Detail

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

MJXII
Kuski

Detail

Post by MJXII »

I just tried elma on low detail for the first time ever. I was pleased to see it didn't jerk at all when I was doing many things in the background, but it's so weird! Anyone who hasn't tried it: try it! You can actually see where you're going without polys getting obscured by grass and pictures. The internals are new levels! Or maybe I've just been drinking too much pepsi max.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I changed to low details after playing 5mins Elma when it came. It was so terrible experience after playing Across two years. I've got over it now.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

hehe....

:D
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

OK... sorry. I will not do this again. But, I must say, I feel scared now... You just can ban me... that is... well. Good in one way... But I maybee will get nervous when writing here....

Doesn´t Hehe count as "Something"?

well....
At least everyone chould get one (or three) warnings before getting banned...
If I get banned a big thing of my Elma-Life will die....
:cry:

edit: Guess this was my first warning... and Last :D
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

This is off-topic but. I won't ban no one, at least not because of this tiny thing you made. Don't worry :]. It means that if some people write always those it's quite opvious they're collecting (=flooding) posts to get .. erhm .. fame?

Anyway let's talk about the graphic details now.
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

If I'd only played elma for 5 mins I would hate low details too, but having played so much and become so used to the graphics, it's so.. refreshing :)
ThanaTos
Kuski

Post by ThanaTos »

MJXII: i can't imagine how you could play some externals cos some have so much pics and stuff that it's impossible to get a good time on them with high details on. but i personnaly think that levs without pics are boring to look at or most of them anyway.
I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

:D OK abula

I personally ride with hi as often as possible... Low looks so boring, looks ok with across.lgr though... used that for a while... But sometimes you just have to change to low... some externals have SOOOO annoying stuff. How can you make a level that is not drivable with hi? I don´t get it... why waste work on something noone (?) uses anyway? BarTek did nice work on Losts with this, if you compare (with internals) you can see that less levels has to be driven with low... This is nice... Often I just skip levels that is not drivable with hi detail....
Sometimes I even ride with animated objects... (my tsunami-ride is driven with hi and animated :D )
btw. Is there a way I can ride with animated killers, but non-animated apples?
this would be great...
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

Yes it would. Killers look nice and they don't look like they move up and down.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Just make own lgr without apple animation. Easy job.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I don´t think it would be easy for me... on the other hand I´d never tried LGR-program.... but maybe I should. Then my Lgr would look like this, Usual graphics with grass and pictures, but, You would drive in front of EVERYTHING, if this is not possible to change I would simply remove all pictures except Flag, secret area sign and st3top. Grass and different textures would still be there to. I would change the apples and flower so they can not be animated and I would change one bike to the across-bike. (the one, "swap bike: yes" would be replaced)

Maybee I forgot something, but this is what I would like in "my" Lgr.

And a question, when I used the AcrossLgr I noticed that only 3 backgrounds (+sky) was choosable so in some external the back- and foreground became the same... Does anyone have a different AcrossLgr with other backgrounds?
DacBitch
Kuski

Post by DacBitch »

hey ramone, i'll make that lgr for you! or for us actually. Good idea dude! I lost your e-address so write it to me again...
oh yeah, and i don't think i could put the across biker into this lgr. i would have to have the separate pics, head, legs, arms, etc..

DacBitch WEB
damjanr@hotmail.com
EML
Kuski

Post by EML »

8O It's impossible to play with hi-details. All the stuff in your way, so you can't see where to do the volts. My style is to find perfect spots to volt, so i need the low detail so i can see the ground. I can't see any reason to use the hi-details, and therefore i do not apply graphics to the levels i make either.

Edit: Why wasn't my signature attached? biatch
-I'm Jesus. Be Jesus like me. Religion is Poison.-

Ultimate Power - EML
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

EML, we can´t all be the same. But Of course some near-ground-pictures that you drive behind is annoying... but then, I am not a Hoyla like you.
:D
sometimes I have to drive with lo detail, and that is often boring... all I really need is grass. :) that is nice.
Petri
Kuski

Details

Post by Petri »

I always use details even though I did play Across for a long time. They don't really bother me at all and I've got used to the spinning apples aswell.

- Petri
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

i only keep low details in internals and ONLY on externals where the graffix are really bothering me on lev i try to do record on, but usually always high details all externals
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

I use high details most of the time,but if I start playing a new level that has lots of stuff on it and maybe like in some levels if they are on the way where the vertex for example curves or ends I get mad and change low details and play with that until I got it routine...or maybe if the graphic object is very badly on the way I play that level only with low details.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

did u ever notice how fucking ugly those trees and bushes are ? i just can't play with high details cos somone could have put one of those in the levl . anyway u can do awesome stuff in design with low detail
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i always use high detail
i am so excited when i see those lovely enigma trees :roll: 8O
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

and the sound in elma , man , balazs must have tripped with insane magnitude
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

yeah, sound roxxxxx
especially that trash-can sound, when you hit the apple
and that tchhhhhh sound, woow, i can hear it hundred times
and that vacuum-cleaner roaring
XTC
Kuski

Post by XTC »

i play(ed) without sound without details without anything. sounds sucks. the trees, barrels etc are annoying period
Im just a pretty boy or whatever you call it.
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

men hallo o_o dags att vakna.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I had a period of several months few years ago where I always had details low. This was before I got HighQ which later solved the problem of annoying pics, Ive been sticking to it ever since.
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

i never understood the use of pics and grass since that stuff is ugly as shit. furthermore default sky and especially ground are ugly too, so i'm using own minimal.lgr for about three years now. well this one ain't nice either but i won't bother changing it anyway.

edit: in the beginning i tried around a bit with different color settings for sky/ground such as white/grey, white/black, yellow/black, beige/grey and so on but this one looked best (and has acceptable contrast).
Last edited by kinghias on 3 Jan 2007, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Low detail is for easily distracted fools, real pros use high detail :twisted:
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

tom is cute
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

so is daniel

5 year old thread 8O
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

kinghias wrote:i never understood the use of pics and grass since that stuff is ugly as shit. furthermore default sky and especially ground are ugly too, so i'm using own minimal.lgr for about three years now. well this one ain't nice either but i won't bother changing it anyway.
nice! but why not black & white since you like it all so simple?
anyway that's a really good idea, i think i'm gonna use that lgr for a while as well if i'm not gonna be fed up of it after a week of course
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

i've tried black/white, it doesn't work though, too much contrast so the screen looks messed up and your eyes start hurting...
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I mosly have it on low detail... and i use normal lgr.. coz so i can use some pics/lines for guidance :P

But maybe i should try this HighQ lgr.. never seen it
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i use HighQ.lgr, low details and default ground/sky, works perfect for me
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

low detail makes elma so boring. i used it for 5 mins before switching back to normal ;D

kinghias that is the worst lgr i have seen to date, looks like driving elma in MS paint.

playing battles i use highQ, playing others i use defult.lgr.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

It very much looks like retro.lgr, but with a better bike, I might be using it even, although the original background of elma (sky, ground) has never disturbed me.
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

tijsjoris wrote:It very much looks like retro.lgr, but with a better bike, I might be using it even, although the original background of elma (sky, ground) has never disturbed me.
yeah you're right. i like playing with retro on vks comp, but the bike kinda annoys me a bit. so this might be the way to go. thanks kinghias.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Juble wrote:kinghias that is the worst lgr i have seen to date, looks like driving elma in MS paint.
no bad words about MS paint pls
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V6AgJNEEwq0
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65