elma NAB league

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

k0xx
39mins club

Re: elma PRO league

Post by k0xx »

ribot [i]19 jan 2011[/i] wrote:it's written there, qualification on first sunday in february
Bismuth wrote:Sorry but I learned when the qualifying round was 10 minutes before its end. So please give me a break.
with love
elma
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Oh, I had no idea this was like happening already. Well, I would not have been able to play anyways. So... when is new elma PRO league season?
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

like many said... I can quote ville_j, fredrik, snajdig... it was easy to miss.

First, it came quick. Second, it was not well advertised (topic in advertising, moposite, etc.). Third, the information was kinda scattered and not said clearly. I may also add that everything seem pretty theoretic until, suddenly, the qualification round was on. That's all. Maybe it's because I'm semi-active on the forum, but that's what I perceived.

Go on and quote the information calling me a stupid Canadian, I still say that it should have been more clear and visible.
:mrhat:
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

for me it was even easy to miss, although i actually played ahah.
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

Hmh, i've to say that level was sort of crap; the event should've been just 1h eol battle cause to upload the rec lets say 5 tajms might be reason of missing 5 mins of balletime...
and yes! 28 league members vs 54 registered - that's MOAR THAN A HALF!!! so we win, league's done
Image Image
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

analcactus wrote:Hmh, i've to say that level was sort of crap
It was perfectly fine for a qualification round.
analcactus wrote:the event should've been just 1h eol battle
Everyone doesn't have EOL.
analcactus wrote:to upload the rec lets say 5 tajms might be reason of missing 5 mins of balletime...
Then just don't upload your rec 5 times? Just wait with uploading until you have a good time and there are like 5 mins left. If you beat the time after that, you can re-upload.
analcactus wrote:and yes! 28 league members vs 54 registered - that's MOAR THAN A HALF!!! so we win, league's done
I don't understand what you mean by this, but it's probably just some boring joke like the ones you make in EOL that are constantly ignored because you're such a boring and annoying person.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

Sorry babe but you are really bad poster.
If not everyone has eol HOW THE FUCK will he participate in 1v1 balles? And actually everyone has eol. Maybe except you cause you're suxor.
Then, if you say i am boring and annoying look into the mirror please and realize that you are way more.
If you dont liek my jokes and stuff - you shut up and try to create your own. And stop to manage ribot's defence cause he CAN do it by himself.
also you can calculate the amounts of kuskiz who dont love you, dont love me and dont love us both.
So the main idea of that post is: STOP BEING A LITTLE GIRL PIGGE, GO AND BUY BALLS.
amen.
Image Image
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I had common flu, so I wasn't able to play. I was kinda looking forward to this :((
never mind,hf
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

it's fucking epic xd redesign - bis and maw make illegal start (wtf, wasn't supposed to be that way?), elma league - bis don't send in cuz thought that time would up automatically (wasn't supposed to be that way?) :DD
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Bismuth wrote:like many said... I can quote ville_j, fredrik, snajdig... it was easy to miss.

First, it came quick. Second, it was not well advertised (topic in advertising, moposite, etc.). Third, the information was kinda scattered and not said clearly. I may also add that everything seem pretty theoretic until, suddenly, the qualification round was on. That's all. Maybe it's because I'm semi-active on the forum, but that's what I perceived.
i agree with Bismuth,.., No one mentioned this league untill yesterday.... ( or maybe many weeks ago, but who can remember for this? )
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Wait what? it's happened already?

lol.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

I think enough people support my point for it to be considered?
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

How exactly should it be considered? Everyone knows it's true but what can we do??? Let's just wait next league and hope it will be more PRO.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

two ways: either redo the qualification with better planification (though it is unpleasant for those who played the whole hour and got a decent time), either make that "season" and have the next one better organized.
Fredrik
Kuski

Post by Fredrik »

Bismuth wrote:two ways: either redo the qualification with better planification (though it is unpleasant for those who played the whole hour and got a decent time), either make that "season" and have the next one better organized.
There should definately be a way for the rest of us to join in when season is over. Maybe make this "beta" season and have new qualification for next one aswell? Or simply make bottom league from those who join new. The last option might make very uneven league with many who should be much up higher, so a new qualification round could be good option, at least this one time.

