World Cup 6 questionnaire / discussion

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Lukazz
36mins club

Re: World Cup 6 questionnaire / discussion

Post by Lukazz »

sounds good to me
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Or the pipe event could simply be made an exception and be the only level you don't have to finish to get points?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

isn't that what he said?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I read it as though there would be placements based on apples for all levels. I was probably wrong in taking it that way though)
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Igge's idea sounds like a good incentive for nabs to put more effort. Doesn't seem like a problem to me if some nabs get scrap points for sending in 2apple replays. If "getting more points simply by sending result early" is a problem, you could mayke it so that points for tied results are shared evenly between the tied players.

I'm nat entirely sure if I understood the problem. :P
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

If somebody doesn't bother to finish an easily finishable level what makes you think they will bother sending in a replay of them getting 2 apples? It won't be a problem.
39:37,91
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Which is why I said any finish should yield points. This will make the nabs at least play and the level once, and maybe then they find they like it and continue playing. Gicking points for aplpes in normal levels is a tiny bit silly with week-long events.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I'm not sure giving points to more players is actually a good incentive for "nabs" to play harder and be motivated - for me, it was particularly the struggle of "getting into the points" which was motivating (and before that, even just beating the base time).
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

It's not like there's gonna be hordes of nabs unable to even finish non-pipe levels this time around anyway. Rules don't have to be adjusted for non-existent people. Yea there may be a few but that's about it. I'd be surprised if even on the first event more than 100 people send in.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

well, i think for completely new players it can be tough to be in the top 50 even. at least i couldn't do it in 2005. ;)
but ye, of course we won't know how many people will send in even.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I disagree with SveinR though. Maybe I would be able to get to top50 with just some effort, but supposing I can't - it'd be very annoying to get 0 points in each event, or even in a majority. As someone mentioned before, I don't see a problem in giving more people more points, it's not like they're given an unfair advantage over the pros - it'll always be scrap points anyway.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I think the old system is good. Giving points to top 50 is reasonable and honestly I think there deffinitely won't be over 100 ppl playing ANY of the levels. Maaaaaybe 1st event, but I doubt it.
But maybe I'll be nicely surprised :) (I hope so)

If i think about it a little more, the new system is fair too, so I don't care about this problem so much. I just want levels in the quality of WC4 or WC5 :)
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

abruzzi wrote:What about points? Will it be top50 as usual awarded the points? If it's not a real problem, maybe change that number to 100 or 75? I think it would be a huge morale boost for the relatively newer people, who would also live out a competition. I think as it's of course easier to play due to EOL and we haven't had a World Cup for a half of our long history - many more than 50 people would send in come every event. Let's also bring the fun to people like pingy or joey to let them compete in their own league instead of making them face irresistible meaningless 0's. Let's make it multidimensional as there are already ideas of eg. reddit advertising that might bring back some oldschool men back here. Facing a 0 surely wouldn't improve their motivation, but some points might make them recharge, regroup and fight on. I go for top100 paid.
Lukazz wrote:(...) but ye. when i played WCup5 i was a total nab and did get 0 points on all events actually. :D so should be considered.
Igge wrote:(...)I stand by what I said over there and think it's more rewarding to get at least a tiny amount of points even if you place badly (...) This might also encourage players to actually finish the level, assuming only finishes yield points (...) In the end, we want as many participants for every event as possible, so why not encourage that in any way possible?
ramone wrote:hmm. maybe good idea igge :)
roope wrote:+1 for igge
Lukazz wrote:sounds good to me
These are th positive (most) opinions. So what has The Crew decided?
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

New questions:
1. What event triggers the start/end of your hoyling session?
2. Does hoyling the cup event harm to something in your life?
3. What did/will you think when you find a new better style and the whole time you wasted hoyling it was useless?
4. Do you think you can reach your actual limit of what you can do before the event ends?
5. Other comments?

1. I usually start to play once I watched my series and got bored of another game I play, which is usually around 10pm. And it ends around midnight ±1h because I work the next day. But I usually hoyl until I can finally do a decent run of the style I'm trying so those 5min extensions can turn to 1h...
2. Yes, it's really hard to wake up in the morning and I'm a bit tired at work, not so bad tho.
3. Meh, I'm a bit sad, but I dont regret the experience gained from the level, mastering it better eventho I'm not fully using style I hoyled.
4. I wish, I really wish, I know I could do a certain time xx:xx but I will prolly never reach it sadly, tho I'll keep hoyling for little improvements.
5. Even if I'm not hoyling the right styles (maybe I am, idk), I really enjoy playing the level so far. Good to share ideas with team. I TRY to play most for the fun and not for personal best time.
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

1. Whenever I'm free from lectures and parties.
2. Even though I spend like 90% of the time I'm at home on WC6, I say no
3. I found my current styles rather early, relative to time spent hoyling. The rest was adding micro optimizations and improving touch.
4. Of course not. The level is short but a perfect ride would take hundreds of hours of hoyling, I believe.
5. Pretty cool lev.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

How to do?
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

[OMG] Sierra here:o no way, it must be a dream
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

PM'd a link to a ready-to-go EOL folder, didn't paste here because I think it's still slightly illegal to distribute full version of elma.
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by ROKKEBOL »

nick-o-matic wrote:PM'd a link to a ready-to-go EOL folder, didn't paste here because I think it's still slightly illegal to distribute full version of elma.
http://www.jappe2.net/elma/ElmaOnline.zip
ban jappe2? :P