who is master at what?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

who is master at what?

Post by ribot »

zweq once said "nekit is master at bike control", insinuating that there are different skills to master. If nekit is the master of bike control, what is zweq the master at?

I would like if you answer the different skills available, and who is the master at them.

For example:
Bike control - nekit
style copier - TorInge
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Re: who is master at what?

Post by Mawane »

Mawane: Innovative design ideas even if the levels suck usually, still idea is nice
Chris: flat track maker and best hi-er
adi: 10+ min pipes
Markku: 10+ min levels
tl: quick levmaker with relatively long lengths
danielj: good playability levs made with SLE
bjenn: good at hoyling a style (even if its not the best one)
anpdad: pro spyer
Ramone: best active quality (overall) battle maker (eventho i usually dont like his levels :P )
lousku: most active battler?
Lukazz: pro at safing pipes, when usually everybody dies trying too hard not to die
Xiphias: sick brutaler
moszat: best ground bouncer and zweq spiner
-T0ny-: best mawpi fan
BoneLESS: best canadian player! (imo)
Zero: unreal unbelievable playing skills
Kopaka: best website maker
zworqy: do i really have to say?

anyone agree with some of those?
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Zweq's strength is that he is 99% in everything. While Nekit is 100% in hilling he lacks in other aspects. The same goes for many pipers who are 95%+ in their field, but they lack elsewhere. Zweq is just such a good all-round elmer that it's impossible to ever count him out, and he is always the favorite to win a balle (unless its a hill, where nek is alone at 100%).

I don't think many areas are mastered; for instance pipes can be divided further into thin pipes like JoPi, jagged pipes like nekpi, cruise pipes like hazpi, etc etc. This is why I don't think we'll ever see a 100% piper either - there's just too much to learn. I think Nek really is the only true master with a 100% win chance in his specific field, but Zweq still comes close here, just like he does in every single other field. Markku is another good example, and would probably place somewhere around 90-95% in cruise FFs (not including hills or IQ FFs or sach), but still there are others who beat him occasionally.

It's fun to see how divided elma is into several sub-categories. We were talking about it the other day in EOL, how some nabs are amazing at flat track levels (probably because there are so many in EOL), while for many old players they're really hard (so much finetuned biuke control). Myself, I have no problem piping; to me its just wrumming and every move comes naturally, but put me on a straight chris flat and I'm totally lost. A new player might experience the complete opposite.

I find this to be a really interesting topic, I'm glad you brought it up! This here above post was just random word mashing, but maybe I'll be able to formulate my thoughts better on later, and add more theories and examples.
Last edited by Igge on 29 Jan 2014, 23:15, edited 2 times in total.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Markku best improvisation and nerves. I had this topic in mind but didn't think of much to contribute so didn't post.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

zweq:

A stylefinder, who is too lazy to hoyl the fuck out of his styles.

spef:

Can make best time very fast on almost every levs, i think he is the new toringe.
Team SPEED

Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Agree with everything Igge said. To list the "absolute master 1 person only" in something common like bouncing, brutal etc is right down impossible by all regards, and the overall categories we can make (like master of diagonal-not-too-narrow-speedy-pipes-that-are-also-not-too-long) becomes tailored to to suit maybe this one guy that perhaps happened to win a couple of battles that were like this. Thus he is declared master of that.

Zweq for stylefinding and Nek for hilling are maybe something a lot of people can agree on. Other than that I can only think of Crazy sticking out far more than others in being the master of höylalevs.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

There are also some interesting masters when it comes to internals, the perfect example would be Jarkko in int05. I can't think of anyone else who is as dominant in an int as he is. I don't even know if there's any other int where someone could even be considered a master really, since many WRs are still made through competition rather than just pure lone hoyling like in Uphill Battle. Just like in battles where Nekit is the master of hills, a master should be someone who no one else is even close to being as good as, and there shouldn't be any doubt that they are the best and will always win.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Mawane wrote:Lukazz: pro at safing pipes, when usually everybody dies trying too hard not to die

anyone agree with some of those?
ye, totally agreeing with you there.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Igge wrote:There are also some interesting masters when it comes to internals, the perfect example would be Jarkko in int05.
Depends on how we define master tho. Ribot is refering to "skills", although you can bruteforce something with a lot of time and effort, hence mastering a single level that way etc. I think that counts just as much as anything when it comes to elma.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Nekit as a master at hills is probably the only/most appropriate "master at what". However, it depends on the level a lot how much a person is master at something. Consider vertex density for example. Nekit stops being a dominant hiller when you start a hill with low vertex density.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Mawane: Best rapper.
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

elmaster, master of el
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

УЕАНS is тне маsтеr оf тне rапdом qиотеs
Image Image
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

i feel that i am the master at playing exactly the way i do.
God Bless America
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Adi: Master of mind-blowing times with normal styles
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]