World Cup Reject (Battle) Cup

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

SveinR
Moporator

World Cup Reject (Battle) Cup

Post by SveinR »

This is an idea I had a while back - have some sort of battle cup for several of the World Cup 6 rejects. Alternatively, a level pack on kopasite.

The idea is that these levels have been worked hard on by the designers, and deserve more attention than some random battle would give them. Also, Ramone has stated several times that he felt many levs were similar to battle levs, so a battle cup could therefore work. But perhaps a levelpack contest would be even better? Or: Collect into levelpack contest after battles have been held.

If the designers were up for something like this, I'd say each designer could have maybe 2 levs each. Also, I would think the designers might want to battle their own levs, so it could be a kind of "informal" cup where the time and dates were decided but it's the designers themselves who start the battles.

Thoughts?
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Ramone
50mins club

Re: World Cup Reject (Battle) Cup

Post by Ramone »

A levelpack would accually be great. There are many unused high quality levels. Just to make a zip and up them (many wanted this) would just be unfair. Many spent plenty of time on levels and when not used in cup wanna use elsewhere. Just not waste them. Also a wc6 pack would mean its cool to keep all wc6 logos and that.

Allthough, my computer crashed today. All dead. (Day after wc ended... Quite funny) Dont know when or how I can get it up. I can still check email for submitted levels ofc. But many levels sent over other channels. So only have all levels on my crashed comp...

Pack definately better way to make levels rememberable. Also could be a nice tradition for future, to make a high quality levpack after cup . Ofc now we need to ask ppl if they are ok with it, since many ppl allready using elsewhere. Or are planning to.
Elasto Mania - ez better
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

I've actually had something similar in mind. Also, many people have been eager to see the rejected levs, so this would be a great way to show them off. I think a levelpack would be the better choice right now, without anything cup-related. Keep it simple. Dunno about the battling though. I believe some may have already battled some of their rejected levs. IMO designers can start them as battle whenever they like or not, as long as the levs end up in to the levpack.

EDIT: don't think it needs to go through you ram, people who want to send the levs for the levpack will send them o,o
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

roope wrote:EDIT: don't think it needs to go through you ram, people who want to send the levs for the levpack will send them o,o
i see what you did there 8)
Undiente
Kuski

Post by Undiente »

Balles will be played only once and during the time the balle is on. That just doesn't feel right if you're aiming to reward the time spent in those levels (like you did with zweq's ironic masterpiece).

Why not just upload them to elmaonline.net as a pack for hoyling times to be recorded and compared and all that shit?

Ez World Cup 6 Rejects cup too.
1999: Discovered accross.
2002: Joined scene.
2003-2010: Made hundreds of quality levels.
2011: Discovered real life.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I can't see any reason for not both battling them and making a levpack out of them afterwards. I could be in with my pipe.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

nick-o-matic wrote:I can't see any reason for not both battling them and making a levpack out of them afterwards. I could be in with my pipe.
One reason would be battling = spoiling best style after the battle has ended. If you up it as an external levpack only people will have to find styles themselves.

Ramone: Did your entire HDD crash or just the OS? Perhaps you could get the levels back using a live OS?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Dont know whats wrong but I think hd is ok. Its just all dead.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I don't think cup levels are appropriate for battles, not even 60 mins, well , depends on level. And nobody plays level packs. Just delete the levs
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

Please don't use my lev's, I have given them to another cup... Thanks.
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Many designers may wish to use their levs for something else, of course if it were something high profile enough they may be fine with choosing to use them for that. Then again the question is wether they would make for a well rounded level pack or whatever. Many may have been rejected due to too many of one type of level, some may be half finished cus they weren't choosen and no aesthetics were made. Up to designers of course, but I'm sure many wouldn't want them released unless it were something really cool.

Would still be interesting to see which were rejected of course, would be cool if we could somehow track them and see where they end up being used, and maybe in a year be able to see them all.
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Why not make somekind of official callout on the worldcup6 site for the rejected levels (and news on moposite/eolsite)? And those who are willing to submit their levs to this pack can either re-send or ask the previous reciever of levs (Ramone) to submit them to Kopaka/SveinR or whoever is in charge of this?

And if nothing is said from a certain levcreator / he doesnt answer the call within a set time period = levs wont be included in the pack, simple as that. Then the creators who didnt wish to submit can use their levs for whatever they want.

Also from my memory, didnt like Chris send 100 flat tracks to Ramone for wcup? Such things might be worth to take into consideration as well for a pack
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

imo just put all levels in one pack have as pack on eol site. Except for those like Blaz that uses them for some other secret stuff.
ToMaT
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

put in levpack and keep them all anonymous then let mans guess who made each level)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Thundr- wrote:Also from my memory, didnt like Chris send 100 flat tracks to Ramone for wcup? Such things might be worth to take into consideration as well for a pack
Which is why I suggested only 2 levs from each designer :)
Rules | FAQ
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Please don't just use the levels. Levmakers can send them themselves if they want to. A bit of a reminder: this was already done before the cup (PreWC) and not everyone was happy that Ramone used his own editions of others' levels without asking.

I dunno what could be a good format for this. A levelpack maybe, just to showcase the levels. I don't think theer's a way to get them played much, and as zamp said they're probably nat very suitablé for balles. So people who want to showcase their rejected levels can combine them into a pack just for the sake of showcasing them, no?

Question is, how many are in? I might be.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Lousku wrote:Please don't just use the levels. Levmakers can send them themselves if they want to. A bit of a reminder: this was already done before the cup (PreWC) and not everyone was happy that Ramone used his own editions of others' levels without asking.
I always intended for levels to be included only if the levmakers agreed... Also, since I suggested max 2 levs per designer, the designer should choose which 2 levs these should be.
Rules | FAQ
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

I would send one lev. Also just a point: rather put the pack on Kopasite than EOL site (or both). Elmaonline packs don't seem to get played much at all.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Undiente
Kuski

Post by Undiente »

roope wrote:I would send one lev. Also just a point: rather put the pack on Kopasite than EOL site (or both). Elmaonline packs don't seem to get played much at all.
Maybe if we begun giving importance to elmaonline.net packs, they would be more played. If we instead keep retaining from hoyling them, they will never pick up.

They're the easiest to maintain and update (mainly because that is done automatically), times are saved when people play them (not prone to human errors saving recs and shit), styles can be still kept secret with shitf+f1 and they are supposed to bee xiit-free.
1999: Discovered accross.
2002: Joined scene.
2003-2010: Made hundreds of quality levels.
2011: Discovered real life.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I'm probably one of the few playing packs from eol site, but not so seriously just cruise them, not finishing all always but it's fun imo.
ToMaT