Just my suggestions of course :)
Team KoN
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

I would appreciate a lot to be included in the nabbest league since I would have been there anyway. People must remember when I came in 10 minutes before the end, I drove a nab time and all, and I think there is a timestamp on EOL site or something. Anyway.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Fredrik's ideas are very convincing, but I doubt ribot will care about this :(
When will we know who we will challenge on Sunday?
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Round 1

Ramone vs Finman
Orcc vs k0xx
Boomer vs error
igge vs NightMar

jblaze vs Mielz
terb0 vs Pawq
tl vs SveinR
Karlis vs jonharkulsykkel

Labs vs Lousku
wazsi vs DRACON
iua vs bEAT
roope vs Hosp

Go to homepage.. blah...
Team SPEED

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

jon is fucked 8D
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Anyone up to making and updating result guessing topic?

EDIT: GAAla starts one hour before the first round and likely lasts more than on hour, so can this round be postponed?
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Orcc wrote:Anyone up to making and updating result guessing topic?

EDIT: GAAla starts one hour before the first round and likely lasts more than on hour, so can this round be postponed?
Rofl.

Another silly one ;P
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Not sure if I understood those ideas correctly but it wouldn't be fair at all to let people into the worst division because they didn't play the qualification round. That way kuskis who actually belong to the worst division wouldn't have much of a chance at winning their division. Unfair.

EDIT: Ok, pretty sure I misunderstood the ideas. Nvm. Imo nothing needs to be changed.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Orcc wrote:GAAla starts one hour before the first round and likely lasts more than on hour, so can this round be postponed?
Yep, this would be nice. Just a postponing of 1 hour might suffice. The GAA show won't be postponed or moved to an earlier time.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Fredrik
Kuski

Post by Fredrik »

Lousku wrote:Not sure if I understood those ideas correctly but it wouldn't be fair at all to let people into the worst division because they didn't play the qualification round. That way kuskis who actually belong to the worst division wouldn't have much of a chance at winning their division. Unfair.

EDIT: Ok, pretty sure I misunderstood the ideas. Nvm. Imo nothing needs to be changed.
So there will not be a way for those who didn't qualify to get in when next season starts?
Team KoN
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Ville_J wrote: Let's just wait next league and hope it will be more PRO.
OK Dude, then we wait one year...... :roll: ,, :idea: :arrow: I have an idea . Who is not registered in time, those players automatically going to the last group. If somebody dont want it, please write. i think the league just gets better if few people can join to you.
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

Read lousku's thoughts please! Imo they're right.
For example, i am in the bottom group now cause of my crap battle skills (-but you are godly levelmaker! -thanks) and then jappe joins the same division. And what chances i've to own him? NONE.
Image Image
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

snajdig wrote:
Ville_J wrote: Let's just wait next league and hope it will be more PRO.
OK Dude, then we wait one year......
Yes, I don't care.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Who says there has to be a year between each season anyway. One season will last 7 weeks or so.
Rules | FAQ
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

hey dudes... one thing most of you have to learn is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. your opinions and whinings are YOUR baggage, but if you actually can suggest some improvements they will come...

first of all, some ppl thought the qualification level sucked... nobody said one word why... if the only thing you can do is complain, and not even give one good reason, i must let you know you are seriously retarded! and if you have high demands on what kind of levels you want, without saying anything about it beforehand, you are just pretty fucking stupid! seriously!

secondly, some ppl missed the qualification... it was announced at least two weeks before it happened on this thread... and you missed it because you didn't get sms about it or what? if you want the information you can read the homepage. the info was not scattered at all. there was a damn timer there more than one week beforehand, so you could pin down the correct time even... what you guys need to do is fucking learn to read and read the information that is there.. it is very clear... if you can read...if you cannot, get help from your mother!

