Number Of Questions! paRtiCipAte ok?!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

1. I don't use the default.lgr but Across.lgr so .. hm. It wouldn't matter even though if I used sometimes original lgr. I never change the bike because thinking another one is better.

2. Stupidest? The lowest IQ? Or the one that annoys me the most? Maybe I skip this question.

3. Play or hang around? Let's say I'm active as long as I've found something more interesting (like a girlfriend, or .. hm, can't think anything else :]). Compulsory army service will stop my Elma career for 6-12months, that's for sure. The army starts in June 2003, I'm not waiting it. Also in September 2002 I'll start my university studies which will (at least should) take some time. I think I'll never make any dramatic quit like some people seems to want. I just lose the motivation by bit and bit (or how the phrase is called). Also I can't ever quit #across, my first irc channel. Playing is also relaxing so.. The only thing is hc updating which I've alread reduced quite much.

4. BarTek is at least quite unoriginal. There are a few people playing with their real names like Jokke, Petri and BarTek. Is it bad I don't know. I don't care much about the nick. What I dislike is nick changing.

5. Of course. PRA will rise soon!

6. Editor could be more easier to use and these lovely graphical bug lines are nice. Yep.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

1. I couldn't honestly tell you without opening elma and checking. Uh, it's the green one. cuz it looks less like a turd and more like a pizza.

2. A few people are going to put my name here so I won't encourage them by putting theirs.

3. Forever and ever. Amen.

4. I think it's a cool nick :roll: cuz it sounds... good :)

5. No.

6. Yes. And the fact that it's so... pink :evil:
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

1: There is two bikes... one looks like hell... can´t drive with that(orange colours and stuff I think... blä...can´t imagine anyone using this...) I really like the across bike most, but since I like to play with hi videodetail I use Default.lgr...

2: I think noone is studip- people can say things I dislike, but that doesn´t make them stupid....

3: I have played it for a while... And the while haven´t stopped yet so... I´m not so serious about my playing so I guess I will play it my whole life...(?, naaaa)... Time will show...

4: No, I think BarTek is a good nick (Bartek was better though). I think having your own name is one of the bests.... but it really doesn´t matter.... Like Abula said: changing nick is what I dislike... not the nicks themselfs...

5: Come Back? You make it sound like they have fallen...

6: I have never seen a bug in elma!
ThanaTos
Kuski

Post by ThanaTos »

1. i use the green one, why? don't know.

2. define stupid. i couldn't tell cos i haven't talked with all kuskis. and who cares?

3. time will tell.

4. average coolness factor on your nick BarTek.

5. unlikely, but it would be cool.

6. the bugs in the lev editor are charming as long as you see them before other people play the lev.
I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

3. i will probably play as long as i have a computer . for decades . imagine when you're 40 years old and u look back at this stupid game and how u still have some of your old skills. but as new versions come it will be very seldom ; now i play elma a few times a month , across a few times a year .
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Rasu
Kuski

Post by Rasu »

1. I must be one of few, that uses the lgrlist.txt file, so the color of the biker changes from level to level.

2. I can't say I know someone stupid. But then again, I aint participating in many discussions.

3. Probably a looooong time. I have been playing since the across era, not seriously all the time though. There's always time for some cruisin'.

4. Nothing wrong with BarTeK, really.

5. Naaah... PRA wont rise soon.

6. Yeah, I hate all bugs. I'm not making levels though, so I can't tell which bugs you really mean.
GuyB
Donator duck

questions and answers

Post by GuyB »

1. do you use green or yellow biker in elma? why not the other?
I use.. .. .. wait, have to check .. .. I use the green one.. for no particular reason.. I also use across lgr sometimes. mostly because I think it looks cool and reminds me of the "good old days"

2. who do you think is the most stupid kuski in elma scene right now? and why?
Gonna take the 5´th on that one 8) .. nope, seriously I don´t know any kuskit, whom I regard as stupid

3. how long are you probably gonna play elma? 1 year, 2 years?
Have been playing since the good old across-days, sometimes much and sometimes not as much, but I guess that in 5 years I will open elma, just to play a bit more

4. you think BarTek is a stupid nick:)? why?
well.. don´t thik its a stupid nick, has a nice ring to it.
But why do all the other guys dislike namechanging, and is it people who do it 100 times, or just the concept in general. I changed my nick from Guybrush to GuyB a while back, and I don´t find anything wrong with that.
If people change nick every week or so, then I can see why it can be annoying.

