Methods of promotion I suggest once EOL is public:
- A carefully crafted promotion video on YouTube and other major video sites (I will work on this personally asap, all suggestions about what it should include are welcome). Comment and like the video, maybe post responses to it to make it the top search result on YouTube. If you have existing Elma videos, link to this video through annotations, description, etc.
- Post it on your blogs, twitter, facebook, whatever, with a link to the video
- Somehow inform Balazs about it and get his approval to get a link to it from elastomania.com which is still the website with most Elma traffic. I'm not sure this is possible but worth a try.
- Describe it and link to it from en.wikipedia.org article and perhaps other language wikis
- Promotion from Moposite. It's only 6th search result on Google though, maybe that can be improved upon.
- A review on http://download.cnet.com/Elasto-Mania/3 ... 42849.html (and other download sites that have it) linking to the video (over 1 million downloads from there at the moment). Mark the review useful to bump it up.
- Put a bundled version of it on major torrent trackers. About this one I'm not sure as it would attract a lot of people who never played Elma and it's also warez (unless we exclude elma.res) but it would result in a lot of new players.
- Post about it on major gaming communities and forums and on communities of similar games. Write reviews if possible. A LOT of serious gamers have at least tried Elma and this could spark a nostalgic interest in them.