DarMoeD's unbeliveable success

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

DarMoeD's unbeliveable success

Post by dz »

First aff all, i know there are several topics which concerns darmoed somehow, but none of them really was basically about his general success in elma scene.

So i would like to start somewhat deep conversations and argues about him and his totally amazing and fast success in every elma area.

:* He suddenly started rising on total time list, 41, 40, 39 and now he is totally dominating the list.
:* He suddenly started to get WR's. 2, 4, and then after a while, 14 WR's in the same table
:* He is totally dominating World Cup 4 where all the best players are competing each others.
:* He does all these things at the same time. Yes, they are not just step-by-step accomplishments. Amazing huh?
:* He comes from russian, from where hasn't came anyone even semi-succesful elma player so far.
:* He is first who publically told about graphic card tuning, and how well it affects elma physics. Is that the cause of his success or just a cover up story for something else? (i said this because someone once said it to me, and it's not that stupid idea after all..)
:* And last but not least, we know, what comes to internals, it's all about correct styles, styles which have been developed during many years. when he got many of his first amazing WR's and closed quickly 39 minutes total time, he was very rarely seen online, especially on #across, which is main source of styles, naturally. how could he get all the finest and fastest styles so quickly, that's an interesting question.

I'm not writing all these things to claim he has achieved these amazing things with somehow unnatural ways, I only want to start discussion on this subject. after all, at the moment, his the best of the best, surely we must discuss the reasons of the success.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

well it seems very clear that he uses the graphic tuning. i also been thinking maybe he discovered höyling for real, he has said he has no life, which at least not all pro's have said. he could be playing several hours a day, for a long time. but then he could be a liar, which would explain everything too.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Cloud
38mins club

aye

Post by Cloud »

He used email for trading styles, even I got a mail.

Yes, I agree, he rose from nowhere. He were a "normal" player for a year and had about 43 tt. Then it didn't take long when he got 41, then 40 and 39. I wonder how he suddenly became so good, it's weird... :?:
(*_*) (*_*) (*_~) (~_~) ...zzzZZZzzZZ...
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

I remember quite well the development of his total time. He improved it all the time and still doing. Everybody has the limit (well most of us) but for this guy it's WR total time. He had 47 mins and nobody recognized it, then 46, 45, 44, 43 and finally people started to think about it. 42 and 41, what the hell, how is crazy new player? Then 40 mins and still improving and soon he will be in 38 mins.

What's different when comparing the other pros is that DMD has good Elma self esteem. He knows he can beat everything. He doensn't give up and therefore his total time is still improving.

I asked DMD to make a week diary where to write all things he makes in a week. It would be interesting to see the amount of time doing other things etc.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Ikop
Kuski

Post by Ikop »

first of all dz you can't say that there are no succeful rusian players..
if you will look in the top 300 you will see that thare are russian players
whith a total of 44.45,46 min' and many of them are in the top 50 in some levels.

and about darmoed succes-
1) well i know that he plays more than enybody from you played, plays ,and will play in the future,
he iven plays at night...

2)he not just plays , he thinks about every level,every inch,every move that he does, he thinks how to do better every style.

3)he is very skilled

4)probable he has a target that motivate him to get better and better.

that's all
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Dzs arguments look like kiss faces :*

There is only one simple solution: ch33t azz niGGa .....but I dont claim its true, just simple :wink:
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Ikop wrote:first of all dz you can't say that there are no succeful rusian players..
if you will look in the top 300 you will see that thare are russian players
whith a total of 44.45,46 min' and many of them are in the top 50 in some levels.
As semi-successfull, i kinda meant players who have had maybe a wr or at least very close to it, or like top30 total time. first russian besides darmoed is located just below 100th position on total time.. well that can be succesful for someone, but as we look how many finns are under 100, we can see there are almost 30 different names. i don't think they all are succesfull.
EML
Kuski

Post by EML »

The options:

A. He got no life except elma, no school, no partying, no work, nothing but eat, shit, sleep and play elma. Also he got a very good talent.

B. He's discovered something that gives him an advantage compared to other players.

C. a-talent + b

D. a+b

The option i think is most likely is option D. But off course, it could one of the other options.