5. you think PRA ever make come back?
ahh yes, the legendary PRA.. would be so cool to see them active again, but I doubt that it will happen 8(

6. we hate those ___ bugs in lev-editor...dont we?
Don´t hate them, don´t even know what you mean. haven´t spent much time in the editor

GuyB[rdk]
Danish elma and across-site. Home of the OLDSCHOOL contest AND Hibernatus´ old ACROSSLEVELS
Abula
Moposite admin

Re: questions and answers

Post by Abula »

GuyB wrote:But why do all the other guys dislike namechanging, and is it people who do it 100 times, or just the concept in general. I changed my nick from Guybrush to GuyB a while back, and I don´t find anything wrong with that. If people change nick every week or so, then I can see why it can be annoying.
I have to change people's nick (and teams) every week to Moposite and it's very annoying. Million of pages, record lists etc. Also those who change their nicks once in an hour, are quite hard to recognize.

Usually people change their nick because of the current nick trend. 5 years ago it's was cool to have X, Z, numbers and capitals in your nick (for example KaRLiS666 or PeXi). Nowadays it's seems to be a trend to have a short nick (px, dz, GuyB, Abu [I use it sometimes, not official nick, thou ab would be even shorter], psy etc).
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Abula wrote: I have to change people's nick (and teams) every week to Moposite and it's very annoying. Million of pages, record lists etc.
not long ago i read about some program or something which renames & replaces everything you want from every page of a web. so practically, it would take you a few seconds to handle a nick change on the paper.
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

--
Last edited by Hibernatus on 28 May 2002, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:
Abula wrote:I have to change people's nick (and teams) every week to Moposite and it's very annoying. Million of pages, record lists etc.
not long ago i read about some program or something which renames & replaces everything you want from every page of a web. so practically, it would take you a few seconds to handle a nick change on the paper.
Off course I'm using multireplacing, Editpad in this case. But still. For example uploading the files (with modem) and because PeXi updates some pages I cannot edit every page without getting the pages messed up. So I cannot just open every .php files and replace them. Moreover the old nicks are necessary in some contexts which must be not replaced (like old record lists, news archive, in mails [maybe one has a mail dezz_83@hotmail.com which he still uses even though he had a new nick] etc.)
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Hibernatus wrote:sed
sed = sent?

I think I got one mail from you without any text, but just an attachement. Those mails I delete immediately. I get about 30 virus mails everyday so it's 95% sure that this kind of mail is a virus. Yet, I won't open any exe files (if it was) without knowing it.

Anyway I must say thank you about sending a program. :-)
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

--
Last edited by Hibernatus on 28 May 2002, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
Petri
Kuski

Answers

Post by Petri »

I use green biker. I think it looks better and I have always used it, so why change.

A hard question, I would answer one of the zCaLiC's, but they probably don't play anymore.

0 years. I play sometimes when I feel like it, probably averaging 1 hour per week right now. I will play wcup and/or battles if some come up, though.

I don't have the right to mock others' nicks, because mine isn't original either.

Uh, no. They probably finally realized how boring this game is.

Haven't encountered many bugs, but bugs are always annoying, aren't they?

- Petri
Abula
Moposite admin

Re: Suck!

