasper, Peter, Kim etc-...
Wondering why... ;)
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Abula wrote:
petsen wrote:Only guy at DEM who uses normal names is Monzterman he calls us, Kasper, Peter, Kim etc-...
Wondering why... ;)

i have no idea why..

everyone else uses nicks .. :)
Proud Member Of RDK
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

I use normal names and you can call me whatever you want, but I wont react to "luther" really
Nekit for president
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

hahah .... i dont react to my real name at DEM's so u have to say petsen ;)
Proud Member Of RDK
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

your real name is petsen =\ at least everyone uses it
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

eeh waht? :)
Proud Member Of RDK
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

why is this topic here and in GENERAL?
Proud Member Of RDK
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

petsen wrote:eeh waht? :)
Ppl that doesn't play elma (friends, family) call you petsen too.
petsen wrote:why is this topic here and in GENERAL?
You put it in here.

:roll:

26 days left \o/
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

just curious...
I don´t like to be called ramone irl either. But then again... when you are playing a battle and are max stressed you can´t remember everyones real names so you´ll just scream nicks... though when I´ve met swe kuskis we have always used real names... I make sure to ask them. (I think... tell me if otherwise)
Elasto Mania - ez better
Rigger
Donator duck

Post by Rigger »

petsen wrote:Rigger is called Riggy and so on and so forth :)
Actually GuyB usually calls me "fede" :?
aka: Rig, Riggy, Rigster, Rigg0r, DanShark, R0gst0r, Rocker and many many others
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

To all the foreigners joining DEM

atm we have 3 ekstra coms.

1 com only needs a harddrive so if one of you takes his hdd along, ez fix :)
Proud Member Of RDK
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

i got an extra computer lying around somewhere, but dunno if i can get it to work :)
it's teh 1500mhz AMD with about 512ddr
Image ^_^