-Note to possible critics: I've not said anything about cheating. It could be something that you would not say is 'cheating' just like the tuning, only that it's not something others know about.
-I'm Jesus. Be Jesus like me. Religion is Poison.-

Ultimate Power - EML
Provisional
Kuski

Post by Provisional »

I agree with EML's A; B. can be another option but DMD revealed his graphic tuning to us all but no one has improved as much as him. DMD might be like those really skinny ppl that think they are fat and still try to get even skinnier: DMD doesn`t think he is doing very well and hoylas like hell to improve his TT, WRs are just bonuses.
but then again DMD could be an Elma-prodigy given to us as a gift from the ruler himself, Balazs. hehe. someone said that they had a friend who made the steppes style on his 1st day playing elma. DMD must have those natural skills and he must be an elma genius-discovering minor tricks that adds up to those insane times.
Provisional
Kuski

Post by Provisional »

i forgot this situation during my post. just like me, DMD might have been playing Elma for 1+ years but not posted on Mopolauta. DMD couldve been developing his skills for the past 1.5 years but his TT was crappy so he never went public on the elma scene. and maybe ever since he discovered his tuning techniques and improved his skills and lowered his TT is decided he had what it takes to introduce himself to the scene (not that there is such a thing). and now we all know him as the guy 0wning the WCUP/WRTable and hoyling like a crazy mofo living in a pile of his own filth, hehe (no offense DMD).
Alexey
Kuski

Post by Alexey »

There are many strange ppl in Russia, whom u can't understand :wink:
And one of them is DMD.
And it's great, that he plays Elma, I think
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

well i dont kno or claim to no DmD at all

from wot i kno he does not brag and boist about his great times,

this i believe is the differnece between the ones we remeber and the ones we wont
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
ciph
38mins club

Post by ciph »

martin, so we will or wont remember DMD?
TT: 38:51.97 (13th)
EM: 38:39.69 (8th)
-planning retirement
-planning comeback
Provisional
Kuski

Post by Provisional »

will we remember ciph? I'll remember his statements in the thread titled, EML vs DZ vs ciph. and that ciph is a damn replay spreader (or so I've read) and he hates rebel. :lol: j/k
r3b3l
Kuski

Post by r3b3l »

ok, DMD is a really great guy, he has friends and a life outside of elma, but the key thing with him is probably that also many of his friends are very good at elma too. DMD is a k00l guy, hes got a fucking amazing talent in elma (but not in cs h0h0 :wink: ) He does calculate ever single move he makes to the finest detail. He tweaks his video card to perfection for EVERYSINGLE LEVEl. A different type of vid card setting for every level, and for what he plans on doing. Most of us might take this time and precision in our school work or jobs, but he takes thois kind of effort on elma, and that is what makes him the best of the best. Don't call him a cheater or a loser because he isn't. He is a great guy so dont judge him without knowing him. besides he is born same day as me 8) and it is just like abula says, he knows he is the best and he knows that he can do what has never been done before, but he doesnt act arrogant and cocky about it either.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

and another wcup win, another amazing wr..
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Tuning isnt that much as soem ppl might think... if you are not good it doesnt really help... I have Heclules (graphic card.. or whatever it is) and that prog other used to tune dont work for me.. I called my brother and he found a prog for me. Kyro Tools XP... I can disable vsync with that... (maybe I can do other stuff.. dont know) and on some levels you accually see difference.. but it is tiny stuff, ok? I really dislike tuning.. but when I realised elma works different on different computers you cant really say tunin gis wrong.. and if it really helps him as much as some of you think.. when, then he is just a skilled tuner... still I dont think a Basic (yet complex :wink: ) Game liek this should need those adjustings to play... but... I can still have fun with it... blablbalba maybe a bit of topic... but I bet DMD dont uses perfect tune for EVeRY level... I heard he uses for just a few...
Elasto Mania - ez better
ciph
38mins club

Post by ciph »

im expecting a DMD fan site by dz any day................................ :wink:
TT: 38:51.97 (13th)
EM: 38:39.69 (8th)
-planning retirement
-planning comeback
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

ciph wrote:martin, so we will or wont remember DMD?
hopefully we will remember him

wot do think he thinks about us talking about him like this, do u think he reads this and laughs (in a nice way) at people and shit caus if this was about me i would
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Alexey
Kuski

Post by Alexey »

If u don't like topics about dmd, don't read it.
GodFather
Kuski

YO!

Post by GodFather »

Why shouldn't ppl admire him?
And back to the topic.... I think it's our FatherGods :wink: will what makes DMD so g00d...
"... And you will now my name is the LORD when I lay my fingaz upon thee"
Laser
Kuski

Post by Laser »

dmd is the chosen one...all praise the elma god...
Blimey.
Cna
Kuski

Post by Cna »

Darmoed seems as a nice guy and I respect him and his elma-playing.

But I can't really say that i admire him...

Sure it would have been fun to be so skilled in elma as Darmoed, but i choose other things to do with my spare time :twisted:

Keep on rocking Darmoed :wink:

"We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse..."
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.
Kain
Kuski

Post by Kain »

I could never respect someone who wastes his life by playing the same game 22 hours a day.
I be houlier than thou!!!