Confession

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

J-sim
39mins club

Re: Confession

Post by J-sim »

hey me too, it seems stupid not to.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Only elma-related confessions. Please. This is the only thread on lauta that i actually like.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

I play elma with one finger.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Ok to get rid of nab confessions here's one of the highlights of my career.

'Twas back in 1998 I think or duno maybe '99, but Across Warm Up wr was 15,10 or something like that. So I heard you could do nice stuff with hex editor and state.dat so I downloaded a hex editor. I didn't have any damn clue how to use it, but I opened my state.dat and started randomly changing some values on the first line. Changed, saved, went to Across to check best times if anything changed. Quite quickly I axxudentally succeeded in getting 15,04 or something as my time YEAH! Well there I am with a wr time, too bade I didn't have a replay of it. Surely I had to give it a try, so I went to mail the state.dat. Other times there were surely a lot nabber, so I just told that I thought the run was 16,04 and pressed enter right after the finish to play again and thus missing the replay.

I didn't get the wr.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Some levels in the VSK pack have parts from other people's levels that I opened and deleted everything else around them. I never gave anyone else credit for the levels, not that anyone would want to be associated with that pack anyway.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I have done the same thing as igge, but with internals. One lev I made around Pipe start, I wanted to see people try that bounce and how close they get.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Bjenn also did that with internals, but he forgot to add or remove anything
NoobSty2-competition

BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

Okiz I have one.
When it's darkening and the fullmoon rises I turn hairy and pawn in elma balles. Someone might get it, but others won't...

I hope everyone are able to EET FUK after this mindblowing confession :roll:
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

I haven't taken a bath for 3 days
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I haven't taken a bath for like 5-6 years I think. No joke.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

no surprise.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I think you confuse a bath and a shower tigro, not everyone has the luxury of a bath in his bathroom. I won't tell you how long I haven't taken a bath, because it's as elma-related as my mom.

On a different note:
I sometimes open balle levs in edit0r to see if they are playable, so that I don't spoil my stats with a 0 papelz position. Like if my stats weren't bis-alike anyway :-D
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Pawq wrote:I sometimes open balle levs in edit0r to see if they are playable, so that I don't spoil my stats with a 0 papelz position. Like if my stats weren't bis-alike anyway :-D
f1+enter if you really care.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

he obviously means "playing it a bit in the editor."
and so do I.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

*bump*

compare
Zweq wrote:Mila has done many amazing improvements for the very core of the game, including detecting cheaters, giving us online play and latest but not least saveload utility (what test tube is for chemistry, saveload is for elma science).
with
Smibu wrote:So what has happened... yesterday I gave a link at #across for saveload. Sure, I tried to disguise myself but failed.

Why did I do it, I don't know really. Maybe I was pissed about some people having sl (like me) and some not. I felt kinda fucked up yesterday anyway.

Anyway, the purpose of this topic is not to defend myself but to let everyone know what I did.

I understand that I'm not welcome to the scene anymore and I quit Elma for now.
Look how attitudes change! Anyway, I'm so glad Smibu is still around :)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

my elmaxiit was published only because smibu's was already out (and several other tools too), so it didn't make any difference
[carebox]
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Pawq wrote:Look how attitudes change! Anyway, I'm so glad Smibu is still around :)
attitudes didnt really change if you read all other posts in this topic they are all telling smibu to stay and no animosity towards him...
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Yes, but the attitude towards SL was still very conservative. I found SveinR's post somewhere where he said that sl recs MAY be considered for Art in GAA, etc. - just read through the related 2011 topics. Nowadays we have SL awards, SL tables, SL videos, SL competitions... That's what I meant when I said that attitudes changed :)
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Just skimmed through this tropic again. Very fun tropic, I think we need more like this.

