Finnish Elma Meeting 2006 ... or not

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Finnish Elma Meeting 2006 ... or not

Post by Abula »

It's quite late time to create this topic, last years I've created it sometimes even before the New year. Obviously my personal and actually entire Finnish Elma scene's enthusiasm towards big meetings has died down. Reasons for this might be the fact that last year's FEM was such a success, we had extreme great time there and we might think that everything has already gone through. Probably that's false, but the feeling is and has been this.

We talked about this subject in our team channel today. Certainly the main organizers are us and it seems to be up to us to make the first step. So here we go: none of the FM guys will organize the FEM06. If you are willing to arrange it, go ahead! And please invite us (our hope is that FEM remains open for everybody). Organizing isn't easy as you probably know. The meetings have grown bigger and bigger, which is great of course. But getting a cottage with enough tables, chairs, fridges, electricity, handling the financial stuff and so on takes time, energy and nerves.

Most likely this won't be the end of FEM tradition. There will be more, but not in summer 2006 arranged by us. Sorry for foreigners, I know there are people who would have liked to come here next summer.

In all likelihood there will be a FM meeting, where we might invite a few more people (we'll contact you) depending on our interests and resources (place etc). It won't be named FEM06 because it's not open for everybody. We don't know time/place or anything else but that's not a problem because to arrange a small meeting you don't have to start preparing so early. Finnish players, please don't get angry, this shouldn't be thought as a quarrel (riita) between us. We are just not willing to arrange a big meeting this summer.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

I see many ppl are lost for words lol

I personally am not affected by this news although I'm not sure how others will react
Total Time: 38:35,14
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I think that if finnish guys and players around Finland really want this meeting to happen, they won't complain about that and they will arrange the meeting theirself. I agree it's sad that Abula cannot organized this FEM because he always made a good job, even though i never went to one.

Let's hope someone organizes it, always fun to see pictures and videos about this event!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
OtorK
37mins club

Post by OtorK »

sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Elma is dead.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

sierra i dont get it.. whats with the useless comments..

anyway sure hope that someone else decides to arrange the FEM... i would love to do it but i do live a little bit far away ;)
Proud Member Of RDK
Dynamo
38mins club

Post by Dynamo »

lol the big problem is that elma just isn't commercialized enough, its a sad fact :(
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

dynamo that made this much sense in the context: 0
39:37,91
Dynamo
38mins club

Post by Dynamo »

far out
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

Actually Dynamo has a point, if the word of elma were to spead, by say the adding of it to Xfire (http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=4155) it would be very good for the community, maybe....
hi
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

revolts right actually.. but back to topic now...

doesnt any other finnish guy than FM ppl want to arrange this??...
Proud Member Of RDK
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

It's nice to see the positive comments :]. And by the way, it's mr who made the IRL organizings for FEMs. I wrote only the reports etc.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I find it strange that not even one finnish kuski except abula has responded to this topic. That's not showing very much enthusiasm :/
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

hmm gotta say i lost sum enthuziäsm hier recently dunno wyh ;F was sach in moad to do teh meat bangos again wehn talked to juzam a month ago...whane spend as mach timz as i cane on summer at teh #ranks.well next year then :) hoep sum of FM gyuz do organismsationz tehn toa :) mr rokked last timz ;*
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Kopaka wrote:I find it strange that not even one finnish kuski except abula has responded to this topic. That's not showing very much enthusiasm :/
That's because finnish people discuss about the matter in irc mostly.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

dz wrote:
Kopaka wrote:I find it strange that not even one finnish kuski except abula has responded to this topic. That's not showing very much enthusiasm :/
That's because finnish people discuss about the matter in irc mostly.
Ah, hadn't thought of that :)
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Talked with Abula the other day who told me that some fins actually had spoken about joining DEM06-APRIL. I just wanted to encourage this as much as possible!

There is room enough for about 100ppl with coms so there is room for everybody.

Already some foreigners have signed up, hopefully they will show up too. This is Luther, Infected and Bartek atm.. Im hoping for Cubein and Thanatos too again..

But like I said you are all more than welcome!

I even have the possibility of saving you the trip through Denmark if you come by boat. I have many good friends with cars who could easily pick you up :)
Proud Member Of RDK
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

i are meet people ;o