Petition against uphill FF's

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Petition against uphill FF's

Post by Kopaka »

Belma is getting infested with these boring to dead hard uphill first finish battles that are no fun to play at all.

I'm know I'm not the only one who thinks this, and pretty sure that it's a very few people who actually like them. It's okay everyone once in a while if a few people like them, but I see them many times a day, or just make an uphill as a PART of a level with other things too. So to those who make them, please consider to make much fewer of them :*

I know of a lot of them probably don't read lauta, so when they are battled, complain so the designers know they are not wanted.

Agree?
Igge
38mins club

Re: Petition against uphill FF's

Post by Igge »

John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

NO ))
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

YE ((
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Yes. I agree.

But still, people used to complain about there being too many pipes, now too many uphills.. I'm sure something else is going to come along and take their place soon.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Everything changes... The weather changes ..Fashion changes .. Belma changes =)
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Igge wrote:Yes. I agree.

But still, people used to complain about there being too many pipes, now too many uphills.. I'm sure something else is going to come along and take their place soon.
Pipe obsession started after world cup 4, that's about 7 years :/ can't wait that long
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

little OT: nekit's uphills are still maybe better, than his pipes. They were terrible as hell. Bumpy pies just suck.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

some people really like these levels, that includes me. im serious.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

agree, as soon as I see that kind of lev, I'm immediately off playing Labyrinth, or simply quitting.
:mrhat:
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Hahahahaha ))))
Let's wait for EOL, it'll be just experience... "drunk" nekffs 24/7 :D
(And drunk MadPipes xDD)

And no, I don't agree, Nekffs aren't atleast just boring driving forward.
If there have been only normal battles, not many ppl would complain...
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Madness wrote:If there have been only normal battles, not many ppl would complain...
Exactly, caus everyone likes those, so make more of those :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

thanks to these uphills elma feels fresh again. I can actually cruise a level for fun, not addicted to making wrs or addicted to ballewinning attention, just cruise for fun, fucking awesome.

start less FF's? yeah, you are probably right, although personally i wouldnt want normal balles ever anymore, only uphills, uphills and uphills. they are the best fun in this game since 2001. but sure the haters group might have a valid point they dont necessarily have to be started as balle, only shared via zworqy or sash
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Zweq wrote:thanks to these uphills elma feels fresh again. I can actually cruise a level for fun, not addicted to making wrs or addicted to ballewinning attention, just cruise for fun, fucking awesome.

start less FF's? yeah, you are probably right, although personally i wouldnt want normal balles ever anymore, only uphills, uphills and uphills. they are the best fun in this game since 2001. but sure the haters group might have a valid point they dont necessarily have to be started as balle, only shared via zworqy or sash
who is sash??
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Zweq wrote:not addicted to making wrs or addicted to ballewinning attention, just cruise for fun, fucking awesome.
That's so sad. No new WRs by Zweq anymore ? :(
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

Madness wrote:
Zweq wrote:not addicted to making wrs or addicted to ballewinning attention, just cruise for fun, fucking awesome.
That's so sad. No new WRs by Zweq anymore ? :(
no, just cruised wrs :)
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Put it this way, they're levels that are made in 30 seconds that are only even doable by a very select group of people, more often than not you get stuck in one place for half the battle and they're always the same.

Please, seriously, they suck.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

I sign this petition.

I think it's quite selfish to make these levs all day long, as so many people dislike them too. The key word is balance. It's really sad when I see newcomers join belma, and all they see is hard uphill ff's. Some quit and some start making the same kind of levs, and that ain't good.

On a side note, I believe the whole uphill ff boom would languish, if Zweq didn't stand behind it.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

I hate this battle type too. 1-2 daily would be ok.
Team SPEED

Drace
Kuski

Post by Drace »

roope wrote:The key word is balance.
Thats so true! It ok if there is few uphills/day but not as much as nowadays. And cant those uphill-designers start lev for just 1-2 minutes so people get that lev and then they can play it as long as they want. That would leave room for other balles too.
Team IEM

~Exchange student in Mexico 2010-2011~
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

ye ban pipes
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

Zweq wrote:ye ban pipes
YEEEEEESSSS!!!!!