Confession: Xiited int55 online. Was not in fact legit run. Seemed funey to finish it at the time. Some admin had to go through teh troubel of removing the time, so it was not the greatest lev choice for trying xiit. Much remorse.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

1. it was me who uploaded fake MasterCups MC304 and ChainPi3 levs into database before the original were released. idiotic, sorry for that and i hope nobody gets inspired and does it again.
2. won a couple of balles on Insomners account when visiting him back in the years, or at least made it to top, while winning on my own account. some percent of levels he started were made by me also. i might have also won some level i have tried beforehands
3. Nikita forum account was my troll, but i think i already admitted it
4. probably consciously downloaded some levels from datab before they were battled and trained before they started

im a gentle eol user for 5 years, i think these were my only sins (xcept 3.)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I tilt my head in gravity pipes.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Pawq wrote:I tilt my head in gravity pipes.
Holy piping shit, this is unforgivable.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

I'm not actually a cat.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

I'm not actually a shemale.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

me neither
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Nothing to confess or my memory is protecting myself. Early day replay trading was tough business so that's one danger area where might have happened something and and I've shown Moposite contest replays to people visiting me but there wasn't any clear rules if that was allowed or not, prolly not a big deal and actually just more respect for the record holders. No fake nicks, boring life. Time to change! Seriously I've never been interested in mongoing in internet, it's more fun IRL: Korpitsa surprise!
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Another one, albeit no so juicy. Just to give fuel for a great topic.

When I started my career I was a fan boy of Nikke [EMT], probably due to him having the world record in Warm Up when I first sought for the Across wr table (~0,5 seconds faster than my time, which I had thought to be perfect). In Across there were built-in alternative keys for throttle and brake: A and Z respectively. The interesting thing was that those keys wouldn't make sounds even if sound effects were on. Later on Pekka_T had an internal contest for finishing Headbanger as fast as possible without using throttle. So I was very excited to email Nikke that it was possible to "cheat" in Pekka_T's contest if you did some secret throttling with A key.

He never took the record or emailed me back.
NoobSty2-competition

Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Some years ago i did hack Tigro's lauta acc and changed his avatar. (was funny, but i wont do smth like that again, you are safe now, i love ya :blushes: )
Team SPEED

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Some years ago (circa 2009-10?) John messaged me on msn just to chat. That was before discord etc. so I haven't really talked to any of the pros, so I was pretty stoked, and I remember saying something like "wow, I'm honoured that you want to talk to me :oops: "

Good old times :)
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I had a dream about trying to kiss at least one member of this community.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

confession: i am a member of the xmoto community.
that's it now you can kill me with fire
(note: i think both games are equally good, they're just different approaches to motorbike simulating)
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

ah sorry to inform you but you are now banished from this community... smh
ToMaT
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Each community has its own black sheep. So, well... yeah.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I'm filled with jealousy and I hate all you people who had fun at FEM, advanced their career, found a new gf, went to 10 countries, etc. It's annoying to see your happy posts.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

kuchitsu wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 12:22 I'm filled with jealousy and I hate all you people who had fun at FEM, advanced their career, found a new gf, went to 10 countries, etc. It's annoying to see your happy posts.
That sounds like a very destructive way of reasoning, nothing good can come out of that. You really need to focus on yourself and stop comparing yourself with others. There is no one in your life that you can control except yourself.
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

kuchitsu wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 12:22 I'm filled with jealousy and I hate all you people who had fun at FEM, advanced their career, found a new gf, went to 10 countries, etc. It's annoying to see your happy posts.
not the first your depression post, kuchi

depression it goes from doing nothing. instead of being jealousy of FEW, better go at MEM (Moskow) at least. wtf just do smth)
mb organize new moskow elma meeting?)

you dont have advance in career? i dont have any job :D and i dont have idea how and where i will work in future
find a new gf? haha
fuk i worse in all parameters imo (and imo in amount of countries too)

sorry for my happy post
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

don't worry my life is miserable
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

kuchitsu wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 12:22 I'm filled with jealousy and I hate all you people who had fun at FEM
this i can understand. come PEM
kuchitsu wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 12:22 advanced their career
what?
kuchitsu wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 12:22 found a new gf
u gotta be kidding, none of us is Orcc
kuchitsu wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 12:22 went to 10 countries, etc
how does it matter, country is imaginary border created and driven by horror purposes of the mighty ones. its oke to see some different surroundings but if you switched places with person from XY cuntry, theyd say the same to you (would like to see sth different than everyday stuff). we are all one earth and this is where we come from. we like to try new stuff, experience new emotions. but its hard to get that by staring at the screen everyday.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

