Elasto Mania CONSUMES your life

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

ciph
38mins club

Elasto Mania CONSUMES your life

Post by ciph »

how long are you going to let it waste your time :?: :?
TT: 38:51.97 (13th)
EM: 38:39.69 (8th)
-planning retirement
-planning comeback
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

As long as I live and have my fingers intact.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

Until I go off to university...(so less than 1 year)
Total Time: 38:35,14
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Dynamo wrote:Until I go off to university...(so less than 1 year)
So you believe ;P:

As long as I enjoy it. Eh, what a cliché.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

until time wastes me
Nekit for president
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

for another 5 lives, he :lol:
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Never more...
1) if i have elma, i play 24/7.
2) if i dont have elma, i dont play at all.
First variant is a stupid waste, second one is too strict. Would be nice to play 1 hour in a week, but to play 1 hour in a week i need elma installed, and if i have elma i play not 1 hour, but 24h a day ;P (hah)
So i decided to do 2), until i'll have better willpower and less addictivenness. =)
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

What is Elma? :?
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Got a HD-crash two weeks ago. Elma, along with recs and levs are gone. Not sure if I will install elma again...
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

happened to me too a month ago, guess what i did?

installed that crappy game again of course.
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

I don't have problems with elma. It doesn't waste my time, cuz i play like 8hrs/week and that is enough for me :) I hav great fun with it, i dont need to play more :)

hopefully, this topic won't start falling apart our community
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i haven't played much recently so it's ok
[carebox]
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

ANpDaD wrote:Never more...
1) if i have elma, i play 24/7.
2) if i dont have elma, i dont play at all.
First variant is a stupid waste, second one is too strict. Would be nice to play 1 hour in a week, but to play 1 hour in a week i need elma installed, and if i have elma i play not 1 hour, but 24h a day ;P (hah)
So i decided to do 2), until i'll have better willpower and less addictivenness. =)
sounds tough!

once I had much trouble playing too much elma myself... it´s not as fun as it may sound.

0-tolerance is better I think
Elasto Mania - ez better
sierra
39mins club

Re: Elasto Mania CONSUMES your life

Post by sierra »

ciph wrote:how long are you going to let it waste your time :?: :?
I was talking to jaytea about this yesterday on MSN, you know the only thing I've learned from getting a 39 TT is that nobody actually gives a fuck.

So much time can be wasted on Elma, people have literally thrown away their youth to this game, and they will continue to do so in the future. There's people who don't even have jobs, and live off the government and play computer all day.

To get a WR, you might need to play weeks or months. And then, what is it all for? For some noobs to write "grats! good time" on a forum? You could have been earning money all those hours, or finding yourself a girlfriend to love. You could have been in a laboratory working to cure cancer, or in Africa helping children who have no water.

I've played for over 2 years now, I was 16 when I started and I'm almost 19 now. Thinking about it, that's a pretty important period of your life. I'm not getting those years back now.

So to answer your question, Elma is not going to consume my life for much longer, I can assure you. There's simply way too much commitment for so little, in fact non-existant, rewards.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

cool topic =)
i started playing when i was 12 :P and i'm 15 now, i think i haven't missed any important things with elma, i've got a girlfriend,and i have enough time for school, friends, parties etc. and i still play quite much elma i think... and so i don't see me quitting in the next years, at least not because i think elma has destroyed my real life, maybe i will stop when i've got a job in 5 years, but now enjoy it
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Bogart
Kuski

Post by Bogart »

sierra wrote:I was talking to jaytea about this yesterday on MSN, you know the only thing I've learned from getting a 39 TT is that nobody actually gives a fuck.

So much time can be wasted on Elma, people have literally thrown away their youth to this game, and they will continue to do so in the future. There's people who don't even have jobs, and live off the government and play computer all day.

To get a WR, you might need to play weeks or months. And then, what is it all for? For some noobs to write "grats! good time" on a forum? You could have been earning money all those hours, or finding yourself a girlfriend to love. You could have been in a laboratory working to cure cancer, or in Africa helping children who have no water.

I've played for over 2 years now, I was 16 when I started and I'm almost 19 now. Thinking about it, that's a pretty important period of your life. I'm not getting those years back now.