Post by Abula »

BarTek wrote:Suck! this topic has gotten out of hand...no u talking about some sh*t program in here...i hate when somebody mentions something else and a topic is deverted from its original task!!1 bLAh!

dont u hate when it happens?`!?!?!
Every thread contains off-topic talk. You yourself has done it too, quite much in fact. And you just kept on it (me too, I know). Just skip those and discuss about the original subject, ok. I can remove these posts but there are million other off-topic posts almost in every thread.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

green. i also used the black/red biker on some lgr pack on moposite long time ago, itwas pritty cool
i dont know and even i knew i wouldnt tell, heh
ill probably be cruising many years forward in future, i dont like quitting games
nope, its just another nick. tho when i think its your real name it sounds somehow funny :roll:
no
i havent encountered that many bugs, but i do hate theres not even simple "advanced features" like copying a polygon (on the other hand, that would be... etcetc not a place to discuss about it)
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Does everyone understand what bug BarTek meant? You know the lines which are visible but doesn't effect anyhow to bike, like pictures. Sometimes you see it only in the map. This graphical bug occurs in Hill Legend with some computers.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

ive once gotten that bug. when it occurs is there anything to do like moving vertex's and its gone ? ..
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

sometimes when i make levels some line appears which doesn't affect the riding . the line disappears if i change the correct vertex
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
ThanaTos
Kuski

Post by ThanaTos »

yea that bug is very simple to erase, you only have to move the vertex a little to make it disappear.
I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Green. The other one really sucks ostrich balls.

Hard to choose just one. don't think i should say any names :P

I've played across/elma for 5 years soon, so why not 5 more.

It's ok.

Yes.

Nah.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

1. green

2. kingnotin!!!!11 he has some issues with me :(

3. 4ever

4. good nick

5. no

6. no
RealiZer
Kuski

Re: Number Of Questions! paRtiCipAte ok?!

Post by RealiZer »

1. I use the green. Havent knew it was another there...
(Maybe that will be my favourite... ) ;)

2. Hmmm... Let me see... That must be.. No..
Wait.. Ahh.. Got it... Its.. : ME.
A tt over 2 hours And a IQ like a dog!

3. Ill play this game till a game which isnt....
No WAIT! Nothing can stop me playing this game.

4. BarTek is a nice Nick! ;)
(I better RealiZe something soon) :p

5. PRA? Who is that?

6. I like them..
I love tricking my m8s with them...
They press esc since they think they gonna Die!
HAHAHAHAH ... ;)
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

RealiZer wrote:PRA? Who is that?
Instant classic. :lol:

(It's an old team)

Questions:

1: Green

2: SoC is very very stupid, and very very funny. :lol:

3: As long as the community remains.

4: It's the worst nick I've ever heard in my entire life!!! I hope you will die a painful death and burn for all eternity in the bowels of hell for ruining my life by presenting this abomination unto all humans as a race have accomplished so far!!!! You have single-handedly vanquished all hope for the future that might still have been residing within me!!
Apart from that it's ok.

5: I think no, but hope yes. 8)

6: I can't say I care. Well, I can say that, but then I'd be lying, and lying is very very bad.
RealiZer
Kuski

Post by RealiZer »

MagnusB wrote:
RealiZer wrote:PRA? Who is that?
Instant classic. :lol:

(It's an old team)

Hehe.. im new.. Dont make me an stupido... :P :P :P

BLÆH
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Now you know. :D
chux
Kuski

Re: Suck!

Post by chux »

1. I use the original biker, the other one looks...too colourful

2. No-ones really 'stupid', not that Ive noticed anyway

3. No set limit

4. Nope

5. Who knows?

6. Yeah, theyre confusing
BarTek wrote:dont u hate when it happens?`!?!?!
Is that question 7?

7. Not really, I have noticed it happens though, all the time
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
m0nkeii
Kuski

Post by m0nkeii »

green one. looks nicer. someone said in the old 'lauta that balaszszsz's wife designed the yellow puke one

me. coz i'm a dumb n00b

i don't wanna play for more than 1 year. well i wanted to quit at the end of this year. but i probably can't. i might quit for something else, like if i got sponsorship for running and i had to train more or i decided to play guitar instead of elma. i might get bored of it in the end

a cool nick. i loled when i found it was your real name

PRA suxxius! dunno, do any of them even play anymore?

i get the one in Hangman
:arrow: http://www.geocities.com/hategreen/line.jpg

and i also got this one in onwe of my own levels. look at the map thing
:arrow: http://www.geocities.com/hategreen/mapbug.jpg

they don't really annoy me or anything so i don't care
Image Click the m0nkeii! Click it! | A
| tt=47:31,02 | wc4= 100th |
MopoGirl
Kuski

Post by MopoGirl »

1. i use style.lgr, it's awesome

2. cloud, OMG, need i say more? :lol: (kidding!)

