FEM14 Levelpack

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

FEM14 Levelpack

Post by Hosp »

Hi, I would like it (and I'm sure others will too) if some levmaker that won't go to FEM would make some levelpack consisting of maybe 10-25? levels that we can höyl for fun during FEM14.
Maybe too early to ask it but I thought would be fun.
ToMaT
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Re: FEM14 Levelpack

Post by BlaZtek »

I have a bunch of unballed levels that I have spendt more then avrage time on designing, Maybe I shall collect the best ones and create FEMxx pack? If ppl are intrested )
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I could try making some (definitely not 25 but maybe 5), any directions\restrictions on what kinds of levs you want?
And for what exactly, will there be a TT competition like Trek Tracks or what? More info please. :)
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

I may be interested in making some FEM14 levels too :)
Is there currently someone who would be collecting the levels?
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I have yet to discuss this with other FEM mans but I doubt there would be any objections if I just collected them, renamed them and brought them to FEM.
Will probably be just a pack people can play for fun and compete a bit on a non-serious level, like in FEM13 but then we made them at the spot etc.
ToMaT
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

I can collect levs when i come back in about one week. Best for such a pack would be something like EOL pack.. many diff designers. But if you are okay with me doing teh, you can send me levs in skype or pm here
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Useless if not for battle. Extra cruiselevels not needed imo
Elasto Mania - ez better
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Which is best?
  • An "official" pack is gathered before the meet. Levs made at the meet are nat part of this.
  • Levs (made both before and at the meet) are given to someone to rename into FEM14xxx, to ensure there's no duplicates but we still hev an official pack.
  • We hev a list where anyone can claim numbers in the pack.
  • Levs are named whatever and renamed after the meet into an official pack. Recs won't work unless someone painstakingly edits them all.
  • Levs are named whatever and kept that way. If wanted, they can still be compiled into a pack on EOL site or somewhere.
Or something else?

In any case I think nobody should claim FEM14 lev prefix until someone organizes it. Everyone hates multiple versions of the same levname in EOL database, so let's just not even name levs like teh yet. :P
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

I guess the level pack will be released at a certain time at FEM. It doesn't really matter where the levels have been made, as long as they are renamed to FEM14xxx.lev before releasing. For example, I can send you my zeb1.lev and zeb2.lev and you can rename them accordingly.

Ramone, I agree that battle levels are maybe more important, but I think there is still time for official level pack höyling in the meantime.

Maybe the organizer can pick the best levels for "official FEM14 level pack" and use others in battles.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Bene is confused oke whytehel is some designer thats not going to FEM making ofisial FEM paglevs????

It's like if Bene started making Finland levels to go meet Lousku next year in finland but doesn't go and they are still part of the ofisial Finland pag.
Bene thinks that FEM14xxx should be reserved for on the spot bulles, contests and levels that are made and pleid there and the rest of the world will have fun with after, if any pack is ever released.

Bene is not hating on Hosps idea but should be named something else for purity and less confusion in a few years when Lousku cruises levs in eol and wanders who was there osv.
But he is presenting his idea completely wrong and insecure that it becomes a turnoff to read this thread.

Maybe this is reason why Bene hates so much on external levels being ofisial. Because with Hosps way of presenting his idea these levels serve no real purpose or competition or anything that would add to or come from FEM14 experience really.
And as an external kuski playing the ofisial FEM14 pag and suddenly there is a random level, or only random levels, from zebra that was cruised ff once by Hosp during teh meet would feel extremely weird.

But Bene is nat even going or playing FEM14 levels he just wanted an excuse to say hi to Lousku on lauta.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

me want make levs:)))

I'll try to make 10x 20-40 sec norm levs, I will send to Hosp or Zero then?
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Hi bene =D

On one hand it's nice to hev some levs ready for the meet, from many designers, including those nat coming. This way we cane start balles as soon as wanted without waiting for levs made on spot. Duno how much battling theer will be, but it's good to prepare for teh, especially seeing as uncoming mans want to make levs! Thise levs will be special for the meet anyway since mans will play furious balles in them (and thus they will deserve teh FEM14 name =D).

