#battle ethics

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

#battle ethics

Post by Ky.Jelly »

Ok so there are rules to #battle which we all (mostly) abide by, but what about the unwritten rules, ethics.
We have an incident going on in #battle where people (juble,xxYANOxx) are saying that they would like to start the next battle with one of there levels, however someone else (Jeppe) keeps starting levels as soon as it is possible to do so. As juble said "its hard to beat jeppe to the start, 100MB hack0r fast inet or my rowing boat? i rest my case".
What do you people think, is it ok for people to just bully their levels in, as skint0r said "as far as i know it's first come first serve bulle". which i guess is ok if many people all want their levels played but in this instance there is only a few people there and Jeppe has started the last 5 levels.
I dont think this is fair, what do you think?

btw im only really just trying to wind shit, and a anti jeppe thread will look good next to his aavv thread :p
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

i think i love jeppe's levs
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

like you havnt done that ky? you always upload when someone else has a level ready :S and also isnt it better now when ppl fight for getting up lev.like a year ago or less it was always max struggle to make anyone make a level :\
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

lalz :D "i get to do whatever i want" one little step in wrong direction and i get kicked :(
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

There should be some time between battles to watch replay and sach too, I don't think that's always the case. But I don't care anyway, not playing.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

dont think that kicking or banning anyone is the solution... like jeppe said we should be glad that we dont have to beg ppl to start a battle, but then again it should be respected when ppl say "i have the next lev!"

ez as that... now just be nice to each other and wait your turn in #battle..
Proud Member Of RDK
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

We are one community, we ought to be friendly to each another Spamming with levs is not a good thing in my opinion,
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

I have an idea, how about a "battle level queue" implemented in battlebot script?
Like, when you have made a level, you do the normal !start url mins to battlebot and if a battle is going already, battlebot adds the level in some queue file with the url, mins, author etc stats so when the current battle ends and those 3 or so wait minutes pass, battlebot automatically takes stats from first level in queue file and starts the battle. If more than 1 lev is submitted during a battle, battlebot takes the one submitted earlier first, after that the others in correct order, so no stuff like that jeppe bullying happens. If the level queue is longer than 1 hour, you have to wait (or else the url can expire before the battle starts). Also you should upload levs to vk only, mxb and uploads like that show the link to the file, so one can just randomly refresh the list and luckily download the battle lev earlier than the battle starts.
Just an idea.
39:37,91
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Nice idea 8-ball but a important addition to that is that there should be some kind of limit on how many elvels you can have in queue, or maybe a limit that you can only have 1 level in a row in queue? then if noone have put any level in queue then you can do ne battle how many in row you ever whane.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

like one lev in a row max, unless noone else is in getting in the queue some kinda time limit perhaps i dunno..
Proud Member Of RDK
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

and many other stuff like !queue - showing the actual time of queue
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

8-ball wrote:I have an idea, how about a "battle level queue" implemented in battlebot script?
Like, when you have made a level, you do the normal !start url mins to battlebot and if a battle is going already, battlebot adds the level in some queue file with the url, mins, author etc stats so when the current battle ends and those 3 or so wait minutes pass, battlebot automatically takes stats from first level in queue file and starts the battle. If more than 1 lev is submitted during a battle, battlebot takes the one submitted earlier first, after that the others in correct order, so no stuff like that jeppe bullying happens. If the level queue is longer than 1 hour, you have to wait (or else the url can expire before the battle starts). Also you should upload levs to vk only, mxb and uploads like that show the link to the file, so one can just randomly refresh the list and luckily download the battle lev earlier than the battle starts.
Just an idea.
one problem: vk upload only keeps the lev up for 1 hour. i don't really think this is neccesary anyway. no reason to make things more complicated.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

I explained that already.
39:37,91
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

posting in teh topic fihlvein wants me to post in \o/ posting posting !!!
Jake
Kuski

Post by Jake »

maybe jeppe only wants to break his levels in a row record,so stop whining :I
<MACHINE[]> Zrex is graded ULTIMATE-NOLIFER |8==o~~|
700 battle wins Club - Proud member of TLR - Proud member of #coffee

Reached 10M points in ranks and decided to quit so
Zrex is now known as Jake.
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

Rex wrote:i´d say deop ppl like antz who are never teer
(from the locked thread)

:evil:

i do check the chan quite frequently, like, at least several times a day, but almost never say nothing..

also, i do have a highlight on my nick, but usually when i check why someone said it on #battle it's "pantz" or sth totally unrelated to me.
Jake
Kuski

Post by Jake »

several times are liek nathing,watch teh channel few hours/day so you might be even useful someday.there should be at least one op who could kick ppl while finns are sleeping.
<MACHINE[]> Zrex is graded ULTIMATE-NOLIFER |8==o~~|
700 battle wins Club - Proud member of TLR - Proud member of #coffee

Reached 10M points in ranks and decided to quit so
Zrex is now known as Jake.
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

Rex wrote:there should be at least one op who could kick ppl while finns are sleeping.
Good point.
Seize the day
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Rex wrote:several times are liek nathing,watch teh channel few hours/day so you might be even useful someday.there should be at least one op who could kick ppl while finns are sleeping.
This person is me.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

And I am you.
Jeppe
39mins club

._.

Post by Jeppe »

sumbadi put teh -m in balle plz
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

sumbadi put teh -b Jeppe k10x :cry:
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

:O who ban jeppur
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

cyretard o_o ho els is stoopid enuff to do sach ?