norwegian starcraft guru slayer plays elma omgwtfbbq

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

J-sim
39mins club

norwegian starcraft guru slayer plays elma omgwtfbbq

Post by J-sim »

i don't really know anything about starcraft but i was just randomly reading about some of the top players and stumbled upon an interview with the norwegian player slayer, who supposedly is like the only european who could ever keep up with the koreans. in this interview he says the only other game he plays is elastomania! the interview is from back in 2004 but i am wondering if we know who this is and why he didn't become the greatest elma player of all time?!
OMG
KD
Kuski

Re: norwegian starcraft guru slayer plays elma omgwtfbbq

Post by KD »

For the same reason that Zweq didn't became the best starcraft player either. :)
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

sure. but if this guy played elma just a little more than just for fun it would be really interesting to know how good he was. and maybe some of the norwegian kuskis know this guy and can tell something?!
hex
Kuski

Post by hex »

interest shared. are people good in some games good in other games too? why is jellow so jelly? etc.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

I found a picture, but I don't know who he is
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

I went to same school as him actually... :P

He is two years older than me I think, but I don't know anything about his elma skills...
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

The world is tiny!

By the way, he's my son. :wink:
:mrhat:
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

it doesnt seem logical to think that because he is good at starcraft he should be good at elma. starcraft is more methodical, whereas elma is more reactionary, which are two different types of thinking/gaming.
God Bless America
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Bismuth wrote:The world is tiny!

By the way, he's my son. :wink:
He's about 25-30 now, so your semen still worked at the age of 70. That's some accomplishment!
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

gimp wrote:it doesnt seem logical to think that because he is good at starcraft he should be good at elma. starcraft is more methodical, whereas elma is more reactionary, which are two different types of thinking/gaming.
it's hard to say. of course you are not wrong but i wouldn't say you are right either. someone like jeppe is as far as i remember pretty good at starcraft and also really good at elma. and if you take someone like zweq, he is pretty good at any kind of game he tries.
i'm just saying that it is really really interesting that one of the most talented starcraft players ever has played, what can only be guessed, but what seems to be a considerable amount of elma. think about how competitive starcraft is. it would be really fun to know how good times he got and how fast.

edit: oh. just a thought that's not totally related but still... it would be so cool if some kuski was like filthy rich and willing to donate a ton of money to be used as prize money in an elma contest, just to draw some of the top gamers to elma and see what they could accomplish.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

50 euro contest? liek what a smashing success that was.
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

it would have to be more than people could make from playing other games.