it has been said a long time ago to level makers to make levels, and they don't. you ppl are just retarded.

what i'm doing now and have been doing is creating an automatic league system... so it is beta for now, in testing..and im making the latest function as we speak (like the standings). good ideas can be welcome.

and analcactus, as delusional as you are. there were 33 ppl who registered as players for the league, and 28 participated... i didn't include ppl who didn't participate because i didn't want a league full of non playing players...as you can see ppl are PRETTY RETARDED!
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Fredrik
Kuski

Post by Fredrik »

I was somehow under the impression that the qualification (and regular games, but that's not important right now) would be a whole day event, so that I would have time when I got home.

The one question I have is this: Is there a way for those of us who did not qualify already to join in when next season starts? If so, how will that happen?
Team KoN
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

fredrik:
it was like that but it changed...

and as for your question, i can't answer that for now... first i have to get this season up and running, and after that we will see if there is any interest... in that case maybe we can have qualifications where ppl can join upper divisions.
-
-
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Just to be clear... I am not saying it was anyone else's fault I missed the shit, I just think it was badly advertised. Reading a topic on General-forum doesn't exactly make me think something is about to happen. I think I probably read your post about the qualification round but I also think I was maybe drunk then. Once I forgot reading that one post there was no way for me to "find" that information anymore. Maybe a topic in Advertising-forum would've done the job better: "Elma PRO League qualification round on Sunday" or whatever. And yet I still would not have been able to participate so what do I care.. I dunno. I also think the site is a bit confusing.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Exactly ville_j. You also said it would be announced on Moposite. It wasn't. Face it, ribot, it was badly advertised. I'm not saying you're a fucker or anything, and thank you for making the effort of organizing this, but next time, please make it less confusing and better advertised.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

well i can advertise in advertising of course... i can't do that on moposite... sveinr said it should be advertised and i asked him about it in a private message which he didn't reply to...

but i dunno what is confusing about the site. there are very few pages there with short and concise info. i dont think it can be more clear that the info is on the site and you can find it there on the main menu from any page. if you dont have the link...wel duh you find it here.

many things could have been done better but they weren't. i'm still learning here...
-
-
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Sorry for not participating in either levelmaking or playing even though I said I would do both...

Hopefully our friendship is intact and I will have time to make that lev I promised you.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Fredrik
Kuski

Post by Fredrik »

What could be done to make things more clear would be to have a "rules" page on the site, with the rules one by one, instead of spread across the front page
Team KoN
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I think that the info about when and stuff was as clear as it can get o.o
ToMaT
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

what about today, postponed for post-gaala or not?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

ribot wrote:well i can advertise in advertising of course... i can't do that on moposite... sveinr said it should be advertised and i asked him about it in a private message which he didn't reply to...
I haven't received any such PM, sorry. Anyway I don't have the opportunity to post Contest-related news to mopo, though I suppose Community could work too.
Rules | FAQ
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Team SPEED

ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

ye since some guys who missed qualification still wanna join..you can be in last division as long as there are 8 ppl... just let me know asap
-
-
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I could be one of them. :)
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

this shit sounds so dope. makes me wanna have elma again.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

you can still sign up harold..but not many days left
-
-
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

now too late
-
-
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Made and upped 3 levs after a long time of no levmaking whatsoever. Feels good man!! I hope they're decent. I'm also hoping I'll be able to participate this sunday. Driving to Lapland for a week with teh family and my laptop is broken and won't have an easy way to access internets but I'm sure I'll think of something. Excited about this league, woop woop!

Offtopic: Hi.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Oh dear! Nightmar instead of error. Oh well, good that more people joined. Will be some interesting battles ahead for sure!
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

not wuuuuuurkiiiiiing((
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Damez, ribot fix

EDIT:

Page seems to work now, slowly though. Uploading doesn't work at all.

SO, let's do this: forget this round and run some tests on the site, NOT use the autogenerated shitlevs and start all over again. Ok? Ok!
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

NO WORK!

No one can access page. so then no levels.. and.. well?
Elasto Mania - ez better