Elasto Mania 10 year anniversary help needed

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Elasto Mania 10 year anniversary help needed

Post by niN »

Elasto Mania 10 Year Anniversary 3rd of February 2010 - http://www.creapple.se/EMD

Hello community! First of all I started a new topic since the last one was about discussing what could be done and now we've established that, so this is the next step. I took the initiative of making this happen since nobody else wanted to, I waited 'til the last minute before I turned the wheels because as most of you out there think: someone who joined the scene in 2005 should not be the face of this operation. Having said that I want you all to know that this is a community event, I will not make any decisions without having consulted them with you guys. And that's why I made this thread.

What? We'll make an chronogical Elasto Mania Documentary with every single piece of history ever taken place regarding the game.

How? There will be a main crew (assembled mainly by me) which will engage lauta and other community users in sharing history and give comments on what they remember about the game and the community. The crew members are then given a category each to further investigate (for example the making of Moposite, or TorInge's >50% of the wrs), and they must all investigate thoroughly and have a report finished before a reasonable deadline. They will send interviews to players invoulved with the category, lots or research etc. Some less experienced and less reliable crew members will be given easier categories, and dedicated crew members will be given a little more time consuming ones. Then we put everything together making one big report - or manuscript - which the movie makers then will make the actual documentary from.

Who? Anyone can join the crew! All you have to do is send a pm to me and tell me if you think you can contribute with some work, and if you will stay active throughout the entire period (it's nessecary to run a smooth operation). We need at least 10 crewmembers so don't be shy. Even if you don't join the crew, your work will be very needed and noticed on the outside by giving us information and hints.

EMDCrew
Jappe2, niN, Uncle Milty, Pawq, gimp, Drace, Blud, Alma (?), Bismuth, Thorze (?), Zebra, SveinR*
* our Go- to guy.

Community Responsibility

I expect every single one of you elma playing souls to actively engage in this project and tell us what you remember from the past which could be included to the documentary. It's recommended you do so here in this thread, but you may of course also do it in IRC, Belma chat, other Elasto Mania Communities (elmasite, elastomaniac, russian forums etc.), as long as the information reaches one of the crew members. And remember, everyone is welcome to join the crew.

Let's make this a great Elasto Mania Documentary, and a great experience!
Last edited by niN on 8 Jan 2010, 19:41, edited 4 times in total.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Zweq
34mins club

Re: Elasto Mania 10 year anniversary help needed

Post by Zweq »

I think getting hands on all #across logs since 2000 would help a lot getting the idea what happened each year, because elma relied heavily on IRC til 2007 really. This task is really hard, you could write a couple of books about each elma year, I wonder how you gonna decide what to mention and what not
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

if their are anything i can do to help pls let me know, would love to be in on this
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

The longer the helpers have been in the scene, the better imo.
I'm sure new guys like Pawq, Bismuth and Alma are enthustiastic and want to help, but can they really catch the feeling of the old times?
I'm sure they would do their job and get the info needed, but it must be so much harder to make something up without being there at the time.

Let the old timers do this. Just an opinion.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I agree.

I'm out. o,o
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I don't really like this attitude "only the old schoolers can do it". You're part of this scene aren't you? Everyone is part of it. And all these new guys like pawq, Bismuth and Alma are - whether you like it or not - the future of this game. Besides none of the old schoolers seems to be enthusiastic enough to actually do some work. I need support from the entire community to pull this off, not just the ol' kuskis. Sure, they're the one who can supply us with memories and information, but they won't do any work! But the new guys on the other hand are so enthusiastic and so fresh that they're a great asset for me in this project because they will work hard.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Well I have been in teh maybe from late 2000 or something, but I really can't remember much of those days. And I have never been interested in wrs, internals or sach so I don't know anything about those things. I just made levs, had my own site, then grafopoint etc.. o,o If I can help somehow, I will. But I won't be able to do anything from 30.12.09-8.1.10 or something. And then of course I need to start organizing my own cup xD
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

i think digging through old, forgotten parts of lauta would give us much information..
Drace
Kuski

Post by Drace »

Pawq wrote:i think digging through old, forgotten parts of lauta would give us much information..
hah i sometimes go digging old topics to find out the history of the scene:)
if there is anything we new players can do, tell us. At least I am eager to help
Team IEM

~Exchange student in Mexico 2010-2011~
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Drace wrote:if there is anything we new players can do, tell us. At least I am eager to help
Yeah, you can sign up for the crew :) I will give you some tasks which you should all be able to handle and you will get a lot of help from me and other more experienced crew members. This topic isn't for arguing whether you can help or not, it's for supplying us with information! So if you want to help (never mind if you're not sure if you can) simply send me a pm and we'll take care of it!
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

niN wrote:And all these new guys like pawq, Bismuth and Alma are the future of this game.
So touching :cry:

