Keyboard

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Igge
38mins club

Re: Keyboard

Post by Igge »

Why would you want a USB keyboard anyway?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

maybe he has laptop. like me
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Why would you have a laptop anyway?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
JaenZ
Kuski

Post by JaenZ »

Yeah, I have really got a laptop.
Igge wrote:Why would you have a laptop anyway?
Is it a serious question?
Anyway, with the aid what keyboard did you solve your problem, Lukazz? Or haven't you never got one?
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i've got this one. http://www.amazon.de/SPEED-LINK-SL-6467 ... 316&sr=8-1
but it's pretty fucked up, i have had it for 3 years or something now. gotta buy a new one soon
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
JaenZ
Kuski

Post by JaenZ »

Waaa, 90€ :-/
Using the internet for my reseaches I came across the programme called "Keyscan09". The conspicuous fact about it is, that according to the programme max 2 simultaneous key-strokes are possible if the left arrow is involved. Otherwise up to 6 presses are feasilbe. Weird, anywise.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

JaenZ wrote:Yeah, it's less expensive, only 20€:) But didn't found an USB-version of it...:(
There exists such a thing as a ps2 to usb converter, comes with many keyboards aswell.
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

If you really want a keyboard which allows as many simultaneous keypresses as possible, buy Steelseries 7G. It says it is "supporting as many simultaneous key presses as there are keys on the keyboard".

I bought one and I'm pretty satisfied with it. The only things is that it has windows key in wrong place and key * in wrong place. And the buttons are at the same time a bit heavy and very sensitive. But I think I have to get used to it first and then it will be good.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/keyboards/7g/information wrote:SteelSeries 7G highlights:

- No-click mechanical professional gaming keyboard

- 18K gold-plated connectors for extremely low latency <--- LOL :D

- Gaming grade lifetime: 50 million keystrokes <--- Won't last long in elma ;P

- Endorsed by the worlds best eSports-players
Epic keyboard? :P
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

? i have used steelseries for long time and ive told about it somewhere, it cost some 100e and is just as good as promised on ads
JaenZ
Kuski

Post by JaenZ »

Well, I changed the keyboard layout now playing with I-J-K-L instead of the arrows -> Thus 4-6 simultaneous key-strokes are possible.:)
Fredrik
Kuski

Post by Fredrik »

zebra wrote:If you really want a keyboard which allows as many simultaneous keypresses as possible, buy Steelseries 7G. It says it is "supporting as many simultaneous key presses as there are keys on the keyboard".
that's not sufficent for my ultra advanced styles!
Team KoN
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I will never change my keyboard because it's the best keyboard ever made.
I will send link/name when I got the name of it :D ( Not on that comp right now. )
ToMaT
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Bought A4TECH X7-G800 and it totally sux for Elma. :evil:
So gonna stay on Genius KL-0210. Quite best keyboard for me, only bad thing is that I can't press up + down + left arrows simultaneously.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

i cant press up + left + space.. kinda sux in pipes.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Ez list of N-Key Rollover keyboards.

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title= ... nd+Results
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Still using 1980's keyboard here. Older than I.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
JamikKim
Kuski

Post by JamikKim »

I'm using some HP keyboard, sucks because I can't use left + more than 1 other key, which = die at brake rotate left and flip dir. parts or similar (like hi flier bounces). Silly thing is that any other amount of keys that I've tried can be used as long as the left key isn't involved :evil: I use numpad 1 for alo, don't have any front/rear brakes or alias keys.
58:56:81
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

Using this kind of old keyboard since 1998, more or less. Never had problems with elma.
I removed yesterday all keys and cleaned them.
http://kopasite.net/up/0/CAM01903.jpg
http://kopasite.net/up/0/CAM01902.jpg
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I bought a steelseries cause wanted infinite keypresses. That did work but didnt last 6 months before 3 arrow keys fell off. Buttons felt quite off to begin with. Dissapointed
Elasto Mania - ez better
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I have had this Keyboard for 8 months maybe, Steelseries 6G v2, very good but maybe a bit hard to press down the buttons.
Before I bought it I read some reviews about its buttons textmarking that was disappearing. However, mine are as good as new still.

Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

yeah. I have 6g v2 also. looked at buttons now when you said that, dissappeared from many bnuttons. but dpesnmt matter much. kerys falling off much worse. not satisfied with this at all. also too sharp edges on buttons for my taste, but taste differs. I also prefer softer touch Bjenn ;)
Elasto Mania - ez better
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

I also have that kb. Got it second hand for cheap because the original buyer didn't like the asterisk location. It's fucking nonsensical that the asterisk is placed there. Took forever to learn.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i have same and have been liking it (6gv2). been in use for about 2 years or little more now and only few keys have some noticeable wear. i have that button popping out issue also but only with arrow keys and its probably due to the way i hold my fingers there, i hold them at the edge of buttons because long fingers and little finger needs to reach alokey (num0) so there is some sideways pressure on them so easy pop out if press too hard. few buttons also broke that plastic + shaped cap thing where they attach to mechanical switches, got another set of keys for 7 euro and replaced them and now have plenty of spares

black switches are also kinda lame because they dont have that clicking action but my preference has now changed to favor a more silent keyboard and black switches are the quietest so i wouldnt want blue/red/brown switches now. for elma black switches are also probably best whereas click action ones better for typing / certain type of games, not that it matters all too much anyway.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

KeyTronic forever and always.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Razer Deathstalker Essential here for a few years now. I love it - very low keys, easy to press (but not to easy), good layout and wrist rest, and really cool font of the letters & chars, which everyone compliments :D The only culprit is that it's pretty noisy, compared to e.g. a laptop keyboard, but still nothing compared to the typical tall-keyed rubbish. And ofc multiple key presses work fine, so recommended for elmans :)
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

some 7 years later, used some kinda cheap logitech semimini keyboard at that time but 2010 or so switched to Razer Lycosa that is currently in use still, although put it down for about a year when I had spilled Oboy (chocolate powder mixed with milk) on it so it didn't work. Then later decided to try it again and wow it worked very wow very cool osv, used it ever since.

ToMaT