The feeling of making a WR

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

The feeling of making a WR

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I was wondering just a while ago what was the feeling you get when you accomplish a WR, what emotions circulate through your veins and brain?

I'm asking this question to many people:
- usual WR holders (Zweq, John, TorInge, etc. )
- frequent WR holders (Karlis, axxu, etc. )
- once in a lifetime or so (krus, otork, memphis(?!), dariuz(?), bokhylle, etc. )

I'm guessing the feeling is quite different from zweq to memphis, from john to krus, etc. Do you scream? laugh? cry?? For usual WR holders, does it still feel the same. I mean after more than 50 WRs, i guess it's less passionate... is it? I want to know.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Well, obviously some of them feel better than others. I recall I had the best feeling with Tricks Abound. It was my first WR. Also when I was the first to take Bowling under 01:00:00 it felt really nice. Basically I can say that it usually gives a better feeling when you invent something new and know you are able to take that WR. It's somewhat satisfying.

No, I never screamed or anything like that. I might have had a little smile on my face but that's all.
(*_*) (*_*) (*_~) (~_~) ...zzzZZZzzZZ...
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

maybe you should try to take one:)
and yes, it's nice to take some wr:)
[carebox]
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Ya it is a great feeling. It seems like for me anyway i holyed the bloody animal farm for so long and then one ride finaly makes it worth while. Had a huge smile on my face after and had some adrenaline going through me and gave my gf a call because it was valentines day and she got mad at me, even though we were still on schedule for dinner that night. Moral of the story don't tell ur gf u made the wr.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

Memphis wrote:Had a huge smile on my face after and had some adrenaline going through me and gave my gf a call because it was valentines day and she got mad at me, even though we were still on schedule for dinner that night. Moral of the story don't tell ur gf u made the wr.
lol, must be something I really whane hear... "hey babe! just got this perfect bounce, smooth run... ANIMAL FARM IS MIIIIIINEEE!!!"
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Ya i think she actually got turned on by it after. haha. But im hoping to move out of the once in a life time category there boneless.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

it still gives a feeling of satisfaction, some wrs more than others, but first few wrs had some special magic over them.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

umm its bad time to write a long post, but ill try something.

obviously first wr was fucking awesome, which was 36.82 bumpy for me, the development on it lasted for maybe 2 months (playing every now and then) and when I realised it's possible wr it took maybe week of pure hoyl all free time. of course it was damn awesome, after admiring all the pro recs for years, entering the club yourself sort of.
After bumpy journey wr making came a lot easier, I guess a lot was learned about making rides more and more perfect, uphill battle was ridiculously easy, 21.16 I think it was and old wr was 21.5x, I dont remember any too special feelings for this wr, nothing compared to bumpy or something that came later. sink 32.84 and islands 21.32 didnt feel too special (I think those were one of the first wrs as well) either. The first wr after bumpy that felt very fucking good was haircut 41.88 when old wr was somewhere at 43, I can't tell you how fucking special I felt with finding new style on elastomania level! obviously all the new styles later felt just as good also, such as what the heck start, some shit in serpents, hell... the list goes on.

as you probably could guess, the recent apple harvest, ramp frenzy, hi flyer, animal farm, warm up, tunnel terror and maybe steppes (that wasnt purely self found) go totally to different category, you will understand better with edq I guess. I found it useless to spend time hoyling, because results are a lot better when time is spent on testing

ok what wr wins the emo cup. maybe a bit surprisingly warm up wr was the one that made me most emotional (since you asked about laughing blabla), I was really amazed of the time I can tell you that, I had just got ,04 and I was already blasted off, spamming john about sick new wr and all that shit. then couple of more tries while thinking about the upcoming wr table, and what the fuck 14.00, that damn smile on my face should have been photoed, dame

now sleep
Jarkko
Kuski

Post by Jarkko »

When uphill wr was 20:13 and I accidentally got 20:38 -> 20:15 with little mistake at end, I was like "no way, wtf so close. I did that about 2 in the morning and I couldn't sleep well because I was shaking and sweating and thinking that time all the time.

But I don't remember much what I felt when I got 20:12 (and later 20:11). Maybe it wasn't that big deal because I knew I could do it. It was something like "haha, finally got you".
TT: 43
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

nice story zweg.
Religious Man
||
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

milagros wrote:maybe you should try to take one:)
and yes, it's nice to take some wr:)
And I do remember the feeling I had when I saw that freefall WR!
You've thought about that in a bus, haven't you?

P.S.: Nice choice topic, fella.
I was just asking myself the same. :)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Cloud wrote:Well, obviously some of them feel better than others. I recall I had the best feeling with Tricks Abound. It was my first WR. Also when I was the first to take Bowling under 01:00:00 it felt really nice. Basically I can say that it usually gives a better feeling when you invent something new and know you are able to take that WR. It's somewhat satisfying.

No, I never screamed or anything like that. I might have had a little smile on my face but that's all.
Same as above. My first wr best feeling. Heart started to beat fast as hell right before I finished. Then also when I made Zig Zag under 01:00:00. And there it was just as Cloud said, I had some minor changes and knew I could get wr under the magic minute.

Bowling wr never gave very good feeling cause never finished a fast drive there. Its like this, first wr feels best. Then can´t get same feeling again.

Even if I play 10 hours Zig Zag and drive that wr I wouldnt be satisfied. Just can´t. :D

(Tested Zweq zz end yesterday in trainlev and accually did 16:68... best with "normal" end 17:00 and best with minor change to normal end 16:89. Zweq end is not as hard as it looks, but much harder than bounce.)

oops. off-topic
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Aaah, forgot. Accually was ok feeling when me and BarTek made multi wr on Enigma. Was fun to finish with new route. Also had max fun while playing for that.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

New Wave felt nice to obtain as well. just happy to be out of the once in a life time wr category!
Religious Man
||