I said I wanted to help, I still do :)
:mrhat:
zyntifox
39mins club

Post by zyntifox »

I could probably give some input on the early years when SC was active if it's wanted. Not gonna write an essay or anything about it, but if you got specific questions just mail them to me through mopolautas mail system. Or I could come by on IRC one day, if thats more convenient.
HÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆH
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

that's great, thanks zyntifox. When we have the crew we will start digging and asking around.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i think it would be easy for the guys if you'd ask some specific questions. i've been in the scene for about 5 years now and i could probably tell something too, but i don't really know what to say. and i guess i'm not the only one who thinks so.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

well it's my birthday today, and tomorrow it's new years but the day after that I will dig for hours searching for everything I can find about elma history. All I want from you is maybe tell me what you remember, if you remember anything specific. e.g I really remember TorInge getting over 50% of the wrs. That's all you have to say: "TorInge over 50% of wrs", and then I/the crew will find out more about it. So if you can't think of anything wait a few days until I will make a list of things I could find. then maybe things will pop into your heads.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I could also help a bit, since I haven't played elma for some time now.
PM me what to do and I'll do it.
Not too hard tasks please.
ToMaT
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Great idea!

Same as zyntifox: I could answer to questions sent by mail (use lassi at pulu dot org).

I hope you know the http://www.moposite.com/community_history.php
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Thanks Abula :D Now this project is starting to get some ground. I didn't dig at all last night. will try tonight instead! zyntifox and Abula, you can expect some emails in january! And abula, yeah I will use that page and all of old/new moposite when I go digging. And to all of you who have offered me your services, we are soon enough to start the work! thanks all.
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Great idea nIN. I myself have never been very active in lauta or irc, but somehow i have always known whats going on, so i guess i could have sum valueable info. But i dont know if i should be in the crew though o,o i will think on teh last 10 years and write some thoughts from me. Ill upload it in a couple of days :)
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Wow, first time I've seen a new Abula post - the god of lauta. o,o
ToMaT
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I made an official website for the project. On it you can see a list of things which might be included in the Documentary. I already started digging a lot and found some information. If you think something is missing tell us.

www.creapple.se/EMD

And we need at least 3 more crew members so come on people!
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

some mistake, although not by you, in there is that john got under 36 29th(or 28th) june not 13th july. it bothers me how it still isn't fixed on the moposite
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

oh, does anyone know the exact date?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

He posted it on lauta the 29th of June: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 75#p174175
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

SveinR wrote:He posted it on lauta the 29th of June: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 75#p174175
it was the 28th of june, 21:20 :)
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Canadian time is not world time, you know
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

and here's what explains the :)
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Ye I got under on 29th of June.

Memorable level: MOPOCO15, imo the most classic pipelevel out there.
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

what about the 50 euro pip0r? thats another classic pipe
TT= 38 somethin
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Okay so now we have a little crew (check the first post). I will pm you guys with some info.

Remember, if you still want in it's not too late. You are welcome anytime! I will update the site now and again so keep helping me with info!
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i don't want to sound very negative, but i guess it's going to be a big fail
let me wait and then complain after it's done (standard approach of testers in eol)
[carebox]
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

i've been playing for quite a long time, but dont remember everything. mostly from some of the early years. if you give me some questions from the scene between 2002 and 2005 i may be able to answer some. send the questions in pm and i will try.
TT= 38 somethin
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

Don't have time to read everything, so this may have been said earlier. WCups should be included in the documentary, and also other cups. For instance LOS-cups (2001, 2003, 2007), TEC, MasterCup and elimination cup.
TT: 42
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Cfilorvy talked about cups. I don't know why, but he didn't mention King Cup. It was quite a big success, maybe bigger than any of those he mentioned xD Anyways, you can find info here: http://www.grafopoint.com/KC.htm
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Thanks guys! Ye SveinR said that the WCups should be a big part of the film. And I intend to include as many big cups as I can. Including all of them you've written there. I will add them to the list tonight.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Ville_J wrote:Cfilorvy talked about cups. I don't know why, but he didn't mention King Cup. It was quite a big success, maybe bigger than any of those he mentioned xD Anyways, you can find info here: http://www.grafopoint.com/KC.htm
ah those stories are so valuable after all these years,yeah it's the only cup i sent my time on every event :D
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya i remember kings cup quite well. I remember the 2nd event when dz somehow made that pipe to get a crazy time. such good players playing in that cup.

