Join my cause - Get TL unbanned

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

kuchitsu
Kuski

Re: Join my cause - Get TL unbanned

Post by kuchitsu »

well, seems like it's time to resurrect this thread. join the boycott until he gets starting rights back.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

What happened? Why he got his rights removed again?
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

[22:38:51] <@Markku-> first warning: fake world battle cup level (0wbcup01)
[22:38:57] <@Markku-> then two week ban: fake world battle cup level (0wbcup05)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

faking a world battle cup level, oh wow.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Lakimies
Kuski

Post by Lakimies »

roope wrote:[22:38:51] <@Markku-> first warning: fake world battle cup level (0wbcup01)
[22:38:57] <@Markku-> then two week ban: fake world battle cup level (0wbcup05)

i wanna point out that there are actually 5 fake cup levs, you know, numbers 1 to 5.
so it should be something like 1.warning 2.2week ban 3. one year ban 4. forever ban 5. hirttotuomio ja munat irti
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

all the respect, but how were his AFTERCUP levels a fake of cup level, especially that cup levels were widely announced and started as expressly different nick?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I understand that I'm extremely biased since I like TL a lot for his fantastic, as I like to say, "fun oriented" levels and charismatic personality. But this just seems like a very silly reason to take away rights to me. Even if he really fooled someone with this innocent little joke (which I find a bit hard to believe, seems like it should be super obvious to anyone except people who just-just joined the community), it's not like it did any harm to them. Also, maybe if they actually read the rules of the cup (which is something you arguably should do when you decide to partake in a cup), they would know when the WORLD battle cup events start and there wouldn't be any confusion.

Come on, really? 0wbcup... everyone who plays EOL at least a little bit every now and then should know that TL names his levs starting with "0", and it's ridiculously obvious that an event from a cup organised by Zero and Ramone wouldn't be named like that plus started by TL of all people. I'm a bit stunned that this even needs explaining...
VALDO
Kuski

Post by VALDO »

fuck you guys. TL is one of the good ones.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Dunno. TL is a good man but he does walk the line often, and also flat out breaks rules and ignores warnings more often than most people. Of course it's debatable is that (starting similar named levels) a good enough reason to take his rights away, but you also gotta understand that he got a warning from the first time, and still kept doing it anyway. He does these kind of things and he should understand it's not okay. For example if a man says "i will start cool battle soon!" in chat, TL often adds a 40-60 min monster level immediately. This is not forbidden in rules, but still it's kind of evil.
Last edited by roope on 5 Dec 2014, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Yeps. Fuck you guys, he got a warning and continued, he asked for it. Living on the edge is not always easy, one must face the consequences. Few weeks ban shouldn't hurt anyone too much.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
hassu sieni
Kuski

Post by hassu sieni »

i got warning yes. read about it here from this topic. should check eol sites own profile more often on future, u never know what kinda gifts are there waiting.

but anyway its 2.advent on sunday, i have 2 candles waiting. jo syttyy toinen kynttilä,sen liekki leimahtaa
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

wel there are 2 sides to this coin : markku is always right and markku is never wrong (you can also replace word markku with word jon and see what happens)

more 2 min levs with 3 min playtime in 2 weeks
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

0wbcup seems only an sensible naming pattern for tl's rejected wbc levels.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

So wait, he actually got banned for starting his levels with his naming convention that he regularly starts after the wbc events? Where's the problem? Do i not know some additional info? Or does he try to start them at the same time as the wbc is scheduled?
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

nope, he always put them after the WORLD battle cup levs in queue

btw it's funny how you can get a warning and not notice at all, happened to me as well at least once
Markku
38mins club

Post by Markku »

Just if anyone cares, I wasn't the one warning or banning him, I heard about the ban through this topic and in irc. Then I relayed the banning reasons to people who asked about them in irc, since apparently they are not publicly visible on the site at the moment. This sparked a discussion about making those reasons public, which I agree would be a good thing, and Kopaka seemed to be in favour of that as well, so hopefully that change will happen in the near future.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the exact circumstances leading to the ban as I wasn't online during any of those levels, but if he simply started his own WBC reject levels or such, and they didn't conflict with the official WBC schedule and it was otherwise clear that they are not the official WBC levels, that should of course be no problem. However, if there really was some conflict or confusion (as the ban would seem to indicate), that's another thing.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