....On topic, some 3 uphills/day'd be max. But then, who's to control the amount?
Image "It's good to be having fun, but it'd be funnier to be good"
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Apropos limiting certain things to a number of times a day, how about limiting parantheses to, say, 1 per line?
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

one ( and one ) so we could still talk normally, and Zweq and Nekit'd have to decide whether they are happy or sad ))())()()( XD()())))() :twisted:
:mrhat:
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

))))
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Uphill battles are fine in my opinion, but i would appreciate some diversity. Bumpy (aka nekit's/zweq's) uphill battles are awesome from time to time but they are getting boring as they are the only ones we ever get.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Lol and what about all the other shit levels that are on? do ppl forget them? Fucking Belma Level standard has gone down to Shitterest Shit nowadays .. Each and every normal balle is crappier than the other xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsux
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

It's because I don't make balles anymore. ;D
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

i dont see a problem with any kind of level, my logic being that there are periods in belma where no level is battled at all for a long time. perhaps if belma was so popular that there was a constant flow of levels then i guess you could bitch about the ones you dont like, but there are times when i am on and any level battled is better than no level at all. for those who want to make an effort let them make an effort and for those who dont then oh well at least its on. also the rules for aborting can be shitty enough as it is this will just be one more thing to be enforced and less freedom for the users of belma.
God Bless America
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

gimp wrote:for those who want to make an effort let them make an effort and for those who dont then oh well at least its on.
The way I see it is:

I make an effort in making a level. What do I get in return? A random spike lev someone made in 1 minute that sometimes isn't even finishable.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Igge wrote:
gimp wrote:for those who want to make an effort let them make an effort and for those who dont then oh well at least its on.
The way I see it is:

I make an effort in making a level. What do I get in return? A random spike lev someone made in 1 minute that sometimes isn't even finishable.
most of the time*
Image Cyberscore! Image
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Not everybody is graced with the great talent of making perfect levels within a minute. =)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Haruhi, ture.

But all I want is for people to at least put some effort into making their levels. That is all.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Blud wrote:little OT: nekit's uphills are still maybe better, than his pipes. They were terrible as hell. Bumpy pies just suck.
agree with this also.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I don't think you can just ban some level type, just like you can't ban pie. And I think these uphill things could be ok, if more effort was put into them. So maby ban nekit and morgan? xD This question about what kind of levels should be battled is very hard, because this: If you play balles, you are like taker. If you make balle levels, you are a giver. So why should takers be able to control all the givers and make them as their slaves and make everything like the great ballers, the takers, want. I think if someone is willing to make a lev, then one has also freedom of choice how to make it. I'm not sure if shit lev is better than no lev at all though.

Igge said that when he makes levels, he gets some shit levs in return. That must be true. Of course there are these few good designer whose levels I also enjoy, but 90% of the levels are not the kind I would want to play. What I expect is to be able to spy the level I made. If I miss spy, then I get angrey and think that everything was for nothing. I don't care if I get any good levels in return, that would just be too much to ask don't u think xD That is actually the reason why I started to make levels again. When I first discovered belma, I was so excited to get to play all those nice balle levs. Well, when I saw the quality of those shit levs, I was shocked. I criticized many things in many levs and people just said NO NO ITS GOOD YOU JUST SAY BECAUSE YOU CANT PLAY AND WIN. I was soo furious that I started making these baleNOBxx levels. With those levels I tried to show people what is the difference between hard, stupid and gay. These levels were max annoying and stupid, if someone still has them, I would want to play those again! Anyways, after some time I thought why not be myself and make people love me again, and here I am making nice levs again xD

I got a little carried away, but I end my words by saying: Today somewhere around 8pm GMT+2 I will start an uphill battle. It's not bumpy, it's a mixture of smooth and roughness. And at the end, there is a surprise o,o I think it's a good level, don't ban uphill (((
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

many problems will be resolved in eol, level queue, chat ignore, private chat messages, lev-starter not in results, can always spy own level, user rights levels/flags (where default setting cant start a battle so you need promotion to even start one), bans etc. too much energy is consumed to be angry about nothing, too much drama about nothing, just because of one reason, you play too much belma. and now im refering to these abort-battles few weeks ago and teh overdramatized shit everywhere like "die nekit" and so on.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

As I said in my original post I don't suggest to ban uphills alltogether, I'm just asking designers to consider that many people doesn't like them and maybe make a few less. And to be honest I don't think it takes longer / more effort to make a "normal" level, it doesn't have to be sik igge/ville j whatever quality it's still much more interesting to play, than some uphill or pipe for that matter that is all the same and have no different styles, which I think is why I don't like them. People wouldn't like some level is the all straight downhill or speedloops ect.