kuchitsu wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 12:22 I'm filled with jealousy and I hate all you people who had fun at FEM
me too
kuchitsu wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 12:22 advanced their career
couldn't care less about other people's careers
kuchitsu wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 12:22 found a new gf
no need for that
kuchitsu wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 12:22 went to 10 countries, etc
fuck travelling, i try to avoid at all cost
[carebox]
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Dunno, I don't really feel in control. It's more like watching a movie about someone going on a self-destructive path. You see the character making bad decisions all the time and you know they will lead to a bad ending but you can't change the plot, you can only observe how everything is going down the toilet and feel bad for the character.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

While going to fem was of course a great experience i bet every single person there has lots of struggles in their own lives. People share positive experiences and generally hide negative ones that can make them seem vulnerable. I'm sure there are things in your own life that could have the same effect on others if taken in isolation. You are comparing yourself to others based on their self-selected snapshots of their lives.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Afaik fem is the peak of the year for many mans, that's why everyone seems happy. Outside fem irl struggles are real as fuk.
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Since FEM I have:
Lost 20kg
Been talking to a girl
Got promoted at work
Almost completely quit drinking alcohol
Quit snusing
Stopped wasting 7h per day at computer alone
Osv

I feel quite great even outside of fem this year. All of it started by changing jobs exactly one year ago today. Some days are quite bad because working through childhood trauma but in general things are great. It's nice to not be depressed.

Edit: oh and I know how you feel kuchi. I've been there. There is a way out of it though. A way to make everything better. It takes time and it is hard but you can do it.

Let me know if that helps.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

fem has definitely been one of the only times during past few years i haven't felt terrible about nearly everything, and I also heard many others say similar things. it's taking a lot of hard work but i'm also starting to get better slowly, fem still feels like something i'm waiting for more than anything else in the future, besides a few other smaller things

thing about fem is it feels like a lot of people share a lot of bad and good thoughts along with an amazing game and the atmosphere is really, really accepting and nice even to people who aren't that socially aroused which is very hard to find in real life. I haven't felt and haven't noticed anyone (visibly) feel like someone doesn't belong to fem, which to me is what makes it even more special

also wow nice bene :beer:

ps. no idea what im doing what do i know oke
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

seems like there is ez-ish solution - come to FEM next year, kuchi :beer: (or PEM, as jbl wrote).
I am serious

edit: btw this seems to me like an ideal use for those extra money from FEM (as n-o-m always writes in FEM tropics) - to cover some costs for mans from far away.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

One time I took advantage of the "2 waffles for price of 1 after 4pm" in work cafeteria even though it was only 3.57pm. :oops:
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I guess you're pretty much a criminal by norge standards... :cat:
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

this is probably already known and irrelevant but:

in early 2018 i registered on elmastats under the nick "Shadow" with a new caledonian (?) flag and uploaded a state with saveloaded+nitroed times, i updated it a few times so it would seem legit - reached some 43tt i think (lal). i also registereded to discord and made up a story in the elma server that my bad english is caused by my main language being some private shit, and that i cant register to eol bc internet shit in where i lived. i remember dming myself for some reason as well but i dont have those anymore. this all ended when i intentionally uploaded a quick.dat (sl file) to elmastats which ended up wrecking the site so my profile got deleted, end of story
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

You will only see people post their hilights, never the lowlights. Thats why I think social media can be very toxic, it gives very distorted view about life. There was this Louis Theroux documentary about moms with postpartum depression and one of them was always snapping pics with her kids smiling and posting them to facebook and instagram. She had tried to kill herself two days before and there she was taking these pics like "wow look at the wonders of being a new mom", it was very disturbing to see actually.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Yeah very true Sunshine. When you only see the highlights, it's easy to form a perfect image of someone's life that has nothing to do with reality and then become unnecessarily jealous. I should be wary of that.

Btw I believe that nowadays I wouldn't make a post like the one you quoted from 8 months ago, even on a bad day. I think I learned to use my frustrations as a fuel for self-improvement instead of writing negative stuff to people. I don't hate you all anymore. :)