eol admin rights to ramone

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Kestas
Kuski

eol admin rights to ramone

Post by Kestas »

hey kopa.

please give ramone rights of admin. ramone is often online and is cool, such down to earth good nice old fella. no bad side effects spotted in the man for many years of getting to know the man more and more. hes like the top community man, always open for blabbing and helping others. we need him to abort battles and allow new fellows to start battles and special battles for special designers. is that alot to ask? to think of all the kuskis, he does stand out of the crowd for the crown

currently idiath j0k started 3s lev for 1h...not fun man, not fun, 1h passed and all trapped with no batman to help
i pass my vote to ram4ik.
DO YOU?!
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Re: eol admin rights to ramone

Post by Bludek »

yea, Ram is easily eligable

edit: if he orka
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Please Ramone. admin
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

the word you're looking for is moderator.
39:37,91
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Wouldn't oppose giving moderator rights to more people, as long as they are responsible and active. Ramone does fit the bill, especially as of late with him quitting the excessive raging. Kopaka and Markku (and J?) are quite easy to catch up but not always available, at least not as often as Ram :p
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Agree.
roope wrote:Kopaka and Markku (and J?)
and 9 others
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Agree. Sweden is so inadequately represented compared to finmans anyways

damn racists
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Ramone is cool, he will always understand you. He is so helpful, even when raging or not he is so damn natural, so human... Such friend... And now these founds issue. Hey! Ramone is cool!
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

yeah, ramone is psychologist of elma
vouch him ez
Image Image
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

first thought [insert random joke here], but maybe some cerious talk needed about this subject. First of all of course you mean moderator, admins are and will be milagros and kopaka, this means database access, server access and what not. I believe also markku can access the server to start the server process.

Moderators were chosen in 2009 or something when milagros asked for testers for 'new belma version' and a bunch of people joined and became mods later. That is of course a long time ago and as time has gone by many people don't really even play anymore, such as kd and qvantz, also I am very inactive these days. I'm all in for some yearly 'change', maybe some need to step up, some need to step down. Many people might not want to lose their power, but at the end of the day personally I don't care. The most important 'power' is abort battle, which has nothing to do with being moderator. I think I have put a ban like twice, when PJ spammed swearwords in caps and when fater used xiit, in other words only in very clear circumstances.

Also banning isn't that useful power to have, with phantom users and proxies. Also eol isn't cheat-proof, I don't think any application can be.

I don't really care who's mod and who's not, you don't really get anything special for having that status, at least I never felt like that.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I can personally say I wouldn't want to be mod or admin or what have you. Those things just mean more responsibilities when all I want to do is play elma (and like zweq mentioned, I think what defines you is not the "powers" you have, or the status next to your nick. It's solely your peronality that matters)

Being able to abort balle is nice though, since it gives you the opportunity to abort your own queued balles if yo find something wrong with them before they start. Honestly, I don't get why everyone can't do this though, but I'm guessing it would take a milagros to change it. It's also nice to be able to abort balle for someone else because they always say thanks and it makes me happy even though I barely did anything)

But yeah, if someone really wants to mod and is qualified for the task I say let them. It's better to have someone who wants to mod be a moderator than just someone who's more influential in the scene. Just like I enjoy helping people by aborting balles I'm sure others would like to help the scene by moderating. Let those people do it for all I care, as long as they do it well.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Igge wrote:Being able to abort balle is nice though, since it gives you the opportunity to abort your own queued balles if yo find something wrong with them before they start. Honestly, I don't get why everyone can't do this though, but I'm guessing it would take a milagros to change it.
afaik that's the way it was intended but there's a bug somewhere that prevents it.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I would be very happy to be able to abort/stop battles. I dont need more rights than that. I wont let you down if I get these rights.

:)
Elasto Mania - ez better
goofu
Kuski

Post by goofu »

I see a need as i becoming Moderator, for i have returned to elma with the clear intention of making Wrs! Enjoy!
TT: 45:43:64