Anyway I know that I shouldn't complain as I almost never make any levels myself, so you could just forget what I said, I aprreciate you making levels :*
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

ban belma
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

This is what nom thinks about uphill FFs

- yes, there's atm too much of them at belma even for me
- I understand those who doesn't like them
- mastering both spiky and smooth uphills always makes you better elma player though and those skills are useful at normal levels too after all so I don't recommend people to systematically skip them
- it's possible that you start liking them when you start understanding them (Madness 8) )
- upping hardest uphills to zworqy instead of battling is a good idea when it's prime time (can you send levels somehow to each other in EOL btw? - that would be nice)
- Smaxa said that uphill FFs are low effort levels but at least I have often used several hours to them - proofing every part to be possible is quite work sometimes
- yes, Nekit really makes them in 1min, but he has a very nice talent to "eyetest" them
- yes, even Nekit's levels are often impossible, but that gives some mystery when some part looks not possible and it's then twice more impressive if some Kazan makes it - in my lev you would know every part to be possible for (nearly) sure
- if you have never really played these uphills you can't say they are boring. imho those cruisish overplanned obvios-style normal levels that doesn't give you any freedom to drive differently are muuuch more boring
- the "Nekit-standard" starts to be a bit overused already though - there's much more other hard (uphill) FF possiblities too like BoneLESS said
- Nekit-speak only suits Nekit
- I think it's sad that the high amount of hard FFs pretty much ruins their reputation. few / day would be nice and sustainable amount
- it's pretty much irrelevant what a lev looks like
- VilleJ's uphill was cool
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

nick-o-matic wrote:

word.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

- if you have never really played these uphills you can't say they are boring. imho those cruisish overplanned obvios-style normal levels that doesn't give you any freedom to drive differently are muuuch more boring
I used to love spike and uphill FFs, nowadays there a simply too many. And how exactly do uphill ffs provide freedom, when they're basically repeating the exact same movements until you get it perfect on the pixel?
Well, it certainly doesn't fit pawq, I'll tell you that. Goddamn.. Everytime I see nekit and pawq together I have turn the chat off.
- I think it's sad that the high amount of hard FFs pretty much ruins their reputation. few / day would be nice and sustainable amount
True
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Igge wrote:And how exactly do uphill ffs provide freedom, when they're basically repeating the exact same movements until you get it perfect on the pixel?
Well, often it's like that for sure but also often there's several cool styles possible.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I would say 99% of all uphills offer no varaiation in style, when compared to "normal" levels.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Well... to flip or not to flip? :)
Morgan
36mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Morgan »

Anyone can queue a lev, 1 person can start only 1 level at once, so instead of complaining go, make non-uphill levs and queue them all you like complaining.
I always say: any balle is better than no balle :)
Image TT - 36:53.16 || 17 Polish Records || SPEED
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

nick-o-matic wrote: - Smaxa said that uphill FFs are low effort levels but at least I have often used several hours to them - proofing every part to be possible is quite work sometimes
yes, and truthfully there are people who spend 20 seconds making a normal level, so i don't want to generalise like that, however it seems that usually those making uphill spiky FF's are spending no time to make them at all. Heck, i've seen nekit say he hasn't actually tried to play his own level to test it on no less than 30 occasions.

However, if you spend a while perfecting it, (Like i know you do, nom, i do it with my levels too.) it makes them so much more entertaining.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

last time i made uphill ff for longer time than 1 min (for 1 hour) the balle got aborted so im not surprised ppl arent interested in spending more than 1min making the lev anymore
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I always spend very much time making a lev. And never ever has my lev been aborted!
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

nick-o-matic wrote:- if you have never really played these uphills you can't say they are boring. imho those cruisish overplanned obvios-style normal levels that doesn't give you any freedom to drive differently are muuuch more boring
Zweq wrote:last time i made uphill ff for longer time than 1 min (for 1 hour) the balle got aborted so im not surprised ppl arent interested in spending more than 1min making the lev anymore
These quotes are connected in right way - if you dont spend too much time makin normal level, it usually becomes better exactly for the noms thing. You dont have time to plan the styles and thats just good, it doesnt need anything else than its finishable with the most players' skills. And fyi, the most of time used in my balle levs usually is 20 mins or so, usually 10. Not saying my quality would be good atm but...
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

FinMan wrote:it doesnt need anything else than its finishable with the most players' skills
Sure, hard levels are bad because not every nab can finish them. So logic..