3. untill i'm old and grey

4. i don't know what it means so i can't say if it's stupid or not...

5. who?

6. yes
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

I was wondering too... who is that PRA?
Epsilon | TT : 45:42,82 | Elma Around the World | Smile levpack
m0nkeii
Kuski

Post by m0nkeii »

PRA was an old ACross team
i'm not sure if they play elma, one of them may be doing wcup, so bart is asking if they are making a comeback
many people say
'PRA sux'
and i have no idea why?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

They did play elma a bit, they ruled the WR tables (Champi0N and KingKong mostly). Anyway, not many of them play anymore now, but wasn't TuA in PRA?
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

Yes, TuA was in PRA (I'm pretty sure).. And 3litres or somethingnickname...
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Champi0n, Kingkong, 3litre, TuA and probably some more.
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

Gasoline was also in PRA
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Mandel, DeG, Ntc, VipeR, Elwood
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

But as far as I know, TuA is the only one who still plays? Atleast I saw him in some contest not too long ago. Also Champi0N is now in #across, so maybe he plays as well.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
MopoGirl
Kuski

Post by MopoGirl »

you actully think it's champi0n? :)
just some time ago i saw some kuski's KOM interview or smth like that and he said that he liked to go to #across as champi0n and see how ppl go crazy :lol:
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

In his interview, BarTek wrote:-= Some funny stuff in #across you would wanna share to us?=-
heah...yeah! I love logging in as Jeppe or Champi0n and make
ppl go !>crAZy<! when the see me joining under false famous alias.
As the matter of fact i saved some shit from #across when i joined
as slix and asked mick and cloud if they wanted a WR replay from me:)
MopoGirl
Kuski

Post by MopoGirl »

so there, it's bar
MopoGirl
Kuski

Post by MopoGirl »

ok, must have been someone alse...
could someone maybe tell me why is champi0n so "famous"?
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Apparantly, he used to be the best guy, he held loads of Wrs, etc. But i dont know, im too new
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
m0nkeii
Kuski

Post by m0nkeii »

he was the equivalent of darmoed except in across
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

ok so ronimox is mopogirl.. geez.......
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

yep. she didn't get mopogirl as status so she changed her name that :P
Kloque
Kuski

Post by Kloque »

1: I use Trial.lgr and Style.lgr - Because both are really cool, and sometimes I get bored of a bike.

2: Umm, cheat0r's are stupidest

3: Forever I think

4: No, its Cool

5: Depends on if they ever try hard enough or not.

6: YES!
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

it was this message thtat I missed. ops sry
Last edited by magicman on 17 Jan 2003, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
Cubein
Kuski

Post by Cubein »

1. I use the defalt.lgr. (ohhh so it is that why MY bike is so slow 8O )

2. would`t tell if there where any.... he he

3. I`ve just played in 8-9months so the thought have never hit me

4. BarTek sounds good for me 8)

5. Almost everbody makes comeback. The question is how big comeback it`s gonna be

6. Is there a lev-editor ? tell me where! :wink:
Member of TAH...
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

hmm did'nt I make a post this morning,,, hmm okey some wrong..

1: I had yellow a while but then I got irritating on it so I changed to green

2: The OooO!!!! NO doubt about it ;) who is he/she? ;)

3: To much memories to just quit, have played now 4-5 years and I dont think I'll never quit playing it... Maybe if Elma2 sucks and all plays that!
(allways soft driving)

4: Icket! .]

5: naahh,,, but Abula was'nt theere a player "julmust" also ?
Piteå Radiactive Acrossers? (PRA) ... I maybe think DeG makes a comeback? he played for himself a while ago,

6: oh really

-No beer tonight :\\
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

magicman wrote: was'nt theere a player "julmust" also ?

julmust = 3litre
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men