I think we should let Ville_J decide. He is a voice of reason awakening the public to what must be done to restore our prosperity and preserve the blessings of liberty for future generations. His brand of libertarian-leaning conservatism attracts young voters, and recently he inspired the nation with his Capraesque filibuster demanding basic answers about bans.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

kuchitsu wrote:nope, he always put them after the WORLD battle cup levs in queue

btw it's funny how you can get a warning and not notice at all, happened to me as well at least once
That's funny because I had two warnings from Jappe2 that I didn't know about and suddenly I got a one year ban from starting battles =D
The capability of informing others are really not great in some people !
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Bjenn wrote:
kuchitsu wrote:nope, he always put them after the WORLD battle cup levs in queue

That's funny because I had two warnings from Jappe2 that I didn't know about and suddenly I got a one year ban from starting battles =D
this is offtopik but you knew very well internal battles are not allowed and you started at least 10+ of them
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Zweq wrote:
Bjenn wrote:

this is offtopik but you knew very well internal battles are not allowed and you started at least 10+ of them
Yes I did. That is not the point though.
And 50% of the playerbase liked internal battles back then :P
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Yes, you were the 50 % who liked and the other guy was just accidentally internal höyling the same lev, others battling kuskis fleed into minding other businesses.

----

On TL issue:

[04-12]-(22:51:03) (@Orcc) not very good ban reason imo
[04-12]-(22:51:29) (@Orcc) don't think anyone (except ville_j) is that stupid to think his levs would be official wbc

I also know TL lives on the edge regarding the rules, but on the other hand he never seems to mind if he gets banned.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

What is EOL without TL balles...
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

rules are made to keep the peace yes? if nobody cares then why make a rule about it, youd be an idiot to think this was a real wcup level, and deserve to be pranked.
God Bless America
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Is there even rule about it? Impossible to discuss anything until the one who banned TL would reveal more info about the reasoning. Why hasn't that happened yet? :<
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

well deserved
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Is TL still banned? If not, can we reinstate it?
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

imo TLs after WBC-doing his ow variation doesnt bother me at all. Also one of the funnest hoylas in ages was in there. Maybe there are other reasons. I do not know.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

roope wrote:For example if a man says "i will start cool battle soon!" in chat, TL often adds a 40-60 min monster level immediately. This is not forbidden in rules, but still it's kind of evil.
This pretty much. First were just the name starting it the night before real cup, which could be argued if it's that bad of course, but it did fool some people. 2nd were starting 60 min level just before wbc, which technically isn't against rules, but with the name of the battle it seems obvious it's on purpose. This was in fact not the case with 05 but it were with first and second event and the ban and reason has been changed to reflect this. I'm sorry about this mix up, but it's the kind of thing that really annoys me so I acted promptly. That's 3 things which equals the 2 weeks. Hasn't been contested by a mod or the user himself so that has stood.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Kopaka wrote:First were just the name starting it the night before real cup, which could be argued if it's that bad of course, but it did fool some people. 2nd were starting 60 min level just before wbc, which technically isn't against rules, but with the name of the battle it seems obvious it's on purpose.
very this.

Hey, TL,
Lakimies
Kuski

Post by Lakimies »

Tigro wrote:
Kopaka wrote:First were just the name starting it the night before real cup, which could be argued if it's that bad of course, but it did fool some people. 2nd were starting 60 min level just before wbc, which technically isn't against rules, but with the name of the battle it seems obvious it's on purpose.
very this.

Hey, TL,

and he did same thing with mopobattles, its clearly hes mo
hassu sieni
Kuski

Post by hassu sieni »

Lakimies wrote:
Tigro wrote:
very this.

Hey, TL,

and he did same thing with mopobattles, its clearly hes mo
yes i sure did that,with mopobattles and with WORLD battle cup. knowing they will get aborted.
and hey, this is like open invitation to do same to my cup http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9174. there is maybe small difference but its like "u started this,dont cry when it happens to u too" kinda thing. LOGIC.

and some of us even welcome little competition, just to keep things intresting

and nice to see you tigro, u havent been in eol in some time i think. hope u still use that nice shirt of yours