So to answer your question, Elma is not going to consume my life for much longer, I can assure you. There's simply way too much commitment for so little, in fact non-existant, rewards.
With that in mind, what about that all ya pros and all ya noobs quit playing this stupid game. I hereby giving you my resignation!
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

sierra wrote:
ciph wrote:how long are you going to let it waste your time :?: :?
I was talking to jaytea about this yesterday on MSN, you know the only thing I've learned from getting a 39 TT is that nobody actually gives a fuck.

that sucks
i play elma because it's fun, don't care about wrs anymore
elma consumes your life same way as other games, alcohol, parties or whaever do, if it's fun then there'sno problem
you only have to know that if something is important, elma can wait for a few days
[carebox]
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

Lukazz wrote:cool topic =)
i started playing when i was 12 :P and i'm 15 now, i think i haven't missed any important things with elma, i've got a girlfriend,and i have enough time for school, friends, parties etc. and i still play quite much elma i think... and so i don't see me quitting in the next years, at least not because i think elma has destroyed my real life, maybe i will stop when i've got a job in 5 years, but now enjoy it
You're happy man :wink: maybe I started too late :cry: , but I don't mind, I play how much I can :D , I don't think my real life is destroyed, it's just another kind of life(kuski life :lol: ) Yes, there are only Elma and school in my life now, but that's what find the best way 8)
TT: 38:36,51 || team SPEED || Islands WR
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Well, if u can handle urself, and play only for fun; If u have success in real life, then stopping playing elma is just stupid.
But if u r bongo like me or sierra, stop immediately. It wont be fun for u anymore in 2-3 years. U'll just ruin your best years of life.
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

Anp, I think u don't know me enought, my non-elma life would be sweet little nothing without elma too!
I don't know what will be in 2-3 years, but now is elma filling my life enought and I'm still learning everything around elastomania, I'm not much experienced yet..
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

I´m pretty bored with elma atm and HAVEN´T played or edited a lev in the past month. In the summer I´ll probably play more, but not as much as in the sickest periods. I have some some things to do this summer relationed with elma such as master cup 2 with my team, that´s the only thing that keeps me in this little game. 8) <3 TAP
belele
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Honza wrote:Anp, I think u don't know me enought, my non-elma life would be sweet little nothing without elma too!
I don't know what will be in 2-3 years, but now is elma filling my life enought and I'm still learning everything around elastomania, I'm not much experienced yet..
Honza, just become a lif0r, it's max coelz =)
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

2-3 years, that's nothing OK! I was 16 years when started, 23 now. Didn't want to take any summer jobs this summer. But for what? To make Paprika and improve my total time finally under 40mins! I haven't really had any breaks at all during the years. Maybe I should realize something, too bad I'm stupid.

Girlfriend is the only thing I feel like missing but I'm not sure if I wanted (= could get) one eventhough I wasn't doing Elma business.

Nice post sierra.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

Honza: you have nothing to learn with this game, trust me.
go do acid with a few people that respect you, it will decondition you from playin' the game, trust me on that too

sierra: nice post, as usual. it's cool to hear intelligent things sometimes
H8
Kuski

Post by H8 »

Sierra wrote:So to answer your question, Elma is not going to consume my life for much longer, I can assure you. There's simply way too much commitment for so little, in fact non-existant, rewards. (Posted: 8 Jun 2006, 14:08 )
Sierra wrote:lab pro - 2:27,05 (Posted: 8 Jun 2006, 20:00 )
Lol, you didn't last that long did you? :wink:
41:47,70
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

ANpDaD wrote:
Honza wrote:Anp, I think u don't know me enought, my non-elma life would be sweet little nothing without elma too!
Honza, just become a lif0r, it's max coelz =)
lif0r?
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

you'll see soon... i'm working on some kind of "post"
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

wow, that have to be one of the greatest posts I've ever read in this forum, up to date
joining yourself soon, man! :wink:
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I'm near tears, even though I already knew that. :?
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i doubt ill ever quit elma, will keep playing every now and then at least ;o its not more or less timewaste than soccer, ice hockey, chess or runk.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

It's just a game,

i could say i wasted my youth playing basketball ( about 9 years and still playing ) but, that's a sport so, it's not considered as a waste of time. But when entertainments are computer games, it always looks like a waste of time, but it's not more or less a time waste than anything else.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

The_BoneLESS wrote:It's just a game,
i could say i wasted my youth playing basketball ( about 9 years and still playing ) but, that's a sport so, it's not considered as a waste of time. But when entertainments are computer games, it always looks like a waste of time, but it's not more or less a time waste than anything else.
Well that depends on how you look at it. Doing sports you're always surrounded by other people.. and you prolly get to know them. Some might even end up being best friends. But in computer games you sit at home playing some game. Alone (mostly) and injuring your eyes by looking at the monitor for hours a day. You might also get some back or hands injury too. When doing sports you move around, doing exercises (some times you hurt yourself.. is true). But still it's more healthy.
Another thing is if you use the internet. Then it's a whole differenet story when thinking about the getting to know people.