I was looking for myself because I thought I sent in a time or two for that cup and I couldn't find myself because my nick was Cypress way back when.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
jw
Kuski
Team: raam65

Post by jw »

Maybe I completely overlooked it, but what who I missed in the Elasto Mania Documentary List is Darmoed. When I first visit the moposite he was so untouchable and so famous, the best ElMa player ever!
This brings me to milagros and MGen, who created cheat detech application, I think this should be in the documentary as well. As well as some cheat methods, such as save-load and Nitro-patcherish cheat programs.
jw
Kuski

Post by jw »

Actually I would like someone to film milagros telling the story, how he first gets his hands on one of Darmoeds replays, the sensation he was feeling when he discovered it was cheated. Could milagros believe it? How did milagros react, who contacted he first?
These people should be filmed as well and ofcourse Darmoed should be interviewed as well. Does he sometimes think back of the days when he was cheating? Was he addicted to the attention? Why did he go on and on and on and on? Would he still be here in 2010 if he wasn't caught? etc. etc.
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

KingC02.lev was quite a legend. Ask Karlis how much he enjoyed it.

Also don't forget team KC!1
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

jw, Thanks! I will update the site tonight and add some cheating history with DMD and other famous cheaters (thought the actual movie will probably only focus on what you said jw).
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

niN, you can remove that (?) besides my name
jw
Kuski

Post by jw »

niN, here you can find some info, because I do not know a lot about it:
http://paprika.moposite.com/info_knowledge_cheating.php
http://www.moposite.com/stuff_illegality.php
I thought Hibernatus was also in the anti-cheating group.

Milagros onced filled in the KOM-inteview, not a lot about anti-cheating though: http://www.moposite.com/misc_text_files ... h_0601.txt
And so did Nostrada: http://paprika.moposite.com/txt/kom/kus ... h_0210.txt
and Darmoed: http://paprika.moposite.com/txt/kom/kus ... h_0208.txt
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Perfect jw! Just the kind of commitment we need ;) thanks! I updated the site btw, but will read through jws stuff and re update it.

EDIT:
I need help with these two (mainly)
1) External: Famous Kuskis and their achievements
2) Contest: Famous Kuskis (playing and arranging)

I guess from what I've seen Axxu and MP are two famous kuskis contest-wise. Axxu has won many of the biggest cups and MP won two WCups and arranged King Cup and Kon Quest.
Cfilorvy
Kuski

Post by Cfilorvy »

Ville_J wrote:Cfilorvy talked about cups. I don't know why, but he didn't mention King Cup. It was quite a big success, maybe bigger than any of those he mentioned xD Anyways, you can find info here: http://www.grafopoint.com/KC.htm

Ye, I just gave some examples :D There's been a lot of great cups.
TT: 42
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Correction, MP won 3 worldcups in a row. that's why I want another worldcup to see if he shows himself again. maybe the biggest upset in cup history was TEC cup when I took down Ramzi in the first round of elimination. i was ranked 30th he was ranked 3rd going into it. a bit lucky on my part when you watch the replays in the finish.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

3 world cups in a row? I thought Dr_Luni won WCup 2000 and 3?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Memphis wrote:Correction, MP won 3 worldcups in a row. that's why I want another worldcup to see if he shows himself again.
Correction: MP won 2 World Cups in a row (World Cup 4 and World Cup 5). I believe World Cup 4 was first "won" by DarMoeD.

Any such documentary HAS to mention Dr Luni. He won both World Cup 2000 and World Cup 3 (which he absolutely dominated; winning 8 of 20 events!). World Cup 2000 might not really consern this documentary though, as it took place before Elma was released.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Well, with that anti-cheating :

I first wanted to get the exact time from rec and by doing that I mistakely found out nostrada's, hazding's (or whatever their current nicks were) and mrickx's recs are cheated, I didn't really check for cheats originally. Later MGen first created some nice prog to detect same thing (+some other cheats where detection didn't work 100%) based on what I told him (made some minor improvements there) and later I did some other nitro cheats detectors + some multi merge detector but it wasn't really used. Then i kinda gave up on this, it didn't make sense..

Later Abula came back from teh army and asked what's new. He managed to get autoplay from Karlis and asked if i can do some detector for that. As i expected, the prog had some 'bug' and it was easy to detect and it took me 10 mins to implement. I checked pack of recs I had and surprisingly all darm's recs were shown as cheated. The detector didn't work 100%, it shows all cheated recs as cheated but there was some probability on win98 (i found 3 recs of mine like that) that non-cheated recs are shown as cheated. Unfortunately teh first rec of daemon I've seen (headbanger) is shown as cheated and blabla.. teh worst mistake in my coding career in elma:/. MGen had nothing to do with this 'new cheating wave'.

Orcc sent me some recs from some cup a few years later (by Cocok and Inferno) that had same bug as autoplay / darm's cheat (I'm not sure if they used that).

That's about it. I never wanted to do anything like anti-xiit, it just happened. Next eol will have some antixiit stuff some semi-pros wont be able to get through it. No point in doing it any better. Pros like me can do anything:)
Last edited by milagros on 6 Jan 2010, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
[carebox]
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

sorry u guys are right, i was remembering he won 3 events in a row in both of the cups.
Religious Man
||