EOL Reward System

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Thundr-
37mins club

EOL Reward System

Post by Thundr- »

I was thinking as there already is some kind of "achievements" for battle:

1x Battler of the day (Played)
1x Battler of the day (Points)
100+ battle wins
1000+ battles played

etc. Why dont we evolve/expand this and incorporate this to cover other areas than just battles? One good thing could be to encourage playing in other forms than battles, pointing fingers towards levpacks, cups and internals mostly.

Some random suggestions: Expand player profiles not just to show battle statistics (right now EVERYTHING on the "profile" is only about battles). Make split sections on the player profile that also displays cup participations, placements etc. Total accumulation of levpack kinglist points or similar. Top 5/10/20 EOL internal placements and points and achievement for breaking a tt limit. Make a total accumulation of achievement points and produce some kind of reward in the form of a medal, title or something that is displayed on your profile for each objective completed.

very unrefined idea this. I began playing battles (though the current ranking isnt working) just because its somewhat "interesting" to check out your own ballestatistics and so on, and id like that there is some form of reward or rather something to give the same encouragement to play levpacks, ints and cups.
Igge
38mins club

Re: EOL Reward System

Post by Igge »

1000 times that ^

Stats for internals, externals, balles (and designing?) should be almost equally important. External levelpacks are really cool when you think of it, almost like mini-internals in terms of how you actually play them as a whole, but they get so little attention probably because they aren't mentioned anywhere but "third-party" sites.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Yes I also thought about designing, at least it would be neat if you could somehow access a certain designers levels through their profile, and possibly have designers being able to categorize their stock and maybe highlight a few levels they think are the greatest. That would make life easier for GAA nomination for example, since there are so many levels and millions probably get overlooked at the end of the year.

Anyway, made some quick loljob in ms paint to demonstrate what im talking about how to extend the actual profile. Yet again very unrefined idea.

the subsections links ofc leads to other sections where achievements is displayed and times for those things for the given players and all the jaddajadda

DR@CON
Kuski
Team: LATP

Post by DR@CON »

Great idea! Would be very very useful. And reward isn't so important even, imo.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

ive been longing for amount of battles i have started, for 3 years o,o
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

thundr- you are reading my mind. Making normal level packs more exciting to play is something I really want to see. This is basically my next big project after I finish redoing the battle rankings. I have some ideas myself, but please share any ideas you might have here. Could there be more interesting rewards than a stat number and a title? And any kind of achievement you might think of from packs, cups or just playing in general. One of the tougher things might be to decide some TT achievement for level packs, hard to know what a good tt is, if a given pack haven't been played a lot.
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Not really done any hard thinking on this, but the first achievement(s) that first crossed my mind for levpacks was in terms of a simple model like if you achieve any kind of positions, lets say EOL top 7 on a level in a levpack you get some points, and after accumulating a certain amount from many levels of points u "unlock" the first achievement in line thats called like External/Something Beginner/Novice/Something and then it increases as you play more levels and gain higher positions.

Achievements can also be adjusted in time as it does with other games, such as when there are 50 new levpacks available it of course get easier to get more points and it becomes easier unlock the lower tier of achievements, and thats when you add higher rankings like External Grand Champion / External Grand Master Champion / External Grand Godlike Champion of Ultimate Doom and Destruction Armageddon of Celestial Luminescence The Seven Holy Gods of the Eternal Void etc.. Most basic models when it comes to "achievement grinding" have at least one of these kinds of achievements where you need to beat/win/get a score in 10/50/100/1000 things/levels etc and it steadily increases to match the current stock of what is available to play. There can always be more target specific kinds of achievements like External Player of the Day/Week and similar stuff (some of what we already have with battles)

Yes I used titles again for the rewards. Aside from getting some permanent achievement points to your account its probably the second most basic reward you can get.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

As a level pack creator it would be nice to add gold, silver, bronze targets to each of your levs. It would give new players to your levs something to work at. Of course those targets could be left blank if the creator doesn't want them.
And a section on your user page where you can display your published level packs, and modify and edit them as you wish. Other users can comment on them and rate them (maybe).
Some friendly level pack management system for each user's profile page, you know?
And those bronze silver gold targets can contribute to whatever Thundr-'s talking about.
Lakimies
Kuski

Post by Lakimies »

no more statistics and achievement. and remove everything we have now, only statistics we need is wins on battles with 20+ players.
and who has most these can have achievement "good elasto mania player"
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Zweq wrote:ive been longing for amount of battles i have started, for 3 years o,o
This is part of the ranking update which is pretty much done by now.
Thundr- wrote:lets say EOL top 7 on a level in a levpack you get some points,
I don't really like this type for achievements, as it gets harder as time goes by. Should be some targets times rather.
Lee wrote:As a level pack creator it would be nice to add gold, silver, bronze targets to each of your levs. It would give new players to your levs something to work at. Of course those targets could be left blank if the creator doesn't want them.
I imagine some option to "lock" your pack which means you can't add more levels, but which means you (the designer) or I (or maybe other admins) can start adding achievements to the pack. Not so smart to add some TT target if more levs are added later.

Anyway for levpacks we can have points for finising all levels, points for certain TT targets and points for targets in each level. Finishing all levs can be added for all packs, but the others might have to wait untill more people finish, so we know what a good TT is for example. Are there any more things we could make for levelpacks? Get 10 times in all levs? Take X apples? Die to X killers? Play X hours? Finish pack with certain cripples?