But i'd say computer games are more time waste than sports.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

It's everybody's choice, somebody is playing sports, somebody's drinking beer, somebody's fishing and somebody plays elma.
Everything has its + and -

Don't know how it goes in others, but in elma I couldn't waste all I have learned, worked and all the things that are waiting on me in elma.. Elma is my choice, I say
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

Honza wrote:It's everybody's choice, somebody is playing sports, somebody's drinking beer, somebody's fishing and somebody plays elma
I would say that everybody is playing sports, drinking beer, fishing and playing elma. Reducing your activities to only elma is reductionnist and unhealthy, both physically and mentally.
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

simon_labroue wrote:
Honza wrote:It's everybody's choice, somebody is playing sports, somebody's drinking beer, somebody's fishing and somebody plays elma
I would say that everybody is playing sports, drinking beer, fishing and playing elma. Reducing your activities to only elma is reductionnist and unhealthy, both physically and mentally.
Yes, but u can't do everything to teh max, I almost don't like people who are doing a lot of activities..but just fragmentary and they can't be teh best in anyone of them
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

I have no such iota of respect for your way of treating the existence of your organism in sacrificing some of its most valuable potentialities.
the thing you don't currently do to teh max is living your life its whole; you reconsider your life, in trying to become a good in this game, and you will fast become nevrosed :cry:
Last edited by simon_labroue on 15 Jun 2006, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

I DON'T say I wanna be the best here(it is simply impossible). That can be just stupid noobish dream.. :roll:
but now I'll do max to BE SATISFIED with my times and so

these words may sound very stupid and maybe I look like a little leering child, but that's really the only way I feel the right now
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

about the nevrosed state of life, I mean that I was when I lived like you, and not actually that you will become so, but only that you could. I'm just hoping that this can helps....
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

My relationship with elma has improved rapidly over the last year. In part because my 1on1 time with elma is much better now. Elma doesn't stress me that much anymore. But also because I moved out, together with two friends in an apartment. That has taken a lot of potential elma time away, and it's been really good for us to spend some time apart. Now it's really quality time I'm giving to Elma. I'm hoping we can continue like this when I start in school again after the summer. I am a bit worried though, in high school we really had some rough times I didn't always know how to prioritize schoolwork and elma right and it hurt both ways. Another interesting thing this summer will be how our relationship deals with the longest time apart over the last 4 years. I will be going on an interrail trip for 1 month! But no matter what happens I know Elma will always have a special place in my heart.
ELMA I LOVE YOU.
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Elma is OKiz, provided you are not addicted. I am not, 93% of my Elma-playing is CRUISING, i don't play to achieve better times in levels, because I do know I'd count never in the scene as a good player anyway. I find elma nice and that what makes me relaxed, i really cannot understand these people who spend half a day to hoyl internals :lol: :lol: It's such a waste of time
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

berhabdul wrote:Elma is OKiz, provided you are not addicted. I am not, 93% of my Elma-playing is CRUISING, i don't play to achieve better times in levels, because I do know I'd count never in the scene as a good player anyway. I find elma nice and that what makes me relaxed, i really cannot understand these people who spend half a day to hoyl internals :lol: :lol: It's such a waste of time
Like cruising externals is any better... internal cruising is actually the better thing to do. I'd rather have a great time on an internal than on some mongo external.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Xiphias wrote:Like cruising externals is any better... internal cruising is actually the better thing to do. I'd rather have a great time on an internal than on some mongo external.
I don't. If it wasn't for externals, I would have quit this game two years ago.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

Boomer wrote:I don't. If it wasn't for externals, I would have quit this game two years ago.
dito.
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

same: dildo.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Damn externals with all the fire of Satan's rage.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

berhabdul wrote:Elma is OKiz, provided you are not addicted. I am not, 93% of my Elma-playing is CRUISING, i don't play to achieve better times in levels, because I do know I'd count never in the scene as a good player anyway. I find elma nice and that what makes me relaxed, i really cannot understand these people who spend half a day to hoyl internals :lol: :lol: It's such a waste of time
No, you are wrong, cruising is wasting a time, the time you waste by cruising can be used to hoyling!!! and that's more meaningful, because hoyling is the only way to get decent TT
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Honza, u think the best thing to do is making sick times, spending lotsa lotsa tiem on elma with hoyling like hell?

live real life, dont try to be better at any price...

i am playing elma, sometimes i hoyl some level, but i am not hoyling every day for hours etc...
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

why I shouldn't try? maybe I won't get it, but I can say "I tried it, I reached my top"

btw: best way is to make sick time without hoyling :lol:
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

you'll regret this on your deathbed, trust me
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

simon_labroue wrote:you'll regret this on your deathbed, trust me
U speak like my father :lol: