World Cup 6

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Re: World Cup 6

Post by Labs »

Dead plan, maybe wc6 will never happen :(
Team SPEED

niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

My offer still stands, even though I'm studying now and don't have much time I could do it in the summer I think.

But, abu and px prolly want to do it themselves. I don't know, they should reply in this topic.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Moposite needs a lot of work still, where's WR statistics for example? I suppose 'they' have at least somekind of priority list ;)
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Zweq wrote:Moposite needs a lot of work still, where's WR statistics for example? I suppose 'they' have at least somekind of priority list ;)
http://www.moposite.com/info_moposite_future.php

A raw todo-list. But now we are still fixing minor things of Records and also trying to clean user databases.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

there was a world cup 5? damn.

oh wait. i was part of it. you guys scared me for a second. fuckers.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

I see freestyle in the list of dream contests... I tried organizing one two years ago, it ended up with people mongoing and no one was interested. So I'm not organizing it, that's for sure.
:mrhat:
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I literarly screamed out loud, when I saw new post in this topic. And it's only spam :(

At least master cup is on. It's very cool too, but world cup is world cup........
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

Bludek wrote:I literarly screamed out loud, when I saw new post in this topic. And it's only spam :(

At least master cup is on. It's very cool too, but world cup is world cup........
Yep, this year would be perfect, new moposite, eol and semi-active staff. Maybe this summer brings wonder.
Team SPEED

Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Can't we wait till karlis disappears again? Otherwise there would be no competition. :I
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

i think the next year, 2012m is a must for a World Cup
soon World End... :cry:
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

it's time for a new world cup, perhaps in the autumn. i spoken
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

do it zebra!
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

me?

ye let's have the last event deadline on 21.12.2012. :)
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

who else could do it?
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

anyone?
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

zebra wrote:me?

Would be awesome, now everything is ready to make one with eol.
Team SPEED

snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Is there any video about 1st 2nd 3rd Word Cups? I couldn' find any. Could anyone tell me who won? I know Mp won the 4th, 5th.
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

snajdig wrote:Is there any video about 1st 2nd 3rd Word Cups? I couldn' find any. Could anyone tell me who won? I know Mp won the 4th, 5th.
No video as far as I know, but information on them can be found here:
Levels: http://old.moposite.com/downloads/wcups/levels/
Replays: http://old.moposite.com/downloads/wcups/replays/ (not for WCup 1 it seems)
Results: http://old.moposite.com/downloads/wcups/results/

Dr_Luni won 2 and 3, while BoBBo won the first World Cup.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

zebra wrote:me?

Superb, it's my birthday :D and the end of the world :|
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

make topic to encourage EDQ 2
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

This fall would be kinda perfect timing for a world cup (in my schedule that is).
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

You have to contact px if you want a world cup.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

This fall MR3 will be also... Anyway I don't think there will be a world cup.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

let's try this again.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

very cool! exactly what we need for eol during balle
I tried to search for "29." :) gonna add date time stamp as well for the search results? possible to read more lines before and after the searched keywords?
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

also is your bot (you) present there all the time? seems not
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

abruzzi wrote:also is your bot (you) present there all the time? seems not
No, it all depends on the uptime of the uni's Unix machine. I may get disconnected sometimes, but it doesn't happen too often.
Mawane wrote:gonna add date time stamp as well for the search results? possible to read more lines before and after the searched keywords?
Date stamps - ye, it's probably possible. Read more lines - just click a line to see the surrounding lines of it.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

i was just randomly looking old mopo when i found http://old.moposite.com/contests_world_cups_5.php

look at the win times of the events. i tried to compare with current wcup, and now we have so far: 13s, 59s, probably 1:4x. do you think the current trend won't discourage more people? i like hoyla levs, but this message is not about me, nobody wants to play a cup with 50 people. i know that the first event has always had the most participants of the whole cup, but do you really think adding longer levels right now is the right choice? (i know next one probably won't be longer, but...) the last level was roughly under minute lev, i really didn't expect longer one being the next. i mean, we haven't seen some 30-40s cruise multistyle levs yet (most common in previous wcups), i thought we would see them right from the start. the goal is to make the most people play (since this is probably the last elma cup, folks!) and to pick the most quality levels (personal preferences differ, so i won't comment on good/bad levels). i'm not saying ppl share my opinion, that's why i want to hear other opinions too.

so, what are your opinions about the levels so far?
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

it's only the 3rd out of 15 levels, really hard to say anything yet. i don't think the next lev will be 4 mins long.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

you clearly haven't read the whole post.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

if you judge a level by the wintime you obviously dont know elma.
Elasto Mania - ez better
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

so, instead of other opinions, all i got is "you don't know elma" or "i don't think the next lev will be 4 min". what was i thinking when making that post. grats.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

the levels are so far overmade and overchosen, i don't know where are these 30-40s brilliant multistylish levs either
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

I dont like over 1 min levs either, but most levs will be probably over 1 mins. 30-50 secs levs best i think, hopefully there will be some (5?) of that too. Also, there is annoying places in 3/3 levs which need luck (first lev ->end, second lev -> hang+bnc, third lev->in play), they should not be there, but what can we do against it is nothing, just play and get an ok time.
Team SPEED

bamilan
Kuski
Team: WLA

Post by bamilan »

Labs wrote:I dont like over 1 min levs either, but most levs will be probably over 1 mins. 30-50 secs levs best i think, hopefully there will be some (5?) of that too. Also, there is annoying places in 3/3 levs which need luck (first lev ->end, second lev -> hang+bnc, third lev->in play), they should not be there, but what can we do against it is nothing, just play and get an ok time.
Even if levs are luckbased, top players got into top10 in both rounds passed.
Luck levs just helps the weaker players to get a better position. (and ofc if you are pro and cant do the trick you can easily fall behind)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

no luck needed anywhere yet. maybe slightly in event1 because of over 1 second airtime. nothing like compared to bowling or downhill 5+ sec airtimes where minimal difference in speed / angle before airtime makes big difference in where you land and how, if anything can be called luck in elma then over 5 sec airtimes (and bug bounces too of course)
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Not quite sure i follow your thought process on this Labs, to me it seems you are confusing "high/higher difficulty on certain tricks in contrast to regular cruise" with "luck based tricks". Sure any hard trick benefits from luck more than just riding plain on a flat surface without any conflicting obstacles because all you have to do is gas, but doesnt mean that luck is a requirement in any regard.

603 - luck in play? how does that even register as an argument on any scale or chart. Id say this level is a rather complicated cave cruiser with many possibilities, but certainly not for the lucky man only. There are many spots where a mistake can easely cost you 1-2s, and the answer is that you need more trainlev/saveload training/and live hoyling to make every part a bit more consistent, that and your own skill, not more luck
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

603 - in play -> it means it's in play, so i don't tell any lucky spots there.
Team SPEED

Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I think very nice levels so far. This 3rd event is a little bit gay though ^^
Imo just hoyl. Stop whining, start winning. Same level for everyone, same conditions. The ones who have advantage is always the better players.
(flag:se)(flag:se)(flag:se)(flag:se)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Thats right bjenn! And thats how a winner talk!
Elasto Mania - ez better
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I don't think the levs have been that bad, but I hev not liked them. The first one was ok though I definitely think there was sum luck factor at the end. The second lev hang apple was the deal breaker for my, stoped playing after figured u gotta do it. This third lev is too long and needs ridiculous amount of time to get event a slightly decent time so I'm out again. All in all ive lost my interest to do well in this cup, but I'll definitely be playing and sending in each event, and following teh progress intensively ofc!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

ramone wrote:Thats right bjenn! And thats how a winner talk!
of course the top players will have good results in each event. but you need to see the greater picture of how many people will actually play the next rounds.
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

I dont consider myself of higher skill than ville for example, and i found 2nd level fat hang really gay at first as well, but after hoylage and figuring out exact moves and angle and stuff with merging in recs and whatnot it became really ez. Like always nailed it if i knew that speed and angle was good. Could even "fail" a little, like going a bit too far into apple before breaking and going forward etc and still survive the hang. Much easier than top right apple which doesnt even have any hard tricks, i still had most problem with that one in particular getting a good push and speed after taking it. 90% of all runs were lost there for me and a possible and a 1.01 run could become a 1.02-1.03 just due to that place alone.

Point being this was absolutely not at all by any miniscule chance something that had anything to do with luck. It was tricky, like maybe tricks abound tricky where you need perfect moves and figuring out how to do them to get a good swing and break. That requires planning, testing and merging, or just raw skill, not anything else.

If people drop out for something like that it really makes me sad :/
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Are there any plans for the WC6 video already? I think somebody should already start making it - for two reasons. Firstly, it would then be finished quickly after the last event has ended. Secondly, in that case the video could catch the atmosphere of the each event better. I mean if you make the video of the 1st event 4 months after it, the maker of the video is affected by rest of the events and might emphasize different things.

Some suggestions for the video:
-many merges
-try to get kuskis true shirts to the recs
-show top15-20 of each event and also the total standings after each event
-include as many players as possible, even from nab kuskis you could include cool 5sec long parts
-include secret area stuff
-plese include a lot of background information and comments and relevant news after and before each even (like that "Jeppe chooses to resign" and "where is Luther" in WC5 video)
-could include screenshots from lauta posts etc
-could record #WC6 and #across when results are being published and put highlights
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

nice idea nom, let's get it going keep STOKEd
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Ez full movie plot, 4h material total!
No but I like your thinking nom =) But I wouldn't want any merges in the video, only show full win ride, and maybe parts of others rides.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I dotn like merge in videos and especially not parts of recs. parts of recs is like wtf?

Top10/20 standings between each event would be cool. But I reall think vid is winrec and thats that.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I think a merge in a level like 603 between spef and adi would be awesome. So equal with so different styles. Just use it wisely, and probably best to use jon's merge program.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

And I thought wc605 would be the worst level in cup.
I. WAS. WRONG.