Match system for league/head to head battles

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

Match system for league/head to head battles

Post by ribot »

Hi,
I'm thinking about creating something like the elma league/head to head battles.

It seems to me that it is quite easy to cheat these days, so what could be the way to host this system, with recs and verification?

If there would be a possibility to upload recs, then those recs could be saveloaded. Another point is that if levels would be generated automatically, the system would still not know the level id in elmaonline's database.

Therefore, this is the solution I have come up with.
Say there is a match between player X and Y. In order for them to play, they need to have a host (or referee/witness). The host can verify who is the winner by watching the game, in case players X and Y do not agree. The host would then also be responsible for supplying the level, and finding the level id on elmaonline.
What do you think about it, is this an ok solution? Do you have any ideas for how to improve it?
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Re: Match system for league/head to head battles

Post by niN »

Would be totally awesome competition ofc!

About solution, I like your idea. I think it would be possible to get verification through elma online site though, but a witness sounds cooler. More original solution.

imho when ppl battle then a third kuski makes lev and witness the battle. Then maybe only witness can report scores online on your site or something. shouldn't be too hard to find a window where all three kuskis have 20 mins to do the battle. You would have to have some functional and simple system for designers and battlers to sign up. Maybe designers can up lev and possible dates/times for witness availability on that lev, and there will maybe be two free slots for kuskis to sign up for that level/battle. And then there's a list with all available levs and times to do the.

Walkover would have to exist also, if people forgets to show up even though they signed up for it. I would happily contribute with levels and witness and might even battle if you make nice site =)
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...