Which is the best Elma table (for Excel)?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

zworqy
Kuski

Which is the best Elma table (for Excel)?

Post by zworqy »

Which do you think is THE table to use for comparing your times to WRs and such?

Maybe it sounds like bragging, but I really think my own is. It's the biggest (over 100k) I've seen and also the most complete.

Check it out here.

I don't say that other's tables are bad, most are actually very good, but not quite as good as mine. (Sorry for bragging, again)

Which table do YOU want to recommend?

Ps. Abula, I'm very unsure if this is the right forum. It fits in almost all of them.
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

well, basically it's the same table, outlook just made kinda better, which makes it pritty cool looking, but i still prefer the "original" excel since it has the graphical table.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:well, basically it's the same table, outlook just made kinda better, which makes it pritty cool looking, but i still prefer the "original" excel since it has the graphical table.
I guess you mean that original is the one by CSabi..? I think mine is better ;). There you see the real difference to WR, relative difference isn't needed in my opinion. Haven't checked zworqy's .. yet.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

dz: Did you check the ENTIRE document? There are 7 pages, on containing 2 big graphs. Look in the bottom of Excel to see the tabs with the page names...

Abula: Absolute diff. doesn't tell you much. 2 secs from WR can be very much or very little, depending on the level. But relative diff. tells you which levels you have the best chance of improving. But what I really was going to say is: If you want absolute times, the max on the graph should be at least a minute ( it's 1:12 in mine), not 3-4 secs as in yours. Only 10-20 people in the world will find that useful... if you hav exactly 3 secs over the WR on every level, your total is ca 42 mins... but for it to be realistic to actually be less than 3-4 sec away on every level, you would have to have a total of 40:00 - 40:30...
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

ye i looked it all the way down and saw ONE page with ONE simple table, just like in other similar excels.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Hmm....It has 7 pages; one with the difference to WR's, one with graphs based on that, one that shows how your average times differ from your best times, one with difference to OLP WR's, one with difference to Lost Internals WR's, one with target times for internals, and one with target times for OLP.
Last edited by SveinR on 17 Nov 2002, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
GodFather
Kuski

!??!

Post by GodFather »

I don't use any tables :oops:
"... And you will now my name is the LORD when I lay my fingaz upon thee"
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

zworqy: it was supposed to change the max depending on the times you have, too bad if it doesn't work in that way.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

dz wrote:ye i looked it all the way down and saw ONE page with ONE simple table, just like in other similar excels.
There are tabs a the bottom of the excel window.

zworqy - i agree, that is the best elma table yet.
Watch the birdy...
Rigger
Donator duck

Post by Rigger »

i don't even have excel :(

\-Rigger
aka: Rig, Riggy, Rigster, Rigg0r, DanShark, R0gst0r, Rocker and many many others
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Chris Penrose wrote:
dz wrote:ye i looked it all the way down and saw ONE page with ONE simple table, just like in other similar excels.
There are tabs a the bottom of the excel window.

zworqy - i agree, that is the best elma table yet.
ye my mistake, didn't know excel has paging kind of system.
now it's looking pritty fine. :)