On teh other hand there will probably be ez enough levmaking on the spot to gather a pack. And really, obv the realest FEM14 levs are made theer at the meet, no? These will ofc also be used for beerballes etc.

Imo if a single pack is wanted we can just mash them together. Someone gathers levs from uncoming mans and renames them to FEM14etc. At the meet there can be a number list on the wall where you write yuor name when you make a lev. Something like teh is needed, otherwise nobody knows what number is next. But ist simpel and ez. The pack can be as big as wanted unless someone goes insein and makes it >1000 levs (FEM14999.lev). If we hev LAN belma server at the meet, the pack can and should be hueg so nobody has to wait for new if just wana play balles. :P

Alternatively we separate levs made for the meet and at the meet. Something like FEM14a99 vs FEM14b99... I dunno. No reason to do this imo.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

zebra wrote:Ramone, I agree that battle levels are maybe more important, but I think there is still time for official level pack höyling in the meantime.
We had such pack at some DEM, that ran throughout the meeting as a TT competition, and it was nice to have something to play between battles indeed, and it made for a topic of conversation throughout the metting as well. So I can only recommend it.

@bene: It's basically the usual you don't want someone to have an advantage thing, which is maybe not a big deal if you make levels on the spot, but still nice to have some ready made levels from others.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

O right, I didn't consider mans would want to höyl something other than balles. Fuk it, I dunno. :d
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Hi again Lousku :*

Yes, I don't hate on the idea of having pre made levels and something like a tt competition sounds oke osv.

It's just that Hosp has not said anything about the purpose of these levels and all I can read is that he just wants levels cause FEM and mans might cruise them non seriously.
I wouldn't want to design levels for the meet for this purpose and I can't see why anyone would be interested in designing levels that has no purpose presented behind them except existing during FEM.
And if levels that are just cruised randomly during FEM suddenly makes it into an official FEM14 levelpack - well that just feels wrong.

Now had he suggested some kind of contest with these levels or if there had been some discussion about usage, beyond non-serious play, for example as battle levels, I wouldn't complain at all.

That's just my immediate thought when reading this thread and it seems to be something that others wondered (like kuchi) but Hosp completely dodged answering?
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

I don't see any problem with there being 2 levelpacks - the official FEM14xx one where all the levs made in FEM are, and some other where these pre-sent hoyla levs are. If I wouldn't be participating, I'd still gladly send some levs for just some cruising. It would still be fun to see times and recs made by mans over 10 days.

I would very possibly hoyl some fun faks for passage of time if there's no activity or battles on (or don't orka participate).
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

The FEM14 pack should not be some cup levels mega extremely thought out every move etc or some EOL pack or OLP, just norm levs you make in 30sec then höyl with mans
Was fun in FEM13 when we just made levs and played not so serious small contest then afterwards mostly me and Spef played teh and beat eachothers times and found styles etc.
But this so big meet with lots of beer balles 1htt 24htt etc so maybe no need such pack I was talking about. I can ez just make levs for myself to enjoy anyways.
ToMaT
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

who do i send levs to? :) kept some battle levels that felt very good and didn't start them. Also revisited them a little, added some visuals and shit.

FEM levpack from some designers is cool idea, imo
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

The FEM levelpack has found its final form: http://elmaonline.net/statistics/levelpack/FEM14O

The deadline of this will probably be on Saturday and the top x will get some small prizes that we bought today. I think it will be a kinglist contest with some point system to be decided and the prize system will go so that the winner chooses his prize first and so on. I think that people who were here but have already left can also play with us and get prices if they want through some arrangments because they have contributed to the money with which the prices have been bought. Also completely unrelated people can play if they want since it's impossible to prevent that and they have been playing already.